PDA

View Full Version : Brandon: Bills are NOT for sale

DraftBoy
11-27-2013, 09:59 AM
Just came across my phone as an ESPN alert.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10044831/ceo-russ-brandon-says-buffalo-bills-not-sale?ex_cid=espnapi_public

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Following a report Sunday from CBS Sports that rock star Jon Bon Jovi is interested in buying the Buffalo Bills, CEO Russ Brandon said Wednesday that the team is not for sale.

"No," Brandon told WGR 550 in Buffalo. "Mr. [Ralph] Wilson is the owner of this franchise. We expect him to be the owner for many, many years."

Death watch continues...

Bangarang
11-27-2013, 10:03 AM
So basically, there is no news?

Everyone knows the Bills are not and will not be for sale as long as RW is alive.

The people that are serious about buying this team have had a plan in place for years now and will deny any interest out of respect to RW and the organization. Then when he passes, those who denied or stayed quiet will line up and get things going.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-27-2013, 10:08 AM
'many, many years'

Russ does know Wilson is 95 right?

Turf
11-27-2013, 10:09 AM
The only way to guarantee the Bills stay here is for the city and state deciding to stop wasting money upgrading the Ralph, and get serious about building a viable stadium downtown or elsewhere to lock them in for good, and kiss Toronto good bye. I don't really see where we need that money from Toronto to be profitable. And we certainly aren't generating a fan base up there.

OpIv37
11-27-2013, 10:14 AM
Yes, Russ, we know the team is not for sale.

We also know that the team will go up for sale the second Ralph dies, and we also know Ralph is 94 and in declining health. So, stop treating us like morons.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-27-2013, 10:15 AM
funny thing is, I always figured Al Davis would outlive everyone (including you and me) but now it appears to be ralph

Novacane
11-27-2013, 10:55 AM
Just say the team is not for sale. To add the many many years comment really makes him look like an idiot.

trapezeus
11-27-2013, 11:07 AM
'many, many years'

so if he says, "he could go any minute now", he'd also be saying "my job as a CEO could go any minute now"

The key for russ' self interest is to have some minority stake deeded to him (because clearly Ralph looks after russ like a son) and russ works the sale process and gets a finders fee. Then hopefully the douche has enough money to never have to be part of football ever again.

Meathead
11-27-2013, 11:14 AM
ralph is buying up all of dick cheneys second hand parts and still will live until 2050

TacklingDummy
11-27-2013, 11:33 AM
'many, many years'

Russ Brandon been filling Bills fans with lines of bullshlt since 1997.

It's Thanksgiving time, gobble gobble.

Bill Cody
11-27-2013, 11:34 AM
When you're 95 you have to convert years into days. But saying "many many days" although a lot funnier would be considered rude to his boss

Let's just say Ralph buys his ice cream by the pint these days

coastal
11-27-2013, 11:49 AM
Hey Russ... **** you.

better days
11-27-2013, 12:28 PM

We also know that the team will go up for sale the second Ralph dies, and we also know Ralph is 94 and in declining health. So, stop treating us like morons.

Lets see a link about Ralph being in declining health.

This is the second time you posted that, but everything I have heard & read says Ralph is in good health for his age.

Historian
11-27-2013, 12:35 PM
Let's just say Ralph has his lackeys buy his ice cream by the pint these days

:roflmao:

swiper
11-27-2013, 12:45 PM
He might not get to finish a half gallon.

trapezeus
11-27-2013, 12:56 PM
ralph is also 95...his birthday was in Oct.

his health isn't great. i know people who have seen ralph in the last few years at a buffalo hospital. he complains of aches as is to be expected for a person his age. but since his fall and breaking of the hip (i think it was hip), he is not in higher quarterile for elderly care.

and i know people can dismiss this easily and say "if you don't cite sources....", but the guy has visibily taken a back seat in the last 3 years. it's not like he's just lost his love for the game.

OpIv37
11-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Lets see a link about Ralph being in declining health.

This is the second time you posted that, but everything I have heard & read says Ralph is in good health for his age.

