PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Playoff Scenario

BillsImpossible
11-18-2013, 07:31 PM
Patriots (7-2) Let the slide begin. Wouldn't it be great if Tom Brady's bunch took a giant dump in their panties and lost 7 out of their last 7 games?

at Carolina (tonight) L
Denver L
at Texans L
Cleveland L
at Miami L
at Baltimore L
Buffalo L

7-9

Jets (5-5) Will Geno start next week?

at Baltimore L
Miami W
Oakland L
at Carolina L
Cleveland W
at Miami L

7-9

Fish (5-5) Just think snow on December 15th.

Carolina L
at Jets L
at Steelers L
New England W
at Buffalo L
Jets W

7-9

Bills (4-7)

Atlanta W
at Tampa Bay W
at Jacksonville W
Fish W
at New England W

9-7

---------------------

Playoffs are not a fantasy for the Bills. The main reason why I say that is because the team as a whole seems to be getting better with every game they play. The defense is starting to click, EJ Manuel just had the perfect bounce back game heading in to the bye week, and the Bills have the softest remaining schedule out of any team in the conference, let alone the AFC East.

Chances are slim to none that Brady craps his panties and the Patriots go down in 7 games straight, BUT...chances are good that the Bills win at least 4 of their next 5 games and at 8-8, Buffalo could sneak in to the PLAYOFFS!

ParanoidAndroid
11-18-2013, 07:47 PM
Mkay.

TacklingDummy
11-18-2013, 07:52 PM
It's puff, puff, PASS.

Skooby
11-18-2013, 08:05 PM
This has been a crazy year, so who really knows. I just know that we play a lot of suck teams with our remaining games & if we played them early in the season instead of who we played, our record might be better. We also caught Carolina at just the right time, they're on fire now. I just hope the Bills get healthier on their break & come back ready for a run, timing of this seems pretty good now.

Novacane
11-18-2013, 08:17 PM
Stop it

Generalissimus Gibby
11-18-2013, 08:20 PM
Paging Jim Mora, Paging Jim Mora. Sorry, while I agree yesterday was a nice win, I don't see us making the playoffs but anything less than 8-8 is unacceptable

BillsImpossible
11-18-2013, 08:21 PM
This has been a crazy year, so who really knows. I just know that we play a lot of suck teams with our remaining games & if we played them early in the season instead of who we played, our record might be better. We also caught Carolina at just the right time, they're on fire now. I just hope the Bills get healthier on their break & come back ready for a run, timing of this seems pretty good now.

Think of the Bills bench pressing an average of 375-400 lbs for their first 11 games and then having to bench press 250-350 lbs for five games to finish.

Jimbuktu
11-18-2013, 08:23 PM
BELIEVE IT!

Not the division, but we gon' get that last wild card.

BillsImpossible
11-18-2013, 08:26 PM
Stop it

Why? This is fun. I'll stop when the Bills are mathematically eliminated...until it's impossible.

I like to have hope of something special that might be soon ahead. That's why I'm a fan.

GvilleBills
11-18-2013, 08:29 PM
First things first, beat Atlanta.

TacklingDummy
11-18-2013, 08:33 PM
SUPER BOWL

Ed
11-18-2013, 08:40 PM
I won't give up on the Bills going 9-7, or finishing ahead of the Jets and Fins, but I just don't see the Pats collapsing down the stretch.

Crisis
11-18-2013, 08:43 PM
A Belichick/Brady team is not losing 7 straight, sorry to burst your bubble.

SquishDaFish
11-18-2013, 09:34 PM
Yea Not only do I not think any of that happening but def Pats are not going to lose 7 in a row. Keep smoking that good ****

IAG
11-18-2013, 10:03 PM
The bills are in this folks. Not for the division, but wild card.

Ed
11-18-2013, 10:29 PM
Carolina wins. And so it begins...

imbondz
11-18-2013, 10:32 PM
Great ending to the Pats game! Finally the refs didn't give them the game, which I thought they were going to.

Crisis
11-18-2013, 10:34 PM
Hahahaha that Brady INT was glorious. Also eliminated my friend from playoff contention in FF.

imbondz
11-18-2013, 10:41 PM
Belicheat is such a duchebag. I can't stand how the media is afraid of him, and afraid to ask him questions. He has to be the biggest crybaby in the league. Too bad he's won so much.

Ed
11-18-2013, 10:45 PM
Belicheat is such a duchebag. I can't stand how the media is afraid of him, and afraid to ask him questions. He has to be the biggest crybaby in the league. Too bad he's won so much.
I don't think they're afraid to ask him questions, he's just never actually answered one in his entire career and never will. So what's the point?

