X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

ESPN NFL Coach's week schedule

In ESPN The Magazine, Kevin Van Valkenburg details Ravens coach John Harbaugh's schedule as he prepares for Baltimore's game at Chicago on Sunday, Nov. 17.

Sure they got paid for millions. But ...

That's over 110 hours right there directly related to work. I have pulled in a couple of 80 hour weeks when I was younger overseas. Don't know if I can sustain 110 hour weeks for months. No wonder Jimmy Johnson is happy to sit in front of a television set.

At least Harbaugh goes home more than he stays at the facility overnight so his wife does not have to wait for one special night of the week ...
  • IlluminatusUIUC
    • Sep 2012

Re: ESPN NFL Coach's week schedule

I've heard stories like this for years, and I always thought it was counter-productive to work so many hours. I question what someone can learn and retain in hour 106 they they didn't in hour 66?

And then you watch so many brainlock decisions on gameday and wonder how much of it comes from having a 50 or 60 year old man being sleep-deprived for months on end.

Tony Dungy was noted for having a decent work-life balance and he succeeded anyway.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
      • Sep 2010

That's an insane amount of hours. I'm ready to kill myself after way less than that.
      Originally posted by OpIv37
      You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• Scumbag College
        • Oct 2002

I heard Bellicheck sleeps in a crypt three hours a day in the town dump near the Pats' parking lot.
        Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Their was an old NFL Films documentary back in the day showing Dick Vermiel during his Philly days (late 70's, early 80's), basically living at the stadium and sleeping 3 hours a day.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DynaPaul
            • Sep 2003

Screw that. Hire assistants whose job is to analyze film all day.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post

And then you watch so many brainlock decisions on gameday and wonder how much of it comes from having a 50 or 60 year old man being sleep-deprived for months on end.
              This.. Gregg Williams use to brag about how he worked 20 hour days and they come gameday his game decisions regarding challenging plays and clock management were terrible.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Scumbag College View Post
                I heard Bellicheck sleeps in a crypt three hours a day in the town dump near the Pats' parking lot.
                Yeah but he had to find a new place- he couldn't get any sleep because Aaron Hernandez kept showing up at 4 am to ditch bodies.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                X