PDA

View Full Version : Bon Jovi looking into buying the Bills?

Forward_Lateral
11-24-2013, 08:20 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24275196/jon-bon-jovi-interested-in-purchasing-the-buffalo-bills

YardRat
11-24-2013, 08:26 AM
Living on a prayer...

ParanoidAndroid
11-24-2013, 08:34 AM
He'll move them. :ill:

YardRat
11-24-2013, 08:40 AM
He'll move them. :ill:

Shot through the heart...

THATHURMANATOR
11-24-2013, 08:47 AM
Will he move them?

How would we know?

better days
11-24-2013, 08:56 AM
There is a one year window it would be easier to move the Bills.

Our best hope is that Ralph outlives that window.

coastal
11-24-2013, 08:58 AM
LA

SpikedLemonade
11-24-2013, 08:59 AM
There is a one year window it would be easier to move the Bills.

Our best hope is that Ralph outlives that window.

You do appreciate he will be older than 100 when that window arrives in the 7th or 8th year of the lease?

better days
11-24-2013, 09:02 AM
You do appreciate he will be older than 100 when that window arrives in the 7th or 8th year of the lease?

You do appreciate that there ware MANY MANY MANY people over 100 years old today?

Just in this area I live in SW Fla, I would bet every ALF & nursing home has at least a few people over 100 in it...................& there are a LOT of ALF's & Nursing homes down here.

Jry44
11-24-2013, 09:09 AM
You do appreciate that there ware MANY MANY MANY people over 100 years old today?

Just in this area I live in SW Fla, I would bet every ALF & nursing home has at least a few people over 100 in it...................& there are a LOT of ALF's & Nursing homes down here.

Fort Myers?

YardRat
11-24-2013, 09:41 AM
LA

Keep the Faith...

YardRat
11-24-2013, 09:43 AM

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead...

DetDannyWilliams
11-24-2013, 09:48 AM
Can't move the team because of the lease agreement

black N yellow
11-24-2013, 09:48 AM
He's a friend of Belicheat.

SpikedLemonade
11-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Can't move the team because of the lease agreement

In year 7 or 8 of the 10 year lease, there is a window where the penalty for breaking the lease is purposely low.

It was put in the lease to hopefully focus attention on building a new stadium for when this lease expires.

The Bills wanted it structured that way.

Skooby
11-24-2013, 10:06 AM
100 YO is the new 50 in Naples FL, it's 79 degrees right now & sunny.

Skooby
11-24-2013, 10:09 AM
Fort Myers?

I used to live in Cypress Preserve up there then moved to Gulf Harbour behind 2 gates, I like it better in Naples.

IAG
11-24-2013, 10:15 AM
I hate Toronto.

IAG
11-24-2013, 10:21 AM
It is hard to get excited for the Bill with stories like this.

SpikedLemonade
11-24-2013, 10:32 AM
I hate Toronto.

Yet Toronto loves Buffalo.

Funny how much closer in relevance those two cities were in the 50's.

One city evolved and grew.

One didn't.

Don't Panic
11-24-2013, 10:45 AM
He moves the team he'll be... wait for it... Wanted Dead or Alive.

imbondz
11-24-2013, 11:06 AM
the New Jersey Bills. it all sounds like bad medicine to me.

better days
11-24-2013, 11:10 AM
Yet Toronto loves Buffalo.

Funny how much closer in relevance those two cities were in the 50's.

One city evolved and grew.

One didn't.

Toronto is a LARGE beautiful City.

But outside of Toronto, everything else in Ontario is about the size of the Village of Depew.

Skooby
11-24-2013, 11:12 AM
If BJ steals the team, Union will be on strike.

better days
11-24-2013, 11:16 AM
Fort Myers?

I live in Englewood Fla, in Sarasota County.

Between Tampa & Ft Myers. And believe me there are MANY ALF's & nursing homes from Tampa to Naples & they just keep building more & more of them.

imbondz
11-24-2013, 11:17 AM
that's why we gotta hold on to what we got

Skooby
11-24-2013, 11:21 AM

Between Tampa & Ft Myers. And believe me there are MANY ALF's & nursing homes from Tampa to Naples & they just keep building more & more of them.

I do M & A / Land acquisitions for variety of things including ALF all over the area, fish in the barrel work.

The Popcorn
11-24-2013, 11:23 AM
100 YO is the new 50 in Naples FL, it's 79 degrees right now & sunny.

How many 100 year old women are you applying suntan oil to?

T-Long
11-24-2013, 11:29 AM
I love it!

