Falcons safety looked into crowd and began wondering whether he was back home in ATL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Falcons safety looked into crowd and began wondering whether he was back home in ATL

This. has. got. to. stop. I mean seriously, either the FO is completely full of idiots or they literally just don't care. You can't ignore comments like this and not be one or the other.

Falcons safety William Moore looked into the crowd in Toronto and began wondering whether he was back home in Atlanta. The domed setting was certainly familiar. And so were the numerous Falcons jerseys that dotted the crowd of the Rogers Centre.

"The crazy part is we had a lot of support here," Moore said, noting he even saw someone wearing his No. 25 jersey. "It didn't feel like we were in Canada."

Expert recap and game analysis of the Atlanta Falcons vs. Buffalo Bills NFL game from December 1, 2013 on ESPN.
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: Falcons safety looked into crowd and began wondering whether he was back home in

Isn't it awesome that our December home game vs a Southern dome team is played... in a dome in a different country?

Who needs home field advantage anyways..
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

Re: Falcons safety looked into crowd and began wondering whether he was back home in

Quite sad.

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

I go with they just don't care. Money is most important.

Comment

• bills_7
          TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
          • Mar 2004

They should at the very least open dome or play the game end September or early October

Comment

• WagonCircler
            Escaped Convict
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical View Post
            either the FO is completely full of idiots
            We have a winner. Please, no more calls.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
              • Aug 2012

So not only are those *******s in Toronto cheering AGAINST the Bills, now they're taking it further and buying the other team's merchandise?

What jerks.

Comment

• imbondz
                Democrats are people too
                • Jan 2003

It's more sad that we can't fill a Stadium 3 hours away with more fans than a team 20 hours away
                My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

why would our fans pay 3-4x more to go travel 3 hours away when they don't have to.

Atlanta fans with flight, the excitement of going to a different town, and cheaper tickets than they could get in atlanta, find it fun to go up for a weekend.

i don't think it says anything about bills fans. in some ways, the deal is so idiotic only a fair weather fan in toronto would show up. "hey, they are playing in our backyard? ok, i'll go". This guy doesn't know the price is significantly cheaper in buffalo and or does want to travel 3 hours.

the fact the NFL doesn't care about the towns they operate in is pathetic as well. they are happy to go to large cities and ask and push for new stadium deals that are 10 years old, but they won't do **** for buffalo.

the writing is on the wall that the NFL doesn't care about us. And no coach ever harnessed that for us against the world.

Comment

• imbondz
                    Democrats are people too
                    • Jan 2003

no, I'm saying I would think we'd have more fans just 3 hours away from Buffalo in general, and should fill that stadium. Not that Buffalo/Rochester fans should be traveling

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                      no, I'm saying I would think we'd have more fans just 3 hours away from Buffalo in general, and should fill that stadium. Not that Buffalo/Rochester fans should be traveling
                      You guys don't seem to get it.

Why should the people of Toronto cheer for the Bills?

How many people in Buffalo cheer for the Jays or the Raptors?

Comment

• imbondz
                        Democrats are people too
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by jdaltroy5 View Post
                        You guys don't seem to get it.

Why should the people of Toronto cheer for the Bills?

How many people in Buffalo cheer for the Jays or the Raptors?

That's not it either. Canada doesn't have an NFL team. You'd have to say, if the Toronto Argonauts played a game at the Ralph, against whoever the heck they play in Canada, The stadium would lean towards cheering for Toronto. Or something closer to that scenario.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                          • Aug 2012

That's not it either. Canada doesn't have an NFL team. You'd have to say, if the Toronto Argonauts played a game at the Ralph, against whoever the heck they play in Canada, The stadium would lean towards cheering for Toronto. Or something closer to that scenario.
                          Except you might cheer for the Argos because no one in Buffalo has any CFL allegiance. People in Toronto already HAVE an NFL allegiance. And most of them don't cheer for the Bills.

The Bills are just another team in Toronto. They are actually less popular than teams like the Cowboys, Steelers, Patriots, and Packers.

I play touch football on the weekends with my buddies and every single one of them has their own team that they cheer for. I'm the only one that cheers for the Bills. Hell, every Sunday and Monday, my facebook feed is clogged with Lions, or Falcons, or Colts crap that I don't care about.
                          Last edited by jdaltroy5; 12-02-2013, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• imbondz
                            Democrats are people too
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by jdaltroy5 View Post
                            And Buffalo doesn't have a professional baseball or basketball team, yet no one in Buffalo cheers for the Jays or Raptors just because they're the closest.

The Bills are just another team in Toronto. They are actually less popular than teams like the Cowboys, Steelers, Patriots, and Packers.

I play touch football on the weekends with my buddies and every single one of them has their own team that they cheer for. I'm the only one that cheers for the Bills. Hell, every Sunday and Monday, my facebook feed is clogged with Lions, or Falcons, or Colts crap that I don't care about.

My point is that Canada doesn't have an NFL team. We have pro Baseball and Basketball teams, so it'd be normal for Buffalo to cheer for any of those teams, not Jays or Raptors.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                              • Aug 2012

My point is that Canada doesn't have an NFL team. We have pro Baseball and Basketball teams, so it'd be normal for Buffalo to cheer for any of those teams, not Jays or Raptors.
                              I know, I changed my post to reflect that.

But Buffalo doesn't have any professional baseball or basketball teams. Why don't you cheer for the Jays or the Raptors? Toronto is the closest.

Comment

Working...
                              X