PDA

View Full Version : report: sabres expect to make roster moves soon.

JATMtheJATM
11-18-2013, 12:10 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Sabres likely to make callups from Amerks and send players to juniors soon. &quot;I didn’t realize how young they really were,&quot; Ted Nolan said</p>&mdash; John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) <a href="https://twitter.com/BuffNewsVogl/statuses/402497935692161024">November 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

i expect adam and mcnabb to get the call, zad and maybe grigo returned to CHL clubs. cant see them sending risto or girgs down to AHL.

JATMtheJATM
11-18-2013, 12:25 PM
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2013/11/sabres-nolan-you-dont-force-feed-somebody-and-say-were-rebuild.html

sounds like risto and larsson may head back to rochester as well. which is fine with me. call up mcnabb, adam, sulzer, and probably kaleta.

the team still isnt good, but its a little less raw and it gives mcnabb and adam another chance. mcnabb shouldnt have been passed on the chart anyways. has one poor first half and hes buried by teenagers? good work, darcy!

Ginger Vitis
11-18-2013, 03:15 PM
I didn't realize until today McNabb has 12 points in 15 games and is +5 in Rochester.. I hope McNabb isn't one of those players who is really good in the minors and barely average in the NHL.. I never understood why McNabb and Pysyk both got 4 full seasons of juniors and time in the minors and then Darcy has Ristolainen playing in the NHL as a 18 year old

JATMtheJATM
11-18-2013, 03:45 PM
I didn't realize until today McNabb has 12 points in 15 games and is +5 in Rochester.. I hope McNabb isn't one of those players who is really good in the minors and barely average in the NHL.. I never understood why McNabb and Pysyk both got 4 full seasons of juniors and time in the minors and then Darcy has Ristolainen playing in the NHL as a 18 year old

mcnabb had a good first season of AHL/NHL play. last year, he started out slow. real slow. tyler myers slow. when the lockout ended, he stayed in rochester, where he picked up his game considerably, but then got hurt. risto and zad were drafted and moved ahead of him, for some reason. another sabres mismanagement.

i like the idea of playing youngsters, this is a rebuild. but the sabres were trying to force kids who are not ready to play in the NHL. thats going to hurt them, not help. let risto and zad develop in the minors and major juniors. same with grigo and larsson. let adam and mcnabb get another shot. i honestly feel mcnabb could be a player to build with. adam, maybe not, but give him a chance.

mcnabb may not be a top pairing guy, and risto very well could be. but for risto to jump ahead as an 18 year old shows massive amounts of incompetence. in my opinion.

JATMtheJATM
11-18-2013, 08:32 PM
report: grigo back to quebec.

had quebec ended its affiliation with him, he could go to rochester. appears it wont happen.

Crisis
11-18-2013, 08:34 PM
This organization has handled Grigo so poorly. I was saying last year there's no point in keeping him up. We've burned two years of his ELC now on top of stunting his development.

JATMtheJATM
11-18-2013, 08:43 PM
This organization has handled Grigo so poorly. I was saying last year there's no point in keeping him up. We've burned two years of his ELC now on top of stunting his development.

i think ultimately, grigo will be fine, but yes, the sabres really botched this one.

and kaleta is getting the call up, not adam. i dont agree with that either.

OpIv37
11-18-2013, 09:20 PM
i think ultimately, grigo will be fine, but yes, the sabres really botched this one.

and kaleta is getting the call up, not adam. i dont agree with that either.

What? You don't think taking 10 games off and playing a week and a half in the AHL taught him to hit clean and score goals? Hater.

WagonCircler
11-18-2013, 10:37 PM
Hey, no matter who they call up, they're going to lose a lot more than they win. The tank is still in full effect.

I'd love to see Kaleta get the call up and Steve Ott turn back into Steve Ott, and enjoy some vintage Teddy Nolan hockey. At least then the tank can be fun to watch.

JATMtheJATM
11-19-2013, 01:09 AM
so far the kaleta thing hasnt happened. weber will play though. usually, id be happy bout that. this year though...

Skooby
11-19-2013, 02:38 AM
Darcy botched just about everything.

OpIv37
11-19-2013, 07:40 AM
Darcy botched just about everything.

At the risk of beating a dead horse, many of us have been saying that since 2007.

chernobylwraiths
11-19-2013, 09:18 AM
Ristonlainen and Larsson down to Rochester

per WGR text

OpIv37
11-19-2013, 09:28 AM
Apparently LaFontaine and Nolan agree with most of us that Darcy was forcing the issue with these kids....

trapezeus
11-19-2013, 09:59 AM
like it. we have plenty of non-potential superstars who can get us to 6-75-1. no need to kill the future talent.

JATMtheJATM
11-19-2013, 10:29 AM
zad to london. good. let the kids develop. this is great news, everyone. this franchise is righting the ship, fast.

SkateZilla
11-19-2013, 02:49 PM
All anyone that doesnt have a hockey brain is gonna see is the losses continuing the pile up.

JATMtheJATM
11-19-2013, 03:38 PM
yeah, but give older prospects a chance, let the raw kids play where they should be, grigo getting AHL time for two weeks.

alot of positives.

SkateZilla
11-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Adam and McNabb back up.

DetDannyWilliams
11-20-2013, 11:13 AM
LaFontaine also announced that forward Mikhail Grigorenko (http://sabres.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8476888) has been returned to the Sabres. After complying with all guidelines in the Collective Bargaining Agreement as they relate to player conditioning assignments, the Sabres’ assignment for Grigorenko was ruled against by the NHL and the team respects the League’s decision. http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=692435&navid=DL|BUF|home

trapezeus
11-20-2013, 11:21 AM
Where is Kevin Sundher? is he playing well enough to get a shot with the sabres? i know he isn't a big stat guy, but if he is ready to take on the bottom 6 and be reliable, that's where the rebuild happens. you get the bottom six prospects playing in lines 2 and 3....see where their compete is. once the stars are grown in AHL and juniors, the guys who were struggling on line 2, go down to lines 3 and 4, and enter the real game changing talent in lines 1-2.

of course, part of me just wants to see an indian guy get a chance on my favorite team. but i genuinely want to know if he is someone who is going to see a chance with the sabres. they did extend a 3yr entry level contract to him.

Night Train
11-20-2013, 04:55 PM
LaFontaine also announced that forward Mikhail Grigorenko (http://sabres.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8476888) has been returned to the Sabres. After complying with all guidelines in the Collective Bargaining Agreement as they relate to player conditioning assignments, the Sabres’ assignment for Grigorenko was ruled against by the NHL and the team respects the League’s decision. http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=692435&navid=DL|BUF|home

OMG ! Pat Lala has no clue ! Fire him !

:assclown:

coastal
11-20-2013, 06:49 PM
They tried to pull a fast one... Grigs is stuck.

what a way to **** a kid up.

Meathead
11-20-2013, 07:37 PM
can someone explain why the reconditioning request was rejected

coastal
11-20-2013, 08:00 PM
I'm not sure of the rules here... but my guess is the league realized it was bull****.

JATMtheJATM
11-20-2013, 10:24 PM

the CHL/NHL agreement.

he cant be sent to quebec because quebec is at its import limit. quebec can trade his rights, or release his rights. heres where it gets tricky. if they release his rights, he can be picked up by any team in the CHL. if no team collects his rights, he can be declared to play in the AHL.