PDA

View Full Version : Next 3 teams suck that we play

Skooby
11-23-2013, 07:40 PM
I know that any given Sunday but these teams we're playing just suck, no reason to believe that we can't beat them good all day long. Let's not forget that these should be wins for us at any point during this season. If we played them earlier, odds are that we wouldn't of won already & had a better record already.

Go Bills !!

TigerJ
11-23-2013, 08:54 PM
As much as the Bills have struggled this season, and for the last several, you wouldn't think they'd be vulnerable to a trap gamed, but. . .

Meathead
11-23-2013, 09:45 PM
yeah and those teams are saying the same thing about the bills

Mace
11-23-2013, 11:12 PM
yeah and those teams are saying the same thing about the bills

They always do and did though, even when we really were real good we weren't. Sure hope we get really and decisively good a while yet in my lifetime, because they'll still say we aren't any good, but it make you feel better when you roll the chosen ones 51-3 for a Conference title while not being any good.

pmoon6
11-24-2013, 05:36 AM
I've said before that I never pencil in a win because the opposing team supposedly "sucks", or anytime for that matter, even during the glory years. The difference between the Chiefs, Patriots, Seahawks and the Jags, Bucs, and Falcons is not as great as the media would have you believe.

coastal
11-24-2013, 06:34 AM
The Bucs don't suck.

we lose that game.

pmoon6
11-24-2013, 06:41 AM
The Bucs don't suck.

we lose that game.HaHa. Stick with the home team, Gomer. Or maybe the wife has the electrodes attached to your ******* and you're obliged to say that.

coastal
11-24-2013, 06:45 AM
They should have beat Seattle... in Seattle!

and I hate the Bucs... wife thrown one too many plates at your head?

kishoph
11-24-2013, 06:47 AM
Of the three I think the Jags may be "easiest game", the Falcons held the Saints to 17 points this past Thursday and the Bucs were within a FG of both the Saints and Seahawks and beat the Dolphins. The Bills just aren't good enough yet to say any game will be a cake walk. On game days I like to believe that the Bills are going to stomp the opposition, but it's never that easy, because the games are played on the field and not paper.

I've said before that I never pencil in a win because the opposing team supposedly "sucks", or anytime for that matter, even during the glory years. The difference between the Chiefs, Patriots, Seahawks and the Jags, Bucs, and Falcons is not as great as the media would have you believe.

The competition in the NFL is pretty close, especially in the AFC this year, there are only 5 teams with winning records (including the Chiefs) and only Denver (excluding the Chiefs) has dominated the conference.

pmoon6
11-24-2013, 06:52 AM
They should have beat Seattle... in Seattle!

and I hate the Bucs... wife thrown one too many played at your head?I assume that was plate and yes, I got clocked good last week. I failed to serve her morning coffee in a timely manner. If she was able, I'm sure I would have been tied to a chair and whipped repeatedly.

coastal
11-24-2013, 07:00 AM
Ain't marriage grand?!

Skooby
11-24-2013, 08:03 AM
Ain't marriage grand?!

& Divorce is $30 Grand.

Jry44
11-24-2013, 09:11 AM
Weren't the Steelers supposed to suck too?

Just saying....

TedMock
11-25-2013, 09:09 AM
I think Atlanta and Tampa have more talent than their records indicate. Tampa is getting hot now. Atlanta game is, unfortunately, in Toronto, so the home field advantage isn't there either. Neither game is a "should win" in my opinion. Nor is the Miami game. Jacksonville is a "should win." New England is a "should lose." I don't see a huge favorite in any of the remaining games on either side. The one exception will be if NE starts mowing teams down the next few weeks. Then they'll be heavily favorited. We are finally healthy and we could win all of them if we find a way to ride last weeks confidence. I just wouldn't bet on any of them.

GingerP
11-25-2013, 09:16 AM
I think Atlanta and Tampa have more talent than their records indicate. Tampa is getting hot now. Atlanta game is, unfortunately, in Toronto, so the home field advantage isn't there either. Neither game is a "should win" in my opinion. Nor is the Miami game. Jacksonville is a "should win." New England is a "should lose." I don't see a huge favorite in any of the remaining games on either side. The one exception will be if NE starts mowing teams down the next few weeks. Then they'll be heavily favorited. We are finally healthy and we could win all of them if we find a way to ride last weeks confidence. I just wouldn't bet on any of them.

Atlanta, Miami at home and Jacksonville are all games they should win. They are better than those teams. I agree the Tampa road game could be tough, but NE may be resting guys the last game of the year. They have things lined up if they can put a run together.

better days
11-25-2013, 09:21 AM
Atlanta, Miami at home and Jacksonville are all games they should win. They are better than those teams. I agree the Tampa road game could be tough, but NE may be resting guys the last game of the year. They have things lined up if they can put a run together.

We agree for a change. If the Bills face Mallett instead of Brady, I like the Bills chances in that game.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-25-2013, 02:56 PM
The Bucs don't suck.

we lose that game.
I remember you being a 49ers fan. Oh well, I guess you gotta go with the teams closer to home to be a bandwagoner. I half expect you'll be paling around with Bucko Bruce at the game in your autographed Bucs jersey.

better days
11-25-2013, 04:43 PM
I remember you being a 49ers fan. Oh well, I guess you gotta go with the teams closer to home to be a bandwagoner. I half expect you'll be paling around with Bucko Bruce at the game in your autographed Bucs jersey.

