PDA

View Full Version : Draft Order: Bills Pick 9th

Ed
12-06-2013, 03:53 PM
Pretty lame to be talking draft positioning already, but with the loss to the Falcons and two other likely top 10 teams in the next couple weeks, I thought it would be interesting to look at the current draft order.

1. Houston 2-11
2. St. Louis (via Washington 3-9)
3. Atlanta 3-9
4. Tampa 3-9
5. Minnesota 3-8-1
6. Jacksonville 4-9
7. Oakland 4-8
8. Cleveland 4-8
9. Buffalo 4-8
10. Pittsburgh 5-7
11. NY Jets 5-7
12. San Diego 5-7
13. Tennessee 5-7
14. St. Louis 5-7
15. NY Giants 5-7

Oakland and Cleveland are both currently ahead of the Bills because they have a weaker SOS. I bet no one would have guessed at the beginning of the season that Houston, Washington, and Atlanta would be in the top 3 at this point.

So will the Bills move up or down this list? Who should they draft if they end up 9th?

imbondz
12-06-2013, 03:58 PM
I totally believe we can get top 5!

better days
12-06-2013, 04:00 PM
​SCREW THE 2-14 CROWD.

Thurmal
12-06-2013, 04:03 PM
If we boot these next two games, they'll be in great shape to do so.

This is the Bills, though, so they will find a way to pull out a few wins here and there to draft at 11 and still miss the playoffs.

Downinfloflo
12-06-2013, 04:05 PM
There really is no reason to win these next couple of games....But knowing the Bills, That's what they will do now that it means nothing.

And in doing so they will fall down the draft board.

If they lose the remaining games, They will be in a good position this up coming draft, They could could move their 1st rounder to someone looking to move up to take one of the QB's and gain some extra picks.

SpikedLemonade
12-06-2013, 04:06 PM

"But...but...but...we have to win these December games to learn how to win..."

Just like the Chiefs did last year.

Ed
12-06-2013, 04:08 PM
I think Houston is a lock to finish worse than the Bills. I think Atlanta, Minnesota, Cleveland, and Oakland all have a good shot of losing out. I don't think top 5 is happening.

SpikedLemonade
12-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Pretty lame to be talking draft positioning already, but with the loss to the Falcons and two other likely top 10 teams in the next couple weeks, I thought it would be interesting to look at the current draft order.

1. Houston 2-11
2. St. Louis (via Washington 3-9)
3. Atlanta 3-9
4. Tampa 3-9
5. Minnesota 3-8-1
6. Jacksonville 4-9
7. Oakland 4-8
8. Cleveland 4-8
9. Buffalo 4-8
10. Pittsburgh 5-7
11. NY Jets 5-7
12. San Diego 5-7
13. Tennessee 5-7
14. St. Louis 5-7
15. NY Giants 5-7

Oakland and Cleveland are both currently ahead of the Bills because they have a weaker SOS. I bet no one would have guessed at the beginning of the season that Houston, Washington, and Atlanta would be in the top 3 at this point.

So will the Bills move up or down this list? Who should they draft if they end up 9th?

I bet you the Texans will make the play-offs before the Bills do.

The Texans are doing the tank properly.

They will get the #1 overall draft pick to choose a QB and start next year with a new head coach.

Crisis
12-06-2013, 04:28 PM

They will get the #1 overall draft pick to choose a QB and start next year with a new head coach.

Texans were supposed to be a superbowl contender this year though. They have more talent than us.

ParanoidAndroid
12-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Texans are tanking for Manziel.

Buffalogic
12-06-2013, 04:41 PM
We will win out when it doesn't matter and we will continue to be mired in mediocrity with a middle first round pick and have the false hope of 'we ended on a hot streak' to get us to fall into the infinite, recurring trap that is being a Buffalo Bills fan.

- - - Updated - - -

Total Bust.

better days
12-06-2013, 04:47 PM

So Kreskin, which Qb will they draft to take them to the promised land?

I am not overly impressed with the QB class this year myself.

Ed
12-06-2013, 04:56 PM
What a bold prediction! Wait right here, let me go get my wallet.

BillsFever21
12-06-2013, 05:15 PM
If we lost to the Jags and Bucs then we could potentially move up a couple slots. Like others said since it would help us overall we will probably win the meaningless games.

