PDA

View Full Version : Marcell Darius comments post game

Buddo
11-17-2013, 05:52 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Marcell-Dareus-on-D-Lines-Strong-Play-vs-Jets/4fbfcf98-1f95-408c-a99f-d1b3d66d293f

Well worth 2 minutes of your time, especially the comments about Geno. - Priceless.:cool:

Night Train
11-17-2013, 05:55 PM
He has been a wrecking ball lately. Love his game.

BertSquirtgum
11-17-2013, 06:19 PM
I saw what everyone else was seeing this year. He played very well. Definitely liked his hustle today.

jdaltroy5
11-17-2013, 06:20 PM
I really think that shot he gave Geno in the first quarter set the tone for the game.

Geno did not want to deal with that again.

GvilleBills
11-17-2013, 06:59 PM
Marcel has been a bowling ball of butcher knives this year, just as advertised. He epitomizes the 3yr rule for DT.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-17-2013, 08:28 PM
I was going to start a new thread until I saw this one. To me, Marcell's hit the biggest play of the game, even though it's not a sack, INT, or any play go on highlight show. To me that's the kind of biggest play a DT can make. Would be interesting to see what happens if he makes the same of kind of hit on Brady.

TacklingDummy
11-17-2013, 08:50 PM
He's 30th for DT for tackles for loss, 138th overall. Yeah he's great.

ublinkwescore
11-17-2013, 10:26 PM

Translation ”I like c*ck!!! The bigger, the better!

jimmifli
11-17-2013, 11:58 PM
He still gets shutdown a little bit against the double team. Whenever he's left in single coverage he just destroys the guy in front of him.

If he develops the ability to beat double teams, he moves from a REALLY good DT to elite.

Nice to see.

Mr. Miyagi
11-18-2013, 03:07 AM
That's what I felt too during the game. Once rattled, Geno Smith crumbles quickly and starts pouting on the sidelines. Let's remember this about him in all the future games. Hit him hard and fast and he's done for the day.

pmoon6
11-18-2013, 06:26 AM
Where are the guys that said Marcell is a bust?

Raptor
11-18-2013, 06:39 AM

Thanks for the proof that Stats dont tell you dick

trapezeus
11-18-2013, 08:07 AM
dareus isn't a stat player. his worth is in his disruption at the line and how many people have to stop him to stop him. you need two bodies on him. With Good DE and another NT like KW, teams can't stop it all. and he's apparently good enough for teams to focus on him first. which means the other guys are getting in. How many secondary players got shots in at Geno today? like 4? you don't think that's from tying up the line?

hating on dareus is unreasonable. he's doing what he's asked to do and doing it well.

pmoon6
11-18-2013, 08:28 AM
dareus isn't a stat player. his worth is in his disruption at the line and how many people have to stop him to stop him. you need two bodies on him. With Good DE and another NT like KW, teams can't stop it all. and he's apparently good enough for teams to focus on him first. which means the other guys are getting in. How many secondary players got shots in at Geno today? like 4? you don't think that's from tying up the line?

hating on dareus is unreasonable. he's doing what he's asked to do and doing it well.Since Buffalo doesn't get a lot of pub it's doubtful that Dareus gets to the Pro Bowl even though he is close to that level.

ublinkwescore
11-18-2013, 08:52 AM
Players and coaches also vote on probowl players too... he plays like this the rest of this year, and into the next, he will be in hawaii next year...

- - - Updated - - -

Players and coaches also vote on probowl players too... he plays like this the rest of this year, and into the next, he will be in hawaii next year...

justasportsfan
11-18-2013, 09:12 AM

Individual stats don't matter because under Pettine everyone helps each other make plays. This is a team sport.