Skooby
11-24-2013, 11:31 AM

Those gals are shriveled up already, no need to apply any. Now the 85 YO, that's another story.

OLDSRIP
11-24-2013, 11:33 AM

At that age you have to dip them in lotion.

WagonCircler
11-24-2013, 12:10 PM
No team is going to be permitted to move to LA.

By the time the league decides to expand, franchise fees could be close to $1.5 BIL, which would be divided up equally amongst the owners.

Anyone who thinks the owners are going to let one of their group ******* up that payday is hopelessly naive.

Follow the money.

WagonCircler
11-24-2013, 12:12 PM
Hahahaha at you Toronto licking jagoffs. You mayor is a buffoon who makes Chris Farley look like George Clooney.

Your city is an international joke.

better days
11-24-2013, 12:14 PM
No team is going to be permitted to move to LA.

By the time the league decides to expand, franchise fees could be close to $1.5 BIL, which would be divided up equally amongst the owners.

Anyone who thinks the owners are going to let one of their group ******* up that payday is hopelessly naive.

Follow the money.

And as I have said for a long time now, a new Stadium in LA is nothing but a pipe dream so far.

There are people on this board that expected a new Stadium in LA to be up & running by 2015. That is NEVER going to happen.

Dr. Lecter
11-24-2013, 12:24 PM
If he makes this a Runaway team, I will Never Say Goodbye. The Bills make me as It's My Life

But if he buys the team and they stay, all of you need to Raise Your Hands.

imbondz
11-24-2013, 12:25 PM
I'll be there for you Lecter, these 5 words I swear to you

DetDannyWilliams
11-24-2013, 12:29 PM
In year 7 or 8 of the 10 year lease, there is a window where the penalty for breaking the lease is purposely low.

It was put in the lease to hopefully focus attention on building a new stadium for when this lease expires.

The Bills wanted it structured that way.
right I forgot about that part of it.

Typ0
11-24-2013, 12:58 PM
I don't think BJ is looking to get a team to move it. He wants to be an NFL owner and he's from Jersey. I never really liked his music but this sounds like good news to me.

OpIv37
11-24-2013, 01:08 PM
the New Jersey Bills. it all sounds like bad medicine to me.

If he moves the team, it won't be to Jersey. They already have two teams, plus the Eagles just across the river.

DynaPaul
11-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Isn't he a huge Giants fan?

Crisis
11-24-2013, 01:59 PM
I'm pretty sure he's a huge doucher Pats fan that goes to all their games.

WagonCircler
11-24-2013, 02:14 PM
a huge doucher Pats fan.

An English teacher could use this phrase as an example of a redundancy.

BillsImpossible
11-24-2013, 02:40 PM
We gotta hold on to what we've got, doesn't make a difference if he buys them or not.

BertSquirtgum
11-24-2013, 04:10 PM
I don't care who buys the team as long as they don't move them.

SpikedLemonade
11-24-2013, 04:37 PM
I don't care who buys the team as long as they don't move them.

No new buyer will move them immediately but if taxpayers don't cough up big for a new stadium in 10 years, a move is inevitable.

Night Train
11-24-2013, 04:46 PM
The Bills have been moving to L.A. for the last 26 years.

OpIv37
11-24-2013, 05:30 PM
The Bills have been moving to L.A. for the last 26 years.

Ralph's been alive for the last 26 years (actually, it's closer to 126- do the math).

He's said he won't move the team, and as much as I dislike him, I believe him. If he wanted to move the team, it would have been done ages ago.

But once he dies, all bets are off. The new stadium lease helps in the short term and it's a safe bet the Bills aren't going anywhere for 7-10 years, regardless of what happens to Ralph. After that, anything can happen.

BillsFanInMass
11-24-2013, 06:42 PM
Say no to bon jovi . I couldnt watch the bills in all denim!

Skooby
11-24-2013, 06:51 PM
Say no to bon jovi . I couldnt watch the bills in all denim!

Forever in Blue Jeans.

vanbillsfan
11-24-2013, 07:24 PM
http://www.thestar.com/sports/football/2013/11/24/jon_bon_jovi_mlse_give_toronto_inside_track_on_buffalo_bills_kelly.html

DraftBoy
11-24-2013, 07:42 PM
I'm curious to know if this is part of the group Kelly was supposedly putting together.

TacklingDummy
11-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Forever in Blue Jeans.
Bon Jovi not Neil Diamond.

Skooby
11-25-2013, 02:29 AM
Bon Jovi not Neil Diamond.

