PDA

View Full Version : ESPN NFL Coach's week schedule

ghz in pittsburgh
11-25-2013, 10:56 AM
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10012376&src=desktop

Sure they got paid for millions. But ...

That's over 110 hours right there directly related to work. I have pulled in a couple of 80 hour weeks when I was younger overseas. Don't know if I can sustain 110 hour weeks for months. No wonder Jimmy Johnson is happy to sit in front of a television set.

At least Harbaugh goes home more than he stays at the facility overnight so his wife does not have to wait for one special night of the week ...

IlluminatusUIUC
11-25-2013, 11:58 AM
I've heard stories like this for years, and I always thought it was counter-productive to work so many hours. I question what someone can learn and retain in hour 106 they they didn't in hour 66?

And then you watch so many brainlock decisions on gameday and wonder how much of it comes from having a 50 or 60 year old man being sleep-deprived for months on end.

Tony Dungy was noted for having a decent work-life balance and he succeeded anyway.

Buffalo Thriller
11-25-2013, 11:49 PM
That's an insane amount of hours. I'm ready to kill myself after way less than that.

Scumbag College
11-26-2013, 12:27 AM
I heard Bellicheck sleeps in a crypt three hours a day in the town dump near the Pats' parking lot.

Night Train
11-26-2013, 04:47 AM
Their was an old NFL Films documentary back in the day showing Dick Vermiel during his Philly days (late 70's, early 80's), basically living at the stadium and sleeping 3 hours a day.

DynaPaul
11-26-2013, 06:18 AM
Screw that. Hire assistants whose job is to analyze film all day.

Ginger Vitis
11-26-2013, 07:42 AM
And then you watch so many brainlock decisions on gameday and wonder how much of it comes from having a 50 or 60 year old man being sleep-deprived for months on end.

This.. Gregg Williams use to brag about how he worked 20 hour days and they come gameday his game decisions regarding challenging plays and clock management were terrible.

OpIv37
11-26-2013, 07:46 AM
I heard Bellicheck sleeps in a crypt three hours a day in the town dump near the Pats' parking lot.

Yeah but he had to find a new place- he couldn't get any sleep because Aaron Hernandez kept showing up at 4 am to ditch bodies.