Well did you see the links about how he doesn't travel to games anymore? Just two years ago, it was news if he missed one. Now, he doesn't make any of them. And why exactly do you think he handed off day to day operations to Brandon now when he could have done it years ago? And 94 is 94. Being "healthy for 94" isn't the same as being healthy. It doesn't preclude him from keeling over and dying at any second.

Meathead
11-27-2013, 01:47 PM
when my grandma got to be that old she was just hoping to die. she had moments of joy but most of her existence at that point sucked. i hope ralph isnt there yet but he could be. personally i aint waiting for it to get to that for myself. if life ever gets that bad on a permanent daily basis im chugging some hennessey and taking one last chuteless skydive. naked

swiper
11-27-2013, 01:48 PM
Cool. A pissing match of conjecture over Wilson's health.

better days
11-27-2013, 02:09 PM
Well did you see the links about how he doesn't travel to games anymore? Just two years ago, it was news if he missed one. Now, he doesn't make any of them. And why exactly do you think he handed off day to day operations to Brandon now when he could have done it years ago? And 94 is 94. Being "healthy for 94" isn't the same as being healthy. It doesn't preclude him from keeling over and dying at any second.

I said healthy for his age.

He did break a hip which no doubt limits his mobility.

Nobody is saying he is capable of running the Bills anymore, but he is not on his death bed either.

There are MANY people that live in nursing homes that are in wheelchairs & even bed bound that live that way for years & years.

BertSquirtgum
11-27-2013, 03:49 PM
'many, many years'

Technically but Russ has Ralph's body frozen in a walk in freezer deep under ground One Bills Drive.

WagonCircler
11-27-2013, 03:55 PM

Seriously!

People like Brandon say ridiculous, stupid sh--- like this, then wonder why they have no credibility.

As long as he doesn't say, "If you like your team, you can keep your team. Period."

DynaPaul
11-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Wow, what an ass kisser - the guy is 95 and Brandon and said he's going to be around for many years. The original owners are starting to drop now - Davis, Adams, and in all likelihood Wilson is probably next. Just be honest and say that the team isn't for sale as long as Ralph is the owner period.

Skooby
11-27-2013, 05:02 PM
Wow, what an ass kisser - the guy is 95 and Brandon and said he's going to be around for many years. The original owners are starting to drop now - Davis, Adams, and in all likelihood Wilson is probably next. Just be honest and say that the team isn't for sale as long as Ralph is the owner period.

So you want him to say as long as my boss is alive you can't have his business ?? Talk about career suicide. Who in their right mind even mentions the vultures circling or what's going to last or not last based on a normal situation ?

50 + years of ownership earns respect, nothing is for sale is the best answer. Now if the owner says over my dead body, then we're talking turkey (Thansgivhukkah reference).

BillsFever21
11-27-2013, 07:07 PM
I said healthy for his age.

He did break a hip which no doubt limits his mobility.

Nobody is saying he is capable of running the Bills anymore, but he is not on his death bed either.

There are MANY people that live in nursing homes that are in wheelchairs & even bed bound that live that way for years & years.

This person is also in pretty good health for his age...of 100 and something years old

http://www.grg.org/images/EdelToro2.jpg

imbondz
11-27-2013, 08:05 PM
This person is also in pretty good health for his age...of 100 and something years old

http://www.grg.org/images/EdelToro2.jpg

That was my thought.

That interview sucked

Mace
11-27-2013, 08:24 PM

They don't live, their bodies keep functioning or are kept performing functions. Link one 95 year old on top of their game. That ship has sailed.

Anyway, it's a lie, I call them several times a day from different numbers in different voices, offering to buy the team claiming I am different people, and I always get through to Littman. "417 dollars, Littman, I am Bill Gates."........"Last time you offered me 400 dollars and you were Melinda Gates.".......I was beside myself in the moment, Littman, don't play games with me unless you mean to back up your saucy."....

Hm, anyway.........my 432 dollars is all in and cash money, they'll cave.....

better days
11-27-2013, 10:26 PM
They don't live, their bodies keep functioning or are kept performing functions. Link one 95 year old on top of their game. That ship has sailed.

Anyway, it's a lie, I call them several times a day from different numbers in different voices, offering to buy the team claiming I am different people, and I always get through to Littman. "417 dollars, Littman, I am Bill Gates."........"Last time you offered me 400 dollars and you were Melinda Gates.".......I was beside myself in the moment, Littman, don't play games with me unless you mean to back up your saucy."....

