PDA

View Full Version : Kiper's Rookie Rankings: Kiko Alonso #1

Ed
11-21-2013, 01:58 PM
It's an ESPN insider article, so I don't know who else is on the list, but Kiko is #1 and they include the blurb below. Mike Rodak of ESPN also wrote a nice piece on Kiko, which I also linked to below the Kiper article. Nice to see Kiko getting love from the national media even though he hasn't had the big INT's like he did early in the season. What a great draft pick so far.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10010480/nfl-buffalo-bills-kiko-alonso-remains-atop-mel-kiper-rookie-rankings

1. Kiko Alonso, ILB, Buffalo
If you graded it only on per-play impact, you'd probably put Alonso lower on this list -- not far, but perhaps behind the next two players. But when you factor in the total impact of a player who is second in the NFL in tackles, has been as good as almost any linebacker in the NFL in coverage and literally never comes off the field, you give the slight edge to Alonso. He is a second-round pick who has played to the level of what you might hope for from a top-10 pick so far. At least I would, which is why he stays at No. 1.

Kiko Alonso Has Arrived
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10008218/buffalo-bills-linebacker-kiko-alonso-makes-impact-rookie-starter

ghz in pittsburgh
11-21-2013, 02:01 PM
Kiko sees Ball, Kiko tackles ball. Com'on people, be the first on the market to put this on hats/t-shirts/stickers/whatever... You make money hand-over-heels next Bills game.

justasportsfan
11-21-2013, 02:10 PM
EXTEND KIKO NOW!

ghz in pittsburgh
11-21-2013, 02:21 PM
There is a bit of insight from Pettine might tip Bills hand in the next draft. We all know they need one more LB and that will be an OLB. But apparently Pettine and the staff see it differently: they see Kiko plays MLB as a necessity in Buffalo which implies it may not be his best position. The suggestion of safety or DE is just silly to fool people. The obvious position is WLB where he has more freedom thus maximize his instinct, and take less punishment. So if the Bills have a chance to draft a bigger quality guy at ILB position, they can move Kiko outside.

The counter point would be if he's doing so good where he is at, why change?

Skooby
11-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Kiko looks great !!

Generalissimus Gibby
11-21-2013, 03:01 PM
Kiko Alonso: Chuck Norris tips his hat to him.

better days
11-21-2013, 03:02 PM
Well Mr Pink, it looks like Kiper has changed his opinion of the Bills draft from the worst draft to having the #1 player in the draft.

JoeMama
11-21-2013, 03:15 PM
KIKO http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/6tp9gi.gif (http://s138.photobucket.com/user/JoeMama025/media/6tp9gi.gif.html)

Jaybird
11-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Who are the other 2 guys he mentiones?

BillsFever21
11-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Kiko Alonso swims with alligators and the alligators stay out of his way...
Thieves on the street run to Kiko Alonso and hand them their money...
The guys in the bar gives Kiko Alonso a high five after they take their wives to the bathroom...
The ball carrier willingly gives Kiko Alonso the ball when he's running towards them...

Kiko Alonso...The most interesting man in the world.

Crisis
11-21-2013, 05:16 PM
Who are the other 2 guys he mentiones?

I'd guess Sheldon Richardson and Star Loutelelelelelelei

The last buffalo fan
11-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Kiko Alonso swims with alligators and the alligators stay out of his way...
Thieves on the street run to Kiko Alonso and hand them their money...
The guys in the bar gives Kiko Alonso a high five after they take their wives to the bathroom...
The ball carrier willingly gives Kiko Alonso the ball when he's running towards them...

Kiko Alonso...The most interesting man in the world.
:spit: :limp:

OpIv37
11-22-2013, 12:18 PM
Well Mr Pink, it looks like Kiper has changed his opinion of the Bills draft from the worst draft to having the #1 player in the draft.

Well we could have the best player but the worst draft if we whiffed on every other pick.

But, why is Kiper incompetent when he says we had the worst draft, yet credible when he says Kiko is the best rookie so far?

better days
11-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Well we could have the best player but the worst draft if we whiffed on every other pick.

But, why is Kiper incompetent when he says we had the worst draft, yet credible when he says Kiko is the best rookie so far?

I had said the Bills were being given credit for having had a good draft.

Mr Pink came back with Kiper said the Bills had the worst draft in the NFL.

I asked when did he say that, on draft day? Mr Pink did not respond to that question.

I told him Todd McShay also gave the Bills a low grade on draft day but NOW is saying the Bills had a GOOD draft.