It would be nice to get into the top 5 or so. I just don't want to end up moving down the draft board anymore and would like to secure at least a top 10 pick. In the current top 10 there are only two teams in Atlanta and Pittsburgh that definitely won't be looking for a QB in the first round. I also doubt the Rams will be unless they're ready to give up on Bradford and like one of the QB's high in the draft. They may look more towards the 2nd round for a QB. If so then they are in another great spot to trade down with another team and get more extra draft picks.

If we could reach the top 5 then we could have a good pick of the litter on any non-QB's assuming at least a couple QB's go in the first 4 picks. Either that or it could set us up with a good chance to move down a few spots and get extra draft picks.

TacklingDummy
12-06-2013, 05:19 PM
It starts with losing the next 2.
We need to lose to them.
But the Bills will screw that up too.

TacklingDummy
12-06-2013, 05:22 PM
If they lose the remaining games, They will be in a good position this up coming draft, They could could move their 1st rounder to someone looking to move up to take one of the QB's and gain some extra picks.if Johnny Football is on the board when the Bills pick, they have to draft him.

Unless we wait for Winston.

DesertFox24
12-06-2013, 05:33 PM
if Johnny Football is on the board when the Bills pick, they have to draft him.

Unless we wait for Winston.

Johnny Football is a terrible football player. I want no part of him what so ever.

Even if we did not draft Manual and still had Fitz I would not want Johnny Football he is going to be a terrible pro and should go back to school for another year to work on his progressions.

GingerP
12-06-2013, 05:34 PM
The story of the Bills:

We suck, but we don't suck enough.

BertSquirtgum
12-06-2013, 05:54 PM
​SCREW THE 2-14 CROWD.

No such thing.

Don't Panic
12-06-2013, 06:16 PM
We have 16 games a year. I don't ever want to see my team quit, and that's with the knowledge that we were a pick or two away from getting some guys I really wanted in the past (Keuchly comes to mind). That said, I definitely wouldn't complain with some hard fought losses a la Cincy and Atlanta in these next four weeks. In the end I think we end up 5-11 or 6-10 because we're too talented to lose 4 straight with this slate of games.

SpikedLemonade
12-06-2013, 07:01 PM
So Kreskin, which Qb will they draft to take them to the promised land?

I am not overly impressed with the QB class this year myself.

Too early to tell.

Scumbag College
12-06-2013, 07:24 PM
As of now, the Bills really need help at DB (I think Byrd is gone,) WR, RT, LG, and TE. It doesn't matter if the Bills pick 6th or 12th, there will be guys there that they can pick and put in and be an immediate upgrade on Opening Day 2014.

alohabillsfan
12-07-2013, 03:11 AM
I would take the 9 mil per that Byrd wants and give it to Orakpo!

TacklingDummy
12-07-2013, 07:14 AM
Trade Byrd for a 1st and Johnson for a 2nd.

Night Train
12-07-2013, 07:23 AM
Ed starts an interesting thread.. and the " Look At ME cry " gang takes it over. What a surprise. :rofl: :shortbus:

Draft isn't until May this year, IIRC so plenty of time to cry for a QB.. when LB, DT, OG, TE & WR are the actual needs.

TacklingDummy
12-07-2013, 07:33 AM
I'd be happy with the Bills selecting WR Mike Evans with their pick and TE Jace Amaro with the Byrd pick in the 1st round.
And Tajh Boyd (or whatever QB drops) in the 2nd.

stuckincincy
12-07-2013, 07:59 AM
We have 16 games a year. I don't ever want to see my team quit, and that's with the knowledge that we were a pick or two away from getting some guys I really wanted in the past (Keuchly comes to mind). That said, I definitely wouldn't complain with some hard fought losses a la Cincy and Atlanta in these next four weeks. In the end I think we end up 5-11 or 6-10 because we're too talented to lose 4 straight with this slate of games.

I agree. The club has made good strides this season.

Bangarang
12-07-2013, 08:18 AM
The Rams got a great deal from Washington. Wow..

DraftBoy
12-07-2013, 08:39 AM
I'd still lean towards Front 7 or OL with this pick. I think with guys like Lewan, Matthews, and others out there you gotta take the OT and protect Manuel.

stuckincincy
12-07-2013, 08:48 AM
I'd still lean towards Front 7 or OL with this pick. I think with guys like Lewan, Matthews, and others out there you gotta take the OT and protect Manuel.

