PDA

View Full Version : Falcons safety looked into crowd and began wondering whether he was back home in ATL

Mr. Cynical
12-02-2013, 01:22 AM
This. has. got. to. stop. I mean seriously, either the FO is completely full of idiots or they literally just don't care. You can't ignore comments like this and not be one or the other.

Falcons safety William Moore (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12530/william-moore) looked into the crowd in Toronto and began wondering whether he was back home in Atlanta. The domed setting was certainly familiar. And so were the numerous Falcons jerseys that dotted the crowd of the Rogers Centre.

"The crazy part is we had a lot of support here," Moore said, noting he even saw someone wearing his No. 25 jersey. "It didn't feel like we were in Canada."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=331201002

Crisis
12-02-2013, 01:37 AM
Isn't it awesome that our December home game vs a Southern dome team is played... in a dome in a different country?

Who needs home field advantage anyways..

Historian
12-02-2013, 04:44 AM
Quite sad.

Novacane
12-02-2013, 05:14 AM
I go with they just don't care. Money is most important.

bills_7
12-02-2013, 10:08 AM
They should at the very least open dome or play the game end September or early October

WagonCircler
12-02-2013, 10:09 AM
either the FO is completely full of idiots

We have a winner. Please, no more calls.

jdaltroy5
12-02-2013, 10:18 AM
So not only are those *******s in Toronto cheering AGAINST the Bills, now they're taking it further and buying the other team's merchandise?

What jerks.

imbondz
12-02-2013, 10:52 AM
It's more sad that we can't fill a Stadium 3 hours away with more fans than a team 20 hours away

trapezeus
12-02-2013, 10:59 AM
why would our fans pay 3-4x more to go travel 3 hours away when they don't have to.

Atlanta fans with flight, the excitement of going to a different town, and cheaper tickets than they could get in atlanta, find it fun to go up for a weekend.

i don't think it says anything about bills fans. in some ways, the deal is so idiotic only a fair weather fan in toronto would show up. "hey, they are playing in our backyard? ok, i'll go". This guy doesn't know the price is significantly cheaper in buffalo and or does want to travel 3 hours.

the fact the NFL doesn't care about the towns they operate in is pathetic as well. they are happy to go to large cities and ask and push for new stadium deals that are 10 years old, but they won't do **** for buffalo.

the writing is on the wall that the NFL doesn't care about us. And no coach ever harnessed that for us against the world.

imbondz
12-02-2013, 11:02 AM
no, I'm saying I would think we'd have more fans just 3 hours away from Buffalo in general, and should fill that stadium. Not that Buffalo/Rochester fans should be traveling

jdaltroy5
12-02-2013, 11:06 AM
no, I'm saying I would think we'd have more fans just 3 hours away from Buffalo in general, and should fill that stadium. Not that Buffalo/Rochester fans should be travelingYou guys don't seem to get it.

Why should the people of Toronto cheer for the Bills?

How many people in Buffalo cheer for the Jays or the Raptors?

imbondz
12-02-2013, 11:16 AM
You guys don't seem to get it.

That's not it either. Canada doesn't have an NFL team. You'd have to say, if the Toronto Argonauts played a game at the Ralph, against whoever the heck they play in Canada, The stadium would lean towards cheering for Toronto. Or something closer to that scenario.

jdaltroy5
12-02-2013, 11:23 AM
That's not it either. Canada doesn't have an NFL team. You'd have to say, if the Toronto Argonauts played a game at the Ralph, against whoever the heck they play in Canada, The stadium would lean towards cheering for Toronto. Or something closer to that scenario.Except you might cheer for the Argos because no one in Buffalo has any CFL allegiance. People in Toronto already HAVE an NFL allegiance. And most of them don't cheer for the Bills.

The Bills are just another team in Toronto. They are actually less popular than teams like the Cowboys, Steelers, Patriots, and Packers.

