PDA

View Full Version : Let's Shut Down The Weekly ****** Roller Coaster Of Emotion

Night Train
11-17-2013, 05:04 PM
...and finally realize this is a first year coach with a first year raw QB. In addition, all new schemes and a roster obviously short of several key starters.

I have no idea how this will look in 3 years but Marrone gets at least that to show if this train is traveling down the right tracks. Homer left the station a long time ago.

The Marrone Bills are basically 20 minutes into a 2 1/2 hour movie that I've never seen. To make conclusions now means nothing.

I predicted 6 wins during an obvious rebuilding year and I'm probably in the right neighborhood. I'm sure I have plenty of company there.

I get it. Winning is great. Losing sucks. Balanced observations, both positive and critical are very good reads.

Blame is short sighted and reactionary. It paints quite the picture. A pox on all idiotic twitter thoughts, which this place is overrun with.

Just watch the progression. The rebuild just started and this coming off-season should see a large turnover, the norm for a coach after year 1.

Quit telling me how this ends, based on what Chan, Jauron or other bad coaches tried. It doesn't apply.

Watch and select the right popcorn. It's a long ride.

Buffalo Thriller
11-17-2013, 05:06 PM
At times I throw them under the bus but I think that just amounts to frustration, knowing its a work in progress and seeing it not look like complete **** today I'm willing to wait it out and keep my expectations low for now.

Don't Panic
11-17-2013, 05:07 PM
Great movie analogy... couldn't agree more.

ICRockets
11-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Bingo. These gameday threads are horrendous. I read them now and then and just cringe at the reactionary bull****. Everyone acts like they have to have bold, concrete opinions on every single play as though it were the most important event in Bills history.

stuckincincy
11-17-2013, 05:14 PM
...and finally realize this is a first year coach with a first year raw QB. In addition, all new schemes and a roster obviously short of several key starters.

I have no idea how this will look in 3 years but Marrone gets at least that to show if this train is traveling down the right tracks. Homer left the station a long time ago.

The Marrone Bills are basically 20 minutes into a 2 1/2 hour movie that I've never seen. To make conclusions now means nothing.

I predicted 6 wins during an obvious rebuilding year and I'm probably in the right neighborhood. I'm sure I have plenty of company there.

I get it. Winning is great. Losing sucks. Balanced observations, both positive and critical are very good reads.

Blame is short sighted and reactionary. It paints quite the picture. A pox on all idiotic twitter thoughts, which this place is overrun with.

Just watch the progression. The rebuild just started and this coming off-season should see a large turnover, the norm for a coach after year 1.

Quit telling me how this ends, based on what Chan, Jauron or other bad coaches tried. It doesn't apply.

Watch and select the right popcorn. It's a long ride.

Thanks for the lecture.

Meathead
11-17-2013, 05:33 PM
postgame hysterics are one of my favorite things. sunday nights and mondays are either irrational exhubance or jump off a cliff day

jdaltroy5
11-17-2013, 05:36 PM
I always read through the game day threads after the game is over.

They are hilarious.

DynaPaul
11-17-2013, 06:03 PM
Bingo. These gameday threads are horrendous. I read them now and then and just cringe at the reactionary bull****. Everyone acts like they have to have bold, concrete opinions on every single play as though it were the most important event in Bills history.

I call it "Die-Hard Fanism." If they didn't care they wouldn't be on this board posting.

split71
11-17-2013, 06:05 PM
Why is this coaching staff better than the previous staffs?

BillsFever21
11-17-2013, 06:11 PM
I agree as long as it also goes for the people who claim everyone is good and the team will contend after every win. They are just as bad as the ones who claim the team won't go anywhere after every loss.

It's fine to celebrate the good things and point out the bad things from each game. To act like either one of them is determining the next year or two is asinine. We see it after every win or loss though. Now next year will be a different story though.

EricStratton
11-17-2013, 06:27 PM
Game day and game night frustration/drunk threads are understandable. It's the stuff on a Tuesday afternoon that makes my hair hurt.

Novacane
11-17-2013, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the lecture.

:bf1: Get so tired of these kinds of threads. Fans are emotional because they care. Most of us anyway. There are a couple who just seem to be trying to get under others skin.

GvilleBills
11-17-2013, 06:34 PM
We will be the healthiest we've been all year in Toronto.

