• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

The pass interference penalty....

...late in the 4th, looked to me looked more like holding. (When he had the jersey)

Difference being a five yarder vs 1st down on the 1.

Thoughts?
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Re: The pass interference panalty....

I thought it was neither
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
      • Aug 2012

I think they were both pushing each other.

In my totally biased opinion, I don't think any penalty should've been called.

Comment

• elltrain22
        • Sep 2003

Could've went both ways, but the grab of the jersey, did make a legitimate call. I think the fact that they both were guilty should've been a no call, but i'm obviously biased.
        If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Re: The pass interference penalty....

If it was in Buffalo it wouldn't of been called.

It was the right call, Robey did have Douglas by the collar when the ball was just about to arrive.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

mckelvin was getting pushed by rodney white all during the first half. every time the ball arrived, mckelvin's coverage would get shot from a push in the back. no call.
            at some point, as a db, you have to take that as a queue to just play and see where the chips may fall....and guess what, the refs decided to get technical at the end, the opposite of how they conducted themselves earlier.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
              If it was in Buffalo it wouldn't of been called.

It was the right call, Robey did have Douglas by the collar when the ball was just about to arrive.
              Really? Because there haven't been any bad calls in Buffalo?

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Not sure how that was PI in the endzone when the two long passes to Goodwin weren't.....
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Cleve
                  • Oct 2004

That Falcon TD drive was directly aided by this penalty, AND the "illegal touching" penalty a few snaps earlier on Aaron Williams 23 also kept the Falcons drive alive - the replay showed clearly that Aaron Williams wasn't even touching ANYONE!! And the commentators were like "WTF??" like both Marrone and Aaron Williams.

And did anyone watch last night's Giants/Redskins game? The officials made an enormous mistake with under 2 minutes to go in the half. The officials awarded a 1st down to Washington.... when it should have been 3rd and inches. They moved the chains and changed the Downs Markers to "1". So the Redskins call a 1st and 10 type pass play, which is incomplete. THEN the officials made it FOURTH DOWN!! Shanahan went ballistic, which you can't blame him. If a mistake is made, once the ball is snapped, that should be IT! That huge gaffe could have well changed the outcome of the game. IF the officials were going to try and "make it right" then go back to 3rd and inches!

When is the NFL actually going to get full-time professional officials and get beyond rinky-dink part-timers? All the billions spent on stadiums and rosters, etc, and what, they're trying to save a few thousand on Obamacare by keeping the officials under 30 hrs? A guy driving a taxi today shouldn't be an official tonight, IMHO!
                  Last edited by Cleve; 12-02-2013, 11:40 AM.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                  per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

Both receiver and Robey were physical with each other. Probably should not have been called, but when the Atlanta player's jersey got stretched out, it was probably a little more obvious to the official. The comment on Roddy White is interesting considering there is some sentiment to draft Mike Evans to play receiver for the Bills. From what little I've seen, Mike evans whole game is about being physical with DBs in what appears to be borderline pass interference. If you find yourself in a game with officials who are calling the game closely, he could give you a bunch of offensive pass interference calls.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                      • Jan 2003

He had the jersey, but when the ball is in the air, it is pass interference, not holding.

Now, how that ref could see the pull on the jersey is something I wonder about.

I wonder more about the 15 yard penalty on the play before. Why, on third and goal at th five when he got down to the 2 is the penalty assessed and gives them another down? They get the result of the play AND the down back.

- - - Updated - - -

He had the jersey, but when the ball is in the air, it is pass interference, not holding.

Now, how that ref could see the pull on the jersey is something I wonder about.

I wonder more about the 15 yard penalty on the play before. Why, on third and goal at th five when he got down to the 2 is the penalty assessed and gives them another down? They get the result of the play AND the down back.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                        • Feb 2005

Defensive holding becomes pass interference when the ball is in the air... Otherwise it's a 5 yarder, automatic 1st down.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Hand fighting is one thing but the moment Robey grabs inside his collar that's DPI all day long. Easy call to make.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

I don't really see how the ref saw the hold on the collar anyway...White's back was to him, and the jersey didn't stretch that much.

Definitely PI, but considering the refs had been letting guys get away with **** like all game long, it was a piss poor time to finally decide to throw a flag.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• The King
                              Without me it's just Awe so
                              • Jun 2004

It was the tangled legs that led to the receiver being taken out of the play.
                              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                              It was all
                              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
                              X