Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haile SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Russ Brandon is Openly Wondering Whether the Bills Can Remain Viable in Buffalo

"It's also about being viable. That's one of the things that we've talked about for many years here. Look at it from the standpoint from where we've been on the ticket side. We've taken a game out of the market that has essentially taken 70,000 seats out of our market, and we've truly only sold out two of our home games," Brandon said. "We've manufactured sellouts in the other four or five. We're trying to find ways to obviously keep this team viable and we've done a very good job, and this [Toronto] series has obviously contributed to that."

Buffalo Bills CEO Russ Brandon said Wednesday he will "review" the future of the team's annual Toronto game after it lost for the fifth time Sunday in the six years they've played in Canada.

To me that is the more interesting part of that article.

By the way, in the NFL seat sales revenue along with TV revenue and some other revenue is shared among the teams.

Luxury box revenue is not shared and how poorly Buffalo performs relative to other NFL cities in that area is something a potential new Bills owner will look at very carefully.
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Re: Russ Brandon is Openly Wondering Whether the Bills Can Remain Viable in Buffalo

Scare tactic? Better buy up those tickets,,,,

Comment

• Thurmal
      • Oct 2005

Re: Russ Brandon is Openly Wondering Whether the Bills Can Remain Viable in Buffalo

Maybe if the team didn't completely suck EVERY SINGLE YEAR, people would buy tickets. What do I know, though, I'm not the marketing master Brandon is.

It's like a guy running a restaurant that serves nothing but saltine crackers and orange juice thinking that he just needs to put better ads in the newspaper to increase his customer base.
      "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

Move them wherever you want, and after the first two years, watch the attendance drop like a stone.

Go ahead Brandon....I dare you.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

No Buffalo team NFL
          Last edited by TacklingDummy; 12-04-2013, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

Oh, and Brandon would probably have to sell his restaurants were he to stay with the team.

Bonus.

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Maybe he would sell all of the tickets if he actually spent to the cap and brought in some talent.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                Legendary Zoner
                • May 2009

**** this **** sucker. If the Bills weren't a garbage laughing stock every year for the last 14 years, the fans would have no problem shelling out money for tickets. Hell. my dumb ass has done it for the last 12 years. I'm done with it after this year. I don't put up with people holding things over my head. I say move the team. **** him.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

take the team. it's obvious they don't care about winning. it honestly takes more skill to not make the playoffs in 14 years than to fall back asswards into it just once in that time.

the jauron hire was kind of the proof that they don't care. then gailey and then an exhaustive search for the guy with a mediocre record who just happened to be in our backyard. wow!

Then they have the same money guy who can't retain talent but is great at letting it walk away for 20+ years. They simply don't want to win.

the players hardly stay in the area and call it a home. there is little benefit to having this ****bag team. $130MM to make an eyesore a little less so?

build an ***** stadium in downtown, work with the NFL to create some events that could be held in Buffalo and be positive for the city and the team, and then have a real front office who knows how to spend wisely and thus can compete in a decently sized regional area.

the uppercrust having poor man complaints...Russ' schtick.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                    • Sep 2009

**** this **********.

What a piece of ****. Make it viable by putting a decent team together you moron. Is that too much to ask?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

He is 100% right though good team or not.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
                        He is 100% right though good team or not.
                        are you kidding? this team has sucked and the people most responsible in the power structure are still there and promoted. you can keep changing coaches, qbs, etc, but the problem is russ himself. it's clear as day. the fact his analytics program doesn't pick that up shows that that new iniatitve to shift blame to someone other than him is also broken.

they need a football mind, or at least a new one. brandon is like our obsession with having kick returners. the bills are obsessed with his marketing angle. but the guy is selling football in buffalo. not particularly hard. win, and the stadium fills. yes, there are a lot of hands to shake to fill the boxes with big companies, etc. but filling the bowl is about winning. and we've filled that bowl long enough with teams with no talent, no coaching and they want that to continue indefinitely. is he crazy.

I want a football guy to be at the top and creating an effective and lean football operation. So that when we lose one player, it isn't the end of the season. we have depth.

Russ Brandon's problems are self inflicted and he should get zero sympathies from the fanbase.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • May 2009

My first post was a knee jerk reaction to just reading what you posted. I listened to the interview and it's obvious that Brandon is on the fans' side and has their perspective in focus. "The toronto series will be reviewed in grand manner' Howard - "Can the Bills get out of it can you Russ?" Russ - "I'm going to look at everything Howard"

I think the bull**** articles from the Toronto star pissed off OBD. I'm sure the article about waiting for Ralph to die so TO can steal the team didn't help matters. It appears their is a great big rift in the working relationship between the Bills organization and the Rogers group now.

- - - Updated - - -

Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                            Move them wherever you want, and after the first two years, watch the attendance drop like a stone.

Go ahead Brandon....I dare you.
                            Well, except like when the Browns moved to Baltimore, SUDDENLY the team IMPROVES & becomes a SUPER BOWL team.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                              Escaped Convict
                              • Jul 2002

Russ need not worry.

Whoever buys the Bills after Ralph dies will ABSOLUTELY fire his useless ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X