PDA

View Full Version : The Final Four - 25% of The Season Remains

BillsImpossible
12-02-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm not giving up. "Don't ever give up!" Stick 4 meatballs in the fat lady's pie hole and watch her choke.

Trade that loss to the Falcons for a win over the Patriots and keep racing.

"And down the stretch they come!"

at Bucs
at Jags
Fish
at New England

At 4-8, and after suffering a devastating punch in the gut loss to the Falcons in Toronto, the Buffalo Bills face 3 teams from Florida, and the decade long Kings of the AFC East in their final 4 games of the year.

Is 8-8 impossible? Not at all. All 4 teams are beatable, 2 are divisional games - which will likely be the deciding factor.

We all know how stupid crazy the NFL is, and New England might not have anything to play for come week 16. It's not like the Bills are playing Seattle in Washington, and the 49ers in San Fran, they're playing 2 road games they should win, a home game against a team Thad Lewis beat, and another divisional opponent in the Pats that they should have beaten on opening day.

That's not far fetched. Floridian wins over the Bucs, Jags, frozen Fish, and revenge against the Pats can happen.

Go Bills! I believe in miracles, but the Bills making the playoffs would not really be a miracle if they finish 8-8 with a 4-2 divisional record.

TacklingDummy
12-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Maybe we can win 1 more game and pick 12th, awesome.

Crisis
12-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Aren't you the one complaining about Bills fans loving average and you're the one hoping to win out for the most mediocre record possible?

Sounds like you're the one of the people you complain about.

There's really no point in getting your hopes up about playoffs, this team would have to win more than 1 game in a row for once for that to actually happen.

SquishDaFish
12-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Td I will always want wins. Stop with your yearly oh why win meaningless games and drop down in draft order. Once again the draft is a CRAPSHOOT it doesnt really matter where you pick its what you do with it

TacklingDummy
12-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Td I will always want wins. Stop with your yearly oh why win meaningless games and drop down in draft order. Once again the draft is a CRAPSHOOT it doesnt really matter where you pick its what you do with it
Agreed, Marcell Dareus or AJ Green, EJ Manuel or Mike Glennon, Torell Troupe or Rob Gronkowski, CJ Spiller or JPP, A. Williams or Colin Kaepernick/Andy Dalton the list is endless.

Ginger Vitis
12-02-2013, 09:48 PM
JPP,

Meh.. JPP hasn't been too productive the last year and a half

TacklingDummy
12-02-2013, 09:57 PM
Gilmore, Glenn, TJ Graham or Russell Wilson.

BillsFever21
12-02-2013, 10:28 PM

Although I agree to a point tell that to the Colts and Rams a couple years ago. The Rams got a ransom for the #2 pick and the Colts ended up with Andrew Luck. If they would've won 4 games instead of two then they would still be a 4 win team today. That team isn't very good and if they didn't have a good QB then they would be horrible right now.

Or maybe tell us that from the 2001 season when we came back from a 3 score game in the 2nd half to win a meaningless December game against the Panthers. If Alex Van Pelt doesn't feel like Jim Kelly in the 2nd half then we end up with the #2 pick and get Julius Peppers. Instead we end up with Mike Williams. That worked out real good.

BillsFever21
12-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Agreed, Marcell Dareus or AJ Green, EJ Manuel or Mike Glennon, Torell Troupe or Rob Gronkowski, CJ Spiller or JPP, A. Williams or Colin Kaepernick/Andy Dalton the list is endless.

In that very same draft we took Alex Carrington in the 3rd round when we still had an obvious need for a pass catching TE(like we have for a decade) and took him over Jimmy Graham.

BillsFever21
12-02-2013, 10:38 PM
We saw this same thread for the past 4 weeks with only one win in the process. I'm sure BillsImpossible will pull the same thread out if we lose this week too.

Them "easy and beatable" teams yourself and others claim in the Jaguars and Bucs(and Atlanta before this week) have fans saying the same thing. We've only won a single game more then them guys and they started off 0-8. Both of them teams have been playing good football the past month.

Hell we still haven't even won two games in a row this season. Atlanta may be the only other team that hasn't done that this season. If there are anymore then it can't be more then maybe one more in the Vikings. That is pretty pathetic when you think about it.

TigerJ
12-03-2013, 07:39 AM
Final Four? Does that mean we've just come through "Autumn Madness?"

trapezeus
12-03-2013, 07:43 AM
it'd be fine to be optimistic if the scenario to make it was even remotely possible and if the bills had ever satisfied any need you had as a fan.

let's say the bills win 3 in a row and come down to a pats team not needing it. We've seen that scenario before. hell, we've even had that game at home...and we lost to pitts vs their scrubs.

you think they'll go to new england and beat them at home? a team that never loses at home?