I play touch football on the weekends with my buddies and every single one of them has their own team that they cheer for. I'm the only one that cheers for the Bills. Hell, every Sunday and Monday, my facebook feed is clogged with Lions, or Falcons, or Colts crap that I don't care about.

imbondz
12-02-2013, 11:28 AM
And Buffalo doesn't have a professional baseball or basketball team, yet no one in Buffalo cheers for the Jays or Raptors just because they're the closest.

The Bills are just another team in Toronto. They are actually less popular than teams like the Cowboys, Steelers, Patriots, and Packers.

I play touch football on the weekends with my buddies and every single one of them has their own team that they cheer for. I'm the only one that cheers for the Bills. Hell, every Sunday and Monday, my facebook feed is clogged with Lions, or Falcons, or Colts crap that I don't care about.

My point is that Canada doesn't have an NFL team. We have pro Baseball and Basketball teams, so it'd be normal for Buffalo to cheer for any of those teams, not Jays or Raptors.

jdaltroy5
12-02-2013, 11:30 AM
My point is that Canada doesn't have an NFL team. We have pro Baseball and Basketball teams, so it'd be normal for Buffalo to cheer for any of those teams, not Jays or Raptors.
I know, I changed my post to reflect that.

But Buffalo doesn't have any professional baseball or basketball teams. Why don't you cheer for the Jays or the Raptors? Toronto is the closest.

imbondz
12-02-2013, 11:42 AM
I grew up in Rochester, and I actually used to cheer for the Blue Jays when they didn't play my team, we would go there to see games, instead of NYC cuz it was closer.

jdaltroy5
12-02-2013, 12:00 PM
I grew up in Rochester, and I actually used to cheer for the Blue Jays when they didn't play my team, we would go there to see games, instead of NYC cuz it was closer.
What do you mean, didn't play YOUR team? The Jays are the closest, so therefore they should be your team.

I think a lot of people expected this to be a toned down version of a home game for the Bills. I knew it wasn't going to be from the very start.

This was screwed up from the get go from both sides. When they first introduced it, 180,000 people entered into a lottery to get tickets for the game. Rogers thought this meant that they could just charge whatever they wanted.

As a season ticket holder, I got a call in 2008 to see if I wanted to buy tickets to the Toronto game. I was curious, so I inquired about the costs. $800. I laughed and hung up the phone. Scalpers for the exhibition game against the Steelers were going for $250.

It turned A LOT of Bills fans off. Why would I pay that much money for ONE game when I can spend that and go to EVERY game, PLUS tailgate (which Toronto doesn't have), PLUS not buy $20 beers in the stadium.

Real Bills in Toronto fans backed off of the game and never went back. THAT'S why the stadium is filled with Falcons fans or casual observers.

imbondz
12-02-2013, 12:53 PM
What do you mean, didn't play YOUR team? The Jays are the closest, so therefore they should be your team.

I think a lot of people expected this to be a toned down version of a home game for the Bills. I knew it wasn't going to be from the very start.

This was screwed up from the get go from both sides. When they first introduced it, 180,000 people entered into a lottery to get tickets for the game. Rogers thought this meant that they could just charge whatever they wanted.

As a season ticket holder, I got a call in 2008 to see if I wanted to buy tickets to the Toronto game. I was curious, so I inquired about the costs. $800. I laughed and hung up the phone. Scalpers for the exhibition game against the Steelers were going for $250.

It turned A LOT of Bills fans off. Why would I pay that much money for ONE game when I can spend that and go to EVERY game, PLUS tailgate (which Toronto doesn't have), PLUS not buy $20 beers in the stadium.

Real Bills in Toronto fans backed off of the game and never went back. THAT'S why the stadium is filled with Falcons fans or casual observers.

All Canada should be Bills fans. Period.

jdaltroy5
12-02-2013, 12:58 PM
All Canada should be Bills fans. Period.We already cheer for enough losing hockey teams.

