X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Tell me if this is not a definitive sign that Dareus has matured

Some sound advice, a new gameplan and attention to detail have Gerald McCoy realizing the potential we all saw when he entered the draft four years ago

“We just need some consistency,” said Dareus, the third overall pick in 2011. “My coaching staff is being consistent with us and showing us different things and letting us play our techniques. In the previous years, I had two defensive coordinators, two different techniques and I still had to play different positions on the defensive line. It’s kind of just been scattered about. I just like the defense this year. I feel like I could have been doing this earlier, there just wasn’t as much consistency as I was hoping or looking for. We put a good scheme together and played hard, but now we have consistency.
    “We’re trying to change the culture here. Not just winning games, but the culture and identity of the team. That’s our main focus right now. The attitude is what we’re looking for right now. If we keep busting our butts the wins will come, we just have to keep working at it.”

To me Dareus is the most improved player this year, more than Aaron Williams. Either Marrone's culture change message really gets through to older players -- yes on this Bills team, Dareus is one of those longer tenured players -- or he's matured to understand what it takes to be an elite, winning NFL player. I believe the latter: he's 24, 3 years in the league, gone through several coaching staff, and probably looked through what those drafted around him have been doing.
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Tell me if this is not a definitive sign that Dareus has matured

Tough call between Dareus & Aaron Williams as to which has improved the most.

MANY on this board were calling Williams a bust before the season started.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by better days View Post

Thats because up until this season, he WAS a BUST. CAPITALIZED BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOTCH

Comment

• Gibby
        • Jun 2006

Could also be that Marcel was affected last year by I don't know say the tragic loss of a brother early in the season. That being said, he is playing very solidly and if we get some help at LB to go with Chuck Norris I mean Kiko and sign Byrd and can stay healthy we are going to be an unholy terror for opposing offenses next year.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

I knida thought Rogers was the most improved before we cut him. He hasn't given up over 200 in a game after the jets game.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
            I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
            • Sep 2004

The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
              “We’re trying to change the culture here. Not just winning games, but the culture and identity of the team. That’s our main focus right now. The attitude is what we’re looking for right now. If we keep busting our butts the wins will come, we just have to keep working at it.”
              i love me some marcell but this really isnt his words these are coach marrones words coming thru him - which is good of course, just saying its not like we havent heard this coming repeatedly from marrone before marcell came up with it
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Mace
                Haha...yeah you think so ?
                • Mar 2013

You really have to include McKelvin too. Oh I thought he was terrible and unsalvageable and it made me froth at the mouth when they resigned him for beefy bucks. But yanno, he's developing the ball awareness. He always had superb coverage skills without the vaguest clue where the ball was. He'd be on a guy like a cheap suit and the receiver would catch it. But now, he looks like a real cornerback.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

It's a sign.

Comment

• Mace
                    Haha...yeah you think so ?
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                    It's a sign.
                    Ahhh... Baldwin, I mean Murray, but of what ?

I really like a happy Dareus though. When Dareus lets off the grin, I grin and clap also even if I have no idea what he's happy about. It's fun to see a happy Dareus. I never even really know if he's doing good or bad. But if he's grinning it's a good thing.

And yes it's a sign of something, I sure don't know what though, he may have been knocked senseless and thinks he's 5 again being hugged by his teacher who smells nice.

Makes me happy though. I hope he's doing well, I just watch for sideline shots of him grinning. I'd be real happy to see him grinning waving a large trophy.

Maybe he will.

Comment

• Parzival
                      This is a list: They're my demands
                      • Aug 2012

The fact that so many players seemed to have turned it around has a lot to do with coaching. We have talented enough players, it'd about time we had coaches who have the ability to put them in positions to succeed.
                      Over thinking, over analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                        It's a sign.
                        ..................of GOOD Coaching. (finished your thought for you)

Comment

• GvilleBills
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Parzival View Post
                          The fact that so many players seemed to have turned it around has a lot to do with coaching. We have talented enough players, it'd about time we had coaches who have the ability to put them in positions to succeed.
                          Boo-ya!
                          Williams was touted as a cb/s tweener out of Texas, but this staff made the move. Williams has never looked so comfortable.
                          Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• GvilleBills
                            • Mar 2006

Dareus was never the bum people tried to stain him as. Its usually a 3yr maturation process on the DL anyway, but 5.5 sacks inside is solid. This year he's getting his beast on for sure, and I'm damn glad he's a Bill.
                            Regardless of my admitted bias, as Dareus was my favorite pick of all time.
                            Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                              Sab and TD are insignificant
                              • Sep 2002

Dareus and ej were both my favs in their respective drafts. I also wanted Glenn.
                              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

Working...
                              X