PDA

View Full Version : The Bills have released Tashard Choice

whkfc
12-04-2013, 08:43 AM
Passing along. He was a good 3rd Rb. Wonder what the reasoning is.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-04-2013, 08:48 AM

With two fullbacks, Summers can be the 3rd RB and we might need the spot.

Grudgingly I have to admit he was an ok 3rd back. He was overused under Gailey, but former college coaches sometimes have that flaw.

gr8slayer
12-04-2013, 08:54 AM
Guy is a bad football player, not much of a loss.

Mahdi
12-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Ive been wondering when this would happen. We have a 6'3 230LB RB named Ronnie Wingo that would look very interesting in our short yardage package.

We really need someone who can tear things up at the goal line and on 3rd and inches.

MikeInRoch
12-04-2013, 09:22 AM
That's what happens you fumble at critical times at the end of a game.

Oh wait...

DBrown77
12-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Good leader, nice trash talker, but was inconsistent on the field.

Bunion
12-04-2013, 09:27 AM
So they think CJ's back to 100% and Frank Summers has a few plays in him. More than enough reason to get rid of a 4th RB. My guess is the roster spot goes to another interior OL prospect. Legursky's on notice, and if we're mathematically eliminated, everybody except Cordy Glenn and Eric Wood should be playing for their jobs.

Bangarang
12-04-2013, 10:06 AM
They are making room on the roster for Meeks to return.

Mahdi
12-04-2013, 10:09 AM
So they think CJ's back to 100% and Frank Summers has a few plays in him. More than enough reason to get rid of a 4th RB. My guess is the roster spot goes to another interior OL prospect. Legursky's on notice, and if we're mathematically eliminated, everybody except Cordy Glenn and Eric Wood should be playing for their jobs.

I think Urbik is safe. Pears and Legursky can be upgraded.

DraftBoy
12-04-2013, 10:11 AM
They are making room on the roster for Meeks to return.

Bingo.

The last buffalo fan
12-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Bingo.

It is Mingo actually.

trapezeus
12-04-2013, 11:51 AM
i guess kickers, punters and back up running backs get knocked for production issues while QBs who throw INTs at the 1 yardline in a winnable game, WR and TE who fumble, and OL who can't block are safe.

what a team

BertSquirtgum
12-04-2013, 12:02 PM

Probably because he sucks.

Homegrown
12-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Probably because he sucks.

I enjoy your avi ....

Meathead
12-04-2013, 02:25 PM
I enjoy your avi ....

five times now already

OpIv37
12-04-2013, 03:19 PM
Choice was decent for us but easily replaceable.

My only concern is that both Spiller and Jackson have had injury issues and if one of them goes down again, we are dangerously short at RB.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-04-2013, 03:25 PM
I remember all the flack I got for saying that we cut Tashard Choice, our third string running back back in camp. As usual my critics lacked my prescient foreknowledge of coming events, yeah I was just a few months early. If you don't believe me, find my posts in the Tarvaris Jackson was cut thread. Now that my prophetic abilities have been proven, I predict that within the next four months the winning numbers for the Powerball jackpot will be 2, 34, 41, 17, 9, and a powerball of 26.

swiper
12-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Who cares.

- - - Updated - -

Meathead
12-04-2013, 04:37 PM
As usual my critics lacked my prescient foreknowledge of coming events.

awesome

Ginger Vitis
12-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Grudgingly I have to admit he was an ok 3rd back.

So you hate admitting a Bills player is Ok

OpIv37
12-04-2013, 07:33 PM
I remember all the flack I got for saying that we cut Tashard Choice, our third string running back back in camp. As usual my critics lacked my prescient foreknowledge of coming events, yeah I was just a few months early. If you don't believe me, find my posts in the Tarvaris Jackson was cut thread. Now that my prophetic abilities have been proven, I predict that within the next four months the winning numbers for the Powerball jackpot will be 2, 34, 41, 17, 9, and a powerball of 26.
If we had cut Choice in camp, what would we have done when Spiller was out and Jackson was playing hurt? Frank Summers? Please.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-04-2013, 09:06 PM

My only concern is that both Spiller and Jackson have had injury issues and if one of them goes down again, we are dangerously short at RB.

Summers was a halfback in college. Obviously it's not an ideal situation if we need him to take carries, but this season is a bust anyway.

OpIv37
12-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Summers was a halfback in college. Obviously it's not an ideal situation if we need him to take carries, but this season is a bust anyway.

Yeah, I hear ya- I just don't get people *****ing about Choice when the alternative would have been Summers. I don't mind Summers as a blocking fullback who occasionally catches a pass or gets a carry to keep the D honest- I just don't sant to see him regularly taking handoffs.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Yeah, I hear ya- I just don't get people *****ing about Choice when the alternative would have been Summers. I don't mind Summers as a blocking fullback who occasionally catches a pass or gets a carry to keep the D honest- I just don't sant to see him regularly taking handoffs.

