PDA

View Full Version : I hope JAX smokes us next week

Skooby
12-01-2013, 06:28 PM
They win & we have a chance at a high draft pick, play our 3rd stringers & get us some real men out there.

Novacane
12-01-2013, 06:29 PM
It's Tampa and don't worry they are going to smoke us

Crisis
12-01-2013, 06:30 PM
we're going to obliterate them now that the game means nothing. typical bills

sudzy
12-01-2013, 06:30 PM

Big in meaningless games

Jry44
12-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Not sure what you're smoking, we don't play them next week.

SpikedLemonade
12-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Big in meaningless games

Homer Talk: "But...but...but...winning now will carry into next season. We have to establish a winning culture...Also Bass Pro is going to hire everyone in Buffalo.."

- - - Updated - - -

Big in meaningless games

Homer Talk: "But...but...but...winning now will carry into next season. We have to establish a winning culture...Also Bass Pro is going to hire everyone in Buffalo.."

SquishDaFish
12-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Um we dont play them next Skooby. Get your head out of your ass

Crisis
12-01-2013, 06:49 PM
With our luck we're going to leave Tampa with a loss (or a meaningless win for whatever side of the coin you're on) and MRSA

Ingtar33
12-01-2013, 07:08 PM
yep. gonna win out... miss the playoffs by a tiebreaker, and land a 16th overall dud.

welcome to bills football circa 1999-??

JoeMama
12-01-2013, 07:17 PM
Come on, Mitch.

You live in Naples. How do you confuse Tampa and Jax?

Uncle Jesse
12-02-2013, 08:28 AM
Meh, don't really care about draft position at this point. I'd rather the team win, especially Manuel, and gain some more experience. I think it's better for us in the long term for these young guys to win games right now.

Plus, our biggest needs; OL, LB, CB, WR, TE can all be had in the middle of the first anyway, we don't need to be top 5 for that.

Historian
12-02-2013, 09:30 AM

No.They will probably lose to Jax and Tampa, then knock the snot out of Miami, as the game will be blacked out.

The final FU to the fans for Christmas!

gebobs
12-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Not sure what you're smoking, we don't play them next week.

Well...I could interpret the Tampa game being this week and the Jagoffs being next week...and let's not forget that there is fundamentally no difference between the two teams this year as regards Mitch's point (i.e. frustration bordering on climbing the clock tower with a scoped rifle).

But points for picayune. All around.

Luisito23
12-02-2013, 11:40 AM
I think it's better for us in the long term for these young guys to win games right now.

LOL...How many more decades is it going to take for people to stop believing that lie?

feldspar
12-02-2013, 12:06 PM
No.They will probably lose to Jax and Tampa, then knock the snot out of Miami, as the game will be blacked out.

The final FU to the fans for Christmas!

Your avatar: "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly." Classic.

justasportsfan
12-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Unfortunately, the bills are pissed. They will smoke Tampa.

bills_7
12-02-2013, 12:17 PM
I hope we win

feldspar
12-02-2013, 12:18 PM
LOL...How many more decades is it going to take for people to stop believing that lie?

It's not a lie. The worse your team plays, the worse they ARE in reality, and that means they have a lot of work to do. Losing (especially to bad teams) reflects that, although I don't think the Bills are nearly as bad as their record would indicate. I think they have a lot of pieces in place.

Why, do want to lose out for a better draft pick? That's the myth. The Bills have been picking high for years and years, and look where it's gotten them. People act like getting a higher draft pick guarantees a great player or something, and that's not true...it's still hit and miss. I can never see rooting against my team, but I can see how losing a bunch of games would be advantageous if it means being in a position to draft the rare "can't miss" potential franchise QB. The Bills won't do that.

Hoping we lose is stupid. That's a loser's mentality. We lose, and it will hardly change our future, really. Kiko Alonso is up for rookie of the year, and he was picked in the second round.

The Beef
12-02-2013, 12:27 PM
I don't see the team rolling up and dying.

They have been flat in one game, Pittsburgh. That seemed to be more of EJ being behind the speed of the game and tentative coming off of an injury.

The defense will want to rebound and I think our pass rush will make Glennon look like a rookie.

The draft position does not matter. We aren't drafting a QB even if we drafted first overall and I would rather see EJ develop and win as much as possible. He needs confidence, going into a Geno Smith tailspin isn't going to help.

Playing for pride sucks this time of the year, some type of culture of winning needs to be built. Betting hosed and losing the last 5 games of the year wouldn't help that. We aren't getting a new coach and vet QB like KC did next year. We got a rookie HC and rookie QB who need to establish themselves as winners. Finishing 8-8 wouldn't do that, but it build a lot more confidence then going into a tailspin and getting your ass kicked the last month of the season.