Hm, anyway.........my 432 dollars is all in and cash money, they'll cave.....

Well, I have a neighbor that just turned 95. He just stopped driving of his own accord, never had an accident.

Walks without a cane let alone a walker.

And he is still sharper than many of the dumb ass 20 somethings working at Wally World.

JediMindPowers
11-27-2013, 10:56 PM
Russ will say anything if you pay him

Its the sole reason I like and hate him at the same time.

TacklingDummy
11-28-2013, 06:00 AM
when my grandma got to be that old she was just hoping to die. she had moments of joy but most of her existence at that point sucked. i hope ralph isnt there yet but he could be. personally i aint waiting for it to get to that for myself. if life ever gets that bad on a permanent daily basis im chugging some hennessey and taking one last chuteless skydive. naked
Ralph refuses to die until after the Bills win a Super Bowl.

He better grab a Snickers bar.

YardRat
11-28-2013, 06:13 AM
That's because it's already sold. Brandon and Kelly will be part of that group. JBJ wanted in on the deal, and was told to piss off.

justasportsfan
11-28-2013, 06:36 AM
He is the CEO. What would you guys say or do if you were in his place?

X-Era
11-28-2013, 06:59 AM
Stupid question... Can Ralph place the team in some sort of a trust? Something where it's still in his name after he dies? And the better question is if he can donate the team to the city of Buffalo.

YardRat
11-28-2013, 07:08 AM
Stupid question... Can Ralph place the team in some sort of a trust? Something where it's still in his name after he dies? And the better question is if he can donate the team to the city of Buffalo.

No, I would say. The league has rules regarding what % of the team needs to be owned by an individual and/or family members.

better days
11-28-2013, 07:14 AM
No, I would say. The league has rules regarding what % of the team needs to be owned by an individual and/or family members.

30% of a team needs to be owned by an individual is my understanding.

I believe the team could be put in trust for a number of years after Ralph's death.

And I heard speculation on WGR that that was indeed the case.

Fixxxer
11-28-2013, 07:28 AM
That's because it's already sold. Brandon and Kelly will be part of that group. JBJ wanted in on the deal, and was told to piss off.

Interesting. I would love to see the reaction of some people if that's the case, can you imagine Brandon keeping his job and everything remains the same? Would it really be that bad or would it be better to get clueless owner like the one the Jags or Phins have? What about an owner like Jerry Jones, that pretends he knows football?

better days
11-28-2013, 07:33 AM
Interesting. I would love to see the reaction of some people if that's the case, can you imagine Brandon keeping his job and everything remains the same? Would it really be that bad or would it be better to get clueless owner like the one the Jags or Phins have? What about an owner like Jerry Jones, that pretends he knows football?

Surprised you didn't mention Dan Snyder, the Redskins owner as well.

Fixxxer
11-28-2013, 07:35 AM
Surprised you didn't mention Dan Snyder, the Redskins owner as well.

Yeah, him too, he's the little general that can't win.

YardRat
11-28-2013, 07:45 AM
30% of a team needs to be owned by an individual is my understanding.

I believe the team could be put in trust for a number of years after Ralph's death.

And I heard speculation on WGR that that was indeed the case.

I believe they changed the rules in 2009...10% for individual majority ownership plus 20% for family members, so that the total % by any family = the 30%. It was flip-flopped (20% individual, 10% family) prior to 2009.

YardRat
11-28-2013, 07:48 AM

Personally, I think Brandon will be held in higher regard over the long haul than he is now by many fans.

Back in the day, when Polian succeeded Bledsoe as GM, if some posters and message boards were around and as popular then, they would be *****ing about promoting from within and 'same-old, same-old' clueless piece of **** front office and owner.

better days
11-28-2013, 08:35 AM
And They can't even sell out the SMALL Stadium in Toronto for this game 82% of tickets sold.

If Toronto were truly an NFL City, they would have no problem selling 50,000 seats.

SpikedLemonade
11-28-2013, 08:50 AM
And They can't even sell out the SMALL Stadium in Toronto for this game 82% of tickets sold.

If Toronto were truly an NFL City, they would have no problem selling 50,000 seats.

