PDA

View Full Version : Jason Peters was right... "Thanks for nothing, Toronto."

JoeMama
12-01-2013, 06:53 PM
We'll get no succor in that dump of a facility, especially with that fan base.

The field is garbage. The fans might as well be at a preseason game, milling around listless and drunk. We've won, what, maybe 1 game since this whole mess started?

It's a liability.

But hey, it makes money!

And we even had a celebrity at the game. Toronto mayor and possessed cabbage patch doll, Rob Ford.

Jason Peters was right from the get-go.

WagonCircler
12-01-2013, 06:54 PM
We'll get no succor in that dump of a facility, especially with that fan base.

The field is garbage. The fans might as well be at a preseason game, milling around listless and drunk. We've won, what, maybe 1 game since this whole mess started?

It's a liability.

But hey, it makes money!

And we even had a celebrity at the game. Toronto mayor and possessed cabbage patch doll, Rob Ford.

Jason Peters was right from the get-go.

I'm pretty sure I agree.

But I don't know what succor is.

JoeMama
12-01-2013, 06:56 PM
I'm pretty sure I agree.

It's not a word worth knowing, trust me.

black N yellow
12-01-2013, 07:00 PM
I'm convinced that the people who do attend these games..aside from Bills fans...are Leafs fans who cheer for whoever we are playing against.

Thurmal
12-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Buffalo would've won that game by double-digits at RICH Stadium.

WagonCircler
12-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Buffalo would've won that game by double-digits at RICH Stadium.

Well, yeah. Fred Smerlas would have dominated and Bobby Chandler wouldn't have fumbled.

Thurmal
12-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Well, yeah. Fred Smerlas would have dominated and Bobby Chandler wouldn't have fumbled.
I refuse to call it "The Ralph." It is pretty fitting, though, because most of the time the Bills make me want to puke.

jdaltroy5
12-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Where is this money going anyway?

The TV contracts pay for the players' salaries.

Pretty sure they aren't paying anything for the stadium.

I could understand if that money helped to make the team viable and tipped the scales into the black, but I think it's just goes on top of the pile.

SpikedLemonade
12-01-2013, 07:27 PM

I could understand if that money helped to make the team viable and tipped the scales into the black, but I think it's just goes on top of the pile.

I said that loud and clear when the Bills signed the deal with Rogers.

I said that Ralph will pocket the money and not spend it on player, coach or management salaries.

I was told that Ralph would invest the money into the team.

Instead what has happened is that Ralph found a way to make money from Toronto that he cannot make in Buffalo because there are not enough wealthy corporations in Buffalo to support a NFL team.

You would think that Buffalo based fans would say thank you to Toronto to allow their owner to make the kind of money he thinks he deserves even though he put the team in Buffalo (not his first choice), but instead Toronto is the target of their anger.

Of course, those hypocrites left the City of Buffalo for the most part long ago for greener pastures.

WagonCircler
12-01-2013, 07:32 PM
I refuse to call it "The Ralph." It is pretty fitting, though, because most of the time the Bills make me want to puke.

Couldn't resist. I think they should revise the Shout song. "The Bills make me wanna PUKE! Hold my hair back and, crane my neck back and--don't get any puke on my shoes--hey yeah yeah, PUKE...."

JoeMama
12-01-2013, 07:35 PM

I said that Ralph will pocket the money and not spend it on player, coach or management salaries.

Instead what has happened is that Ralph found a way to make money from Toronto that he cannot make in Buffalo because there are not enough wealthy corporations in Buffalo to support a NFL team.

You would think that Buffalo based fans would say thank you to Toronto to allow their owner to make the kind of money he thinks he deserves even though he put the team in Buffalo (not his first choice), but instead Toronto is the target of their anger.

Of course, those hypocrites left the City of Buffalo for the most part long ago for greener pastures.

By whom?

Toronto is a lousy football city but it's hardly to blame for the Bills woes.

I make fun of TO, but it's not like Ralph Wilson and his army of sycophants are getting a free pass here.

This was a business deal that benefits one person... and destroys a scrappy western NY city.

IAG
12-01-2013, 07:50 PM
Sacrilege to have games in Toronto. If that is at RWS, we win.

Mace
12-01-2013, 08:36 PM
I'm convinced that the people who do attend these games..aside from Bills fans...are Leafs fans who cheer for whoever we are playing against.

Wood said it last year. They cheer for plays, don't care who is making them. Finally realized he's right.

cookie G
12-01-2013, 08:37 PM

Don't ask the Ho where she spends your money. It isn't polite.

GingerP
12-02-2013, 06:20 AM

Yeah, I had to look it up as well. I think he even used it right, too. Pretty impressive use of language in a message-board post.

Historian
12-02-2013, 06:40 AM
Sacrilege to have games in Toronto. If that is at RWS, we win.

