Who Will Make the Play-offs First -- The Bills or The Sabres?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haile SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Who Will Make the Play-offs First -- The Bills or The Sabres?

I think the Sabres are 5 years away and I was thinking the Bills were 2 more years away however that may be too optimistic.

I am still hoping that the eventual new ownership for the Bills will make a positive difference.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Who Will Make the Play-offs First -- The Bills or The Sabres?

If you held a gun to my head I'd say the Bills. If they get rid of the dead wood and have another good draft they can turn the corner. I don't know about Marone though so who knows. I wish he'd showed more fire. I want to see him pissed off after a game like today.

Comment

• Crisis
      • Aug 2004

The Sabres easily.

Easier to make it in the NHL and the Sabres at least have a direction, and an owner who isn't selling off home games.
      Originally posted by LOSman WINS
      Vanek is Austrian not European
      Originally posted by Prov401
      Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
      Originally posted by better days
      I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
        • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Crisis View Post
        The Sabres easily.

Easier to make it in the NHL and the Sabres at least have a direction, and an owner who isn't selling off home games.
        The NHL Salary Cap is about to go up big over the next 5 years. Will the Sabres owner spend to the cap? So far his choices for management have been bad.

Comment

• bills_7
          TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
          • Mar 2004

Sabres and leafs will prbly win a cup too

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

Sabres easily.

Their owner is still under 100.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
              The NHL Salary Cap is about to go up big over the next 5 years. Will the Sabres owner spend to the cap? So far his choices for management have been bad.
              He will have to some degree. There is a cap floor in the new CBA and the team has ditched anyone with significant salaries except Miller and Leino, and Miller's contract expires after this season (although he'll likely get moved before that).
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

sabres.

Their owner cares about buffalo, is looking to make the hockey team of the build out of more hockey in the area and is willing to get it wrong at times in the hopes of getting it right. he is attempting to build a winner and play all his home games in the town that pays him the most for it. Additionally, for a team to miss the playoffs 14 years in the NHL would take skill seeing that half of the east teams get in.

the bills, on the other hand, don't care about football. they don't care about the city. They don't care about their players. They care that ralph, russ, and littman get their bonuses. and that sometimes means shipping games away. sometimes it means cutting a player. Sometimes it means sticking with a useless coach past his due date. sometimes it means trying to spice things up by partaking in marketing gimmicks like TO. The bills don't want to be in buffalo AR (after ralph), and there are few people who will want to pay the price and then keep them in a market that won't churn the profit needed.

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

I think the Bills make the playoffs after next season. I think it's going to take the new regime in the Sabres to get untracked, so I'll say the Bills.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                  X