PDA

View Full Version : All Manuel's throws

ghz in pittsburgh
11-20-2013, 06:59 AM
Mikey Mo has put all Bills QB throws game by game this season. Here are week 11 and 10.

http://vimeo.com/79840030

By far, week 11 EJ has a lot more consistent quality throws in terms of decision and mechanics. Still a few bad ones, including a near pick6 which is really bad.

The biggest thing I saw compared to the previous week is he truely slowed down in passing situations, not rushing throws as much.

I hope his foot work improves but we may never get to see EJ consistently delivering balls in perfect form like a Brady or Rodgers. It just does not come natural when he moves around in the pocket where he can throw on a dime in the prototypical form. But he has an arm that he gets away with throwing off back foot, in half steps, etc. I guess people say he resembles Roethlisberger in that sense, though I have to say Roethlisberger is way better in accuracy department in throws under those circumstances.

Lastly I gotta mention Goodwin. I'm really happy to see he's not a one trick pony as people projected (which Graham looks to be) and he may be better than Lee Evans in every area in a short period of time. I'm convinced he should play outside. Having seen him catching a few long TDs now, I'd say he has what other top small WRs in the NFL have what guys like Graham does not - 2nd/3rd gear in top flight. Graham can get on top speed and go straight. Goodwin can do that too but when the ball is in the air and he locates its path, he has another gear to separate from whoever with him. I'd not put him in the slot where he has to take a lot of shots from safeties. For him, the off season strengthening program should be geared towards injury prevention from hits he would take (i.e., hard landing etc.).

better days
11-20-2013, 07:47 AM
Well, if TJ Graham becomes as GOOD a one trick pony as Lee Evans was, I will take that in a heartbeat.

Marrone has said the game is slowing down for EJ & he was doing a good job going through his progressions.

Marrone said Fred was the #5 target on one play that EJ threw him the ball.

justasportsfan
11-20-2013, 09:15 AM
EJ was Lucky the ball was knocked down at :30 secs or he could have been intercepted . Should've gone to Chandler instead.

Still needs work with his short passes. Receivers are still reaching to make a catch. If he hits them in stride , on the numbers, they could have more yards after catch. Otherwise, very good game from EJ. Looks more decisive and more confident.

Crisis
11-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Well, if TJ Graham becomes as GOOD a one trick pony as Lee Evans was, I will take that in a heartbeat.

Marrone has said the game is slowing down for EJ & he was doing a good job going through his progressions.

Marrone said Fred was the #5 target on one play that EJ threw him the ball.

TJ Graham sucks, Lee Evans was a very good WR before falling off a cliff. What's he even doing these days?

Night Train
11-20-2013, 04:44 PM
TJ Graham sucks, Lee Evans was a very good WR before falling off a cliff. What's he even doing these days?
Playing flag football with Losman.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-20-2013, 05:01 PM

Damn straight, Lee Evans was the best deep route runner ever. He couldn't catch a short pass or a screen, or anything else but he could catch a Losman airball like nobody's business.

Jeff1220
11-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Lee Evans was the best deep route runner ever.

Is that hyperbole, because he isn't even the best deep threat the Bills have ever had.

WagonCircler
11-20-2013, 06:33 PM
The biggest thing I saw compared to the previous week is he truely slowed down in passing situations, not rushing throws as much.

He had noticeably better protection this week, so he could slow things down. The good news is that he did. Some freaked out young QBs get rattled and rush things anyway.

If he can string together a few good games like this, I'd be in favor of bolstering the OL instead of drafting another QB in the early rounds, provided that they can find an experienced veteran backup, in case of injuries.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn straight, Lee Evans was the best deep route runner ever. He couldn't catch a short pass or a screen, or anything else but he could catch a Losman airball like nobody's business.

No. That would be James Lofton.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-20-2013, 06:51 PM
He had noticeably better protection this week, so he could slow things down. The good news is that he did. Some freaked out young QBs get rattled and rush things anyway.

From my seat in the Pitt game, he rushed throws even when his protection held up.

JCBills
11-20-2013, 07:31 PM
From my seat in the Pitt game, he rushed throws even when his protection held up.

He did look like he was hurrying himself, but I chalk that up to rust. The pass pro is usually very good, but he was a little jumpy coming off injury learning to trust his knee in a game situation.

This last game he looked the way he did in previous games, confident in the pocket. He did roll out a bit early on one or two plays, but for the most part he trusted his line and let plays develop.

WagonCircler
11-20-2013, 08:04 PM

He definitely did. He did everything wrong in that game. Had he played that way after a few games back from injury, I'd be very worried.

Plus, Dick LeBeau is a master at rattling young QBs.

At least he improved last week. We'll see what happens from here.

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2013, 10:10 PM
How Hackett convinced EJ to let it fly (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/11/20/how-hackett-convinced-ej-to-let-it-fly/)http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/11/20/how-hackett-convinced-ej-to-let-it-fly/

TacklingDummy
11-21-2013, 06:55 AM
16 good throws, 12 not so good.

MikeInRoch
11-21-2013, 10:56 AM
So which 4 completions weren't good?

justasportsfan
11-21-2013, 02:00 PM
So which 4 completions weren't good?

i think he's counting the TD to Graham as one of them.