PDA

View Full Version : X's quick post game head explosion

X-Era
12-01-2013, 06:42 PM
1) Stevie is a slot receiver and that's it. Love him but he's probably over paid for what he is and WR is squarely on the needs list. We have Robert Woods on one side and nothing on the other. Goodwin is a #3 at best and hasn't even really shown that.

2) Good-bye Chandler. You're a UFA after this year, you've done very little in this offense and you don't fit our fast paced style. Expect TE to be high on the needs list.

3) Playoffs are not happening. Now it's time to focus on what we need now.

4) As much as I like Nickel Robey he again showed that you shouldn't have UDFA's playing important minutes. A vet may not have grabbed the jersey that way.

5) This game was not on EJ. In the two critical plays he delivered the ball. He didn't cause the fumbles.

6) Two long attempts from inside your own 20 in the same set of downs is stupid.

Going forward:

1) We need a LG
2) We need another legit starting WR. Woods on one side, Stevie in the slot, and a guy Like Sammy Watkins on the other side.
3) I'd let Tashard Choice talk a way and get someone like Carlos Hyde in a mid round. Bruiser up the middle with upside when Freddie retires.
4) CB is on the needs list. But I want a guy with experience.
5) We need a receiving TE. At this point I'd either go Eric Ebron or Sammy Watkins in the 1st round. Possibly Khalil Mack.

Thurmal
12-01-2013, 06:44 PM
EJ had two game-winning drives in a matter of four minutes, but he had a buffalo on his helmet, so it all went to ****.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-01-2013, 06:44 PM
wow. you are lot more calm and rational than me right now. props.

jdaltroy5
12-01-2013, 06:47 PM
It shouldn't have even come down to that.

EJ HAD to have some sustained drives to kill some of that clock and he didn't.

He threw the ball into the other guy's hands twice in the fourth quarter.

I like his poise with the game on the line (by far his best stretch), but he's got to be able to kill that clock.

Jry44
12-01-2013, 06:52 PM

I like his poise with the game on the line (by far his best stretch), but he's got to be able to kill that clock.

Right on the money! We had TWO three and outs with a lead with less than 10 minutes left. If you leave a game hanging in the balance for a qb like Matt Ryan to take he's eventually going to snatch it. And he did.

kingJofNYC
12-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Jace Amaro or Sammy Watkins please, or get some balls for a change and trade future picks for both.

Keenan Allen was taken a couple of spots ahead us in the 3rd round, grow a pair and move the **** up. Guy had serious talent and it's showing, yet we stood still, we only move up for quality talent like TJ Graham....hahaha

X-Era
12-01-2013, 07:22 PM

? Seriously?

Maybe if two guys didn't fumble the drives would have been sustained... Ridiculous.

jdaltroy5
12-01-2013, 07:26 PM
? Seriously?

Maybe if two guys didn't fumble the drives would have been sustained... Ridiculous.
Yeah, seriously.

Of course the fumbles were a bigger reason why we lost, but EJ did not play well today. He missed a lot of throws and couldn't sustain a drive in the 4th quarter.

It seems like we were pinned behind our own ten yard line for the last 10 minutes.

You knew it was just a matter of time before Atlanta scored.

TacklingDummy
12-01-2013, 07:28 PM
? Seriously?

I think he's talking about the 11 drives that were 5 plays or less.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-01-2013, 07:30 PM
I think he's talking about the 11 drives that were 5 plays or less.

yea, in fairness, two of those drives were touchdowns

X-Era
12-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Yeah, seriously.

Of course the fumbles were a bigger reason why we lost, but EJ did not play well today. He missed a lot of throws and couldn't sustain a drive in the 4th quarter.

It seems like we were pinned behind our own ten yard line for the last 10 minutes.

You knew it was just a matter of time before Atlanta scored.

Ridiculous.

Ignore the elephant in the room and look for the mouse.

EJ put the ball in the hands of two guys who both had monsterous first downs to put us in a place to win and in both cases they fumbled it.

EJ didn't lose this game. This is yet another example of trying to pin losses on our QB.

Did he play his best game? Nope. He missed many passes. Of course he also was asked to throw long on many stupid plays too. I wouldn't waste another throw on Goodwin for the rest of the year. Nor Graham.