Rockstar
12-02-2013, 01:20 PM

I'm going into my third season as a Buffalo Bisons season ticket holder. I did in fact begin cheering for the Blue Jays last season.

jdaltroy5
12-02-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm going into my third season as a Buffalo Bisons season ticket holder. I did in fact begin cheering for the Blue Jays last season.Would that have anything to do with the fact that the Bisons became the AAA team for the Jays last season?

Why didn't you cheer for the Jays before last season? They were the closest team to you geographically.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-02-2013, 02:15 PM
My thoughts:

1) At least it was an NFC team. Thank God it was not against a division opponent.
2) OBD wants two regular season games a year in Canada? Do they really want 10 road games a year?
3) I know, I know, revenue stream. However, we have got to stop playing late season games in Toronto.
3b) We should only play in Canada for an early season game, excluding the home opener, or prime time home game
4) Why are we in Canada again? We only won there in 2011. This **** needs to stop.

ServoBillieves
12-02-2013, 02:44 PM
Did no one hear the roar of applause when the Falcons kicked the OT field goal? It did feel like it was in Atlanta. Itd pathetic to have games in Toronto or England for money when you have a billion dollar industry.

sudzy
12-02-2013, 03:08 PM
We already cheer for enough losing hockey teams.

So, cheering for the Bills should be right up their alley.

Mr. Pink
12-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Did no one hear the roar of applause when the Falcons kicked the OT field goal? It did feel like it was in Atlanta. Itd pathetic to have games in Toronto or England for money when you have a billion dollar industry.

Blame Bills fans for not taking the 2 hour drive to pack the stadium then.

If you're expecting a neutral sites fans to root for the "home" team, this experiment should have been enough of a hint that a neutral crowd has no allegiance to a team, they're just rooting for a good game.

WagonCircler
12-02-2013, 04:46 PM

no, YOU DON'T ****** get it.

It's not about Toronto or your idiot douchebag fans.

It's about the fact that the Bills shouldn't have to play an alleged home game in a hostile, away-game atmosphere, regardless of the reason for that atmosphere.

Despite what you people think, you're not the center of the universe. It's not about you.

Now, your pathetic buffoon of a mayor---that's about you.

jdaltroy5
12-02-2013, 06:09 PM
no, YOU DON'T ****** get it.

It's not about Toronto or your idiot douchebag fans.

It's about the fact that the Bills shouldn't have to play an alleged home game in a hostile, away-game atmosphere, regardless of the reason for that atmosphere.

Despite what you people think, you're not the center of the universe. It's not about you.

Now, your pathetic buffoon of a mayor---that's about you.And I've said the same thing several times. I do NOT want ANY games here. Most real Bills fans in Ontario feel the same way.

I'm simply addressing the people that keep questioning why people in Toronto weren't cheering for the Bills.

WagonCircler
12-02-2013, 06:24 PM
And I've said the same thing several times. I do NOT want ANY games here. Most real Bills fans in Ontario feel the same way.

I'm simply addressing the people that keep questioning why people in Toronto weren't cheering for the Bills.

You STILL don't get it.

People are asking why the hell we have these games in a city that hates the Bills, if this whole charade is supposed to be an outreach to cultivate Bills fans.

Instead, the FO is forcing the Bills to play in a horrible, low rent, amateur, dingy stadium full of idiots who hate the Bills. It's a circus, complete with a crack smoking ringmaster gobbling chicken wings.

We, who are questioning this annual fools errand, don't giving a flying ****-C-K who Canadians, who know next to nothing about the NFL, root for. We are questioning why the Bills have to play in this hellhole once a year.

bills_7
12-02-2013, 06:42 PM
More buffalo citizens should make the trip but I see why u may not want to

TacklingDummy
12-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Every team in the nFL should have 7 home games.

jdaltroy5
12-02-2013, 07:32 PM
You STILL don't get it.

People are asking why the hell we have these games in a city that hates the Bills, if this whole charade is supposed to be an outreach to cultivate Bills fans.

