PDA

View Full Version : Dan Fouts and Ian Eagle

BillsImpossible
11-17-2013, 04:17 PM
Compared to Marv Albert and Dan Dierdorf, their coverage of the game today was refreshing to listen to. I actually enjoyed listening to them.

Just wanted to say nice job. Hope the Bills get this crew again.

Skooby
11-17-2013, 08:14 PM
The Eagle eye comment was classic, good job today agreed.

black N yellow
11-17-2013, 08:15 PM
anyone other than blubbering Dierdorf or "anti-Bills" Tasker, and I'm good.

Skooby
11-17-2013, 08:26 PM
anyone other than blubbering Dierdorf or "anti-Bills" Tasker, and I'm good.

DD mumbled on another broadcast about his last year & him playing center, talked about over-snapping one about 8' above the QB thinking it was classic. He really needs to do a don't drink & drive commercial, then disappear.

better days
11-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Well, I disagree. I remember in the first QTR, a Bill I think Dareus tackled Geno & CLEARLY hit him in the thigh above the knee.

Fouts claimed he hit him on/below the knee which was NOT TRUE, Fouts called it a dirty hit.

Both Fouts & Eagle were clearly rooting for the Jets.

On another play, the Bills were called for interfering with the Jet on a punt play.

The ball CLEARLY hit the ground before the Bill touched him, but I think it was Eagle that said the Bill interfered with him.

I think Eagle & Fouts were the WORST announcers all year.

SpikedLemonade
11-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Well, I disagree. I remember in the first QTR, a Bill I think Dareus tackled Geno & CLEARLY hit him in the thigh above the knee.

Fouts claimed he hit him on/below the knee which was NOT TRUE, Fouts called it a dirty hit.

Both Fouts & Eagle were clearly rooting for the Jets.

On another play, the Bills were called for interfering with the Jet on a punt play.

The ball CLEARLY hit the ground before the Bill touched him, but I think it was Eagle that said the Bill interfered with him.

I think Eagle & Fouts were the WORST announcers all year.

It must be a burden to be such a homer like you.

better days
11-17-2013, 08:33 PM
It must be a burden to be such a homer like you.

LOL, NO BURDEN to be a HATER RIGHT?

I swear I think some people that CLAIM to be Bills fans are NOT Bills fans at all but just are on this board to stir crap up & run down the team.

BertSquirtgum
11-17-2013, 08:52 PM

No he didn't. He clearly stated on the replay that it was a legal hit. What the **** were you listening to? I hate Fouts and I hate sticking up for him but why are you making **** up?

Normally Fouts is terrible doing Bills' games but he was pretty good today.

better days
11-17-2013, 08:55 PM
No he didn't. He clearly stated on the replay that it was a legal hit. What the **** were you listening to? I hate Fouts and I hate sticking up for him but why are you making **** up?

NO he didn't. Do you have the game recorded? I DO, after I watch it again, I will tell you EXACTLY what he said.

BertSquirtgum
11-17-2013, 08:58 PM
I can't wait.

better days
11-17-2013, 09:02 PM
I can't wait.

And this avatar is pretty funny, but your OLD avatars were much more fun to look at.

Crisis
11-17-2013, 09:04 PM
I think you're both referring to different hits.

The one Fouts said was legal was the first Dareus hit of the game. The one better days is referring to I think is when someone (I forgot who as well) hit Geno around his knees and Fouts said you can't hit a QB there.

TacklingDummy
11-17-2013, 09:05 PM
Anything is better than Tasker.

better days
11-17-2013, 09:10 PM
I think you're both referring to different hits.

The one Fouts said was legal was the first Dareus hit of the game. The one better days is referring to I think is when someone (I forgot who as well) hit Geno around his knees and Fouts said you can't hit a QB there.

Yeah, I think that hit Fouts said was legal was a play or two after the play I was talking about.

And again, it was CLEAR, Geno was hit ABOVE the knee. And an official was right there & did not throw a flag.