Oh my, well if you pardon me I'd like to say we'll do okay.

pmoon6
11-25-2013, 04:21 AM
Bon Jovi not Neil Diamond.HaHaHa, Neil Diamond may have indeed penned the ode of Bills' Fans should the team ever move.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rxuulKT-SGY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TrEd FTW
11-25-2013, 05:05 AM
I'm curious to know if this is part of the group Kelly was supposedly putting together.

Sounds more like a Toronto group. **** this guy.

Jry44
11-25-2013, 06:37 AM

Oh I know. Wasn't questioning the Alf's and nursing homes. I was just asking if you were in the Fort Myers area or not when you said that you lived in SWFLA. I live in Lehigh Acres right now. Looking at building a house in North Bonita Springs after I'm done with school. I actually work in Punta Gorda. Great area! Except for the damn snow birds of course.....

Jry44
11-25-2013, 06:39 AM

That always depends on how large the inheritance might be some day....

Jry44
11-25-2013, 06:40 AM
I used to live in Cypress Preserve up there then moved to Gulf Harbour behind 2 gates, I like it better in Naples.

Nice. I used to do AV at the Waldorf and the Hilton down there for years. Nice area! A little too old for me though.

Forward_Lateral
11-25-2013, 07:00 AM
If he buys them I hope the Bills can still go home.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-25-2013, 07:01 AM
The Toronto story is very plausible. For years it is Rogers who has been pursuing the Bills, but the people linedup in this story are very serious business people with the right background.

The biggest draw to NFL is location, not to the local Buffalo fans, but I'm pretty sure NFL consider Buffalo/Toronto one regional location. Therefore, they can consider it a smooth transaction without any re-alignment stuff. Any outside owners buying the team inevitably will bring up the relocation issue sooner or later.

There might be some Buffalo business man will rise up when the time comes, but Toronto just has too much money to be outbid. I'm sure initially the team will stay in Buffalo. But down the road the movement within the Buffalo/Toronto region will be considered very mild, or even non-movement at all from the league viewpoint.

Turf
11-25-2013, 07:09 AM
**** Bon Jovi

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/livin-on-a-prayer-buying-bills-building-new-toronto-stadium-would-be-a-2-billion-play/article15581107/

trapezeus
11-25-2013, 07:54 AM
the funny think is bonjovi has a working man like appeal...but to move a team would be straight up "max profit f the little people" type move.

also, with the stories about pee wee football being having large drop off's in enrollment, you have to wonder if in the next 5-10 years the valuations of the NFL teams will start staying flat or trending downward. I would think if the trend of lower enrollment continues, the quality of football will look more like 2007 Bills games across the league. at that point, who wants to watch with 30 commercials and fees for the season ticket, etc.

The new ownership group might be walking into a money pit. and if they move the team, i hope it really falls apart fast.

better days
11-25-2013, 08:19 AM
the funny think is bonjovi has a working man like appeal...but to move a team would be straight up "max profit f the little people" type move.

also, with the stories about pee wee football being having large drop off's in enrollment, you have to wonder if in the next 5-10 years the valuations of the NFL teams will start staying flat or trending downward. I would think if the trend of lower enrollment continues, the quality of football will look more like 2007 Bills games across the league. at that point, who wants to watch with 30 commercials and fees for the season ticket, etc.

The new ownership group might be walking into a money pit. and if they move the team, i hope it really falls apart fast.

If the Bills ever move, I will be done with the NFL, just as I was done with the NBA after the Braves moved from Buffalo.

pmoon6
11-25-2013, 08:20 AM

The new ownership group might be walking into a money pit. and if they move the team, i hope it really falls apart fast.Pee Wee football is trending downward? I guess replacing dodgeball with croquet in schools has given rise to the rejection of contact sports.

Parents don't want their little tykes to be hurted.

- - - Updated - - -

If the Bills ever move, I will be done with the NFL, just as I was done with the NBA after the Braves moved from Buffalo.My thoughts exactly.

Soviet_Canuckastani
11-25-2013, 08:22 AM
Toronto is a LARGE beautiful City.

But outside of Toronto, everything else in Ontario is about the size of the Village of Depew.

Ah, actually Hamilton, Kitchener/Waterloo, London, Kingston, Ottawa, Markham, Windsor etc. etc. etc. might have something to say about that. You might want to do a population comparison on largest cities in Ontario vs. NY State.

pmoon6
11-25-2013, 08:26 AM
Ah, actually Hamilton, Kitchener/Waterloo, London, Kingston, Ottawa, Markham, Windsor etc. etc. etc. might have something to say about that. You might want to do a population comparison on largest cities in Ontario vs. NY State.Rot Roh, the ire of the Canadian contingent has been awoken.