I never want to see the Bills move to Toronto, but a NFL team that was truly Toronto's would easily succeed in Toronto.

The truth is that the majority of Toronto fans feel very little connection to the Bills.

Annual games by the Cowboys, Patriots, etc. would do better attendance wise in Toronto than the Bills do.

What many don't understand is that although there is much talk about Toronto in Buffalo, there is rarely much talk about Buffalo in Toronto. Quite frankly, Buffalo is looked down on in Toronto as it is by most large North American cities.

In other words, the Buffalo Bills are not a team many in Toronto want to be associated with.

However if Toronto ever gets a NFL team of its own, it will be well supported and first class.

better days
11-28-2013, 08:59 AM
I never want to see the Bills move to Toronto, but a NFL team that was truly Toronto's would easily succeed in Toronto.

The truth is that the majority of Toronto fans feel very little connection to the Bills.

Annual games by the Cowboys, Patriots, etc. would do better attendance wise in Toronto than the Bills do.

What many don't understand is that although there is much talk about Toronto in Buffalo, there is rarely much talk about Buffalo in Toronto. Quite frankly, Buffalo is looked down on in Toronto as it is by most large North American cities.

In other words, the Buffalo Bills are not a team many in Toronto want to be associated with.

However if Toronto ever gets a NFL team of its own, it will be well supported and first class.

Well, I say that is BS. Mexico City had no problem selling out a MUCH larger stadium for an NFL game in the past.

In fact, it is double the size of Rogers Centre.

I don't care if Toronto is not filled with Bills fans, if it were an NFL City, there should be enough NFL fans to fill 50,000 seats with NO PROBLEM.

Raptor
11-28-2013, 09:04 AM
I get that the is not for sale right now ...the question is and that no one can seem to answer is what exactly is the plan when he does die? Will they favor a Buyer looking to keep the team where it is? Will they just go to the highest bidder? Have they had any preliminary discussions with anyone anywhere? ...these are the question that need to be asked and answered

YardRat
11-28-2013, 09:12 AM
Well, I say that is BS. Mexico City had no problem selling out a MUCH larger stadium for an NFL game in the past.

In fact, it is double the size of Rogers Centre.

I don't care if Toronto is not filled with Bills fans, if it were an NFL City, there should be enough NFL fans to fill 50,000 seats with NO PROBLEM.

To be fair, though, the Cowboys have always been a much bigger national (and international) draw than the Bills (and most other teams, for that matter). Buffalo has decent nationwide support, but that's mostly because of transplanted WNYers that stick with the team. Organizations like the Cowboys and Raiders have long attracted fans from other locations, despite those fans never being born, living in, or most likely ever even visiting Dallas or Oakland.

SpikedLemonade
11-28-2013, 09:24 AM
I get that the is not for sale right now ...the question is and that no one can seem to answer is what exactly is the plan when he does die? Will they favor a Buyer looking to keep the team where it is? Will they just go to the highest bidder? Have they had any preliminary discussions with anyone anywhere? ...these are the question that need to be asked and answered

The Ralph Fluffers will tell you that Ralph has a secret plan to keep the Bills in Buffalo after his death but he is too humble to reveal it now in fear of the praise and love he would have showered upon himself.

Novacane
11-28-2013, 09:33 AM
He is the CEO. What would you guys say or do if you were in his place?

I'd of said the team is not for sale and left it at that.

TacklingDummy
11-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Back in the day, when Polian succeeded Bledsoe as GM, if some posters and message boards were around and as popular then, they would be *****ing about promoting from within and 'same-old, same-old' clueless piece of **** front office and owner.
Was Polian around for 16 years of garbage before being promoted to GM?

better days
11-28-2013, 11:40 AM

Well, there was 16 years of garbage before Polian was promoted. People on this board were talking about the 12 years the Bills had sucked even though Nix was not around for most of them.

And now Whaley is in charge, he was around for some of the garbage. BUT I think the Bills are now heading in the right direction & that started when Nix was hired.

BillsFever21
11-28-2013, 11:47 AM
Personally, I think Brandon will be held in higher regard over the long haul than he is now by many fans.

