PDA

View Full Version : I watched Peyton Manning...

jamze132
12-03-2013, 09:18 AM
...get out of the pocket and wait for his receivers to get open. It was great. Can we do that? EJ has the skills but he's not patient enough at this point. Hopefully it's something he can work on the rest of the season.

Forward_Lateral
12-03-2013, 09:32 AM
I thought he showed vast improvements in his scrambling vs Atlanta. Several times he escaped pressure and looked to pass out of the pocket. Also, his TD run was glorious.

Albany,n.y.
12-03-2013, 09:38 AM
It's tough to do when your LG is Legursky who is waiving pass rushers by like a traffic cop trying to avoid gridlock.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Manning would be able to handle a Legursky in the lineup. Overall, Manning is a special talent. If you use him as the standard, then all but one or two in the league would be subpar.

trapezeus
12-03-2013, 10:13 AM
15YRs vs 1 year. i think this is where EJ being out for significant time was a problem. if the game can slow down for him, then he's going to be able to move strategically in the pocket for bigger plays.

i don't guarantee EJ will be the savior to the team, but i do think he's a coachable kid and if he is going to improve to be a legit starter it will rely on him being able to process the speed of the game. i actually liked that in this game he looked less jittery than in previous games.

imbondz
12-03-2013, 10:25 AM
I thought he showed vast improvements in his scrambling vs Atlanta. Several times he escaped pressure and looked to pass out of the pocket. Also, his TD run was glorious.

Totally agree. I really liked what I saw out of EJ vs. Atlanta. He scrambled at the right times, stood in the pocket, wasn't afraid to throw it long at times. Stats don't show it, but I was pretty psyched about his play. His 'lobs' down the side are always awkward to me though. It seems like he just heaves it up in the general area.

Last night watching Wilson, do the same thing, his throws were tight, and had authority. They were 'placed'. But I've only ever been a monday morning QB.

imbondz
12-03-2013, 10:26 AM
The worst thing about the Atlanta game to me is the confidence left on the table for EJ. If we win that game, who knows what it could have done to add to EJs confidence.

trapezeus
12-03-2013, 10:53 AM
i don't think EJ is a fragile guy like a losman/edwards. i think he's got it together that he has to get better. the outcomes of the games are meaningless this season. he simply has to be ready to lead the team day 1 next year and make the throws. and that comes with experience.

GvilleBills
12-03-2013, 10:53 AM
The worst thing about the Atlanta game to me is the confidence left on the table for EJ. If we win that game, who knows what it could have done to add to EJs confidence.
Agreed, while I think he has a lot of positive from that game the W would've been invaluable.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-03-2013, 11:12 AM
...get out of the pocket and wait for his receivers to get open. It was great. Can we do that? EJ has the skills but he's not patient enough at this point. Hopefully it's something he can work on the rest of the season.

He may be able to get there. I am not yet convinced by his body of work that he is/is not the long term answer at QB. I'd love to see a competition between him and Lewis in camp.

bills_7
12-03-2013, 06:26 PM
i don't think EJ is a fragile guy like a losman/edwards. i think he's got it together that he has to get better. the outcomes of the games are meaningless this season. he simply has to be ready to lead the team day 1 next year and make the throws. and that comes with experience.

Losman never got a fair shake and was poorly coached he was not fragile as u say