On the punt interference, the Bills were penalized, but the replay CLEARLY showed the ball hit the ground before the Jet was touched.

sam5767
11-18-2013, 03:51 AM
While Fouts is usually better than Deirdorf, he was terrible yesterday...seemed like he was annoyed whenever the Bills did something good..

Oaf
11-18-2013, 04:19 AM
I hate Dierdorf and Phil Simms and Joe Buck.

Night Train
11-18-2013, 04:29 AM
While Fouts is usually better than Deirdorf, he was terrible yesterday...seemed like he was annoyed whenever the Bills did something good..

I'm guessing the Bills game had a limited viewing area outside of NYC and the pro-Jets observations were designed to hold an audience. I noticed the same. The low hit comment was an ex-QB protecting his ilk.

Historian
11-18-2013, 04:40 AM
I thought they were very complimentary to both rookie QBs, as well as the Bills in general.

Tough to fill once the game is a 34-7 rout.

EricStratton
11-18-2013, 04:58 AM
At least Ian Eagle gives the impression that he did his homework on the teams. Considering all the games he does ( college, pro, college hoops etc) that counts for something

pmoon6
11-18-2013, 06:05 AM
One cool Eagle comment, "OHH, and it's Simms to Bavarro!!!...oh wait"

Eagle/Fouts are better than most. I like Phil Simms, but Jim Nance washes Brady's nutsack after every game with his tongue. Solomon Wilcots is an idiot as well as Dan Dierdorf and Rich Gannon. You would think they never played the game, but that's what happens to some when they transition to "TV personality". Steve Tasker does a good job keeping his pro Buffalo emotions in check and have you noticed he doesn't do many Bills' games anymore? My thinking is that's at his request. He probably got tired of walking the tightrope that separates people's perception of homer while not being overly critical.

It's just a pitfall of being in the unenviable position of trying to please Bills' Fans. It can't be done.

pmoon6
11-18-2013, 06:21 AM
At least Ian Eagle gives the impression that he did his homework on the teams. Considering all the games he does ( college, pro, college hoops etc) that counts for somethingOne thing that is interesting is he pronounces his name "Eye-an" instead of "E-in". Is that because he has a squinky eye or does he feel the need to be unique. Maybe because he got picked on in school for being "E-in Eagle". Sounds like a nerdy superhero, like "The Blue Raja".

better days
11-18-2013, 07:31 AM
At least Ian Eagle gives the impression that he did his homework on the teams. Considering all the games he does ( college, pro, college hoops etc) that counts for something

I will agree with that. Both Eagle & Fouts were knowledgeable, I was just not happy with the OBVIOUS Jets HOMERISM from the two of them.

better days
11-18-2013, 07:37 AM
And during halftime, talking about the game, Shannon Sharp said the Jets win the games they should lose & lose the games they should win.

As if the Jets were playing the Jags in this game & not the Bills in Buffalo.

After the game as well, it seemed the Jets were blamed for losing the game by the experts & no credit was given to the Bills for winning it.

trapezeus
11-18-2013, 07:58 AM
And during halftime, talking about the game, Shannon Sharp said the Jets win the games they should lose & lose the games they should win.

After the game as well, it seemed the Jets were blamed for losing the game by the experts & no credit was given to the Bills for winning it.

because there is such a huge difference between the jags and the bills.

bills had two INTs thrown right at them and a third was a terrible screen pass that was completely covered. they scored 17 points off turnovers. So if the jets played a little more disciplined, we win 20-14. the bills still make a lot of mistakes. Let's not blow this feel good win out of proportion.

pmoon6
11-18-2013, 08:04 AM

After the game as well, it seemed the Jets were blamed for losing the game by the experts & no credit was given to the Bills for winning it.When all the other dicks were talking about how terrible Geno Smith was, Shannon said "You've got to give credit to the Buffalo defense". Esiason said "Yeah, I'll give them this much credit, holding his thumb and index finger an inch apart.

It's kinda disheartening when you hear a player you used to admire talking **** because he used to play for the Jets. Boomer has become a Bengals/Jets homer and we all know what Marino is.

