PDA

View Full Version : Open Up The Roof At The Rogers Center For The Falcons

BillsImpossible
11-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Special thanks to Jimbuktu.

Birds like to fly south this time of year.

Why not open up the dome in Toronto?

Do the Bills have any say in the matter?

They should. If it's their own "home field," they should be allowed to open up the Sky Dome against the Falcons.

If it were up to Doug Marrone, I think he would choose to have the roof retracted in TO in a heartbeat.

Imagine the Falcons taking their pre game snaps on the comfort of a warm 72 degree field, and then about 30 minutes before kickoff the roof starts to open.

GvilleBills
11-19-2013, 08:56 PM
This is hilarious. I would love it!

OpIv37
11-19-2013, 08:59 PM
hahahahahaha yeah like a bunch of Toronto yuppies are going to pay 2-4x the average ticket price in Buffalo to be outdoors in November.

This game is about lining Ralph's wallet, and putting the team at a disadvantage has no relevance whatsoever.

Homegrown
11-19-2013, 09:08 PM
fyi, it's Rogers Centre, not Rogers Center

BillsImpossible
11-19-2013, 09:20 PM
Sunday, December 1st...not November.

If the Bills choose to open the dome (do they have a choice I wonder) that would be an advantage.

BillsImpossible
11-19-2013, 09:21 PM

Fault the spell check and Canada.

BertSquirtgum
11-19-2013, 09:32 PM
Not going to happen. Stop making stupid threads. Thanks in advance.

BillsImpossible
11-19-2013, 09:59 PM
Not going to happen. Stop making stupid threads. Thanks in advance.

Stop being such a negative wanker. Everything you say wreaks of negativity. You're like the freaking Grim Reaper around here. Go away. Nobody likes you.
You're a smelly old ****, and Buffalo is sick and tired of your same old tune. Your bush is old. Close your legs and die.

BertSquirtgum
11-19-2013, 10:01 PM
Stop being such a negative wanker. Everything you say wreaks of negativity. You're like the freaking Grim Reaper around here. Go away. Nobody likes you.
You're a smelly old ****, and Buffalo is sick and tired of your same old tune. Your bush is old. Close your legs and die.

Awful, just awful. Stop making stupid threads.

BillsImpossible
11-19-2013, 10:05 PM
You're like a bird, you like to crap on everything.

pmoon6
11-20-2013, 05:10 AM
You're like a bird, you like to crap on everything.Leave him alone. He lives in Ransomtucky. Crap is a major food group.

SpikedLemonade
11-20-2013, 07:00 AM
This game is about lining Ralph's wallet, and putting the team at a disadvantage has no relevance whatsoever.

Dumbass doesn't seem to understand that Ralph pocketed $78M on the first deal and a lessor amount on this second deal.

Only someone with the mentality of a 10 year old child would suggest the Toronto side of the deal would be willing to trade two pre-season games for one regular season game.

I wish this deal was never done, but if you are looking to blame anyone it is Ralph.

Forward_Lateral
11-20-2013, 07:41 AM
WE've been through this every year. The roof is permanently closed in the winter. Even if they wanted to, they couldn't open it.

trapezeus
11-20-2013, 07:41 AM
i think teams have to give advanced notice on their intent with a retractable dome. you couldn't have a team practice indoors and then open it at game time. you can do the reverse due to bad weather, but can't spring bad weather on a team.

too lazy to look up the exact rule.

OpIv37
11-20-2013, 07:48 AM
With our luck, if they did open it, it would be a freak 60 degree day with a lot of sun and very little wind, and end up making no difference whatsoever.

But, we have to stop this mentality that Toronto or anything about the Toronto game relates to home field advantage or helping the team win. Sure, the Bills have lots of fans in Toronto and southern Ontario and some of them do come out, but it's really about cashing in and nothing more. If the team's brass really cared about home field advantage, we wouldn't be having this conversation because there would be no Toronto game.

pmoon6
11-20-2013, 08:05 AM
With our luck, if they did open it, it would be a freak 60 degree day with a lot of sun and very little wind, and end up making no difference whatsoever.

But, we have to stop this mentality that Toronto or anything about the Toronto game relates to home field advantage or helping the team win. Sure, the Bills have lots of fans in Toronto and southern Ontario and some of them do come out, but it's really about cashing in and nothing more. If the team's brass really cared about home field advantage, we wouldn't be having this conversation because there would be no Toronto game.I was disappointed when they announced we would be giving up a home game to go somewhat international. The supposed reason was to make the Bills' a more regional franchise regardless of the border and the NFL likes it because they think it will expand their fanbase. But, you hit the nail on the head....money trumps all. Even to the extent of giving away a competitive advantage.

Thurmal
11-20-2013, 08:33 AM
One year, probably not this year, Buffalo is going to lose a game up there by 3 or so points...a game they would have obviously won at the Ralph, and they are going to end up missing the playoffs by a game. Mark my words.

