PDA

View Full Version : jeff triplette: the ref

trapezeus
12-02-2013, 08:50 AM
How many more games are they going to let this ref screw up? He's the ref of the coin toss incompetence years ago. every year it feels like he's part of some controversy. The NFL really cares about the outcomes. i'd like to know if this outcome also was beneficial to the spread. just like the patriots game a few weeks back.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/redskins-lose-giants-officials-incompetence-messy-sunday-night-055610422--nfl.html

ThunderGun
12-02-2013, 08:53 AM
I feel like pretty much all of the refs have been atrocious this season.

trapezeus
12-02-2013, 09:06 AM
agreed, but come on, you don't get a coin toss right? he threw that flag at the brown's face and hit his eye...i think he's got one other legendarily bad call under his resume.

then this article says shanahan was confused why the refs told him first down and this guy said that they never did. he's terrible

bills_7
12-02-2013, 10:17 AM
The only thing I can think of is that "myb" the nfl is fixed and the refs they have now are good at staying quiet so they don't want to fire anyone and risk bringing in new people?

feldspar
12-02-2013, 10:34 AM
How about the Redskins receivers catch the ball and hold onto it. On that 3rd/1st down play, RG3 threw a strike right between the guy's numbers...he dropped it. Then the Redskins actually converted the 4th down play...they converted it. The defender snagged it away, and it was a fumble, but they did get the first down.

The officiating was a complete blunder there, but let's not pretend that's the reason the Redskins lost that game.

I'm more worried about how they can call illegal contact on Aaron Williams when he didn't even come close to touching anybody at all. Or how they can call pass interference on Robey in that situation on the same crucial drive. Falcons should have had 4th-and-16. These calls actually affected the game more than what happened to the Redskins IMO. Terribly boneheaded call as that was, obviously.

trapezeus
12-02-2013, 10:43 AM
i'm not saying its why they lost the game. but simple things like spotting the ball and calling it a first down or not needs to be clear. in a prime time game? they are so worried about getting the technical aspects of a catch right in instant replay that they can't get the simple stuff right.

it's laughable that some of the best athletes in the world, running at top speeds, are governed by a bunch of 50+ year old men, running around in knickers.

and some of these terrible calls this year all keep with maintaining the spread and the explanations are so piss poor.

The NFL is so very close to jumping the shark for me.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-03-2013, 04:49 PM
How many more games are they going to let this ref screw up? He's the ref of the coin toss incompetence years ago. every year it feels like he's part of some controversy. The NFL really cares about the outcomes. i'd like to know if this outcome also was beneficial to the spread. just like the patriots game a few weeks back.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/redskins-lose-giants-officials-incompetence-messy-sunday-night-055610422--nfl.html

Just for personal amusement, I want Triplette and Karl Hess to switch sports every now and again. Oh man, it would be great. I might just shoot someone if that happened.

Goobylal
12-03-2013, 05:56 PM
You're thinking of Phil Luckett, which is understandable given "Triplette."

Triplette is the guy who threw the flag into Orlando Brown's eye, and Brown went after him. Other than that and the screw up on Sunday Night, I can't recall many bad things about him.

trapezeus
12-04-2013, 07:55 AM
you're right. luckett was the douchebag who was also part of music city miracle. wanker.

Triplette just has that face of incompetence. he's an easy target to dislike.