I think the *****ing about Choice originated because he appeared to be vulturing Spiller's carries during his otherworldly season last year. Not that it was Choice's fault, but still.

Meathead
12-04-2013, 10:38 PM
choice is one of those solid ball players that will probably be on somebodys roster but will never be prominant. thats fine, he'll make a good living for a decade. hes a good citizen and seems like a nice man too. i liked that he talks like a deep ghetto black and trash talks out on the field but was a very cool mature guy in real life, kinda smashing a stereotype. he actually still says axe for ask and isnt embarrassed by it which is cool in a counter culture sorta way bc its obviously intentional

DBrown77
12-05-2013, 07:02 AM
I am hoping Moorman is next. His 38 yard punts are getting old.

ParanoidAndroid
12-05-2013, 07:25 AM
choice is one of those solid ball players that will probably be on somebodys roster but will never be prominant. thats fine, he'll make a good living for a decade. hes a good citizen and seems like a nice man too. i liked that he talks like a deep ghetto black and trash talks out on the field but was a very cool mature guy in real life, kinda smashing a stereotype. he actually still says axe for ask and isnt embarrassed by it which is cool in a counter culture sorta way bc its obviously intentional

What are you even talking about?

coastal
12-05-2013, 07:33 AM
What are you even talking about?
Meatheads a racist... a progressive one though, so it makes it acceptable.

Albany,n.y.
12-05-2013, 08:09 AM
I am hoping Moorman is next. His 38 yard punts are getting old.

Not until next year. I think the main reason Moorman was brought back over other punters was we needed a punter who is also a holder & it was easier to bring back a guy mid-season who was already familiar with the long-snapper.

trapezeus
12-05-2013, 08:20 AM
moorman also has a top 5 play this season with his punt at the 1 at his first game back.

per usual, the punting is one of the most exciting parts of bills football.

BillsFever21
12-06-2013, 05:52 PM

I think this is a good sign that we will be drafting a RB in the 2014 draft. Lets just hope they're not stupid and use a first round pick on one again. I doubt that but you never know with these guys. I wouldn't mind drafting someone in the 3rd round if a talented RB they like slips through the cracks.

Jackson will be another year older and it's amazing he hasn't been knocked out this season with all the close calls he's had. He's been playing through the pain. I doubt that will happen again next year. Spiller can void the 6th year of his contract after the 2014 season and I'm not sure I'm willing to give him top RB money. You can find reliable RB's anywhere and the only ones who deserve that money are dominant every down RB's like Peterson and Lynch with the way he has played in Seattle. Spiller isn't an every down RB and will also be 27 years old next season and RB's start breaking down around 30 years old. Some even less especially smaller guys like Spiller.

We could use a young talented RB next season as insurance if Jackson loses another step or goes down with an injury again. Either way we need one since neither is currently an every down RB and they both seem to always have nagging injuries and could go down in any given game. If we brought one in next season then we have a 3rd RB that can fill in as the backup when/if Jackson or Spiller misses time to injury. If he pans out then we have a RB that can take over for Spiller if he isn't re-signed. At the very least we have our 2nd RB.

The RB position is too easy to replace in today's NFL since it's now a mainly a passing league and it's not worth paying huge money to RB's unless they are a dominant every down back and especially past their 30th birthday. Unless you have a workhorse like Peterson or Lynch then you also need two RB's who can split the carries and keep them fresh.

If we plan on trying to keep Spiller then I would do it this offseason and offer him a new 4 year contract for around 7 million a year at the most. That would take him to his 31st birthday when the contract ran out. I'm sure he will probably void his 6th season and look for a new contract. RB's only have one chance for a big contract and there are no second long-term deals for them. I would probably be willing to give him a 4yr-28 million dollar contract with around 14 million in guaranteed money at the most. Maybe add some incentives depending on production. I wouldn't care much for a long-term deal after the 2014 season and definitely not after the 2015 season if he didn't void his 6th season. By then he would be 28 years old at the start of the 2015 season and 29 at the start of the 2016 season.

A 4yr-28 million dollar contract would give him just slightly under the contract signed by Matt Forte for 4yrs-32 million with 18 in guaranteed money along with the 4yr-31 million with 18 in guarantees for Lynch. Spiller is more explosive but Forte has been a far more dependable all around player for the Bears between the running and passing game and Lynch has been far better. Spiller will never be more then a 250 combined touches a year player. Now would be that time to lock him up for a slightly smaller and similar 4 year contract if they want to keep him.

I also wouldn't be opposed to waiting one more season though to see how he pans out next year. We already owe him for next season and possibly a 6th season so it would make sense this offseason if they wanted to keep him. I think we should bring in another RB this draft as insurance for the 2014 season and to possibly be the starter and/or RB for a rotation with Spiller if he's around after next season. Next year will be the last season for Jackson.