Where's Dougie, I miss him.

better days
11-25-2013, 09:46 AM
Ah, actually Hamilton, Kitchener/Waterloo, London, Kingston, Ottawa, Markham, Windsor etc. etc. etc. might have something to say about that. You might want to do a population comparison on largest cities in Ontario vs. NY State.

Yeah, I guess there are a couple small Cities in Ontario as well.

They are to Toronto as Buffalo is to NYC.

jdaltroy5
11-25-2013, 10:04 AM
Toronto doesn't even have a stadium. They can't even use the Rogers Centre because it's switching to grass and I believe they have a contract that states that it will only be used for baseball once they switch.

BMO is the next biggest and it only holds about 20,000 people so it's not even close.

They would have to build a whole new stadium (probably up at Downsview) and they would never build that until a team has been purchased and is dedicated to moving here.

And the NFL probably wouldn't grant the move unless Toronto had a stadium, even if it was temporary.

Has a team ever moved without a stadium before?

ticatfan
11-25-2013, 10:17 AM
It will take 2 bil to get a stadium built, with no government money, it will never happen.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Toronto doesn't even have a stadium. They can't even use the Rogers Centre because it's switching to grass and I believe they have a contract that states that it will only be used for baseball once they switch.

BMO is the next biggest and it only holds about 20,000 people so it's not even close.

They would have to build a whole new stadium (probably up at Downsview) and they would never build that until a team has been purchased and is dedicated to moving here.

And the NFL probably wouldn't grant the move unless Toronto had a stadium, even if it was temporary.

That's why I believe if it happens, they are not going to move the team (also the CFL stuff to settle). But they would have a team and it would be much better to convince ppl and gov etc. to spend money on a stadium then.

better days
11-25-2013, 10:23 AM

Yes, the Oilers/Titans moved & played in Memphis for a year while Nashville built a stadium.

jdaltroy5
11-25-2013, 10:32 AM
Yes, the Oilers/Titans moved & played in Memphis for a year while Nashville built a stadium.But at least they had a stadium nearby that they could use.

There's no temporary stadium in Ontario that the Bills could use. I believe the largest stadium in Ontario is Ivor Wynne in Hamiton and it only holds 29k.

I wonder if they would use the Ralph for a couple of extra years while they build a new stadium in Toronto.

jdaltroy5
11-25-2013, 10:34 AM
It will take 2 bil to get a stadium built, with no government money, it will never happen.
It doesn't have to cost nearly that much and why wouldn't the government pay for it? They paid for the dome.

jdaltroy5
11-25-2013, 10:38 AM
That's why I believe if it happens, they are not going to move the team (also the CFL stuff to settle). But they would have a team and it would be much better to convince ppl and gov etc. to spend money on a stadium then.It's kind of a catch-22 though.

They need the team in order to build a stadium and they need a stadium in order to get a team.

better days
11-25-2013, 10:44 AM
But at least they had a stadium nearby that they could use.

There's no temporary stadium in Ontario that the Bills could use. I believe the largest stadium in Ontario is Ivor Wynne in Hamiton and it only holds 29k.

I wonder if they would use the Ralph for a couple of extra years while they build a new stadium in Toronto.

Well, there is a nearby Stadium in BUFFALO.

But I really don't expect the Bills to move.

Aside from the money involved to do so, there would be a number of other hurtles.

From dealing with the NFL, to the Government of Erie County & NY State & lawsuits from Bills fans as well as the CFL.

better days
11-25-2013, 10:47 AM
It doesn't have to cost nearly that much and why wouldn't the government pay for it? They paid for the dome.

That dome was built long ago when prices were lower.

If Toronto were to build a new NFL Stadium, I would expect it to be a dome as well, although probably with a fixed closed roof.

SpikedLemonade
11-25-2013, 10:48 AM
I just find the timing of this announcement a week before the Toronto Bills game that they are still trying to sell tickets for to be too coincidental.

Personally, I hope the Bills never move to Toronto.

I would like to see the taxpayers of WNY to continue to pay for the Bills stadium including a new one within 10 years.

jdaltroy5
11-25-2013, 10:50 AM
It's probably a bad idea to move a team from a city that loves them and then ask to use their stadium while they build a fancy new one across the border.

Skooby
11-25-2013, 10:54 AM

I wonder if they would use the Ralph for a couple of extra years while they build a new stadium in Toronto. Too much conjecture here.

jdaltroy5
11-25-2013, 10:54 AM
That dome was built long ago when prices were lower.

