X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Wow, MNF, Kuechly hugging Gronkowski on the last play

Didn't he got flagged in similar situation at buffalo? From my seat, that play can go either way. But if the Brady pass is anywhere near Gronkowski or Gronkowski showing attempt to come back for the ball, there should be no doubt of a penalty. The Panthers got away with one.

kuechly.jpg
    Last edited by ghz in pittsburgh; 11-19-2013, 06:32 AM.
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Re: Wow, MNF, Kuechly hugging Gronkowski on the last play

I had the same thought concerning the Bills game. That flag is the difference between a win and a loss.

But the Patriots have certainly had their fair share of calls to go their way. Belicheat and Kraft must be waiting to open the checkbook until just before the playoffs.

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

about fifteen more of those and theyll be even
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• pmoon6
        Legendary Zoner
        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
        Didn't he got flagged in similar situation at buffalo? From my seat, that play can go either way. But if the Brady pass is anywhere near Gronkowski or Gronkowski showing attempt to come back for the ball, there should be no doubt of a penalty. The Panthers got away with one.
        That was a joke. The backer grabbed Gronkowski and took him out of the play. The back judge threw a flag and the referee decided to pick it up. Must have been in contact with the league via earpiece so now their Network can pimp Cam Newton. Brady has been over done. Maybe some defender can put Peyton Manning out so they can have a televised bedside vigil on his moment to moment status. Ratings!!!!!!

Not that I mind really, other than I want games to be called fairly. The Patriots have been beneficiaries of so many calls starting with the "Tuck Rule" that turnabout is fair play.
        Last edited by pmoon6; 11-19-2013, 06:38 AM.

Comment

• IAG
          • Jan 2005

I am surprised they just did not "give it to him". See 1998 and Shawn Jefferson.

Comment

• pmoon6
            Legendary Zoner
            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by IAG View Post
            I am surprised they just did not "give it to him". See 1998 and Shawn Jefferson.
            One reason to have Ron Winter executed. Along with every other Bills' game he's done.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Last time Kuechly was called for pass interference it negated an interception and caused the Bills to win.

The one last night should have been called too.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                • Aug 2004

The subtle difference that I can recall was Stevie was on his way to where the ball was thrown to while being grabbed by Kuechly and here, on video's slow mo, you can clearly see Gronk's momentum was taking him towards the back of end zone and Brady's ball was under thrown (Gronk would have to catch the ball very close to turf), giving the ref an excuse of the ball was going to be intercepted regardless what Kuechly was doing.

Comment

• GvilleBills
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by IAG View Post
                  My first thought too. I slept better knowing the Patsies got **** on for once.
                  Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• EricStratton
                    • Jul 2002

The ball was deemed uncatchable and because it was thrown short and Gronk didn't do a good enough job trying to come back for it it stuck.

Comment

• pmoon6
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by EricStratton View Post
                      The ball was deemed uncatchable and because it was thrown short and Gronk didn't do a good enough job trying to come back for it it stuck.
                      You can still make a case for defensive holding even if it was uncatchable which gives the Patriots the ball and a new set of downs.

Comment

• sukie
                        Seriously?
                        • Sep 2012

yeah... holding at least. I am outraged and vow to not watch another second of NFL football.

(Can a DVR fast forward through the Superbowl and ONLY show commercials?)

Comment

• pmoon6
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                          yeah... holding at least. I am outraged and vow to not watch another second of NFL football.

(Can a DVR fast forward through the Superbowl and ONLY show commercials?)
                          Too funny.

Comment

• pmoon6
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                            You can still make a case for defensive holding even if it was uncatchable which gives the Patriots the ball and a new set of downs.
                            Sorry, the Patriots would have only got one more play since the game was over.

I just read the official explanation that would have made Richard Nixon proud.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Should of been Defensive Holding for sure. Pats have to take this lump.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X