Well, Eddie DeBartollo, owner of the 49ers when they were GOOD is also a Tampa resident now.

I would love to see him buy the Bucs.

Mr. Pink
11-25-2013, 06:08 PM

The difference between those teams is even greater than the media and the NFL would like you to believe as they spout off parity as the reason the NFL is so awesome.

Skooby
11-25-2013, 06:22 PM
The difference between those teams is even greater than the media and the NFL would like you to believe as they spout off parity as the reason the NFL is so awesome.

Bingo.

TigerJ
11-25-2013, 09:24 PM
Buffalo should beat Atlanta, Tampa Bay and Jacksonville, but Atlanta did play the Saints tough last Thursday and both Tampa and Jacksonville won their games this past Sunday.

Skooby
11-25-2013, 09:32 PM
Buffalo should beat Atlanta, Tampa Bay and Jacksonville, but Atlanta did play the Saints tough last Thursday and both Tampa and Jacksonville won their games this past Sunday.

We should be ready, fully healthy.

pmoon6
11-26-2013, 05:47 AM
The difference between those teams is even greater than the media and the NFL would like you to believe as they spout off parity as the reason the NFL is so awesome.I see the world of fantasy is part of the fifth ring of hell.

TacklingDummy
11-26-2013, 06:46 AM
I see the world of fantasy is part of the fifth ring of hell.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dIM_8d188kA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RedEyE
11-26-2013, 07:47 AM
Atlanta has been offically mathmatically eliminated and Coach Mike Smith has gone on record to give some of their youth a chance to prove themselves. More specifically they Falcons will be adjusting the lines.

This makes game planning a bit more difficult for the Bills as blocking schemes on both sides of the ball could be disrupted. But the occasional mistake will also be made and you hope the ball will bounce the Bills way so that they can take advantage these mistakes.

The Falcons are going to want to finish strong not only for the their own positions but there has been questions about the coaching staff in Atlanta as well. Their going to want to assemble themselves for the off season.

Add in the fact that this game is in a dome, in Toronto and this is not a game to look past. Matt Ryan is still averaging 300+ yards a game Roddy White is no longer a scratch. They've also found some resurgence in the running game and while it hasn't been ideal, there has been some decent flashes as well. They've had some long bursts recently.

Can't look past this game.

Skooby
11-26-2013, 08:00 AM
Atlanta has been offically mathmatically eliminated and Coach Mike Smith has gone on record to give some of their youth a chance to prove themselves. More specifically they Falcons will be adjusting the lines.

This makes game planning a bit more difficult for the Bills as blocking schemes on both sides of the ball could be disrupted. But the occasional mistake will also be made and you hope the ball will bounce the Bills way so that they can take advantage these mistakes.

The Falcons are going to want to finish strong not only for the their own positions but there has been questions about the coaching staff in Atlanta as well. Their going to want to assemble themselves for the off season.

Add in the fact that this game is in a dome, in Toronto and this is not a game to look past. Matt Ryan is still averaging 300+ yards a game Roddy White is no longer a scratch. They've also found some resurgence in the running game and while it hasn't been ideal, there has been some decent flashes as well. They've had some long bursts recently.

Can't look past this game.

They're starting their 2-3 stringers & the Bills might have a problem ? Watch what the Bills do to target weakness, 3rd stringers beware.

RedEyE
11-26-2013, 08:08 AM
They're starting their 2-3 stringers & the Bills might have a problem ? Watch what the Bills do to target weakness, 3rd stringers beware.

Go ahead and be overconfident. Doesn't matter to me in the least.

Skooby
11-26-2013, 08:16 AM
Go ahead and be overconfident. Doesn't matter to me in the least.

I'm not over anything, ATL is going to play new guys because their others ones couldn't do their jobs. It's going to be like a preseason experiment & you know what happens when the starters play the 3rd stringers.

RedEyE
11-26-2013, 08:56 AM
I'm not over anything, ATL is going to play new guys because their others ones couldn't do their jobs. It's going to be like a preseason experiment & you know what happens when the starters play the 3rd stringers.

The point is how do you exactly game plan for that? Kind of hard to watch tape on a newly assembled line.

Guys playing for their jobs. It's like cornering a rabid animal on it's last leg and desperate.

Jacksonville over Houston. Tampa over Detroit.

And the Bills have been too hot/cold this year to be confident anyway.

Skooby
11-26-2013, 09:12 AM
The point is how do you exactly game plan for that? Kind of hard to watch tape on a newly assembled line.

Guys playing for their jobs. It's like cornering a rabid animal on it's last leg and desperate.

Jacksonville over Houston. Tampa over Detroit.

And the Bills have been too hot/cold this year to be confident anyway.

I see your point as well. There's going to be some plays that I'm sure those player do great & then completely fail, so it's going to be a work in progress.

