Spiller and Jackson both wore #20 in practice today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Spiller and Jackson both wore #20 in practice today.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills had perfect attendance at the start of Wednesday's practice, but that wasn't the biggest story from the team's facility.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills had perfect attendance at the start of Wednesday's practice, but that wasn't the biggest story from the team's facility.

After veteran running back Tashard Choice was released earlier Wednesday, fellow running backsFred Jackson and C.J. Spiller both wore his No. 20 practice jersey during drills that were open to reporters and cameras.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Spiller and Jackson both wore #20 in practice today.

The move really doesn't make much sense at this point in the season.

Comment

• jamze132
      • Jun 2003

They were close, just showing their support.

I bet Tashard wasn't doing something right in Marrone's eyes.

Comment

• Gibby
        Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
        They were close, just showing their support.

I bet Tashard wasn't doing something right in Marrone's eyes.
        Or maybe the front office gang is meddling in team affairs again.

Comment

• Ed
          • Sep 2002

They probably just want to give some players from the PS an opportunity over the last few games. Choice might not be the last player to get cut before the season ends.

Comment

• Ed
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ed View Post
            They probably just want to give some players from the PS an opportunity over the last few games. Choice might not be the last player to get cut before the season ends.
            Never mind. Just saw the Moeki signing in the other thread.

Comment

• Bangarang
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
              The move really doesn't make much sense at this point in the season.
              Explain?

Releasing a guy that wasn't much of a contribution, more of an insurance policy, to try and upgrade other another position?

If Moeaki can stay healthy then he's a much better option than Chandler. You can find 3rd string RBs all over the league looking for work.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by MST3KBillsfan View Post
                Or maybe the front office gang is meddling in team affairs again.
                impossible. it's a new regime....run by the same old cronies who brought you 14 years of misery. i think we owe russ brandon one more chance to get it right. clearly 4-5 coaches isn't enough.

that being said, choice isn't very good. for a 3rd back the bills need a bruiser and summers literally has had a big play every time he's touched hte ball thus far in his limited action.

Comment

• Gibby
                  Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                  impossible. it's a new regime....run by the same old cronies who brought you 14 years of misery. i think we owe russ brandon one more chance to get it right. clearly 4-5 coaches isn't enough.

that being said, choice isn't very good. for a 3rd back the bills need a bruiser and summers literally has had a big play every time he's touched hte ball thus far in his limited action.
                  Even though I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night I see what you did there.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                    • Oct 2002

That's somewhat surprising given CJ's ankle problems and Fred getting banged up a bunch this season.
                    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

There probably is a rule against multiple players wearing the same jersey with the same name, would probably be funnier if it was so simple they never thought of it, but I couldn't find it in a feeble search. It would be awesome if they both came out wearing Choice jerseys in the game, all the offensive linemen wore Levitre jerseys, the QB's said Fitzpatrick, the receivers said Nelson, the linebackers Barnett, and such.

On a halfback flea flicker direct snap with an option pass you might see....."It's snapped to Choice, hands off to Choice....it goes back to Choice.....he's throwing to Choice, he laterals to Choice, back to Choice, Choice is going long to Choice....Choice has it !"
                      Last edited by Mace; 12-04-2013, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Crisis
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                        There probably is a rule against multiple players wearing the same jersey with the same name, would probably be funnier if it was so simple they never thought of it, but I couldn't find it in a feeble search. It would be awesome if they both came out wearing Choice jerseys in the game, all the offensive linemen wore Levitre jerseys, the QB's said Fitzpatrick, the receivers said Nelson, the linebackers Barnett, and such.

On a halfback flea flicker direct snap with an option pass you might see....."It's snapped to Choice, hands off to Choice....it goes back to Choice.....he's throwing to Choice, he laterals to Choice, back to Choice, Choice is going long to Choice....Choice has it !"
                        If it were possible Belichick would have done it already.
                        Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                        Vanek is Austrian not European
                        Originally posted by Prov401
                        Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                        Originally posted by better days
                        I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          • May 2009

Tashard was always a terrible choice at running back.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Interesting move of solidarity.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡
                            👍