PDA

View Full Version : TO Has Got To Go Because There's No Place Like Home In Buffalo

BillsImpossible
11-18-2013, 08:11 PM
Professional football games in Toronto can't even compare to games at Ralph Wilson Stadium. The game experience is not even close. Bills players in the past have said that the atmosphere at the Rogers Centre pretty much sucks compared to playing at home. There's no place like a home game in the NFL and the statistics prove it.

The Bills have showed a lot of promise this season, and their next challenge against the Atlanta Falcons is the most important game of the season. The Bills defense will have no crowd to feed off of, no noise to disrupt the offense, no adrenaline rush created by the roar of a NFL crowd at its best in Buffalo.

How about the Bills trade their 1 regular season game in Toronto, Ralph clicks his ruby slippers and exchanges it for 2 preseason games instead?

Home games in the NFL are priceless. Mike Lyons, Analytics chief of the Buffalo Bills would agree.

If your team plays at home, they have a better chance of winning.

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/visuals/post/_/id/8392/infographic-home-field-advantage-in-nfl

Mace
11-18-2013, 09:50 PM
I'd sure prefer them to play all their home games here.

Things as they are, being what they are though, the team would be well advised to convince Toronto to love them, in which case they will and it really will be a home road game. If you flipped the situation around and Toronto was sending us Ryan Fitzpatrick spearheading a charge bolstered by a Dave Wannstedt defense, or Trent Edwards leading the Jauron mess into town, I might be more enthused about the other team as well.

If they can't play all their home games here, because some people enthusiastically say "hold back your money to teach them a lesson !" (the lesson you teach them is farming games out to harm the team you pretend to love by making them play a road home game), Toronto could be an awesome home road game if we just give them something to love.

It should rightfully be a Bills carnival once a year and the players would love being a part of it there on a wave of enthusiasm.

No one wants to pay to see the junk we've sent them since the series started, not even us, or we wouldn't be sending them a game a year for revenue at mutual expense.

IAG
11-18-2013, 10:02 PM
The Toronto Series is brutal.

RedEyE
11-19-2013, 06:41 AM
It is and I usually don't like to support it but I'm actually going to this game this year. Sucks as the Falcons are very comfortable in a dome. December 1st at Ralph Wilson for these birds would have been a differnt story for sure.

I know Atlanta has been struggling but the 11 win team that they were last year is still present and its games like this the Bills seem to elevate struggling opponents.

Historian
11-19-2013, 07:12 AM
Move these games to the Carrier Dome...

jamze132
11-19-2013, 07:26 AM
Well if OBD put a better product on the field over the past decade+, we wouldn't be playing games outside of Buffalo.

trapezeus
11-19-2013, 07:32 AM
but the falcons are worse than the toronto deal. i think the bills will be fine if they play confidently and continue to harass the QB.

Meathead
11-19-2013, 09:56 AM
buffalo cant compete with most other nfl cities in terms of getting corporations to buy luxury suites at ridonkulis prices. thus they absolutely must have another big revenue stream to reduce the pressure to move the team when ralph goes to the big fieldhouse in the sky

thus i am reluctantly behind the toronto games 100%. in fact, if given the choice of having no team at all id be ok with half the seasons games being in toronto if it came to that. and id rather have them move completely to toronto if it was that or they went to california or something, at least i could pretend they are still a 'local' team

and like others have said, if the bills hadnt sucked festering monkey ass this whole time then that place WOULD be a home game by now. they dramatically overpriced the tix to begin with thus pushing out the blueish collar types that mostly support this team in both cities, so theyve lost whatever loyalty they could have built up early. then having the team suck made it a very unattractive option even when ticket prices came down to just outrageous

theyve gotta keep that series going now that its started. just put a good product on the field and im sure youll see a lot more canadians and buffalonians going there to make it a more bills friendly environ

Jimbuktu
11-19-2013, 10:12 AM
Open the SkyDome for the game!

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-19-2013, 12:42 PM
When I first saw this thread title I thought you were talking about Terrell Owens. Lol. Oops