JoeMama
11-26-2013, 09:13 AM
I like the upcoming schedule a lot.

For fantasy purposes, it's a good 3 week stretch to pick up the Bills D.

trapezeus
11-26-2013, 01:16 PM
if the bills go 3-0, regardless of what the outcome is for playoffs, i will believe that the culture has actually changed.

however, we are behind in the playoff race and haven't won back to back games. i find it hard to say other teams are worse than us.

TedMock
11-26-2013, 02:49 PM

I don't think we really disagree. I just have a hard time with the "should win" concept. I do think we should be favored in all those games. I just don't see any game as easy enough to guarantee a win. Jacksonville would be the only one I just can't imagine losing. Overall, I agree that we are better than Miami and Atlanta, but I would not be shocked if we lost to them... or Tampa. Still, we are healthy (finally) and we should be up and motivated enough to win.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-26-2013, 02:53 PM

They said that about the Steelers 3rd stringers that one game too, remember? Yeah, how'd that one turn out for us?

TedMock
11-26-2013, 03:03 PM
They said that about the Steelers 3rd stringers that one game too, remember? Yeah, how'd that one turn out for us?

This is what scares me. If the team lets down a little bit we could be caught off guard. Backups are very dangerous in a one or two game scenario. Good gameplanning and a bunch of guys with nothing to lose coupled with the opponent's unfamiliarity of tendencies gives you a chance. That, or our superior talent dominates. Fingers crossed.

Skooby
11-26-2013, 04:27 PM

Yoy mean the playoff team Steelers ? Weren't playing that type of team with depth.

Historian
11-27-2013, 09:47 AM

Unless they're Bills or Sabres....

Mr. Miyagi
11-27-2013, 12:45 PM
Weren't the Steelers supposed to suck too?

Just saying....
And the Ravens were supposed to be defending champs. Just saying.

swiper
11-27-2013, 01:04 PM
We should be ready, fully healthy.

BFD. Since when did we become juggernauts when fully healthy?

BillsFever21
11-27-2013, 01:18 PM
The only "easy" game for Buffalo may be the Jaguars. The Bucs are playing good football and it's in their stadium. The Falcons have a bad record but still have a lot of talent that can win any week. They are far from an easy game if they show up to play.

When you're 4-7 then you shouldn't be counting any team as an "easy" win especially when one of them basically on a neutral field and the other two are in their stadiums. Even the Jags have been competitive and won a couple games the past several weeks. The Bucs only have 1 less win then us but they are horrible and and an easy win? Their fans are saying the same thing right now.

The Bills need to show they can win two games in a row for the first time this season before we even start talking about winning the next few games and going on a 4 game winning streak. We are just as close to being the worse team in the league record wise then we are being a playoff team.

swiper
11-27-2013, 01:21 PM
Again. The Jaguars have won 2 of their last 3 games. And play Cleveland and Houston (a team they already beat this season) before they play the Bills. There is a very real chance they come into the Bills game with the same record as the Bills.

Some people should pay better attention before they post.

That is not a gimme game for the Buffalo Bills.

Skooby
11-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Again. The Jaguars have won 2 of their last 3 games. And play Cleveland and Houston (a team they already beat this season) before they play the Bills. There is a very real chance they come into the Bills game with the same record as the Bills.

Some people should pay better attention before they post.

Namely you.

swiper
11-27-2013, 01:39 PM
Namely you.

And you. I responded to the statement that the poster in the post above mine (#40) lead with:

The only "easy" game for Buffalo may be the Jaguars.

I guess you failed reading comprehension. Then again, having read some of your posts that appears obvious.

Skooby
11-27-2013, 01:43 PM
And you. I responded to the statement that the poster in the post above mine (#40) lead with:

I guess you failed reading comprehension. Then again, having read some of your posts that appears obvious.

My bad, carry on.

K-Gun
11-29-2013, 08:20 AM
I don't think we really disagree. I just have a hard time with the "should win" concept. I do think we should be favored in all those games. I just don't see any game as easy enough to guarantee a win. Jacksonville would be the only one I just can't imagine losing. Overall, I agree that we are better than Miami and Atlanta, but I would not be shocked if we lost to them... or Tampa. Still, we are healthy (finally) and we should be up and motivated enough to win.

The important thing is that the coaching staff and players don't get complacent and overconfident, which I would find really strange. They are 4-7.

I do however think there is a fire burning in the Bills' collective belly. They realize they were a few plays away from being 6-5, or even 7-4.

But now they still have a shot and need to challenge themselves to the man to play their best football. I want to believe this is what we are going to watch happen on Sunday.

I want to see high intensity from the defense getting after the qb. I want to see the Bills run the ball down Atlanta's throat. I want to see EJ throw strikes deep down field early and often. Is this what's going to happen, I don't know. But what the **** else do the Bills have to lose then to play balls to the wall from here on out?

sudzy
12-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Yeah and so do the Bills.

Skooby
12-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Yeah and so do the Bills.

LOL, there's only a whole second half to play. We're not going to lay down, I expect us to stretch the field here now.

Skooby
12-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Or just run this suck ATL down, it's time to make friends with Ryan.