Buffalo Thriller
RT and LG are big needs. Round 1-2 TE and OL

TacklingDummy
yea, in fairness, two of those drives were touchdowns
Sometimes you can score too quickly.

kscdogbillsfan1221
no, three actually i think

X-Era
12-01-2013, 07:32 PM
I think he's talking about the 11 drives that were 5 plays or less.I'm not saying EJ was stellar today. I'm saying the loss was not his fault.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-01-2013, 07:34 PM
Sometimes you can score too quickly.

ok, now you're being beyond ridiculous. that was not the case in either of those three touchdowns

TacklingDummy
12-01-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm not saying EJ was stellar today. I'm saying the loss was not his fault.
Agreed he didn't lose the game.
Didn't do much to help win it either.

jdaltroy5
12-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Ridiculous.

Ignore the elephant in the room and look for the mouse.

EJ put the ball in the hands os two guys who both had monsterous first downs to put us in a place to win and in both cases they fumbled it.

EJ didn't lose this game. This is yet another example of trying to pin losses on our QB.

Did he play his best game? Nope. He missed many passes. Of course he also was asked to throw long on many stupid plays too. I wouldn't waste another throw on Goodwin for the rest of the year. Nor Graham.Again, I'm not saying he's the biggest reason for the loss. Clearly the fumbles were a bigger reason.

And AGAIN, I'm saying it should not have come down to that.

They had the game in their hands with 10 minutes left in the 4th and they mustered up less than 10 total yards of offense on two drives. Not to mention a delay of game on third down.

jdaltroy5
12-01-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm not saying EJ was stellar today. I'm saying the loss was not his fault.I don't think a loss is ever really one person's fault.

I would lay blame in the following order:

1: Stevie
2: Chandler
3: Defense
4: EJ
5: Refs

X-Era
12-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Again, I'm not saying he's the biggest reason for the loss. Clearly the fumbles were a bigger reason.

And AGAIN, I'm saying it should not have come down to that.

They had the game in their hands with 10 minutes left in the 4th and they mustered up less than 10 total yards of offense on two drives. Not to mention a delay of game on third down.

And so the defense had no part in the loss? With stupid penalties and several key third downs?

It's a team game man. But the biggest faults go to the fumblers.

Mace
12-01-2013, 08:18 PM
Agreed he didn't lose the game.
Didn't do much to help win it either.

Except lead them on two game winning drives that were fumbled away ? That's probably a lot to do to help them win it.

None of this loss whatever is on Manuel, who pretty much did a lot to help them win it by putting them in scoring position with less than a minute in regulation and right off the bat in OT.

Clock killing possessions require an OC meaning to kill clock, btw. That's not on Manuel either.

jdaltroy5
12-01-2013, 08:23 PM
And so the defense had no part in the loss? With stupid penalties and several key third downs?

It's a team game man. But the biggest faults go to the fumblers.Of course they do.

See my above post.

psubills62
12-01-2013, 10:08 PM
TE was a need this year.

Needs:
Tier 1: OG, TE, CB, S
Tier 2: QB, OLB, WR, OT, RB
Tier 3: DT, DE

TacklingDummy
12-01-2013, 10:14 PM
Another example stats don't mean crap, Kiko Alonso had the most tackles this game with 13.

BertSquirtgum
12-01-2013, 11:02 PM
I don't think a loss is ever really one person's fault.

I would lay blame in the following order:

1: Stevie
2: Chandler
3: Defense
4: EJ
5: Refs

I think Chandler should be first.

BertSquirtgum
12-01-2013, 11:05 PM
TE was a need this year.

Needs:
Tier 1: OG, TE, CB, S
Tier 2: QB, OLB, WR, OT, RB
Tier 3: DT, DE

Right tackle should be before OG.

alohabillsfan
12-02-2013, 06:17 AM
Tier 1 head coach and offensive coordinator
Tier 2 #1 WR, OL and TE
Tier 3 CB and LB

Bam playoffs

GingerP
12-02-2013, 06:30 AM
I'm not saying EJ was stellar today. I'm saying the loss was not his fault.

I'd agree that EJ isn't pooping his diaper in the manner of a guy like Geno Smith. He hasn't been that terrible.

However, his scatter-shot accuracy continues to be a concern. That makes me wonder if he can be their long-term solution at QB. There are things he has done this year I like, but he completion percentage keeps dropping, down to 58.2% after this game, and I think the #1 thing a QB needs to be is accurate.

