X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GvilleBills
    • Mar 2006

EJ's progression

I've been very hard on EJ, and I will continue to be when necessary. I have serious doubts that his accuracy and pocket guts can be corrected to a franchise QB level. My hope, as a Bills fan, is that he will.
    Today was a step in the right direction. His accuracy, while improved, was still questionable. No doubt the wind was a factor on the loftier throws, and he was helped by some nice shin catches.
    Thing is, EJ deserves credit for being more decisive today. His confidence rose, and he became more assertive.
    He made mistakes, but today was a step in the right direction.
    Nice way to head into the bye.
    Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds
  • jdaltroy5
    • Aug 2012

Re: EJ's progression

"They were actually really poorly thrown balls.

The wind was knocking his errant passes right into the hands of his receivers."

-Tackling Dummy

Comment

• black N yellow
      • Dec 2012

I'm not saying EJ is Peyton Manning, or ever will be...but Peyton tossed 28 interceptions in his rookie season.

Comment

• BillsFever21
        • Aug 2004

It's encouraging but it's only one game. It was nice to finally see him have some balls out there today though. He may have had no choice with Johnson and Woods out though. All we had left was Graham and Goodwin who are mainly just speed guys running the go route. They're not going to move the chains, etc. It's either try and hit them deep or get nothing at all.
        Last edited by BillsFever21; 11-17-2013, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• DesertFox24
          • Jul 2005

Tom Brady still makes mistakes in games. Look I agree he should never be complacent and always working to be perfect.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Bills meet some struggling opponents after the bye and I'm interested to see how Manuel plays.

IMO - He's very raw and needs to roll out more to create some clean passing lanes.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Crisis
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
              It's encouraging but it's only one game. It was nice to finally see him have some balls out there today though. He may have had no choice with Johnson and Woods out though. All we had left was Graham and Goodwin who are mainly just speed guys running the go route. They're not going to move the chains, etc. It's either try and hit them deep or get nothing at all.
              I think Goodwin has shown he's capable of playing underneath some as well. His greatest strength is as a burner but he's not purely one dimensional.

TJ Graham is as one dimensional as it gets.
              Originally posted by LOSman WINS
              Vanek is Austrian not European
              Originally posted by Prov401
              Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
              Originally posted by better days
              I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by GvilleBills View Post
                I've been very hard on EJ, and I will continue to be when necessary. I have serious doubts that his accuracy and pocket guts can be corrected to a franchise QB level. My hope, as a Bills fan, is that he will.
                Today was a step in the right direction. His accuracy, while improved, was still questionable. No doubt the wind was a factor on the loftier throws, and he was helped by some nice shin catches.
                Thing is, EJ deserves credit for being more decisive today. His confidence rose, and he became more assertive.
                He made mistakes, but today was a step in the right direction.
                Nice way to head into the bye.
                Nice game for the youngster. I didn't see the game, but looking at the stats, this hurry-up stuff has been toned down.
                Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post

I think Goodwin proved today he can do both.

Comment

• GvilleBills
                    • Mar 2006

Holy triple post Batman.
                    Last edited by GvilleBills; 11-17-2013, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                      • Mar 2013

So was Lee Evans...speaking of one dimensional.
                      Last edited by BillsImpossible; 11-17-2013, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

We definitely have some weak opponents coming up but we only play one more game in Buffalo. This is a totally different team when it comes to playing at home and playing on the road.

Tampa Bay is also playing much better the past couple weeks and they still only have one more loss like we do. Considering the game is in Tampa Bay that far from makes it a gimmie game. No game is with Buffalo but it makes it even less of a sure thing since we play them on the road.

Comment

• GvilleBills
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                          Nice game for the youngster. I didn't see the game, but looking at the stats, this hurry-up stuff has been toned down.
                          It seems to be a better offense when they slow it down a bit. IMO, the OL is built to get physical, just haven't fully dominated. It's fun when they get in a rhythm.

Comment

• GvilleBills
                            • Mar 2006

I actually weigh today a little heavier for EJ. His first chance at revenge, and he came out swinging. Cool points.

Comment

• cookie G
                              • Mar 2003

It was a big game for him, not merely because he came back from a bad showing last week, but because he played well against a team that stymied him the last time out.

The Jets could have easily gotten into his head, but he showed a short memory and didn't let his last outing against them affect him.

That's a huge plus, IMO, considering he'll be facing them twice a year.

Comment

Working...
                              X