JATMtheJATM
11-27-2013, 12:22 PM
tropp was waived.

SkateZilla
11-27-2013, 02:49 PM
Championship!

JATMtheJATM
11-28-2013, 11:28 AM
corey tropp was claimed by the bluejackets.

this move is a low risk/low reward deal with some potential for a higher reward. d'iagostini had a good season a few years ago with over 45 points. its unlikely he will get to that level again, but any offense at this point is going to help.

SkateZilla
11-29-2013, 10:02 PM
he's a quick lil bugger, he had a decent game tonight.

clumping platelets
11-29-2013, 10:05 PM
Now time to get rid of Ennis

Skooby
11-30-2013, 07:35 AM
We only 18 points from the playoffs, I see some daylight up ahead.

JATMtheJATM
11-30-2013, 11:57 AM
Now time to get rid of Ennis

i always hoped he would become a dynamic player. hes shown flashes, but not consistently. time for him to go.

coastal
11-30-2013, 03:19 PM
i always hoped he would become a dynamic player. hes shown flashes, but not consistently. time for him to go.
He's an AHL player.

JATMtheJATM
11-30-2013, 03:43 PM
He's an AHL player.

hes not an AHL player. hes a depth scorer who isnt living up to his top 6 line placing.

he has a .62 PPG over his career. which is fine if you have scoring depth. thats not a minor league player. certainly, this year, hes having a bad year.

coastal
11-30-2013, 04:07 PM
hes not an AHL player. hes a depth scorer who isnt living up to his top 6 line placing.

he has a .62 PPG over his career. which is fine if you have scoring depth. thats not a minor league player. certainly, this year, hes having a bad year.players like him are a dime a dozen.

Thats an AHL player.

JATMtheJATM
11-30-2013, 04:15 PM
players like him are a dime a dozen.

Thats an AHL player.

so hes an average NHL player, and that makes him a minor leaguer? what?

over the course his career, he averages out to over 50 points in a full season. an AHL player, he is not.

important part of the sabres future? no. minor leaguer, no.

DetDannyWilliams
11-30-2013, 04:26 PM
when LaFontaine walked into the locker room and met the team after he was named President of Hockey Operations when he shook Tyler Ennis hand he told Ennis one thing "I told him that he reminded me of my myself about his age back in 1983 playing for the New York Islanders, He's going to get there it just doesn't happen overnight and we will get him where he needs to be he's a good kid. He's got speed and he can skate really well he just needs to put it all together now and like I said we will work with him on that."

JATMtheJATM
11-30-2013, 04:29 PM
when LaFontaine walked into the locker room and met the team after he was named President of Hockey Operations when he shook Tyler Ennis hand he told Ennis one thing "I told him that he reminded me of my myself about his age back in 1983 playing for the New York Islanders, He's going to get there it just doesn't happen overnight and we will get him where he needs to be he's a good kid. He's got speed and he can skate really well he just needs to put it all together now and like I said we will work with him on that."

as coastal pointed out, hes not a special talent that just hasnt lived up to it. hes a depth scorer who has had some success at the pro level, but overall, the sabres could replace him.

he could be a 25-35 guy if he maxed out his potential, but i dont think he needs to be a major piece going forward.

JATMtheJATM
11-30-2013, 04:31 PM
but, you know what? since nolan has taken over, players have been playing better. right down the line up. maybe he does get max potential out of the kids. who knows. lets see how they do with a real coach (not that ruff wasnt a real coach, his voice was just tuned out)

coastal
11-30-2013, 04:37 PM
so hes an average NHL player, and that makes him a minor leaguer? what?

over the course his career, he averages out to over 50 points in a full season. an AHL player, he is not.

important part of the sabres future? no. minor leaguer, no.dude can anyone say anything critical about the Sabres?

ive watched almost every game this year.. I see NOTHING that seperates him from an AHL player.

His speed might be useful to the Amerks... up here in the bigs... he's just another dude.

JATMtheJATM
11-30-2013, 04:43 PM
dude can anyone say anything critical about the Sabres?

ive watched almost every game this year.. I see NOTHING that seperates him from an AHL player.

His speed might be useful to the Amerks... up here in the bigs... he's just another dude.

how many AHL games have you watched?

him not being special as an NHL player doesnt make him a minor leaguer. me not being critical doesnt negate you being overly critical. calling ennis an AHL player is incorrect. you are over exaggerating your critical..ness. thats not a word.

coastal
11-30-2013, 04:45 PM
how many AHL games have you watched?

him not being special as an NHL player doesnt make him a minor leaguer. me not being critical doesnt negate you being overly critical. calling ennis an AHL player is incorrect.sure thing dude.

swiper
12-04-2013, 06:25 AM

he has a .62 PPG over his career. which is fine if you have scoring depth. thats not a minor league player. certainly, this year, hes having a bad year.

Sorry. coastal is right. Someone posted elsewhere the Tropp was never ever productive even at lower levels of play. He's not NHL talent.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=94047

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/corey_tropp/

He's not a scorer. He's an energy line player and he wasn't very good at it this season. Time to cut bait and try something else. D'Agostini at least has had some productivity in the NHL before struggling through some injuries.

Tropp was not a productive AHL player at all. So I wouldn't go accusing people of not watching AHL games. Because you didn't watch Tropp play at that level either.

swiper
12-04-2013, 06:27 AM
but, you know what? since nolan has taken over, players have been playing better. right down the line up. maybe he does get max potential out of the kids. who knows. lets see how they do with a real coach (not that ruff wasnt a real coach, his voice was just tuned out)

Obviously Nolan was the one who thought it was ok to let Tropp go.

JATMtheJATM
12-04-2013, 06:50 AM
Obviously Nolan was the one who thought it was ok to let Tropp go.

tropp was hampered by injuries. i like the kid, and im sad to see him go. but its not the end of the world hes gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry. coastal is right. Someone posted elsewhere the Tropp was never ever productive even at lower levels of play. He's not NHL talent.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=94047

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/corey_tropp/

He's not a scorer. He's an energy line player and he wasn't very good at it this season. Time to cut bait and try something else. D'Agostini at least has had some productivity in the NHL before struggling through some injuries.

Tropp was not a productive AHL player at all. So I wouldn't go accusing people of not watching AHL games. Because you didn't watch Tropp play at that level either.

we were talking about ennis.

swiper
12-04-2013, 07:19 AM
we were talking about ennis.

Sorry. I misread then. To me, what Ennis is is a dissappointing NHL player. Would be interesting to see if it clicked for him if he went elsewhere, like it did for Sekera & Gerbe.

JATMtheJATM
12-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Sorry. I misread then. To me, what Ennis is is a dissappointing NHL player. Would be interesting to see if it clicked for him if he went elsewhere, like it did for Sekera & Gerbe.

gotta play devils advocate with sekera. he was always steady and good in buffalo. many fans just didnt notice. i wish we had kept sekera.

swiper
12-04-2013, 03:43 PM
gotta play devils advocate with sekera. he was always steady and good in buffalo. many fans just didnt notice. i wish we had kept sekera.

I'd agree with that. He's scoring a with a little more frequency now though.