Agree on him being a douche though.

BertSquirtgum
11-18-2013, 11:19 PM
Giants won the super bowl when they went 9-7 in 2011. So will the Bills when they win their next 5 games and make the playoffs.

chris66
11-19-2013, 06:48 AM
The only streak the bills have been able to put together are losing streaks.play offs not happening

trapezeus
11-19-2013, 07:30 AM
big bills win on sunday, but they didn't play mistake free football. two of the interceptions were thrown right to byrd.

let's just keep improving and see where it all shakes out. playoff talk isn't worth engaging until week 17 if there is even a chance.

plus the pats have 3 home games. they never lose at home. So there is that.

Jimbuktu
11-19-2013, 08:20 AM
Smells like 2004 to me. Just gotta take it one game at a time against these losers, and correct the mistake of '04 by winning the last one.

better days
11-19-2013, 08:34 AM
I won't give up on the Bills going 9-7, or finishing ahead of the Jets and Fins, but I just don't see the Pats collapsing down the stretch.

Well, Brady could get injured.

imbondz
11-19-2013, 09:28 AM
The perfect playoff scenario always involves us having to win out starting in November, and every other team collapsing.

trapezeus
11-19-2013, 10:13 AM
Well, Brady could get injured.

so that backups in the last game? how did that turn out last time?

and the pats just got screwed twice in one season....the nfl story machine has to make this the story so tom brady can look like a hero for his minions.

prepare for disappointment, root for the best.

Meathead
11-19-2013, 10:17 AM
belicheat has only 'won' since marcia landed in his fat lap

Skooby
11-19-2013, 10:28 AM
The "Perfect" scenario is the Bills go on a run, smother everyone on their way to a SB victory & city parade where we hang effigies of Norwood to be set on fire.

mayotm
11-19-2013, 10:38 AM
I think the Bills will beat Atlanta fairly easily. Even with the game being in Toronto. The Bucs game worries me. They have more talent than a typical 2 - 8 team especially on defense. If the Bills win those two games and get to 6 - 7, things could get interesting.

imbondz
11-19-2013, 11:01 AM
there's no easy game in the NFL. Atanta could eeeasily beat us. Tampa could. every team left could.

Novacane
11-19-2013, 11:09 AM
Why? This is fun. I'll stop when the Bills are mathematically eliminated...until it's impossible.

I like to have hope of something special that might be soon ahead. That's why I'm a fan.

Saying the Pats are going to lose out is borderline insane.

OpIv37
11-19-2013, 11:29 AM
I'm so sick of this epic level bull****.

Every year I hope the Bills win the SB, but with as bad as things have been lately, my more realistic hope is that the Bills stay in the playoff hunt long enough for every game to matter.

Unfortunately, the most frustrating thing about this decade+ of suck is that the Bills can't even live up to that vastly reduced standard, and anywhere from 4-8 games of every season are essentially meaningless.

Of course, with about 6 weeks left in every season, some moronic homer has to come up with some completely unrealistic- but not technically impossible- playoff scenario to mind-**** themselves into thinking that the games arent meaningless.

The Patriots losing 7 in a row? When was the last time they lost 3 in a row, let alone 7?

Us winning 7 in a row? We haven't even won 2 in a row this season. Also, it means winning 3 straight div games and 4 in a season- when was the last time we even won 3 in a season?

The whole thing is utter nonsense. There are some signs of hope for the future of this team, but this season is shot as far as playoffs are concerned. Deal with it.

trapezeus
11-19-2013, 11:37 AM

Every year I hope the Bills win the SB, but with as bad as things have been lately, my more realistic hope is that the Bills stay in the playoff hunt long enough for every game to matter.

Unfortunately, the most frustrating thing about this decade+ of suck is that the Bills can't even live up to that vastly reduced standard, and anywhere from 4-8 games of every season are essentially meaningless.

Of course, with about 6 weeks left in every season, some moronic homer has to come up with some completely unrealistic- but not technically impossible- playoff scenario to mind-**** themselves into thinking that the games arent meaningless.

The Patriots losing 7 in a row? When was the last time they lost 3 in a row, let alone 7?

Us winning 7 in a row? We haven't even won 2 in a row this season. Also, it means winning 3 straight div games and 4 in a season- when was the last time we even won 3 in a season?

The whole thing is utter nonsense. There are some signs of hope for the future of this team, but this season is shot as far as playoffs are concerned. Deal with it.

you are daring the fates to give us a magical run, op. i like it.