NOBODY said anything about Kiper or McShay going from incompetent to competent based on what they said.

What I am saying is both of those guys CHANGED their minds about the Bills draft.

And I disagree, even if you wiffed on every other pick, by drafting the best player in the draft you can not have the worst draft because at least one team will have drafted nothing but mediocre players.

BUT the Bills did not wiff on ANYBODY. Even Duke Williams, a 4th rnd pick is playing well on special teams.

1. EJ Manuel: Potential FRANCHISE QB

2. Robert Woods: Starting WR, playing WELL.

2. Kiko Alonso: Starting ILB. Playing GREAT, could be Defensive Rookie of the year.

3. Marquise Goodwin: A WEAPON that can run by anyone in the NFL.

4. Duke Williams: Contributing on special teams.

7. Chris Gragg: an athletic TE that has potential.

This was not a good draft. It was a GREAT draft.

The Jokeman
11-22-2013, 12:52 PM
There is a bit of insight from Pettine might tip Bills hand in the next draft. We all know they need one more LB and that will be an OLB. But apparently Pettine and the staff see it differently: they see Kiko plays MLB as a necessity in Buffalo which implies it may not be his best position. The suggestion of safety or DE is just silly to fool people. The obvious position is WLB where he has more freedom thus maximize his instinct, and take less punishment. So if the Bills have a chance to draft a bigger quality guy at ILB position, they can move Kiko outside.

The counter point would be if he's doing so good where he is at, why change?

In terms of your counter point, it's called maiximizing the talent you have on the field. It's why some of us felt if we could get a quality LT in the first it be smart to take one and kick Cordy Glenn inside at LG. It's why a few years ago when we had to chose between drafting Spiller and someone else I felt the best plan of attack was keeping Lynch and drafting Dez Bryant.

better days
11-22-2013, 01:00 PM
In terms of your counter point, it's called maiximizing the talent you have on the field. It's why some of us felt if we could get a quality LT in the first it be smart to take one and kick Cordy Glenn inside at LG. It's why a few years ago when we had to chose between drafting Spiller and someone else I felt the best plan of attack was keeping Lynch and drafting Dez Bryant.

I don't think any LT drafted this year is as good as Glenn, let alone better.

The Jokeman
11-22-2013, 01:04 PM
I don't think any LT drafted this year is as good as Glenn, let alone better.

Yet would the combination of Eric Fisher at LT and Cordy Glenn at LG be better than Glenn at LT and Brown/Legursky at LG? Again it's about maximizing the overall talent on the field not just one position.

better days
11-22-2013, 01:16 PM
Yet would the combination of Eric Fisher at LT and Cordy Glenn at LG be better than Glenn at LT and Brown/Legursky at LG? Again it's about maximizing the overall talent on the field not just one position.

So, we get a Guard NEXT year. And Eric Fisher was the FIRST pick in the draft, so the Bills had NO CHANCE to draft him.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-22-2013, 01:45 PM
So, we get a Guard NEXT year. And Eric Fisher was the FIRST pick in the draft, so the Bills had NO CHANCE to draft him.

The fact that they picked up Unga tells me there is a strong possibility they are going draft route (early rounds) on G instead of FA. You don't know how a draftee will pan out as a starter immediately. FA is a sure thing.

better days
11-22-2013, 01:54 PM
The fact that they picked up Unga tells me there is a strong possibility they are going draft route (early rounds) on G instead of FA. You don't know how a draftee will pan out as a starter immediately. FA is a sure thing.

Well, Unga has a few games to show the Bills they have no need to address the Guard position at all.

He has the size. Let's hope he plays better than Brown & Young.

Ed
11-22-2013, 02:12 PM
Fisher has been playing RT and he hasn't been very good. I think that's going to end up being a bad pick for the Chiefs.

jamze132
11-25-2013, 09:24 AM
Do we keep Hopkins next year or stick with Carpenter who has been lights out?

I guess another kicking competition in camp is on the docket.

better days
11-25-2013, 09:36 AM
Do we keep Hopkins next year or stick with Carpenter who has been lights out?

I guess another kicking competition in camp is on the docket.

IMO, the Fins made a mistake to get rid of Carpenter this year.

Their new kicker is not as good as Carpenter.

I hope the Bills don't make the same mistake next year.

The Ralph is a tough place for kickers & Carpenter has proven himself.

A kicking competition is fine, but ties close calls should go to Carpenter.