If Toronto were to build a new NFL Stadium, I would expect it to be a dome as well, although probably with a fixed closed roof.
I know when it was built. The New Cowboy Stadium is state of the art and has ridiculous amenities. It cost about 1.2 billion.

If Toronto spent 2 billion to build a stadium, it would be, by far, the most expensive stadium in the league.

jdaltroy5
11-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Too much conjecture here.
That's not conjecture.

They need somewhere to actually play.

SpikedLemonade
11-25-2013, 10:59 AM
I know when it was built. The New Cowboy Stadium is state of the art and has ridiculous amenities. It cost about 1.2 billion.

If Toronto spent 2 billion to build a stadium, it would be, by far, the most expensive stadium in the league.

Does that include the cost of acquiring the land?

Most of the locations for a new stadium for TO are north of downtown.

I wonder if there is enough land left to build on the waterfront east of downtown.

better days
11-25-2013, 10:59 AM
It's probably a bad idea to move a team from a city that loves them and then ask to use their stadium while they build a fancy new one across the border.

Agreed, but as someone said, they could placate Bills fans by playing a few games in Buffalo every year.

better days
11-25-2013, 11:03 AM

I wonder if there is enough land left to build on the waterfront east of downtown.

And prices have gone up since the Cowboys Stadium was built. And it would cost more to build in Canada than it does to build in Texas, a right to work State.

I have no doubt, if a Stadium were to be built in Toronto, it would be the most expensive Stadium in the NFL, surpassing the cost of Cowboys Stadium.

Skooby
11-25-2013, 11:06 AM
That's not conjecture.

They need somewhere to actually play.

Building new stadiums in Toronto ??

pmoon6
11-25-2013, 11:09 AM
It's probably a bad idea to move a team from a city that loves them and then ask to use their stadium while they build a fancy new one across the border.I agree and heaven forbid a Buffalonian ever gets in the White House. Toronto would be a parking lot.

Mr. Miyagi
11-25-2013, 11:39 AM
This would be almost as bad as the Dolphins partially owned by Gloria Estafan and J-Lo. :ill:

jdaltroy5
11-25-2013, 11:42 AM
And prices have gone up since the Cowboys Stadium was built. And it would cost more to build in Canada than it does to build in Texas, a right to work State.

I have no doubt, if a Stadium were to be built in Toronto, it would be the most expensive Stadium in the NFL, surpassing the cost of Cowboys Stadium.Sure, it costs more to build in Canada, but not twice as much.

And also, I'm sure they COULD build a two billion dollar stadium if they wanted to, but they wouldn't HAVE to build one in order to get a team. They could build an outdoor stadium for under 1 billion if they wanted to.

jdaltroy5
11-25-2013, 11:43 AM

I wonder if there is enough land left to build on the waterfront east of downtown.Of course there is. There's the docks and all those factories that don't even look like they're being used.

The problem is the infrastructure. The Subway doesn't run there and the only road that goes there is the Lakeshore.

jdaltroy5
11-25-2013, 11:49 AM
Building new stadiums in Toronto ??
What are you talking about?

They need to play in a stadium that meets NFL requirements.

At the moment, Ontario doesn't have one where they can play.

That's not conjecture. That's a fact.

Soviet_Canuckastani
11-25-2013, 11:51 AM

Rogers/Bell could fork over the entire cost but you know that'll never happen, if anything they'll try to get government dollars by tying it to funds for an Olympic or FIFA World Cup bid, cue NDP rallies of "Breads not Circuses", Conservative rallies of government spending, rah rah rah, in the end government does give out some cake, but not as much as Rogers/Bell was looking for, but enough for them to build. Kind of how Skydome played out. Although if Cons think it could get them seats by taking on a higher cost of building the stadium, they'll do it, just see the new arena (sans Nordique) that's getting primed in Quebec City.

Skooby
11-25-2013, 12:03 PM
What are you talking about?

They need to play in a stadium that meets NFL requirements.

At the moment, Ontario doesn't have one where they can play.

That's not conjecture. That's a fact. Who's going to pay to build a stadium like that without a NFL team ?

jdaltroy5
11-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Who's going to pay to build a stadium like that without a NFL team ?
Jesus Christ are you slow or just doing this on purpose?

