PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Make the Play-offs First -- The Bills or The Sabres?

SpikedLemonade
12-01-2013, 06:41 PM
I think the Sabres are 5 years away and I was thinking the Bills were 2 more years away however that may be too optimistic.

I am still hoping that the eventual new ownership for the Bills will make a positive difference.

Novacane
12-01-2013, 06:44 PM
If you held a gun to my head I'd say the Bills. If they get rid of the dead wood and have another good draft they can turn the corner. I don't know about Marone though so who knows. I wish he'd showed more fire. I want to see him pissed off after a game like today.

Crisis
12-01-2013, 06:45 PM
The Sabres easily.

Easier to make it in the NHL and the Sabres at least have a direction, and an owner who isn't selling off home games.

SpikedLemonade
12-01-2013, 06:54 PM
The Sabres easily.

Easier to make it in the NHL and the Sabres at least have a direction, and an owner who isn't selling off home games.

The NHL Salary Cap is about to go up big over the next 5 years. Will the Sabres owner spend to the cap? So far his choices for management have been bad.

bills_7
12-02-2013, 10:04 AM
Sabres and leafs will prbly win a cup too

Historian
12-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Sabres easily.

Their owner is still under 100.

OpIv37
12-02-2013, 10:08 AM
The NHL Salary Cap is about to go up big over the next 5 years. Will the Sabres owner spend to the cap? So far his choices for management have been bad.

He will have to some degree. There is a cap floor in the new CBA and the team has ditched anyone with significant salaries except Miller and Leino, and Miller's contract expires after this season (although he'll likely get moved before that).

trapezeus
12-02-2013, 10:40 AM
sabres.

Their owner cares about buffalo, is looking to make the hockey team of the build out of more hockey in the area and is willing to get it wrong at times in the hopes of getting it right. he is attempting to build a winner and play all his home games in the town that pays him the most for it. Additionally, for a team to miss the playoffs 14 years in the NHL would take skill seeing that half of the east teams get in.

the bills, on the other hand, don't care about football. they don't care about the city. They don't care about their players. They care that ralph, russ, and littman get their bonuses. and that sometimes means shipping games away. sometimes it means cutting a player. Sometimes it means sticking with a useless coach past his due date. sometimes it means trying to spice things up by partaking in marketing gimmicks like TO. The bills don't want to be in buffalo AR (after ralph), and there are few people who will want to pay the price and then keep them in a market that won't churn the profit needed.

TigerJ
12-02-2013, 11:44 AM
I think the Bills make the playoffs after next season. I think it's going to take the new regime in the Sabres to get untracked, so I'll say the Bills.