PDA

View Full Version : PFT: 20,000 seats remain for Bills' season finale.

gr8slayer
12-04-2013, 08:55 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/04/20000-tickets-remain-for-bills-home-finale/

Some folks in Buffalo would point gleefully to the inability of Toronto to sell tickets to Bills games. Some folks in Toronto would point gleefully to the inability of Buffalo to sell tickets to Bills game.

Some folks in L.A. would point gleefully to both.

Not a bad point... can't give Toronto crap if the inability to sellout true home games exists.

OpIv37
12-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Really? You mean no one wants to pay money to sit outside in December in Buffalo against a team that has Utterly dominated us for a decade when our season has already been over for a month?

Shocker.

better days
12-04-2013, 09:57 AM
If the Bills win in Tampa & Jax, I think many of those seats will sell.

OpIv37
12-04-2013, 09:59 AM
If the Bills win in Tampa & Jax, I think many of those seats will sell.

Too little, too late.

If we won against Atlanta, and have a decent shot at playoffs, those tickets sell. But with no chance of playoffs, no one wants to deal with that misery- the cost, the weather, and more than likely another humiliation at the hands of a team we despise.

better days
12-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Too little, too late.

If we won against Atlanta, and have a decent shot at playoffs, those tickets sell. But with no chance of playoffs, no one wants to deal with that misery- the cost, the weather, and more than likely another humiliation at the hands of a team we despise.

Well, we already beat the Fins once this year. Do you really expect the Fins to come into Buffalo in December & humiliate the Bills?

If EJ & the team play well the next two games, I think a number of people will want to go to that game to watch EJ & the team finish the season out.

But it will be no small feat to beat the Bucs in Tampa. Or the Jags in Jax. If the Bills don't win both those games they might not sell a single seat more.

OpIv37
12-04-2013, 10:11 AM
I'm a bit off on this- I was thinking we were home against the Pats in week 17. The Dolphins certainly haven't dominated us.

Still, the game is meaningless and we've struggled against the division. And the weather will likely be bad, and it's the week before Christmas when people are shopping or traveling or spending time with family. I think if we are still in the hunt, the game sells out, but this fan base is too beaten down and the area too broke to keep paying for meaningless games.

SpikedLemonade
12-04-2013, 10:11 AM
We play the Dolphins and not the Pats on December 22nd.

Regardless of the results of the next 2 games, that game 3 days before Christmas will have well over 15,000 seats left.

Historian
12-04-2013, 10:14 AM
The Bills will kick ass if the game is blacked out....take it to the bank!

better days
12-04-2013, 10:17 AM
I'm a bit off on this- I was thinking we were home against the Pats in week 17. The Dolphins certainly haven't dominated us.

Still, the game is meaningless and we've struggled against the division. And the weather will likely be bad, and it's the week before Christmas when people are shopping or traveling or spending time with family. I think if we are still in the hunt, the game sells out, but this fan base is too beaten down and the area too broke to keep paying for meaningless games.

Because it is the week before Christmas, there should be a good number of Bills fans in town that live out of the area.

Many of them no doubt already have tickets for the game, but like I said if the Bills show promise in the next two games, I think many will want to go to the last home game.

I don't expect a sell out, but I would expect the number of empty seats to be less than 20,000, especially since it won't be on local TV.

Historian
12-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Maybe Ralph could spend his first communion money and buy out the remaining 20 K...

:roflmao:

trapezeus
12-04-2013, 11:14 AM
we are finally acting like big market toronto and all of a sudden it's an issue.

get us a real CEO who can put together a top notch football department and watch us show up when the results come in.

Show us some wins in close games. Show us the ability to win back to back games in a season. Show us that you can deal with the bullies in NE.

instead its more excuses. so now we have a couple on why we don't want to watch.

THATHURMANATOR
12-04-2013, 01:02 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/04/20000-tickets-remain-for-bills-home-finale/

Not a bad point... can't give Toronto crap if the inability to sellout true home games exists.

There is 0 chance they move to LA IMO.

Keep in mind that Skydome only has 45k seats. While Ralph has 70k+

Not to mention they had only about 20k at last weeks game.

To me they are apples and oranges in comparison.

It is hard for me to fault fans here for not selling out a game 3 days before christmas for a team that hasn't made the playoffs for a 14th consecutive season. If they were in the playoff hunt, and I mean really in the hunt(not 5-7) the game would already be sold out I can guarantee!

SpikedLemonade
12-04-2013, 01:10 PM
I don't see the Bills moving to LA or Toronto, but just prior to that one year lease window in <7 years time other cities including London, San Antonio, Portland, etc. will all become more and more attractive as their cities grow compared to a declining Buffalo.

The Bills can raise their ticket prices and the fans will pay. What the Bills cannot do is obtain the luxury box revenue that other cities can obtain.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-04-2013, 01:39 PM
If Farmer's Field gets built in Los Angeles, it will get an NFL franchise. Whether that's the Bills remains to be seen, but the NFL is not going to leave the LA market vacant if there's a legit NFL quality stadium there.

better days
12-04-2013, 01:55 PM
If Farmer's Field gets built in Los Angeles, it will get an NFL franchise. Whether that's the Bills remains to be seen, but the NFL is not going to leave the LA market vacant if there's a legit NFL quality stadium there.