This Falcons game is a perfect example of what a disadvantage this is. If we play them in Buffalo, there is probably an 80% chance we win. In Toronto, I'd put our chances at 50% at best. A dome team gets to go on the road and play in a dome at a neutral site. Couldn't ask for a more hospitable situation.

Forward_Lateral
11-20-2013, 08:41 AM
With the speed on the Bills offense, being inside should make them better, not worse.

pmoon6
11-20-2013, 08:58 AM
With the speed on the Bills offense, being inside should make them better, not worse.I don't know. We lose most of the crowd support and the weather factor. Atlanta must have thought they were getting an early Christmas gift when the schedule came out. Combine that with the fact that a presumed playoff team has only two wins and you have a recipe for a loss. I'm sure the Falcons' feel their backs are against the wall and they have a big need to salvage some semblance of respectability.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-20-2013, 10:19 AM
I was disappointed when they announced we would be giving up a home game to go somewhat international. The supposed reason was to make the Bills' a more regional franchise regardless of the border and the NFL likes it because they think it will expand their fanbase. But, you hit the nail on the head....money trumps all. Even to the extent of giving away a competitive advantage.

Well, one benefit is that it has kept us out of the rotation for the godawful London game

imbondz
11-20-2013, 10:38 AM
maybe 1 London game would be cool, but only if we won on a last second touchdown playing the Patriots.

- - - Updated - - -

and we became an international favorite team. London and all of Europe became Bills fans. That'd be the only way I'd want a London game.

trapezeus
11-20-2013, 11:15 AM
One year, probably not this year, Buffalo is going to lose a game up there by 3 or so points...a game they would have obviously won at the Ralph, and they are going to end up missing the playoffs by a game. Mark my words.

This Falcons game is a perfect example of what a disadvantage this is. If we play them in Buffalo, there is probably an 80% chance we win. In Toronto, I'd put our chances at 50% at best. A dome team gets to go on the road and play in a dome at a neutral site. Couldn't ask for a more hospitable situation.

in an empty, quiety stadium.

just to finish how ridiculous this is.

Meathead
11-20-2013, 11:26 AM
the toronto game is necessary for this franchise. deal wid it

i would adore leaving the roof open esp for a blizzard but that facility isnt equipped to handle that. i suppose you could truck bflos equip up there but that would be pretty extreme. no way the yuppies go for it i dont think. would be awesome tho

IlluminatusUIUC
11-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Has any stadium ever intentionally opened the roof to allow in weather? Serious question.

OpIv37
11-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Has any stadium ever intentionally opened the roof to allow in weather? Serious question.

I seriously doubt it, considering that the whole reason the stadium has a roof in the first place was to keep the weather out.

People forget that most of us who post here are the diehard fans. We love games in messy weather and don't care if we have to freeze our asses off watching them. But the NFL doesn't care about us because they already have us. We're reliable consumers of their product. They need to appeal to the average and casual fans- keep them interested. That's how they make more money. This is especially true for the Toronto game, where it's more of a novelty and there aren't as many diehard fans because it's not the home city. They need to attract the people who like football but don't like it enough to sit outside for 3+ hours in December.

Thurmal
11-20-2013, 01:03 PM

Indy did it this year against Denver.

The King
11-20-2013, 02:31 PM
Here's your answer. No, the roof is "winterized" after the baseball season. #Bills (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Bills&src=hash) RT @MBBedard (https://twitter.com/MBBedard): @ChrisBrownBills (https://twitter.com/ChrisBrownBills) Do the Bills have the option of opening the...

Generalissimus Gibby
11-20-2013, 02:46 PM

You mean the Rogres Centre right?

Generalissimus Gibby
11-20-2013, 02:48 PM
the toronto game is necessary for this franchise. deal wid it

i would adore leaving the roof open esp for a blizzard but that facility isnt equipped to handle that. i suppose you could truck bflos equip up there but that would be pretty extreme. no way the yuppies go for it i dont think. would be awesome tho

Yes, but this game is yet one more reason that I would rather the "home" game we play at the Rogres Centre be in the first half of the season, season opener or prime time game excluded. In the second half, especially if we are ever good again, I want the weather at the Ralph to be Home Field advantage

IlluminatusUIUC
11-21-2013, 01:10 PM
Indy did it this year against Denver.

Fair enough, but that was just to let in cold. There was no rain or snow in the forecast. And it was only slightly colder than Denver. But hey, whatever works.

Meathead
11-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Yes, but this game is yet one more reason that I would rather the "home" game we play at the Rogres Centre be in the first half of the season, season opener or prime time game excluded. In the second half, especially if we are ever good again, I want the weather at the Ralph to be Home Field advantage

good point. but the rich is a lot easier to fill earlier in the season and they need those extra ticket sales. having an early toronto game would be a lot easier that way once the team is good (assuming that ever happens again)