Probably, although there was no wind yesterday, and it was 42 degrees.

I've seen them blow enough 14-0 leads at home to know better than to blame it on the stadium....or the crowd.

One was to the Falcons in 1980.

coastal
12-02-2013, 07:16 AM

It's the biggest reason Russ Brandon got the promotion he did.

trapezeus
12-02-2013, 08:31 AM
39k in attendance? do they need more proof that not all big cities need or want football? keep the bills in buffalo...build them the stadium now and build it in downtown. it is our product that should benefit our city.

WagonCircler
12-02-2013, 10:16 AM
39k in attendance? do they need more proof that not all big cities need or want football? keep the bills in buffalo...build them the stadium now and build it in downtown. it is our product that should benefit our city.

It's an embarrassment. I'm pretty sure there are marching band competitions at the Ralph that draw more fans.

Mr. Pink
12-02-2013, 10:25 AM

Maybe they should price the tickets better for what is usually a poor matchup.

Or maybe they should pick a better team to schedule that matchup against so people will want to show up and see.

It's never going to be a home game as the game is at a neutral site where people will only care about seeing "good" football.

Let's face it, the Bills haven't played good football in over a decade.

jdaltroy5
12-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Would you spend $200 to watch the Jays play the Astros in September when both teams are already out of it?

SpikedLemonade
12-02-2013, 10:41 AM
Maybe they should price the tickets better for what is usually a poor matchup.

They dramatically reduced the prices for yesterday's game compared to the prices over the 1st 5 years of the deal.

I would venture to think that 95% of the tickets for yesterday's game were purchased before the season started or very early in the season.

Who wants to watch a 2-9 and 4-7 team play?

cookie G
12-02-2013, 12:20 PM
They dramatically reduced the prices for yesterday's game compared to the prices over the 1st 5 years of the deal.

I would venture to think that 95% of the tickets for yesterday's game were purchased before the season started or very early in the season.

Who wants to watch a 2-9 and 4-7 team play?

That why it would be soooo cool for the Torontarians to get an expansion franchise...and watch them lose for a few seasons.

There will be crickets in the stands by the 2nd half of season two.

But we will support an NFL franchise!!!

As long as we're winning

Mr. Pink
12-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Nah, they'd sell out the first 3-5 years. Then ticket sales would plummet if the team was bad and there would be blackouts.

They'd have high season ticket numbers to start off though as does any expansion franchise.

And as most teams start to suck for years, their sell out numbers start dwindling. Hell, that even happens here in Buffalo.

SpikedLemonade
12-02-2013, 12:57 PM
That why it would be soooo cool for the Torontarians to get an expansion franchise...and watch them lose for a few seasons.

There will be crickets in the stands by the 2nd half of season two.

But we will support an NFL franchise!!!

As long as we're winning

It would be great if Toronto got a brand new franchise or a team other than the Bills relocated there.

Given that now 20% of Bills tickets are sold to Southern Ontario residents, how long would the Bills survive?

jdaltroy5
12-02-2013, 01:40 PM
It would be great if Toronto got a brand new franchise or a team other than the Bills relocated there.

Given that now 20% of Bills tickets are sold to Southern Ontario residents, how long would the Bills survive?
If Toronto wants an NFL franchise, they would have to do it right.

They would have to allow tailgating, the tickets would have to be reasonably priced, and there would have to be access to the GO train, TTC, and a major highway.

cookie G
12-02-2013, 02:25 PM

Now don't be bitter...

You're part of a thriving metropolis full of good, decent people..

Its just not a football town, as both you and Troy acknowledged in this thread.

You can't be everything.

Historian
12-03-2013, 08:14 AM
The Bills would be fine with a new stadium that seats proportionally to the population.

This is the NFL's 2nd smallest market, yet we have had to sell between 73 and 80 thousand seats for forty years!

Of course there are going to be blackouts from time to time, especially in the bad weather.

I would also like to see some demographic information as well. Are the canadian fans all coming from Toronto, or are the bulk of them coming from just across the river in NF and Ft Erie, both of which would be Buffalo suburbs had we no river.

coastal
12-04-2013, 06:12 AM
It's an embarrassment. I'm pretty sure there are marching band competitions at the Ralph that draw more fans.
Marching band rules!

Mace
12-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Would you spend $200 to watch the Jays play the Astros in September when both teams are already out of it?

Honestly, yes. I always loved the Jays. I remember being excited when they got Otto Velez in the expansion draft. Hated the Yankees. Won a huge bet Toronto'd win a World Series in the 90's with a friend then doubled it when I told him half seriously "two in a row, pal". Loved them at 56-88 two years later and at 67-94 11 years later. People I used to work with were mostly Yankees, sprinkling of Mets, I was all about my Jays. A baseball game is a different experience though.