I already said that.

kishoph
11-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Doesn't it seem that every year before the Bills are about to play in Toronto, there's a rumor that the Bills will be moving there. This is Toronto Star propaganda to drum up some ticket sales for Sundays game. First off Bon Jovi doesn't have enough bank to be the principle owner, so saying he wants to buy the team is BS. As far as relocation, for whoever buys it, the relocation fee is a $1 Billon, add the price of the team, another $1 Billion, then the money to upgrade or build a new stadium, up to another $1 Billion and so on. Nobody is gonna pony up $3-4 Billion to buy the Bills and move them out of Buffalo.

gebobs
11-25-2013, 01:03 PM
Haven't seen this in the thread...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qxXQwZToqUM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

better days
11-25-2013, 01:10 PM
Sure, it costs more to build in Canada, but not twice as much.

And also, I'm sure they COULD build a two billion dollar stadium if they wanted to, but they wouldn't HAVE to build one in order to get a team. They could build an outdoor stadium for under 1 billion if they wanted to.

I doubt they would want to build a bare bones Stadium in Toronto. Any NFL Stadium in that City would cost $ 1.75 Billion MINIMUM.

They were discussing this on WGR this morning & the price to buy the Bills & move the Bills to Toronto is North of $3 Billion Dollars according to them.

Blue_Bandxxx
11-25-2013, 01:45 PM
Nobody is gonna pony up $3-4 Billion to buy the Bills and move them out of Buffalo.

$2 - 3 billion for a sports franchise that makes money almost seems like a bargain, compared to paying over $50 billion (Sochi) to hold the winter olympics. I would still rather have the Bills stay in Buffalo.

jdaltroy5
11-25-2013, 02:22 PM
I doubt they would want to build a bare bones Stadium in Toronto. Any NFL Stadium in that City would cost $ 1.75 Billion MINIMUM.

They were discussing this on WGR this morning & the price to buy the Bills & move the Bills to Toronto is North of $3 Billion Dollars according to them.

Where are you guys getting these prices from? It seems like you're just making them up off the top of your head.

The Vikings new stadium has a budget of about 1 billion. Lucas Oil was built for 720 million. Ford Field and Reliant (although built a decade ago) came in at 430mil and 350 mil respectively.

Not to mention, the government already owns Downsview Park (a highly discussed proposed site) and the infrastructure is already in place to handle the capacity.

better days
11-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Where are you guys getting these prices from? It seems like you're just making them up off the top of your head.

The Vikings new stadium has a budget of about 1 billion. Lucas Oil was built for 720 million. Ford Field and Reliant (although built a decade ago) came in at 430mil and 350 mil respectively.

Not to mention, the government already owns Downsview Park (a highly discussed proposed site) and the infrastructure is already in place to handle the capacity.

I am going from what I heard on the Radio & the top of my head.

How much do you think a state of the art Stadium would cost to build in Toronto?

And do you think that City would be happy with a bare bones Stadium?

As I said, Texas is a right to work State & wages are MUCH Lower there than in Toronto.

jdaltroy5
11-25-2013, 02:44 PM
I am going from what I heard on the Radio & the top of my head.

How much do you think a state of the art Stadium would cost to build in Toronto?

And do you think that City would be happy with a bare bones Stadium?

As I said, Texas is a right to work State & wages are MUCH Lower there than in Toronto.And I'm a project manager at an architectural consulting firm. I set construction estimates and budgets all the time. I've worked on projects that large and larger.

I'm not a radio DJ and I'm not making up things off the top of my head.

Again, YOU DO NOT NEED A STATE OF THE ART STADIUM.

They could build a very nice stadium for around 1 billion.

better days
11-25-2013, 02:44 PM
I don't know if people in New York or Canada realize how much more the wages are there than in a right to work State like Fla or Texas.

If you make $30.00/hr up north, you can expect to make about $16.00/hr in Texas.

better days
11-25-2013, 02:45 PM
And I'm a project manager at an architectural consulting firm. I set construction estimates and budgets all the time. I've worked on projects that large and larger.

I'm not a radio DJ and I'm not making up things off the top of my head.

Again, YOU DO NOT NEED A STATE OF THE ART STADIUM.

They could build a very nice stadium for around 1 billion.

Do you need a dome?

How much is labor in the Toronto area now?

jdaltroy5
11-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Do you need a dome?

How much is labor in the Toronto area now?Don't need a dome. I'd prefer not to have one to be honest with you.

And obviously labour costs vary significantly depending on the trade.

better days
11-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Don't need a dome. I'd prefer not to have one to be honest with you.

And obviously labour costs vary significantly depending on the trade.

I would think most people in Toronto would want a dome after having the Rodgers Center.

And skilled labor is not that much different between the trades.