Too bad Bruce Smith didn't kill Esiason when he crushed him back in the day and Marino for that matter. NFL commentary would benefit greatly.

trapezeus
11-18-2013, 08:10 AM
i think any NFL qb, even at the very bottom rung, can make the throws, when they have time. no matter how lowly you think of Geno, he can make the throws when given time. the bills did not give him time and that's where he crumbled.

on one hand, if the bills played a cleaner game, they could have gotten to 37 points a lot faster than they did, if they just game out more disciplined in the second half. instead it was sloppy and they let a TD occur, and it's a game again.

i like the win, it made me happy. i didn't see it as a turning point where the bills are really clicking. they forced a QB into a lot of bad plays, but the offense only operated at like 65%. That's an improvement from last week, but if we want to be a playoff team, it has to be better.

better days
11-18-2013, 08:15 AM
because there is such a huge difference between the jags and the bills.

bills had two INTs thrown right at them and a third was a terrible screen pass that was completely covered. they scored 17 points off turnovers. So if the jets played a little more disciplined, we win 20-14. the bills still make a lot of mistakes. Let's not blow this feel good win out of proportion.

There is a HUGE difference between the Bills & the Jags. And the Bills were at HOME as well. Home field ADVANTAGE.

I think before this game started it should have been viewed as a game the Jets COULD win, but NOT a game they SHOULD win.

And the pick 6 by Searcy was a GREAT ATHLETIC play by him. NONE of the INTs were gifts, they were GOOD plays by the Bills defense.

You must not have actually watched the game to make such a STUPID comment.

better days
11-18-2013, 08:19 AM
i think any NFL qb, even at the very bottom rung, can make the throws, when they have time. no matter how lowly you think of Geno, he can make the throws when given time. the bills did not give him time and that's where he crumbled.

on one hand, if the bills played a cleaner game, they could have gotten to 37 points a lot faster than they did, if they just game out more disciplined in the second half. instead it was sloppy and they let a TD occur, and it's a game again.

i like the win, it made me happy. i didn't see it as a turning point where the bills are really clicking. they forced a QB into a lot of bad plays, but the offense only operated at like 65%. That's an improvement from last week, but if we want to be a playoff team, it has to be better.

I think the weather affected Geno as much as the Bills pass rush.

EJ on the other hand was not affected by either the weather or the Jets pass rush.

The TD to Graham came on a blitz by the Jets & EJ had LITTLE time to make that throw.

pmoon6
11-18-2013, 08:22 AM

i like the win, it made me happy. i didn't see it as a turning point where the bills are really clicking. they forced a QB into a lot of bad plays, but the offense only operated at like 65%. That's an improvement from last week, but if we want to be a playoff team, it has to be better.Isn't that the goal when developing a young QB? Improving week to week and overcoming obstacles?

The unfortunate thing is many fans want Manuel to be great out of the gate because they're so starved for a winner and when he doesn't perform to their expectations, he sucks, is a bust and lets draft another QB in the first round. It doesn't work that way.

How's the great Robert Griffin doing? The one who had three endorsement deals before he took an NFL snap and the one constantly pimped by the media as better than sliced bread.

What you say? Their completion % and QB rating are almost identical and their teams have the same record?

Surely you jest!

better days
11-18-2013, 08:26 AM
When all the other dicks were talking about how terrible Geno Smith was, Shannon said "You've got to give credit to the Buffalo defense". Esiason said "Yeah, I'll give them this much credit, holding his thumb and index finger an inch apart.

It's kinda disheartening when you hear a player you used to admire talking **** because he used to play for the Jets. Boomer has become a Bengals/Jets homer and we all know what Marino is.

Too bad Bruce Smith didn't kill Esiason when he crushed him back in the day and Marino for that matter. NFL commentary would benefit greatly.

Yeah, you are right, at least Sharp gave the Bills some credit.

TacklingDummy
11-18-2013, 08:26 AM
EJ on the other hand was not affected by either the weather or the Jets pass rush.

Not completely true.
Unless you are saying the weather didn't have any effect and they were just bad passes on the horrible pass to Graham that Graham made a great adjustment on for a touchdown or the overthrow of Hogan who was wide open in the endzone in the 2nd Qtr.

better days
11-18-2013, 08:31 AM
Not completely true.
Unless you are saying the weather didn't have any effect and they were just bad passes on the horrible pass to Graham that Graham mad a great adjustment to for a touchdown or the overthrow of Hogan who was wide open in the endzone in the 2nd Qtr.

