PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Iron Bowl

Buffalo Thriller
11-30-2013, 08:18 PM
Born and raised and currently living in Alabama you learn that the Iron Bowl is much more than just a game, it's bragging rights for the whole year. Every year each team brings it's best no matter the ranking or record of the teams. The 2013 Iron Bowl was no different. I am an Alabama fan so you can imagine my reaction to the end of the game but wow what a game. Game of the Century IMO. Was anyone else watching? Thoughts on the game?

SpikedLemonade
11-30-2013, 08:19 PM
Best game I have seen in 10 years.

Buffalo Thriller
11-30-2013, 08:21 PM
Best game I have seen in 10 years.
It was a pretty amazing finish.

Skooby
11-30-2013, 08:27 PM
This game had everything in it & if that finish wasn't the biggest shock, I don't know what is. I think Saban is a cheating / horrible person, so seeing him lose was just so great. I gave Nick a one-finger salute when he lost, then spoke profanity expressing the beauty in his horror.

TacklingDummy
11-30-2013, 08:30 PM
As long as the Bills don't draft anymore Alabama players I don't care, say no to CJ Ah You.

Mace
11-30-2013, 08:37 PM
I really don't like Alabama, going back to Bear Bryant when I watched a lot of college football. Didn't really know where to post it, but this was an awesome game ending on a moment of glory. I couldn't believe it.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ffWrBPTRZLI/UpqDK1ESDGI/AAAAAAAAEIg/5NtgRcr8ww8/s400/aub23.gif

OpIv37
11-30-2013, 08:55 PM
Why is this game called the Iron bowl?

Buffalo Thriller
11-30-2013, 10:14 PM
Why is this game called the Iron bowl?
The game was played at Legion Field in Birmingham for years which was a big steel city.

wmoz11
11-30-2013, 10:31 PM
I'm still amazed that anyone likes the NFL more than college football.

BertSquirtgum
11-30-2013, 10:35 PM
All the games today were better than every nfl game I've seen this year.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-30-2013, 11:05 PM
I missed the game but saw the ending. imo that might be themost exciting improbable play in American sports history.

TacklingDummy
11-30-2013, 11:16 PM
I missed the game but saw the ending. imo that might be themost exciting improbable play in American sports history.

MCM :poop:

imbondz
11-30-2013, 11:28 PM
I'm still amazed that anyone likes the NFL more than college football.

I grew up not liking college football, but since i've moved to SEC country, I've grown to love it.

OpIv37
11-30-2013, 11:30 PM

Except for Buffalo against the Patriots with the McKelvin fumble or Buffalo against Dallas on MNF or Buffalo Against the Jets with the late fumble or Buffalo against Tennessee in the Music City Mirage or the Sabres against Dallas with skate in the crease...

YardRat
12-01-2013, 06:54 AM
Helluva game, but bummer ending for Bama fans :( There should be a lot of second-guessing some of Saban's decisions for awhile.

Novacane
12-01-2013, 07:22 AM
What a game. I bet Saban wishes he hadn't pushed for that last second to be put back on the clock. As the cameras were panning the crowd after the game to looks on the Bama fans faces were priceless. There was one little boy sobbing. I knew just how the poor kid felt. Brought back memories of a lot of Bills games lol.

tampabay25690
12-01-2013, 07:32 AM
Yea great game today!!!

MikeInRoch
12-01-2013, 07:51 AM
Except for Buffalo against the Patriots with the McKelvin fumble or Buffalo against Dallas on MNF or Buffalo Against the Jets with the late fumble or Buffalo against Tennessee in the Music City Mirage or the Sabres against Dallas with skate in the crease...

Disagree. He said improbable. When Buffalo is involved, those sorts of endings are not just probable, they are overwhelmingly likely.

ParanoidAndroid
12-01-2013, 08:52 AM

The Stanford marching band getting run over is the best D1A finish I've ever seen. This right here is plain ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7oF4ZDigjM

GvilleBills
12-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Just an amazing game.
Gonna root for Duke and MSU, cuz the thought of Florida State Rape Squad and Urban Liar playing for a National Championship makes me sick...

IlluminatusUIUC
12-01-2013, 11:46 AM
The Stanford marching band getting run over is the best D1A finish I've ever seen. This right here is plain ridiculous.

The Stanford band play is the only close contender IMO, but consider againt this Iron Bowl:
Two top 5 teams, the first time they have both been so highly rated in a half century.
It was the de facto SEC West championship game
Bama has won the last two national titles and looked well on their way to the first three-peat in the modern era.
Fiercest rivalry in college ball
Field goal was only attempted because an extra second was put back on the clock

And then he ties the longest play in college football history?

Unbeeeeeeeeeeeeelievable

OpIv37
12-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Disagree. He said improbable. When Buffalo is involved, those sorts of endings are not just probable, they are overwhelmingly likely.

Touché.

MidnightVoice
12-01-2013, 11:55 AM
The game was played at Legion Field in Birmingham for years which was a big steel city.

Birmingham was founded in 1871, during the post-Civil War Reconstruction period, through the merger of three pre-existing farm towns, notably, former Elyton. It grew from there, annexing many more of its smaller neighbors, into an industrial and railroad transportation center with a focus on mining, the iron and steel industry, and railroading. Birmingham was named for Birmingham, United Kingdom, one of the UK's major industrial cities. Many, if not most, of the original settlers who founded Birmingham were of English ancestry. In one writer's view, the city was planned as a place where cheap, non-unionized, and African-American labor from rural Alabama could be employed in the city's steel mills and blast furnaces, giving it a competitive advantage over industrial cities in the Midwest and Northeast

ServoBillieves
12-01-2013, 12:00 PM
One of the most impressive wins I've ever seen in any sport. That was a heads up coaching decision and a great play by Davis

imbondz
12-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Flutie's BC miracle finish is the best ending to a college game ever. This Iron Bowl is right up there tho

The Jokeman
12-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Home Run throwup memories is what flooded my mind when saw that play yesterday. I'd hate to be an Alabama fan but at the same time they've won a few titles so it might not be as painful for them to take then it was for us.