Instead, the FO is forcing the Bills to play in a horrible, low rent, amateur, dingy stadium full of idiots who hate the Bills. It's a circus, complete with a crack smoking ringmaster gobbling chicken wings.

We, who are questioning this annual fools errand, don't giving a flying ****-C-K who Canadians, who know next to nothing about the NFL, root for. We are questioning why the Bills have to play in this hellhole once a year.Really? You don't care who the Bills cheer for?

Then why do I keep reading about how Canadians are *******s and douchebags because they are cheering against the Bills?

Why do I keep reading about everyone in Toronto should be a Bills fan?

I originally posted in this thread because someone said that there should be more Bills fans in Toronto. I wasn't even talking about why the Bills shouldn't even be playing in Toronto to begin with.

Talk about a strawman.

RedEyE
12-02-2013, 07:58 PM
I was at this game. Just got back home about 2 hours ago. I can tell you all right now I wish I hadn't spent the money. The stadium sucks, thats for sure. It bows out on either side pushing the seating further away from the game and the perspective from the lower seating is terrible. Beer is $10-$11 a pint but that didn't seem to bother the douche bags in the stands.

I have been to Bills games in Atlanta, Cincy, Foxboro, Nashville, and Jacksonville and during those games never have I felt threatned or unwelcome. I can' t say the same for Toronto. There were at least 4 fights in our section and even more jawing. Supposed Falcon fans cussing at Bills fans for no particular reason. One drunk ******* (male) threatened to throw a Bills fan (female) over the ****ing edge because she wouldn't sit down and was annoying him with her horn. And the Bills fans were sparse and spread out not enough there to stick up for one another. Half the crowd didnt even show until the 2nd qrtr. It was classless and vulgar. It was the worst sporting event I have ever attended. The "tailgate" was pathetic as it was basically geared towards kids but then pitted beside beer aisles all in the middle of Front street.

- - - Updated - - -

I was at this game. Just got back home about 2 hours ago. I can tell you all right now I wish I hadn't spent the money. The stadium sucks, thats for sure. It bows out on either side pushing the seating further away from the game and the perspective from the lower seating is terrible. Beer is $10-$11 a pint but that didn't seem to bother the douche bags in the stands.

I have been to Bills games in Atlanta, Cincy, Foxboro, Nashville, and Jacksonville and during those games never have I felt threatned or unwelcome. I can' t say the same for Toronto. There were at least 4 fights in our section and even more jawing. Supposed Falcon fans cussing at Bills fans for no particular reason. One drunk ******* (male) threatened to throw a Bills fan (female) over the ****ing edge because she wouldn't sit down and was annoying him with her horn. And the Bills fans were sparse and spread out not enough there to stick up for one another. Half the crowd didnt even show until the 2nd qrtr. It was classless and vulgar. It was the worst sporting event I have ever attended. The "tailgate" was pathetic as it was basically geared towards kids but then pitted beside beer aisles all in the middle of Front street.

imbondz
12-02-2013, 08:16 PM

that sucks Redeye.

Mouldsie
12-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Well, at least we have Malcolm Gladwell

BillsFever21
12-02-2013, 08:18 PM
My thoughts:

1) At least it was an NFC team. Thank God it was not against a division opponent.
2) OBD wants two regular season games a year in Canada? Do they really want 10 road games a year?
3) I know, I know, revenue stream. However, we have got to stop playing late season games in Toronto.
3b) We should only play in Canada for an early season game, excluding the home opener, or prime time home game
4) Why are we in Canada again? We only won there in 2011. This **** needs to stop.

They don't care as long as their pockets get lined from the game. We're now 1-5 in the stadium and it's been a total bust. Thank god we beat the Redskins or we would be winless there.

imbondz
12-02-2013, 08:20 PM
it's really all a matter of winning/losing. If we were 5-1 there we'd love the Toronto game.