Historian
12-02-2013, 06:36 AM
I think Chandler should be first.

I disagree.

If Johnson holds onto the ball, we kick a FG and win in the last minute.

BertSquirtgum
12-02-2013, 06:13 PM
but he didn't actually cost them the game. Chandler 100% guaranteed a loss.

BillsFever21
12-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Right on the money! We had TWO three and outs with a lead with less than 10 minutes left. If you leave a game hanging in the balance for a qb like Matt Ryan to take he's eventually going to snatch it. And he did.

I saw a stat on TV today that the Bills are the worse in the league in this area. They have the highest percentage of 3 and outs while holding a lead then any other team in the NFL.

BillsFever21
12-02-2013, 07:10 PM
but he didn't actually cost them the game. Chandler 100% guaranteed a loss.

Johnson's fumbled lead more to the loss then Chandler's even though both of them were horrible. If Johnson holds onto the ball then we're kicking a 47 yard FG to try and win the game. If Chandler holds onto the ball we still need to gain yards before we can even get a FG and without a TD then the Falcons still have a chance to beat us. The way our defense was playing there wasn't any guarantee in stopping them from getting a FG let alone a TD.

clumping platelets
12-03-2013, 12:49 AM
1) Stevie is a slot receiver and that's it. Love him but he's probably over paid for what he is and WR is squarely on the needs list. We have Robert Woods on one side and nothing on the other. Goodwin is a #3 at best and hasn't even really shown that.

2) Good-bye Chandler. You're a UFA after this year, you've done very little in this offense and you don't fit our fast paced style. Expect TE to be high on the needs list.

3) Playoffs are not happening. Now it's time to focus on what we need now.

4) As much as I like Nickel Robey he again showed that you shouldn't have UDFA's playing important minutes. A vet may not have grabbed the jersey that way.

5) This game was not on EJ. In the two critical plays he delivered the ball. He didn't cause the fumbles.

6) Two long attempts from inside your own 20 in the same set of downs is stupid.

Going forward:

1) We need a LG
2) We need another legit starting WR. Woods on one side, Stevie in the slot, and a guy Like Sammy Watkins on the other side.
3) I'd let Tashard Choice talk a way and get someone like Carlos Hyde in a mid round. Bruiser up the middle with upside when Freddie retires.
4) CB is on the needs list. But I want a guy with experience.
5) We need a receiving TE. At this point I'd either go Eric Ebron or Sammy Watkins in the 1st round. Possibly Khalil Mack.

We need RT as much as LG. We also have a high need for more DL depth

Night Train
12-03-2013, 06:25 AM
Great post...but you could put Hogan in the slot and find a tall WR. Stevie has too many mulligans in big moments. You CANNOT depend on him and therefore his salary is unjustified. Stats don't mean a thing when you make monster mistakes in the clutch.

Goodbye Stevie and Chandler. You cannot help your new coach win going forward.

justasportsfan
12-03-2013, 09:24 AM

Did you expect our pass game from every receiver to TE to flourish in a first year of rebuild + musical chairs with practically rookie qb's?

I wouldn't get rid of anyone just yet until the QB situation is settled. Chandler has decent nos. inpite of the qb rotation.

justasportsfan
12-03-2013, 09:28 AM
Ridiculous.

I wouldn't waste another throw on Goodwin for the rest of the year. Nor Graham.

Talk about riduculous. That post is. You would have given up on Moulds based on your post. Expecting instant chemistry with EJ who has been in and out of the line up is ridiculous. It's not fair to give up EJ or on Goodwin and TJ either because Tuel and Thad seems to find them.

justasportsfan
12-03-2013, 09:38 AM
Goodbye Stevie and Chandler. You cannot help your new coach win going forward.

With all due respect , Stevie and Chandler thrived with Fitz at qb so you have to wonder if the unsettled (injuries) qb position this year hampered everyones chemistry in the passing game. IMO, it did.

bills_7
12-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Do you all still get really mad when we lose? or are u just numb to it and it almost feels natural at this point

bills_7
12-03-2013, 06:35 PM
With all due respect , Stevie and Chandler thrived with Fitz at qb so you have to wonder if the unsettled (injuries) qb position this year hampered everyones chemistry in the passing game. IMO, it did.

I think chandler has played well this year not sure why a lot of people are so fast to give him a hard time or to replace him