PDA

View Full Version : How many losses can we blame on not having a real QB ?

Skooby
11-24-2013, 09:25 PM
How many losses this season can be attributed to not having a real QB starting ??

JoeMama
11-24-2013, 09:30 PM
All our QBs have played above their heads.

Between rookie EJ Manuel, rookie Jeff Tuel, and journeyman Thad Lewis, we should be way worse.

Tuel looked bewildered vs Cleveland. Ditto EJ at Pittsburgh. But mostly, our QB production is well above what it should be all things considered.

Major kudos to the staff, even though they drive me mad at times.

Skooby
11-24-2013, 09:33 PM

Between rookie EJ Manuel, rookie Jeff Tuel, and journeyman Thad Lewis, we should be way worse.

Tuel looked bewildered vs Cleveland. Ditto EJ at Pittsburgh. But mostly, our QB production is well above what it should be all things considered.

EJ was also awesome last week against the Jets, we need that EJ every week.

Mace
11-24-2013, 09:40 PM

Wish I could thank you twice, Mama.

JoeMama
11-24-2013, 09:44 PM
Our QBs doing relatively well is a pleasant surprise.

But nothing makes me half so happy about 2013 as KIKO ALONSO!

I say this without hyperbole... I have a feeling that in ten years Alonso will be my favorite Buffalo Bill of all time.

Even over Bruce, Jimbo, Thurman, Tasker, Hull, Moulds, Andre, F-Jax, etc etc.

The sky is the limit for that kid.

Buffalo Thriller
11-24-2013, 09:44 PM
I'd say the New England game although we were in that till the last second, the Bengals game may have been different and the Cleveland game had EJ been in.

imbondz
11-24-2013, 10:01 PM

BertSquirtgum
11-24-2013, 10:09 PM
3 - Chiefs, Cleveland, Bengals

justasportsfan
11-25-2013, 08:13 AM
All of them

The King
11-25-2013, 08:50 AM
2 - Browns game is a win if EJ stays in, Chiefs game is a win with EJ.

jamze132
11-25-2013, 08:53 AM
2-3

Jan Reimers
11-25-2013, 09:17 AM
None. We have a real QB, who also happens to be a rookie. Manuel has lost some games to injury, which has slowed his progression, but he has looked good at times. Give him a chance to make some rookie mistakes, before saying he - or Tuel, another rookie QB, and Lewis, a very inexperienced QB - are not "real' QBs.

A better question would be, "How many losses can we blame on having started three different rookie or inexperienced QBs, sometimes pressed into service by injuries?"

Skooby
11-25-2013, 12:06 PM
A better question would be, "How many losses can we blame on having started three different rookie or inexperienced QBs, sometimes pressed into service by injuries?"

Nice, I'm in.

HAMMER
11-25-2013, 01:25 PM
How many more good threads would we have if MitchMurrayDowntown was a real poster?

Generalissimus Gibby
11-25-2013, 02:37 PM
By real QB you mean NFL quality qb be he a journeyman backup or mid level starter who will never be HOF worthy but can have a Trent Dilfer/Alex Smith/Marty Ball era Chiefs QB career with a few playoff appearances and put games in the win column by just not losing the game right? Okay, well then lets see: Jeff Tuel, who has no business at all being in the league and wouldn't even be here if Kolb had not gotten injured cost us two games when he quite literally threw the Browns and Chiefs games. Any other backup calibre qb in Bills history from Ryan Fitzpatrick to JP Losman to Billy Joe to Vince Ferragamo would have at least had the good sense to try to run that ball into the endzone against KC. Drew, Dougie, Jimbo, Frank, Fergy, and Jack would have completed that pass to Steve Johnson. So that's two. The Patriots game I cannot place at any qb's feet. No, that game was the unfortunate combination of an evil genius against a bills coach in his NFL debut. Pittsburgh and New Orleans I also place at QBs feet. The Bengals game, well I think we missed a couple field goals in that game. So Four, but in the most awful manner possible two. That KC game still sickens me.

Bangarang
11-25-2013, 03:15 PM
How many losses do we have in the last decade? Most of those.