OpIv37
11-19-2013, 11:47 AM
you are daring the fates to give us a magical run, op. i like it.

Like 2004?

The only magic we get is the type that lifts us just high enough so the inevitable fall is that much worse.

trapezeus
11-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Like 2004?

The only magic we get is the type that lifts us just high enough so the inevitable fall is that much worse.

agreed, but the hope is one day it rights itself.

i know if the bills get to playing the pats at the end of the year, brady will be sitting, mallet will have the game of the century, we'll trade 1st round picks to get mallet, mallet either gets injured or just sucks like we all just assumed he would.

bills miss playoffs.

Ed
11-19-2013, 12:16 PM

I agree that the Pats losing the AFC East is utter nonsense, but the Bills being in play for the #6 seed is still very much possible.

I think this "Perfect Playoff Scenario" was more just for fun. No one is actually buying into it.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-19-2013, 01:00 PM
This week went as well as it could have gone, but basically any loss eliminates so we are in the playoffs right now basically.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NFL/AFC/AFCEast/Buffalo.html

Next week we want: Tennessee over Oakland, Carolina over Miami, Pitt over Cleveland, KC over San Diego, Baltimore over New York, and Denver over New England

OpIv37
11-19-2013, 02:58 PM
I agree that the Pats losing the AFC East is utter nonsense, but the Bills being in play for the #6 seed is still very much possible.

I think this "Perfect Playoff Scenario" was more just for fun. No one is actually buying into it.
I think we already have too many AFC losses to be in play for the 6 seed. Even if we win out (which we won't), all the AFC losses means we lose tiebreakers to most teams, should they finish with the same record.

It would take an absurd combination of events for us to get it, and we know luck is the enemy of Buffalo sports.

Skooby
11-19-2013, 03:08 PM
I think we already have too many AFC losses to be in play for the 6 seed. Even if we win out (which we won't), all the AFC losses means we lose tiebreakers to most teams, should they finish with the same record.

It would take an absurd combination of events for us to get it, and we know luck is the enemy of Buffalo sports.

Most of those teams play each other, some several times still so somebody is going to get one in the loss column. There's actually about a 73% chance if we win out that we make the playoffs, mathematically. The Bills & winning 6 in a row, well that's another story.

Ed
11-19-2013, 03:12 PM

Well I don't see any other teams getting to 9 wins based on their schedules. This is a pretty unspectacular group of teams competing for that last spot right now.

If the Bills did win out they would hold a tie-breaker over Miami and most likely the Jets, assuming the Jets lose one of their two games against Miami. They also hold the tie-breaker over Baltimore. I think it will be a struggle to get to even 8 wins for everyone else.

Plus the Jets and SD already have 5 AFC losses and both could easily have 6 after this weekend. A couple more teams will have 5 AFC losses after this weekend too.

BillsFever21
11-19-2013, 03:22 PM
We knew all it would take was one win before we saw this thread again. Three weeks ago he had us finishing the season 11-5.

Ed
11-19-2013, 03:27 PM
We knew all it would take was one win before we saw this thread again. Three weeks ago he had us finishing the season 11-5.
Gotta dream while we still can. We'll have more than enough time to discuss free agency, the draft, and everything else.

OpIv37
11-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Gotta dream while we still can. We'll have more than enough time to discuss free agency, the draft, and everything else.

Thing is, the season is still going.

We can discuss who looks good, who looks bad, what positions need to be upgraded, which rookies are surprising, which ones are disappointing, how the new coaches are doing.... there's plenty to discuss without this mental masturbation about playoffs.

Jimbuktu
11-20-2013, 09:46 AM
Yeah, I'd be stunned if we won out and missed the playoffs. All those other teams in play have several games with other teams from the list of contenders for the sixth seed, so there are guaranteed losses in there. Miami we control because we play them. Baltimore we have the head-to-head. Browns WILL not go 5-1. San Diego's schedule is impossible. Oakland? come on.

Keep an eye on the Jets and Pittsburgh. Those are the teams that could spoil our win-out fantasy.

Ed
11-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Thing is, the season is still going.

We can discuss who looks good, who looks bad, what positions need to be upgraded, which rookies are surprising, which ones are disappointing, how the new coaches are doing.... there's plenty to discuss without this mental masturbation about playoffs.
Right. I'm not trying to limit what anyone wants to discuss, but we might as well have our playoff fantasies and scenarios while we still can, whether they're ridiculous or not.

Masturbation is fun.