PDA

View Full Version : a picture is worth a thousand words

JATMtheJATM
11-25-2013, 12:11 PM
http://beta.thescore.com/nhl/news/363263

this is something that should be addressed. the picture is during a stoppage in time, with miller on the bench (he looks miserable, by the way) while sulzer, tallinder, and the trainer laugh at something on the jumbotron.

the sabres are in the midst of a culture of losing. i never really bought too much into it before, i just figured they knew they were young and rebuilding, and eventually itll get better. but thats not the way it works. clearly, nolan needs to bag skate them. and hard. and alot.

i dont mind losing. i really dont. not during a rebuild. (if this were a season of higher expectations, i would mind. maybe i have that mentality too now) so long as the team works hard and plays something that resembles hockey. but if guys are laughing it up, you need to sit them down, tell them they are expected to mentor the kids, and this is not acceptable. looks like the nolan era honeymoon is over, and its time to work these guys till they get the message.

gebobs
11-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Oh for crap sake...don't these guys know that cameras are going to be on them? They should look miserable! Oh, the humanity!

Moving along...

JATMtheJATM
11-25-2013, 12:44 PM
Oh for crap sake...don't these guys know that cameras are going to be on them? They should look miserable! Oh, the humanity!

Moving along...

well, theres a time and a place. the time was not down by 1 with the goalie pulled.

but you dont think its a big deal?

coastal
11-25-2013, 04:09 PM
Maybe they haven't turned the corner yet?

JATMtheJATM
11-25-2013, 04:16 PM
Maybe they haven't turned the corner yet?

are we really going to carry the tyler myers debate into a team debate?

OpIv37
11-26-2013, 07:54 AM
It's a long season and we are going to lose a lot of games. You can't expect guys to be bitter and stoic for all 82 games over a six month period.

At the same time, I do have a problem with this. Down 2-1 in the middle of the second? Sure, have a laugh between shifts. Down 2-1 with a last second chance to at least steal a point from a quality div opponent? That's the time for intensity. Yeah, this season is shot so it doesn't really matter, but that won't always be the case.

trapezeus
11-26-2013, 10:25 AM
especially since the team is typically not in a position to win at the end. we are going to have a lot of lost games by big margins. at least be into it in the games that are close.

we don't know the story, but if our take as fans is correct, i'm sure nolan is on top of that in his evaluation of what the major changes are.

JATMtheJATM
11-26-2013, 10:32 AM
It's a long season and we are going to lose a lot of games. You can't expect guys to be bitter and stoic for all 82 games over a six month period.

At the same time, I do have a problem with this. Down 2-1 in the middle of the second? Sure, have a laugh between shifts. Down 2-1 with a last second chance to at least steal a point from a quality div opponent? That's the time for intensity. Yeah, this season is shot so it doesn't really matter, but that won't always be the case.

i was watching the game on FSN detroit, and the detroit announcer, ken daniels, was saying how bad buffalo is now, but all the young talent they have, he felt they were going to get very good in a few years.

now, color guy mickey redmond, hes a cranky old guy. complains about calls constantly. he was going on how losing to buffalo would be an embarrassment, how the guys need to get it going. "you cant come in and lose to BUFFALO and expect to be taken seriously!" i remember thinking, just die already.

SkateZilla
11-26-2013, 12:06 PM
Miller looks pretty concerned.

JATMtheJATM
11-26-2013, 02:56 PM
miller looks miserable. guys having a great season. and the sabres are so far in the basement. at least his trade value is up. but theres word he might stay.

SpikedLemonade
11-26-2013, 03:03 PM
Resigning Miller would be a stupid move for the Sabres.

This rebuild will take 5 years before the Sabres make the play-offs and Miller will be too old by then.

OpIv37
11-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Why would he want to stay? He's 3000 miles from his wife and the team is a cluster****. There is pretty much zero chance that they win the Cup on his next contract, which will likely be his last.

He literally gains nothing by staying.

gebobs
11-26-2013, 05:56 PM
well, theres a time and a place. the time was not down by 1 with the goalie pulled.

but you dont think its a big deal?

Not really. In fact, not at all.

JATMtheJATM
11-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Not really. In fact, not at all.

i have to disagree. at least somewhat. you have to have the eye of the tiger mentality. but of course, i dont know the whole story.

ParanoidAndroid
11-27-2013, 10:42 AM
I guess it's different for them, but my eyes would be unblinking, fixated on the hope of getting that equalizer. Do you look away from a hail mary pass to share a chuckle?

IlluminatusUIUC
11-27-2013, 10:51 AM
Reminded me of this:

http://youtu.be/VsJ5RnLDlXM