Novacane
11-17-2013, 06:35 PM
Game day and game night frustration/drunk threads are understandable. It's the stuff on a Tuesday afternoon that makes my hair hurt.

Yep. I get pretty emotional during the games. About an hour after the game I come back to earth and agree with pretty much everything the Night Train posted. I just don't care for the lectures.

YardRat
11-17-2013, 06:45 PM
Not sure there will actually be as large of a turnover as you might expect. They've been taking care of some of that business right thru the season instead of waiting until Jan-Feb.

BertSquirtgum
11-17-2013, 06:59 PM

So you just sit and watch the games like a coach potato and never over react to anything that happens? Stuff a **** in your mouth

BillsFever21
11-17-2013, 07:15 PM
I don't think IC is saying he doesn't get emotional during the game. He just doesn't act like every reception or incomplete pass is the end of the world. That's why they play 60 minutes.

better days
11-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Well, a number of people that post on this board look pretty STUPID about now.

- People that said the Bills would be 2-14 or 3-13

- People that wanted the Bills to get rid of TJ Graham.

- People that said the Bills need receivers in general..................that position is so FAR down the list of needs it is RIDICULOUS.

- People that have declared EJ to be a bust before he had played in 10 games.

- People that want to move Kiko to OLB.

- People that called Mario Fools Gold.

Novacane
11-17-2013, 07:20 PM
Well, a number of people that post on this board look pretty STUPID about now.

- People that said the Bills would be 2-14 or 3-13

- People that wanted the Bills to get rid of TJ Graham.

- People that said the Bills need receivers in general..................that position is so FAR down the list of needs it is RIDICULOUS.

- People that have declared EJ to be a bust before he had played in 10 games.

- People that want to move Kiko to OLB.

- People that called Mario Fools Gold.

I'm still not sold on TJ. He made a nice play looking back for the ball today on a play he was originally not open on. Other than that what did he do? I say it's 50/50 he's on the roster next year.

Mace
11-17-2013, 07:32 PM
I always read through the game day threads after the game is over.

They are hilarious.

Yeah, you know, I posted in them for years, myself until I realized how overwrought I was getting every series, and then didn't bother drinking until after games, which made me less overwrought during them. I feel less stupid at least for what I post about games, though I try to make up for it in other threads.

Meathead
11-17-2013, 08:22 PM
and youre doing a fine job

better days
11-17-2013, 08:40 PM
I'm still not sold on TJ. He made a nice play looking back for the ball today on a play he was originally not open on. Other than that what did he do? I say it's 50/50 he's on the roster next year.

2 receptions for 74 yds, 37 yd avg, 1 TD that is what TJ did today.

Pretty DAMN good IMO, & I will bet you anything you want he will be on the roster next year.

Novacane
11-17-2013, 08:54 PM
2 receptions for 74 yds, 37 yd avg, 1 TD that is what TJ did today.

Pretty DAMN good IMO, & I will bet you anything you want he will be on the roster next year.

You're right I forgot about the other long pass. Still not impressed with him. I doubt we will remember a year from now but how about 5000 zonebucks?

better days
11-17-2013, 08:58 PM
You're right I forgot about the other long pass. Still not impressed with him. I doubt we will remember a year from now but how about 5000 zonebucks?

Well, how about Chandler, were you impressed with him today? or Goodwin?

Sure, If we remember, 5000 zonebucks, you are on.

YardRat
11-18-2013, 05:39 AM
Having two speed guys is a bonus...I don't think WR will be any kind of priority this off season, they seem to be pretty solid in that area.

Night Train
11-18-2013, 05:42 AM
Having two speed guys is a bonus...I don't think WR will be any kind of priority this off season, they seem to be pretty solid in that area.

LG and maybe the next big TE who can split the middle seam.

HAMMER
11-18-2013, 09:40 AM
Well, how about Chandler, were you impressed with him today? or Goodwin?

Sure, If we remember, 5000 zonebucks, you are on.

You are betting zonebucks? Make believe money that you can't use for anything of value? You guys are high rollers, way to step out on a limb.

better days
11-18-2013, 12:43 PM
You are betting zonebucks? Make believe money that you can't use for anything of value? You guys are high rollers, way to step out on a limb.

I had Cancer of the throat.

It wiped me out physically & financially.

Zone bucs are all I can afford.

X-Era
11-18-2013, 05:39 PM
LG and maybe the next big TE who can split the middle seam.I really like the looks of Eric Ebron.