• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Stevie is a little needy

Stevie is always looking for the ball & is calling for it every play, which is my opinion limits EJ. One stat that had stuck out to me during our last game is how diverse EJ's targets became, 7 different WR targeted & completed at one point. I'll assure you that with Stevie on the field, there is no way EJ had any decent yardage completed to anyone but Stevie. TJ / Easley were in the top 10 of fantasy numbers for most of the day on Sunday as well.
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: Stevie is a little needy

It's amazing how fast people turn on players here. We can't hate on Byrd after this week so let's go after Stevie.

Unreal.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Crisis View Post
      It's amazing how fast people turn on players here. We can't hate on Byrd after this week so let's go after Stevie.

Unreal.
      EJ had more yardage to multiple receivers in this game than any other he had that I recall, Stevie is needy in multiple ways including attention.

Comment

• Crisis
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
        EJ had more yardage to multiple receivers in this game than any other he had that I recall, Stevie is needy in multiple ways including attention.
        What the hell does that even mean? Were you complaining when he threw for almost 300 vs Carolina and Stevie had over 100 of those?

Calvin Johnson takes up most of Stafford's yardage, clearly Megatron is too needy.

Stevie is an attention whore but you're complaining about him getting too much yardage?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

What the hell does that even mean? Were you complaining when he threw for almost 300 vs Carolina and Stevie had over 100 of those?

Calvin Johnson takes up most of Stafford's yardage, clearly Megatron is too needy.

Stevie is an attention whore but you're complaining about him getting too much yardage?
          Megaton may be the best all-around WR ever, so comparing them or even putting them in the same sentence shows how far off base you're looking at this. Stevie wouldn't be a #1 on any other team than Buffalo. Stevie is a gimmick guy for medium routes at the longest, he won't be a deep threat. Out of the slot, he'd be fine but not as a featured WR. Woods & Summer also had longer Avg yards per catch that game, just to be clear here:

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
          Last edited by Skooby; 11-19-2013, 01:51 AM.

Comment

• Crisis
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
            Megaton may be the best all-around WR ever, so comparing them or even putting them in the same sentence shows how far off base you're looking at this. Stevie wouldn't be a #1 on any other team than Buffalo. Stevie is a gimmick guy for medium routes at the longest, he won't be a deep threat. Out of the slot, he'd be fine but not as a featured WR. Woods & Summer also had longer Avg yards per catch that game, just to be clear here:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201309...panthers@bills
            I'm not comparing him and Megatron, just showing how stupid your logic is and how far you're reaching for criticism.

Stevie is a huge attention whore with untimely drops, but not having him on the field doesn't make EJ better. EJ had a successful game without Stevie, it doesn't mean having Stevie on the field hurts him. I've never once seen Stevie complain to the media about not being targetted (maybe he has, I've never seen it) the same way that Mike Wallace does, for example.

What the hell is even your point with the Carolina game? Stevie is a slot possession WR who keeps the chains moving. Obviously his usage is different than a guy who caught a 30 yard screen pass and Woods.
            Last edited by Crisis; 11-19-2013, 02:00 AM.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

I'm not comparing him and Megatron, just showing how stupid your logic is and how far you're reaching for criticism.

Stevie is a huge attention whore with untimely drops, but not having him on the field doesn't make EJ better. EJ had a successful game without Stevie, it doesn't mean having Stevie on the field hurts him. I've never once seen Stevie complain to the media about not being targetted (maybe he has, I've never seen it) the same way that Mike Wallace does, for example.

What the hell is even your point with the Carolina game? Stevie is a slot possession WR who keeps the chains moving. Obviously his usage is different than a guy who caught a 30 yard screen pass and Woods.
              Stevie needs to be the 2nd or 3rd guy targeted, not #1. We're paying him #1 money & playing him as our featured WR, which is not tenable. He will probably be traded away this off-season, mark my words here that he will not be here next year.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

Unreal.
                Yes...parallel universes on a weekly basis here. Lewis Caroll's Through the Looking Glass should be required reading.
                Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                  Yes...parallel universes on a weekly basis here. Lewis Caroll's Through the Looking Glass should be required reading.
                  Just to be clear here, Stevie being featured as a #1 WR in the NFL is a complete joke to every paying fan of the team. He's unreliable & selfish in his short passing route play, which is the opposite of what makes you a #1. I'm not turning on him, I've never been that impressed with him or his antics. Real #1 WR let their play on the field speak for them, at any position for that matter.

Comment

• Crisis
                    • Aug 2004

Is Stevie elite? No.

Is he a servicable #1 WR? Yes.

He can be unreliable in the sense that he has some drop problems, but he's also extremely consistent and while having an off year right now with the qb carousel and injuries, he's a lock for 75/1000 otherwise. I don't even know what being "selfish in his short passing route play" means. I guess being open makes you selfish?

I'd say Marquise Goodwin being the #1 WR of a team is a slap in the face to paying fans, but people seem to be in love with that idea because he had one good day vs a secondary that just signed a guy who was released for playing awful and is starting him a few days later.
                    Last edited by Crisis; 11-19-2013, 02:33 AM.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Is Stevie elite? No.

Is he a servicable #1 WR? Yes.

He can be unreliable in the sense that he has some drop problems, but he's also extremely consistent and while having an off year right now with the qb carousel and injuries, he's a lock for 75/1000 otherwise. I don't even know what being "selfish in his short passing route play" means. I guess being open makes you selfish?

I'd say Marquise Goodwin being the #1 WR of a team is a slap in the face to paying fans, but people seem to be in love with that idea because he had one good day vs a secondary that just signed a guy who was released for playing awful and is starting him a few days later.
                      Serviceable? Do you want to win or keep missing the playoffs every year? Goodwin getting open is a result of his amazing speed, this is his first year remember so I'd give it a rest.
                      Last edited by Skooby; 11-19-2013, 02:41 AM.

Comment

• Crisis
                        • Aug 2004

Yes, Stevie Johnson is the reason we're not a perennial playoff team. Definitely not having any kind of consistent QB play since Bledsoe.

He's completely serviceable. Ideally hes not the #1 but you're suggesting to get rid of him when we literally have nothing to replace him with.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Yes, Stevie Johnson is the reason we're not a perennial playoff team. Definitely not having any kind of consistent QB play since Bledsoe.

He's completely serviceable. Ideally hes not the #1 but you're suggesting to get rid of him when we literally have nothing to replace him with.
                          No I'm telling you we will not keep him in Buffalo at his current pay level. I haven't even mentioned his inability to stay healthy & please don't go into the he never misses a game scenario, playing hurt doesn't necessarily mean you're helping the team. We need to draft a true #1, I'd be willing to bet that's our first pick this year. That'll spell the end of the Stevie experiment, an overpaid leftover from the previous regime.
                          Last edited by Skooby; 11-19-2013, 02:56 AM.

Comment

• Crisis
                            • Aug 2004

According to http://overthecap.com/top-player-sal...hp?Position=WR, he's 30th in guaranteed money per year and 22nd in average per year, 15th in salary cap hit. That's pretty good value considering this contract was his first pay day.

Overpaid? No.
                            Last edited by Crisis; 11-19-2013, 03:50 AM.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                              • Jun 2005

Im really starting to believe you are ******ed

Comment

Working...
                              X