So you have been happy with the achievements of the Bills under Brandon after all of these years? He was the GM for a little while and has basically played a big part in the team for a good 5 years without any success.

Promoting from within and giving somebody time to show what they can do like with Polian is one thing. Being happy with the status quo after years of the guy being in charge is another thing. It's even worse to think he will be held with high regard over the long haul after his failures up to this point. Most people would be fired by now let alone being promoted to president and CEO of the team.

better days
11-28-2013, 11:52 AM
To be fair, though, the Cowboys have always been a much bigger national (and international) draw than the Bills (and most other teams, for that matter). Buffalo has decent nationwide support, but that's mostly because of transplanted WNYers that stick with the team. Organizations like the Cowboys and Raiders have long attracted fans from other locations, despite those fans never being born, living in, or most likely ever even visiting Dallas or Oakland.

Well, we are talking about 100,000 people in Mexico City VS 50,000 in Toronto.

And the Cowboys never played in Mexico City, so that blows that theory.

The LARGEST Crowd in NFL History was in 2005 The Cardinals VS the 49ers. 103,467 people in attendence.

If Toronto TRULY is an NFL City filled with FANS of the NFL, they should have no trouble filling 50,000 seats.

Mr. Pink
11-28-2013, 12:11 PM

The LARGEST Crowd in NFL History was in 2005 The Cardinals VS the 49ers. 103,467 people in attendence.

If Toronto TRULY is an NFL City filled with FANS of the NFL, they should have no trouble filling 50,000 seats.

Put the Broncos vs anyone and that stadium would be packed.

Toronto is a neutral city that has no allegiance to any team so what they'll want to see is, shockingly enough, good football.

If the Bills were good, they'd be packed. They're not, so why would people who have no allegiance to any team go out of their way to see a bad team?

It's not a tough concept.

BillsFever21
11-28-2013, 12:18 PM

Yeah it would be bad especially if he still shows to be as clueless about football as he has for all of these years. I would rather have somebody new and see what they can achieve instead of sticking with somebody who has failed for years. In most organizations Brandon would've been fired by now. In most places he would've never made it as high up the ladder as he has. I'm sure he hopes Ralph lives and is the owner for many years to come because nobody else would give him an important job running the football team.

The last thing we would need is Brandon as part owner and/or running the team after Ralph dies. At least with a new owner there would be hope for a change instead of sticking with the same dead mutt. I'd rather have a new owner that might be willing to spend the money to put the right guys in charge instead of opting for a cheaper version and somebody you feel comfortable with. Maybe you are afraid of change and stick with a losing proposition with things in your life and not just football.

And in the grand scheme of things how have we really been that much better then the Jags, Dolphins and Cowboys to have the opportunity to laugh at them? This will be the 14th straight year of missing the playoffs which is easily the longest streak in the NFL. We also haven't won or even had a playoff game in Buffalo for 17 years and haven't even won the division since 1995. We've been a miserable franchise for most of our history and if not for a good run in the 1990's then we could easily be considered the worse franchise ever.

We haven't finished better then the Dolphins since 2007 so what does that say for the Bills? I'm not saying them guys are good but we're not in any position to call other teams a mess. We literally only have 13 winning seasons and playoff appearances since the merger the NFL in 1970. Yeah that's not a misprint. Ten of them winning seasons were in a 12 year span between 1988-1999.

So basically we have 3 winning seasons in the other 31 years of the NFL outside of that era. We had one good run under Polian and never did anything before or after that except for a couple more playoff berths. Who wouldn't want to stick with the status quo after all of that success? I still love this team as much as anyone but we have been one of the worse teams in the history of the NFL. On average we have made the playoffs three times every decade.

BillsFever21
11-28-2013, 12:36 PM

Teams like the Cowboys have tons of fans in every state in the country along with a fan base outside of the United States. The Raiders are also a popular team on a national basis. It's much easier to put people in the seats wherever you are playing the Cowboys. There aren't a huge amount of Bills fan on a national basis outside of people who were connected to this area at some point in their life. You don't randomly meet many Bills fans around the country that didn't grow up in Western NY, Southern Tier of NY/PA.