How much for skilled labor?
Electricians
Plumbers
Heavy Equipment operators

How much for unskilled labor?

Ballpark figures, pretty basic. (pun intended)

better days
11-25-2013, 03:05 PM
And I would bet skilled labor in Texas is about the same pay rate as unskilled labour in Canada.

The Cost may not be double in Canada compared to Texas, but I don't know maybe it is double & I would bet it is at least one third higher.

trapezeus
11-25-2013, 03:12 PM
i interrupt this bickering about stadium prices to say that bonjovi isn't interested in the bills according to the latest news.

anyone who is friends with kraft and jerry jones is no friend of mine.

ticatfan
11-25-2013, 04:15 PM

I wonder if they would use the Ralph for a couple of extra years while they build a new stadium in Toronto.Ivor Wynne does not exist anymore. And you will not see one taxpayers cent goes towards any sports stadium. The billionaires can build thier own or forget it.

ticatfan
11-25-2013, 04:19 PM
Don't need a dome. I'd prefer not to have one to be honest with you.

And obviously labour costs vary significantly depending on the trade.But the elite will not sit in the rain, so it will have to be a dome and yes in the end it will cost 2 bil or more.

better days
11-25-2013, 04:28 PM
i interrupt this bickering about stadium prices to say that bonjovi isn't interested in the bills according to the latest news.

anyone who is friends with kraft and jerry jones is no friend of mine.

Well, she said he is not interested in buying the Bills NOW.

News flash......................the Bills are NOT for sale NOW.

And according to Toronto papers, it looks like those rat bastards up there are still looking to steal the Bills from Buffalo.

ticatfan
11-26-2013, 08:05 AM
Maybe he is going to buy the argos, he was in TO before and Tom Hanks was at the grey cup, something up. lol

jdaltroy5
11-26-2013, 08:12 AM
I would think most people in Toronto would want a dome after having the Rodgers Center.

And skilled labor is not that much different between the trades.

How much for skilled labor?
Electricians
Plumbers
Heavy Equipment operators

How much for unskilled labor?

Ballpark figures, pretty basic. (pun intended)I don't think a dome is out of the question, but personally, I would prefer an open air stadium. We would be one of the coldest stadiums in the league. Might as well use that to our advantage.

And labour generally runs between $20-$40/h.

But our construction companies don't really have the huge overhead and profit margins that some American companies have.

jdaltroy5
11-26-2013, 08:14 AM
But the elite will not sit in the rain, so it will have to be a dome and yes in the end it will cost 2 bil or more.Have you actually ever been to Toronto? Do you think the city is just filled with wine sipping cheese eating surrender monkeys?

The "elite" can sit in the warm luxury suites.

The rest of the normal people have no issue with sitting in the cold.

And no, it will not cost more than 2 billion. You guys are pulling numbers out of your ass.

jdaltroy5
11-26-2013, 08:28 AM
Ivor Wynne does not exist anymore. And you will not see one taxpayers cent goes towards any sports stadium. The billionaires can build thier own or forget it.
Obviously I would prefer the owners build the new stadium, but it's not up to us.

The government ponied up a huge amount for the Rogers Centre, BMO, and the ACC. Not to mention all of the various athletic buildings for the Pan-Am games.

There's no way they're not going to chip in for a new football stadium.

better days
11-26-2013, 08:43 AM
Obviously I would prefer the owners build the new stadium, but it's not up to us.

The government ponied up a huge amount for the Rogers Centre, BMO, and the ACC. Not to mention all of the various athletic buildings for the Pan-Am games.

There's no way they're not going to chip in for a new football stadium.

Is the Government going to pay for a new Stadium for the Argos?

The Bills are Staying in Buffalo.

jdaltroy5
11-26-2013, 09:13 AM
Is the Government going to pay for a new Stadium for the Argos?

The Bills are Staying in Buffalo.
The Argos are most likely going to move to BMO field.

And I hope you're right about the Bills. I don't want them in Toronto. It just wouldn't be the same.

I WANT them to stay in Buffalo where they belong and I'm sure a lot of my fellow Ontarioans (Ontarioites? I don't know) feel the same way.

I'm just clarifying that it wouldn't cost over 2 billion to build a stadium.

Skooby
11-26-2013, 09:21 AM
The Argos are most likely going to move to BMO field.

And I hope you're right about the Bills. I don't want them in Toronto. It just wouldn't be the same.

I WANT them to stay in Buffalo where they belong and I'm sure a lot of my fellow Ontarioans (Ontarioites? I don't know) feel the same way.