Well, I was told Farmers Field would be built without doubt by people on this board.

What is the IF about?

IlluminatusUIUC
12-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Well, I was told Farmers Field would be built without doubt by people on this board.

...ok? I don't recall saying that, and I wouldn't assume anything about a billion dollar project in California until they broke ground.

What is the IF about?

The CEO of the Anshutz group left the company, and he was one of the major driving forces behind the project. The financial hurdles remain, but the legal hurdles have largely been cleared.

trapezeus
12-04-2013, 02:36 PM
LA will not get an east coast team. its oakland or san diego. the owners got burned on the rams move and don't want those expenses again. there was an article about this a few years ago and i'm blanking on details, but when they expanded, they rams did not get an equal amount of the fees because their cost had been so expensive.

As for portland getting a team, pro teams have left that area, not gone into it. the mindset in portland is a little different and less jockular. they can grow all they want, but they are kind of an alternative hipsters.

If the NFL wants to go into other middling towns, they should just expand and let the current owners reap the benefits of a growing game. the game isn't watered down, it could take on two more teams without much impact. You'd have to reallign again, but that's not a huge deal.

We keep thinking its about the fans, and it never is. it's about squeaking every last dollar out of the fan.

The Popcorn
12-04-2013, 06:45 PM
Maybe Ralph could spend his first communion money and buy out the remaining 20 K...

:roflmao:

Wasn't Ralph around before first communion existed? Don't you mean his tip money from the Last Supper?

OpIv37
12-04-2013, 07:25 PM
I don't see the Bills moving to LA or Toronto, but just prior to that one year lease window in <7 years time other cities including London, San Antonio, Portland, etc. will all become more and more attractive as their cities grow compared to a declining Buffalo.

The Bills can raise their ticket prices and the fans will pay. What the Bills cannot do is obtain the luxury box revenue that other cities can obtain.

London will never be viable for a full-time team. 1 or 2 games a year there, sure. But it's too expensive and the travel time is too long to be sending a team across the pond every week. And playing West Coast teams would mean 9 hours of travel each way for the away team.

Then you'd have the added problem of FA's not wanting to go there because it's so far, out of the country, higher taxes, etc.

OpIv37
12-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Wasn't Ralph around before first communion existed? Don't you mean his tip money from the Last Supper?

Ralph at the Last Supper? That's absurd.

First, he doesn't tip. Second, the Last Supper wasn't at Denny's.

Night Train
12-05-2013, 04:30 AM

The Davis family still holds territorial rights, so look for long court battles if they flirt with anyone outside of the Raiders.

The Bills Are Moving To L.A. - 24 years and still slowly packing. :rofl:

better days
12-05-2013, 07:00 AM
...ok? I don't recall saying that, and I wouldn't assume anything about a billion dollar project in California until they broke ground.

The CEO of the Anshutz group left the company, and he was one of the major driving forces behind the project. The financial hurdles remain, but the legal hurdles have largely been cleared.

I don't remember if you said it or not, but there were more than a few people that did say the Stadium was a done deal in LA.

I said I would believe it after ground was broken. Well, ground still has not been broken & I doubt ever will be.

The financial hurdles for that to happen are ENORMOUS.

Historian
12-05-2013, 07:30 AM
If they were in the playoff hunt, and I mean really in the hunt(not 5-7) the game would already be sold out I can guarantee!

Absolutely.

And fans would be lined up outside in a blizzard for playoff tickets in the corners of the upper deck.

I have no doubt.

better days
12-05-2013, 09:03 AM
Absolutely.

And fans would be lined up outside in a blizzard for playoff tickets in the corners of the upper deck.

I have no doubt.

Well, I sat in the very last top row of the upper deck for one game in late November in my younger days.

It was a great view of the game.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-05-2013, 11:29 AM
The Davis family still holds territorial rights, so look for long court battles if they flirt with anyone outside of the Raiders.

The Bills Are Moving To L.A. - 24 years and still slowly packing. :rofl:

The Davis family claims to hold those rights, but it is an extremely specious claim. The Raiders were in Los Angeles for 12 years out of the 50+ of their existence. By contrast the Rams were in the LA area for nearly a half century and no one claims they still have rights there.

Oakland games aren't even aired in LA some weeks
http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2013&wk=14
http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2013&wk=12
http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2013&wk=11

I don't remember if you said it or not, but there were more than a few people that did say the Stadium was a done deal in LA.

I said I would believe it after ground was broken. Well, ground still has not been broken & I doubt ever will be.

The financial hurdles for that to happen are ENORMOUS.

The financial hurdles for an LA stadium are large, but so are the hurdles necessary for the Bills to get the new stadium they need to be viable.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Ralph at the Last Supper? That's absurd.

First, he doesn't tip. Second, the Last Supper wasn't at Denny's.

Third, he left the last supper before it was served. Something about doing what he had to. I hear it involved something like 30 bucks.