RedEyE
12-02-2013, 08:24 PM
that sucks Redeye.
Yeah and Toronto is actually a pretty cool town. Amazing restaurants, decent bars, shows, a lot of places to sight see...the game was just ****ty. Didn't have a problem anywhere else in Toronto.

WagonCircler
12-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Really? You don't care who the Bills cheer for?

Then why do I keep reading about how Canadians are *******s and douchebags because they are cheering against the Bills?.

These two things are not mutually exclusive.

I keep calling Canadians douchebags because I have to listen to their loud, drunk, self-important asses at Bills and Sabres games.

And because they're douchebags (the overwhelming majority of those who attend Buffalo sporting events). I neither know nor car about the rest of them.

You whined like a stuck pig for PAGES in the other thread "Stop complaining about the fans.." Piss off. We'll ***** about the fans as much as we damn well please.

If I ever got Russ Brandon's job, I'd focus on moving the team to Batavia and marketing to Syracuse and Rochester.

F___ Toronto.

Goobylal
12-02-2013, 10:13 PM
From people who were actually at the game, and not Falcons players, there were more Bills fans there than Falcons fans. And those Falcons fans mostly sat behind the Falcon's bench.

That being said, Toronto has shown that they don't deserve an NFL team.

TacklingDummy
12-02-2013, 10:18 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I have been to Bills games in Atlanta, Cincy, Foxboro, Nashville, and Jacksonville and during those games never have I felt threatned or unwelcome. I can' t say the same for Toronto. There were at least 4 fights in our section and even more jawing. Supposed Falcon fans cussing at Bills fans for no particular reason. One drunk ******* (male) threatened to throw a Bills fan (female) over the ****ing edge because she wouldn't sit down and was annoying him with her horn. And the Bills fans were sparse and spread out not enough there to stick up for one another. Half the crowd didnt even show until the 2nd qrtr. It was classless and vulgar. It was the worst sporting event I have ever attended. The "tailgate" was pathetic as it was basically geared towards kids but then pitted beside beer aisles all in the middle of Front street.maybe it has something to do with the drinking age in Toronto.

Me and the wife went to a Blue Jays game a few years back, I asked the bartender why there was so many kids here, he said it's the drinking age. He went on to say that it kind of ruins it for the older people who just want to enjoy the game.

jdaltroy5
12-03-2013, 07:50 AM
These two things are not mutually exclusive.In this case they are. You guys are complaining about how Canadians should be cheering for the Bills and they are douchebags because they're not. I'm explaining to you why they're not and you keep jumping down my throat saying you don't even care who they cheer for because it shouldn't be there. I'll I've done is explain WHY Canadians don't cheer for the Bills and you keep attacking a strawman.

I keep calling Canadians douchebags because I have to listen to their loud, drunk, self-important asses at Bills and Sabres games.

And because they're douchebags (the overwhelming majority of those who attend Buffalo sporting events). I neither know nor car about the rest of them.And I have to listen to loud obnoxious drunken Americans at every Bills game I go to. People get drunk at sporting events. This isn't exclusive to Canadians.

You whined like a stuck pig for PAGES in the other thread "Stop complaining about the fans.." Piss off. We'll ***** about the fans as much as we damn well please.Really? I whined? All I was doing was responding to the whining about the fans. Hell I'm posting in a thread that was started that was whining about the fans. If somebody insults my city, I'm going to defend it. Anyone would do the same thing.

If I ever got Russ Brandon's job, I'd focus on moving the team to Batavia and marketing to Syracuse and Rochester.I don't blame them for trying. Toronto is a huge market. Bigger than any other market he could try to pander to in the area. It just hasn't worked out because the games have been lousy, the stadium isn't meant for football, and Rogers charged WAY too much for tickets. If they want to really show the Toronto fans about Buffalo Bills football, they have to find a way to get them to the Ralph.

F___ Toronto.What does F Toronto mean? Fantastic? Oh...never mind. Good morning to you too.