I'm just clarifying that it wouldn't cost over 2 billion to build a stadium.

Ottawatonians might have something to say as well.

jdaltroy5
11-26-2013, 10:37 AM
Ottawatonians might have something to say as well.
About what?

stuckincincy
11-26-2013, 10:57 AM
About what?

How?

BertSquirtgum
11-26-2013, 12:59 PM
Have you actually ever been to Toronto? Do you think the city is just filled with wine sipping cheese eating surrender monkeys?

The "elite" can sit in the warm luxury suites.

The rest of the normal people have no issue with sitting in the cold.

And no, it will not cost more than 2 billion. You guys are pulling numbers out of your ass.

There's a lot of gays and asians and many gay asians.

JoeMama
11-26-2013, 01:06 PM
If 80s hair band icons are in the running to buy the Bills, http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/bringmethe.jpg (http://s138.photobucket.com/user/JoeMama025/media/bringmethe.jpg.html) Dee Snider, Axl Rose, or Stephen Pearcy.

trapezeus
11-26-2013, 01:13 PM
There's a lot of gays and asians and many gay asians.

it's amazing how little you can add to a thread sometimes.

Bill Cody
11-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Bon Jovi was interested but he read this thread and got scared off

TrEd FTW
11-26-2013, 04:19 PM
Bon Jovi was interested but he read this thread and got scared off

We can only hope. He's part of the Toronto Bills cabal. He doesn't give a damn about the Buffalo Bills. **** him.

Skooby
11-26-2013, 05:51 PM
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

BertSquirtgum
11-26-2013, 06:46 PM
it's amazing how little you can add to a thread sometimes.

It's amazing that this stupid ass thread is still on the front page. The Bills aren't moving for at least 6 years so why is this even being talked about as if BonJovi is going to buy the team and move them. DUUUUUUUUUUUUMB

imbondz
11-26-2013, 07:11 PM
so tough, it's tough

Dr. Lecter
11-26-2013, 07:44 PM
If 80s hair band icons are in the running to buy the Bills, http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/bringmethe.jpg (http://s138.photobucket.com/user/JoeMama025/media/bringmethe.jpg.html) Dee Snider, Axl Rose, or Stephen Pearcy.

Man, I would love to see Bret Michaels owning this team! Then we could have nothing but a good time!

TrEd FTW
11-26-2013, 07:56 PM
Man, I would love to see Bret Michaels owning this team! Then we could have nothing but a good time!

Not so fast. Every rose has its thorn.

Dr. Lecter
11-26-2013, 08:03 PM
I was waiting for you to respond. Look what the cat dragged in

Skooby
11-26-2013, 08:09 PM

13 years in a row they kicked started my heart, ohhh..... yeah !!

TacklingDummy
11-26-2013, 08:10 PM
He would give Bills fans Something to Believe In.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, that's Motley Crüe.

First you frig up Forever in Blue Jeans, now this.

Dr. Lecter
11-26-2013, 08:48 PM

I have banned people for lesser offenses than mixing up Poison and the Crüe.

Skooby
11-26-2013, 09:40 PM
He would give Bills fans Something to Believe In.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, that's Motley Crüe.

First you frig up Forever in Blue Jeans, now this.

I took my girl to the concerts, she's only 17.

swiper
11-27-2013, 08:48 AM

If your a Bills fan, then you've been living with an ass full of thorns since roughly 1998.

swiper
11-27-2013, 08:57 AM
I have banned people for lesser offenses than mixing up Poison and the Crüe.

Hey man, be my cherry pie.

Bill Cody
11-27-2013, 09:24 AM
We can only hope. He's part of the Toronto Bills cabal. He doesn't give a damn about the Buffalo Bills. **** him.

So unfair. He's just https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0Lg_ISGGW4&feature=kp

TacklingDummy
11-27-2013, 11:27 AM
Hey man, be my cherry pie.

I would only consider going gay if you were Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/85/Warrantdirty.jpg

swiper
11-27-2013, 11:47 AM
It was a WARRANT reference.

Oh never mind.

coastal
11-27-2013, 11:52 AM
It's amazing that this stupid ass thread is still on the front page. The Bills aren't moving for at least 6 years so why is this even being talked about as if BonJovi is going to buy the team and move them. DUUUUUUUUUUUUMB
You're so smart.

Putz.

TacklingDummy
11-27-2013, 12:20 PM
It was a WARRANT reference.

Oh never mind.

So was this...notice the Warrant album cover?
I would only consider going gay if you were Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/85/Warrantdirty.jpg