X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Watching RGIII last night is just Painful

I was a little scared watching EJ in Heinz Field 3 weeks ago, afraid of him being rushing back too soon.

But watching RG III this season is just painful, especially in primetime like last night. The kid is obviously not ready to play this season from the physical standpoint. Everybody sees it; how Shanahan keeps putting RGIII out there every week is beyond me. He gave up 3 1st rounder for him - the Rams are going to have a high pick next year.

I know the coaches are under pressure to win. But this is a lose-lose proposition. Maybe he knew their defense is old (London Fletcher is still a key player for them?) and they have a limited window, but he's potentially ruining the career of one of the most dynamic player in NFL.

Sometimes the coach has to step in and make a tough decision. I was leery about Marrone kept trotting CJ out there but he finally made a decision of shutting him down a game or two. At this point, I'd not trade Marrone and his staff for Shanahan and his gang (though I'd be glad to do so with Gailey's crew). Marrone, as a HC, seems to be learning and improving as the season is moving on.
  • bdutton
    • Jul 2013

Re: Watching RGIII last night is just Painful

I had a good chuckle when I saw that live.

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
      I was a little scared watching EJ in Heinz Field 3 weeks ago, afraid of him being rushing back too soon.

But watching RG III this season is just painful, especially in primetime like last night. The kid is obviously not ready to play this season from the physical standpoint. Everybody sees it; how Shanahan keeps putting RGIII out there every week is beyond me. He gave up 3 1st rounder for him - the Rams are going to have a high pick next year.

I know the coaches are under pressure to win. But this is a lose-lose proposition. Maybe he knew their defense is old (London Fletcher is still a key player for them?) and they have a limited window, but he's potentially ruining the career of one of the most dynamic player in NFL.

Sometimes the coach has to step in and make a tough decision. I was leery about Marrone kept trotting CJ out there but he finally made a decision of shutting him down a game or two. At this point, I'd not trade Marrone and his staff for Shanahan and his gang (though I'd be glad to do so with Gailey's crew). Marrone, as a HC, seems to be learning and improving as the season is moving on.
      Heads were scratched at the time, but WAS hedged their bets when they drafted Griffin and Cousins.
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

it's not painful to me watching Shanahan fail after he snobbed the bills
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

Brooks on the 49ers came out and said what everyone has been thinking/saying - RGIII just isnt ready. Shouldnt even be playing. Watching him try to scramble on a gimpy leg, its so obvious he is lacking a lot of the explosion he had last year.

Comment

• imbondz
            Democrats are people too
            • Jan 2003

the Adrian Peterson effect
            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by NaturalBornSpiller View Post
              Brooks on the 49ers came out and said what everyone has been thinking/saying - RGIII just isnt ready. Shouldnt even be playing. Watching him try to scramble on a gimpy leg, its so obvious he is lacking a lot of the explosion he had last year.
              I got to watch that game last year when he got hurt bad. What a dumb coaching decision...
              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                it's not painful to me watching Shanahan fail after he snobbed the bills

We should be glad he snubbed the Bills.

Comment

• TedMock
                  • Jul 2002

I live in Redskins country, so I don't find their demise painful at all. One of the players I actually like is RG3, but he should've been pulled last night. Admittedly, I do get a little giddy like a school girl when the skins play poorly. I know OP moved to Ravens territory, but he lived down this way for some time. I'd be curious to hear how he feels about the local teams. If the Bills were 13-3 every year I probably wouldn't care as much. I still hate hearing about the skins, but I would be more tolerant if I didn't have to hear them speak of my team in a negative manner. I do enough of that on my own.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                    We should be glad he snubbed the Bills.
                    yup. Wasn't impressed with him without Elway
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Scumbag College
                      • Oct 2002

I tore my ACL in 2010 and the Dr. whom did my surgery used to work with the Cincinnati Bengals. He said that even a year after surgery NFL players have told him it "just doesn't feel like my knee." I really can't describe the feeling after surgery other than that. Guys that came back to form like Adrian Peterson are exceptions. Hopefully he can get it back next year...the guy was so much fun to watch his rookie season.
                      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• DynaPaul
                        • Sep 2003

With a gimpy leg it just shows that all he is now is a subpar pocket passer.

Comment

• Gibby
                          • Jun 2006

Shanahan is the most brilliant coach in Denver Broncos history as long as John Elway was under center. However, the single worst decision of his career was not saving RGIII to fight another day. He ruined what was a promising qb's career in its infancy. I know, I know the NFL is a win now league but he had a backup that he took in the same draft as RGIII. RGIII should not have been brought back in after he was already gimpy.

Comment

• TrEd FTW
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DynaPaul View Post
                            With a gimpy leg it just shows that all he is now is a subpar pocket passer.
                            It's hard to be a good pocket passer when you're running for your life on practically every pass attempt.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

shanahan lost a lot of his luster, and it doesn't help that his son isn't a genius either.

Comment

Working...
                              X