Even in a dome or in perfect weather like in San Diego, NO QB is going to be 100% on his throws.

EJ throws a TIGHT spiral that can cut through the WINDS at the Ralph or in Jersey or NE as well.

pmoon6
11-18-2013, 08:36 AM
Not completely true.
Unless you are saying the weather didn't have any effect and they were just bad passes on the horrible pass to Graham that Graham made a great adjustment on for a touchdown or the overthrow of Hogan who was wide open in the endzone in the 2nd Qtr.I was waiting for some idiot to Poo-poo that pass. Geno threw almost the exact completion to Holmes for 33 yards. Maybe Manuel saw that and said "Hey, I can do that too".

Of course, almost every NFL win involves a little luck. A bounce this way or that way, an official looking somewhere else when you commit a penalty, a finger an inch away from deflecting a pass, etc.

"Hey Ditka, you sure got lucky winning that game"

"I'd rather be lucky than good"

Historian
11-18-2013, 08:44 AM
an official looking somewhere else when you commit a penalty

True. Look at the blatant facemask on Spiller that they missed.

better days
11-18-2013, 08:52 AM

I do agree with you about the cleaner game aspect. What is up with all the block in the back penalties by the Bills?

Marrone & Company need to coach them up & clean that up.

"OK guys this is the FRONT. you are allowed to block someone in this area. This is the BACK, do NOT touch it. You are NOT allowed to block in the back. Everyone got that?"

direbills
11-18-2013, 09:25 AM

Yes he did. You may talking about the other hit. Fouts clearly said that the first Dareus hit was not legal.

jdaltroy5
11-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I think that hit Fouts said was legal was a play or two after the play I was talking about.

And again, it was CLEAR, Geno was hit ABOVE the knee. And an official was right there & did not throw a flag.

On the punt interference, the Bills were penalized, but the replay CLEARLY showed the ball hit the ground before the Jet was touched.It doesn't matter when the ball hit the ground. Brooks hit Cribbs (or whoever the punt returner is) before Cribbs touched the ball.

You can't just go and hit a player as soon as the ball hits the ground.

pmoon6
11-18-2013, 09:48 AM
It doesn't matter when the ball hit the ground. Brooks hit Cribbs (or whoever the punt returner is) before Cribbs touched the ball.

You can't just go and hit a player as soon as the ball hits the ground.Yes, you can. When the ball hits the ground, the PR is no longer a receiver. Unfortunately, Brooks hit him a second before the ball got there, thus impeding his ability to catch the ball.

It was a good call by the officials.

better days
11-18-2013, 09:51 AM
Yes, you can. When the ball hits the ground, the PR is no longer a receiver. Unfortunately, Brooks hit him a second before the ball got there, thus impeding his ability to catch the ball.

It was a good call by the officials.

On replay, it looked to me like the ball hit the ground first. It was close.

I will have to watch it in slo mo when I watch the game again.

jdaltroy5
11-18-2013, 09:55 AM
Yes, you can. When the ball hits the ground, the PR is no longer a receiver. Unfortunately, Brooks hit him a second before the ball got there, thus impeding his ability to catch the ball.

It was a good call by the officials.Really? I always thought that you couldn't touch the PR until he touched the ball, but I guess that makes sense.

pmoon6
11-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Really? I always thought that you couldn't touch the PR until he touched the ball, but I guess that makes sense.The ball hits the ground, he just becomes another blocker. Now, the refs can flag the gunner for the ambiguous "defenseless" player BS, but that's a judgement call.

pmoon6
11-18-2013, 10:20 AM
On replay, it looked to me like the ball hit the ground first. It was close.

I will have to watch it in slo mo when I watch the game again.I already watched it slo-mo because I thought the same as you. The ball was still in the air.

Dontcha just love DVRs and the Direct TV Box allows me to rewind and slow forward even while watching the game.