Can't go wrong with an OL most years. Plus, their line has been almost intact all season long. Dare I say it - they are building a bench?

Ed
12-07-2013, 10:25 AM
I don't think winning any of these next four games is meaningless if EJ Manuel plays well. Whether you like him or not, he's not going anywhere and the Bills aren't looking to replace him. They'll give him every opportunity to succeed and probably focus on trying to surround him with more talent. There's way more value in EJ playing well than gaining a few draft spots. It would be one thing if someone like Fitzpatrick was our qb and you knew that you wanted to draft a qb. Then you can justify losing out to give yourself the best chance to get the qb you want, but with EJ already being that guy we're way better off if he plays well to finish the season.

SpikedLemonade
12-07-2013, 10:26 AM

An OT would be an excellent pick!

Ed
12-07-2013, 10:27 AM
I'd be happy with OL in the first, but I don't think we're going to be picking high enough to get one of the top OT's. I always like the idea of doing what we did last year in trading down and gaining an extra 2nd. I also like the idea of getting a TE like Ebron. I'm curious what you think of the top TE's in this years class and where you see them going.

SpikedLemonade
12-07-2013, 10:30 AM
I don't think winning any of these next four games is meaningless if EJ Manuel plays well. Whether you like him or not, he's not going anywhere and the Bills aren't looking to replace him. They'll give him every opportunity to succeed and probably focus on trying to surround him with more talent. There's way more value in EJ playing well than gaining a few draft spots. It would be one thing if someone like Fitzpatrick was our qb and you knew that you wanted to draft a qb. Then you can justify losing out to give yourself the best chance to get the qb you want, but with EJ already being that guy we're way better off if he plays well to finish the season.

Could EJ not play well but we still lose?

I thought EJ played well last week and we lost.

Perhaps our D gets gashed and we lose high scoring games.

I have faith in EJ and he is the indisputable starter for next season.

Just hope he can stay healthy.

SpikedLemonade
12-07-2013, 10:32 AM
I'd be happy with OL in the first, but I don't think we're going to be picking high enough to get one of the top OT's. I always like the idea of doing what we did last year in trading down and gaining an extra 2nd. I also like the idea of getting a TE like Ebron. I'm curious what you think of the top TE's in this years class and where you see them going.

5-11 would get us in the 7th or 8th overall draft position and with a couple QBs going early this year, we should be able to draft the second LT off the board.

Ed
12-07-2013, 10:42 AM

Yeah, absolutely. As long as EJ plays well I'm not all that concerned with getting the win or not. I just think it would be foolish or short sighted for people to want him to struggle just to gain a few draft spots. And fair or not, qb's are judged by wins and losses, so I think it would do a lot for him if he can show the ability to lead the team to victories. How well he plays and if he wins or not could have an impact on potential FA's too. Obviously money rules, but players want to believe in their qb too and think they have a chance to win. It's impossible to know right now how gaining draft spots will ultimately impact the Bills future, so I'd rather just see EJ play well and win.

better days
12-07-2013, 12:49 PM

IF he can stay healthy is the only question. If EJ gets injured in these last 4 games, then I think the Bills have to look for a QB that is more durable.

The Popcorn
12-07-2013, 02:01 PM

Bridgewater is a better QB by far.

The Popcorn
12-07-2013, 02:03 PM
An OT would be an excellent pick!

They should draft a LT and move Glenn to LG. They would improve the OL big time.

better days
12-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Bridgewater is a better QB by far.

I don't see either Manziel or Bridgewater as Sure thing QB's.

They could both be BUSTS. And Manuel & Glennon may be better NFL QB's than the two of them.

sudzy
12-07-2013, 04:12 PM
They should be in a great position to pick thier next underachieving CB.

Raptor
12-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Doesn't matter where we pick, once they let Byrd get away the Bills will select Clinton-Dix to replace him

whether that is at 9, 5, or 13 ....doesn't matter

The Popcorn
12-07-2013, 06:20 PM
I don't see either Manziel or Bridgewater as Sure thing QB's.

They could both be BUSTS. And Manuel & Glennon may be better NFL QB's than the two of them.

I didn't say anything about sure thing. I said Bridgewater is by far the better QB but that's only my opinion. Anybody in any draft could be a bust. The NFL Draft is a crapshoot.