You would hope that the Toronto games could sell 50,000+ tickets no matter who was playing but it's not like the Bills are a huge draw for somebody to spend hundreds of dollars for a ticket to watch. If the Bills charged as much for tickets as they do for the Canada game then even we would have trouble putting 50,000 people at RWS on a regular basis. We're usually not playing a very good team when we play there either. Not to mention it's also hockey season at that point and most people in Canada would rather spend their money on a hockey game then to watch the Bills lose considering we've only had one win since we started playing up there. Many of the people who attend that game probably already attend games every now and then at RWS.

There is a reason why the Cowboys easily sell every single ticket in their 80,000+ stadium. They could build a stadium with twice the capacity and still sellout. There are thousands more that are on waiting list to try and get tickets. They even sellout many stadiums when they are playing on the road. For years the Cardinals would sellout their game against the Cowboys but couldn't sellout any other games. They weren't thrilled when they were moved out of the Cowboys division for that very reason.

To compare the Bills to the fan base of the Cowboys isn't even a comparison. It doesn't matter where you go there will be a ton of Cowboy fans. If the Cowboys were playing a game in Canada every year that would easily sell out. They would sell out no matter what state, country or continent they were playing on. Finding several Bills fans when you are out of the state isn't the same thing. They're just not a big draw. If Canada had their own team then that may be a different story. Either way hockey will always rule in Toronto whether they had an NFL team or not.

SpikedLemonade
11-28-2013, 01:12 PM

At any price?

No matter how crap the team you are watching is?

When the Bills package was first sold in Toronto on the original 5 year deal, you had to buy 2 seats to the whole 8 game package that included 3 pre-season games. A ticket that would cost you $65.00 in Buffalo cost $550 in Toronto. I bought a $550 ticket (40 yard line upper bowl) from a scalper for $50 and he was crying.

The prices on this 2nd deal are less than half of the first deal but it is still a ridiculous amount given the value you are receiving. No tailgate. No Buffalo crowd atmosphere.

I prefer the 2-3 hour trip to Buffalo than to watch a game in Toronto.

Having said that, if Toronto gets their own team and the stadium is located so that suits use it to entertain their clients (like the Leafs have become), Toronto will sell out at the highest NFL average ticket for the first 5 years of their existence.

The wealth and population in and within 45 minutes of Toronto is amazing.

YardRat
11-28-2013, 05:50 PM

Was Nix? Or Whaley?

YardRat
11-28-2013, 05:57 PM
So you have been happy with the achievements of the Bills under Brandon after all of these years? He was the GM for a little while and has basically played a big part in the team for a good 5 years without any success.

Promoting from within and giving somebody time to show what they can do like with Polian is one thing. Being happy with the status quo after years of the guy being in charge is another thing. It's even worse to think he will be held with high regard over the long haul after his failures up to this point. Most people would be fired by now let alone being promoted to president and CEO of the team.

Brandon has not 'been in charge' for years. He has been mostly a marketing guy, with a brief (and admittedly poor) run as GM.

The clock on Brandon 'being in charge' started when Ralph turned over the keys to the kingdom. This is truly his team now, whereas the earlier versions really didn't have his 'stamp'.

I think the team has made great strides in the last year, and expect them to continue on the path. If this current regime can get back to the playoffs, maybe farther, with Russ's GM (Whaley) and Head Coach (Marrone) in place, obviously he will deservedly get some (if not much) of the credit. Of course, there will always be that faction that will always tie him to the earlier regimes just based on his employment and will contend that the team is doing well despite him, not because of him.

YardRat
11-28-2013, 06:00 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Bowl

The largest crowd in NFL history was recorded at the American Bowl game at Mexico City (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico_City) August 15, 1994, when 112,376 people attended the Governor's Cup (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governor%27s_Cup_%28Texas%29) game between the Dallas Cowboys (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Cowboys) and Houston Oilers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Oilers).

For a pre-season game, to boot...

better days
11-28-2013, 10:48 PM
At any price?

No matter how crap the team you are watching is?

When the Bills package was first sold in Toronto on the original 5 year deal, you had to buy 2 seats to the whole 8 game package that included 3 pre-season games. A ticket that would cost you $65.00 in Buffalo cost $550 in Toronto. I bought a $550 ticket (40 yard line upper bowl) from a scalper for $50 and he was crying.