Billsimpossible would make a great death row cell mate. "they aren't going to pull the switch on us today despite the guilty verdict, a selected date, the fact our appeal was rejected and that they are wheeling our last meal into our cell. maybe the electricty won't work."

bills_7
12-03-2013, 08:07 AM
I'm not giving up. "Don't ever give up!" Stick 4 meatballs in the fat lady's pie hole and watch her choke.

Trade that loss to the Falcons for a win over the Patriots and keep racing.

"And down the stretch they come!"

at Bucs
at Jags
Fish
at New England

At 4-8, and after suffering a devastating punch in the gut loss to the Falcons in Toronto, the Buffalo Bills face 3 teams from Florida, and the decade long Kings of the AFC East in their final 4 games of the year.

Is 8-8 impossible? Not at all. All 4 teams are beatable, 2 are divisional games - which will likely be the deciding factor.

We all know how stupid crazy the NFL is, and New England might not have anything to play for come week 16. It's not like the Bills are playing Seattle in Washington, and the 49ers in San Fran, they're playing 2 road games they should win, a home game against a team Thad Lewis beat, and another divisional opponent in the Pats that they should have beaten on opening day.

That's not far fetched. Floridian wins over the Bucs, Jags, frozen Fish, and revenge against the Pats can happen.

Go Bills! I believe in miracles, but the Bills making the playoffs would not really be a miracle if they finish 8-8 with a 4-2 divisional record.
Can you or someone post what would actually have to play out in the remaining games that matter for us to get in? That would be awesome

GingerP
12-03-2013, 10:03 AM
It's not like the Bills are playing Seattle in Washington, and the 49ers in San Fran, they're playing 2 road games they should win, a home game against a team Thad Lewis beat, and another divisional opponent in the Pats that they should have beaten on opening day.

"2 road games they should win"

Seriously? You think they are going to win out?

- The Bills are 1-4 on the road this year.
- They haven't won back-to-back games since weeks 2/3 last year.
- They haven't won more than 2 road games in a season since 2009
- They haven't won 4 straight games since the first 4 games of the 2008 season

I'm all for being optimistic, but why not wait until they win more than 1 in a row before getting carried away.

OpIv37
12-03-2013, 10:15 AM

The draft is not a crapshoot. Sure, good and bad luck do factor in and no pick is ever a guarantee, but there is a reason why some teams are consistently good at it and others are consistently bad.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-03-2013, 11:29 AM
I don't think we beat New England, but I think that 7-9 is possible. Of course we could also lose out.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Final Four? Does that mean we've just come through "Autumn Madness?"

Wait a minute, I just realize that if this is a Final Four after Autumn Madness then there is a distinct possibility that Karl Hess will be in the unique position of being able to screw over two teams that I support in two different sports in two different final fours. If he blows that whistle I am gonna shove it down his throat so far that he'll be whistling out of his ass.

BillsFever21
12-03-2013, 03:58 PM
"2 road games they should win"

Seriously? You think they are going to win out?

- The Bills are 1-4 on the road this year.
- They haven't won back-to-back games since weeks 2/3 last year.
- They haven't won more than 2 road games in a season since 2009
- They haven't won 4 straight games since the first 4 games of the 2008 season

I'm all for being optimistic, but why not wait until they win more than 1 in a row before getting carried away.

Wow that even makes me more sick to my stomach. This team hasn't won two games in a row in the past 25 weeks of football. That just pathetic. That and we haven't won more then two road games in a season since 2009.

BillsFever21
12-03-2013, 04:03 PM
We will win either one or two more games. Right about where myself and most of us thought. I predicted 5 wins in Cntrygal's thread and anywhere from 4-6 depending on how the bounces went. Every year I'm either right on or within one game of our actual record. I just wish for once this team would prove me wrong. It's been 14 years of misery.

OLDSRIP
12-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Gilmore, Glenn, TJ Graham or Russell Wilson.

You can add all the picks made by every team before Russell Wilson was picked. It wasn't just the Bills that passed on him early.
it sure would have been nice if they picked him though. But Chan probably wouldn't of played him over Fitz anyway.

BillsImpossible
12-03-2013, 06:46 PM
IF the Bills win out, I think they win the 6th and final playoff spot at 8-8.

Look at the remaining schedules of these teams.

Do you see any of them going 8-8?

Fish 6-6

at Steelers
Pats
at Bills
Jets

NYJets 5-7

Raiders
at Panthers
Browns
at Dolphins

Titans 5-7

at Broncos
Cards
at Jags
Texans

Steelers 5-7

Fish
Bengals
at Packers
Browns

Ravens 6-6

Vikings
at Lions
Pats
at Bengals

San Diego 5-7

Giants
at Broncos
Raiders
Chiefs

OpIv37
12-03-2013, 08:33 PM
1. The Bills aren't going 8-8.

2. Even if the Bills do go 8-8, it'll take a miracle to get a playoff spot with that record. Even if we held on against the Falcons and won out to get to 9-7, it wasn't guaranteed.

coastal
12-03-2013, 08:56 PM
The stupid... it burns!!!!