PDA

View Full Version : NFL Bans Daniel Defense Super Bowl Ad

imbondz
12-04-2013, 10:12 PM
http://www.mrcolionnoir.com/rants/nfl-bans-daniel-defense-super-bowl-ad-response/

great ad, but even better commentary/response afterwards.

Downinfloflo
12-04-2013, 10:22 PM
Almost as creepy as the Navy T.V ads...

Americas Navy.. "A Global Force For Good"...

Meathead
12-04-2013, 10:27 PM
meh i forgot that guys name but ive seen some of his other stuff and its not entirely convincing imo. i like guns and i like beer but i would have no problem with banning both alcohol and firearms ads during prime time. nothing wrong with proper use of either but i can see why we would decide not to glamorize them (like we do now and heck that dont cause no prollems)

imbondz
12-04-2013, 11:17 PM
I don't have a problem with them banning the ad either. the NFL can decide what they want shown during their broadcasts. I just liked the guys commentary afterwards.

DraftBoy
12-05-2013, 06:51 AM
This happens every year. An Ad is submitted that they know will get banned so instead of paying the roughly $4 Million for Super Bowl Ad time, the company gets a **** ton of free media nation wide and their ad gets run a few thousand times.

Albany,n.y.
12-05-2013, 08:20 AM
This happens every year. An Ad is submitted that they know will get banned so instead of paying the roughly $4 Million for Super Bowl Ad time, the company gets a **** ton of free media nation wide and their ad gets run a few thousand times.

That seems like a logical answer considering that I've never seen a commercial like that anywhere on TV before. Why else would a group that has never spent any advertising money on regular prime time television, cable or network sports, suddenly spend millions on a Super Bowl ad? My guess is this commercial, or any other like it, has been aired only on small local stations in gun friendly areas, at relatively low costs.