The prices on this 2nd deal are less than half of the first deal but it is still a ridiculous amount given the value you are receiving. No tailgate. No Buffalo crowd atmosphere.

I prefer the 2-3 hour trip to Buffalo than to watch a game in Toronto.

Having said that, if Toronto gets their own team and the stadium is located so that suits use it to entertain their clients (like the Leafs have become), Toronto will sell out at the highest NFL average ticket for the first 5 years of their existence.

The wealth and population in and within 45 minutes of Toronto is amazing.

Well, If that is the case there should be NO PROBLEM filling 50,000 seats.

As I said Mexico City fills over 100,000. And for those that can't read, Mr. Pink, and BillsFever21, The Cowboys, Broncos, Raiders did not play in that ga​me. It was the Cardinals VS the 49ers.

better days
11-28-2013, 10:53 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Bowl

The largest crowd in NFL history was recorded at the American Bowl game at Mexico City (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico_City) August 15, 1994, when 112,376 people attended the Governor's Cup (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governor%27s_Cup_%28Texas%29) game between the Dallas Cowboys (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Cowboys) and Houston Oilers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Oilers).

For a pre-season game, to boot...

Well, there you go. I was talking about the regular season. But Mexico City FILLED over 100,000 seats for a PRESEASON game.

And Toronto can't even fill 50,000 with the MANY WEALTHY people in & near Toronto.

Only reason for that can be Toronto is a HOCKEY Town & does not give a damn about the NFL.

YardRat
11-29-2013, 06:06 AM
Well, there you go. I was talking about the regular season. But Mexico City FILLED over 100,000 seats for a PRESEASON game.

I assumed that would be your response, but I think my point that Dallas is a huge draw internationally, especially in Mexico, is valid. Dallas will outdraw Buffalo anywhere, anytime, under any circumstances.

And Toronto can't even fill 50,000 with the MANY WEALTHY people in & near Toronto.

True, but as one poster pointed out part of that is Buffalo's lack of winning. Also, it is damn expensive to go to a game there and in all honesty I don't know what the costs were for Mexico City...hell, they might have been giving tickets away just to fill seats.

Only reason for that can be Toronto is a HOCKEY Town & does not give a damn about the NFL.

Yes, Toronto is absolutely a hockey town and the NFL falls down the list...no argument there.

DraftBoy
11-29-2013, 07:41 AM
You give Toronto other games that the Bills and they fill that stadium w/o issue. You give them two teams that suck in the Bills and Falcons and you get what you have this weekend.

better days
11-29-2013, 08:35 AM
You give Toronto other games that the Bills and they fill that stadium w/o issue. You give them two teams that suck in the Bills and Falcons and you get what you have this weekend.

Well, I call BS.

It is a REGULAR SEASON NFL GAME. Fans of the NFL should want to go to that.

Mexico City & London England have both filled their MUCH LARGER STADIUMS & London has had a NUMBER of bad teams play there.

Mace
11-30-2013, 08:21 PM

If the Bills gave Toronto a reason to love them, I think the Pats, Cowboys, or commercial team of the day would fall away. Knowing people in Toronto, I don't think they even look down on Buffalo so much as never have a reason to think about Buffalo. Toronto, it seems to me, looks upon these games as getting spillover junk, instead of a team to like, because we haven't given them anything to like and follow. It's like the Jays playing in Buffalo. Most people are favorably inclined to Toronto, it's really a great huge, not snotty city, but no one on either side is stupid. If you send a crap team, it will generate not much happy, despite being "big boy league".

One of my greatest joys was when the Jays were winning World Series, and my Canadian friends were having a ball with us being so close to Super Bowl wins.

Despite the fact it dresses up in better clothes and hangs around with cooler people, Toronto wants the same thing Buffalo does, and knows it. Teams to love, no matter the politics.

I'll say it again, this can be a home game again if not at home, with a far bigger momentum rush for being loved across borders and sharing a hunger for titles.

OpIv37
11-30-2013, 09:00 PM
How did a thread about some **** we already knew go 4 pages?

Skooby
11-30-2013, 11:05 PM
Nice !

Mace
12-01-2013, 05:00 PM
How did a thread about some **** we already knew go 4 pages?

Creativity.