PDA

View Full Version : Pats spying accusation from the Texans

trapezeus
12-02-2013, 09:10 AM
you have Texans defensive end Antonio Smith's postgame comments after Houston's 34-31 loss to New England, referring to the Patriots' second-half plan.
“Either teams are spying on us or scouting us . . . I don’t know what it is,” Smith said, according to the Boston Globe (http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/12/02/houston-texans-antonio-smith-accuses-patriots-spying/sSWcRGj4yO2uC21sLgWr9L/story.html). “We had some ways that we were going to play this week that just got put in this week, and it was just miraculous that they changed up some things that they did on offense and keyed on what we put in this week to stop what they were doing.
“It was things that they had never done before out here. It just seems miraculous to me.”

The easiest answer is that ernie adams is doing something for the patriots that no other team gets. it is impossible to believe coaching alone can get one of the worst pats teams in the last 13 years play this well.

More players should be outraged by this....but everyone will say no no belichick is just betterthan any other coach by miles.....other legendary coaches struggled when the talent thinned out. this guy just stays at the top of the pack.

combine it with ****tier and ****tier reffing, and we're supposed to believe it's just happenstances that weakfan bases tend to do better than stronger ones.

chris66
12-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Considering the game was in Houston. I wouldn't put much stock into spying.

Also pretty sure that Brady has seen every defense Wade can think up. It might have been new to the Texans, but he probably ran it with SD and Dallas

TigerJ
12-02-2013, 11:34 AM
I know that with the reputation of Belichick and the Patriots, it's easy to think they're guilty, but it's still better to keep quiet until or unless you have proof, and then go through the proper channels. Personally, I have less respect for Bill Belichick than just about anyone in pro football, but the media is the wrong place to take a suspicion based soley on the opinion that "New England played like they knew what we were going to do."

trapezeus
12-02-2013, 11:42 AM
go through the proper channels and have the evidence burned?

i think it's wrong that the media just takes it on faith that they win so consistently with such little talent. one man can't make up for no receivers and an weak defense that hasbeen hammered with injuries.

the NFL should make belichick coach for another team as his punishment.

i don't care if the story never is revealed, but i will never buy into the BS that he was so much smarter than the smartest men in the game. he's a hack and he'll always live with that.

Bill Cody
12-02-2013, 11:47 AM

i think it's wrong that the media just takes it on faith that they win so consistently with such little talent. one man can't make up for no receivers and an weak defense that hasbeen hammered with injuries.

i don't care if the story never is revealed, but i will never buy into the BS that he was so much smarter than the smartest men in the game. he's a hack and he'll always live with that.

this kind of talk is both inaccurate and embarrassing. The Pats just gave up 31 points to a 2-9 team so how much spying did they do? On offense we've been watching this show for years, it's not done with mirrors wake the F up. Gronk is a great player and they have other decent receivers and a great QB. You sound bitter. Just stop.

trapezeus
12-02-2013, 11:52 AM
you sound like you are willing to easily overlook the easiest fact that legendary coaches have had bad seasons when the talent thinned out. the pats never do. They have remained winning through all of it. i said before this season that if the pats continue to look like th ebest team with the roster they had, it's a scam.

then you add in how bad the refs have been in general. to think the NFL would let outcomes just be based on the play instead of keeping large cities with crappy fan bases interested is idiotic.

Look at NFL revenues from 2001 to now and compare them to when the pats sucked and were on the verge of moving. Do you think the NFL would ever go back?

Mr. Pink
12-02-2013, 11:55 AM
If they cheated and gave up 31 points, they should do a better job.

chris66
12-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Pats do play in a crappy division. That's usually good for 5-6 wins right there. Now afd in a few more crappy teams all of a sudden you're at 10 wins

Bill Cody
12-02-2013, 12:32 PM
I really hate conspiracy people

imbondz
12-02-2013, 12:50 PM
I hate conspiracy theorists too, but it's been proven that Billicheat is a cheat, so any accusation like this should at least be somewhat looked at. He earned that right to always be looked at suspiciously.

trapezeus
12-02-2013, 12:55 PM
madoff was excellent...he beat the market for 20 years when the other greats had up and down years, albeit better than others, but they still had down years. oh, wait, he was thrown into jail for a pretty straight forward, non-conspiracy theory breaking of the rules.

The fact that the tapes were burned should tell you a little something about how effective their scheme was/is.

but you are right, some people are just incredible geniuses who always end up on the right side of the call. always have the great second half. always can come back if they are down, provided they have 15 minutes to review the film.

DraftBoy
12-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Smith is an idiot and this thread doesn't make any sense.

The Texans are horrific this year, its not hard to figure out what they are doing. They have a rookie undrafted QB who basically only throws to Andre Johnson and Garrett Graham. Adrian Foster is banged up but you still load the box and dare them to throw it. It's not like the Texans are running a complicated system with multiple looks, option routes, and variations. If the way the Pats played yesterday (which wasn't all that good honestly) was cheating then the other 9 teams that stomped a mud hole in the Texans ass were doing the same thing.

This fascination with tying to catch the Pats cheating is borderline crazy. Why don't they suck with less talent? Well they have a really good scheme, they have really disciplined players, and they often finds nobody's who can come in and make plays for them. You may not think they have talent but Gronk is maybe the best TE in football, Brady is still Brady, Shane Vereen is a hell of a dual threat back and Ridley is a power runner when he holds on to the football. They lost Welker but added Amendola is still very talented. Defensively they still have some good players in Wilfork, Mayo, and Talib. Not to mention hitting on their first round pick in 2012 of Chandler Jones.

You act like this team is full of no talent hacks. They have plenty of talent on their roster. Maybe if the Bills would stop letting there's go we'd know the feeling and not assume its because they are cheating.

TigerJ
12-02-2013, 01:24 PM

i don't care if the story never is revealed, but i will never buy into the BS that he was so much smarter than the smartest men in the game. he's a hack and he'll always live with that. If you go through the proper channels, it doesn't necessarily mean the evidence can be destroyed. You always keep certified copies of what you think is evidence, and if you smell cover up, then you go to the media. That has nothing to do with this instance at this point where all you have is a coach's opinion that NE's ability to anticipate what his team is doing smells suspicious.