PDA

View Full Version : 4 Straight To 8-8

BillsImpossible
12-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Can the Bills do it?

I think they can if they are able to put their previous losses behind them and have finally learned how to hate losing.

EJ Manuel is the type of quarterback that does not look back and dwell on the past. He put the Bills in a position to win against Atlanta despite the fumbles, bad calls, and his own lackluster performance.

EJ seems to be at his best when his back is up against the wall. He has performed very well in crunch time, and thrives with adversity.

The Bills are under intense playoff elimination pressure, so I feel good about the next 4 games with EJ Manuel at QB.

Crisis
12-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Can the Bills do it?

I think they can if they are able to put their previous losses behind them and have finally learned how to hate losing.

EJ Manuel is the type of quarterback that does not look back and dwell on the past. He put the Bills in a position to win against Atlanta despite the fumbles, bad calls, and his own lackluster performance.

EJ seems to be at his best when his back is up against the wall. He has performed very well in crunch time, and thrives with adversity.

The Bills are under intense playoff elimination pressure, so I feel good about the next 4 games with EJ Manuel at QB.

Praying for 8-8? Why Do Bills Fans Love Average and Hate Greatness? (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/221256-Why-Do-Bills-Fans-Love-Average-and-Hate-Greatness?highlight=)

BillsImpossible
12-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Praying for 8-8? Why Do Bills Fans Love Average and Hate Greatness? (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/221256-Why-Do-Bills-Fans-Love-Average-and-Hate-Greatness?highlight=)

A playoff birth is anything but average. Seattle made the playoffs at 7-9 two years ago.

A .500 "batting," average in the NFL is better than anything the Bills have seen since 2004.

Dick Jauron is your hero, right?

OpIv37
12-06-2013, 09:44 PM
A playoff birth is anything but average. Seattle made the playoffs at 7-9 two years ago.

A .500 "batting," average in the NFL is better than anything the Bills have seen since 2004.

Dick Jauron is your hero, right?
Seattle didn't have the Patriots in their division. They won a **** division with no .500 or better teams. 7-9 will never get a WC, and it's rare that 8-8 gets a WC.

All 8-8 gets us is a worse draft position.

better days
12-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Seattle didn't have the Patriots in their division. They won a **** division with no .500 or better teams. 7-9 will never get a WC, and it's rare that 8-8 gets a WC.

All 8-8 gets us is a worse draft position.

So what if 8-8 gets us a worse draft position.

Every year, there are guys drafted lower than they should be, that perform MUCH BETTER than guys drafted before them.

Example: Kiko Alonso

If the Bills do their jobs in the next draft as well as they did this year, it won't matter what their position in the draft is.

OpIv37
12-06-2013, 09:57 PM
So what if 8-8 gets us a worse draft position.

Every year, there are guys drafted lower than they should be, that perform MUCH BETTER than guys drafted before them.

Example: Kiko Alonso

If the Bills do their jobs in the next draft as well as they did this year, it won't matter what their position in the draft is.

Yeah, and there are also going to be several quality players off the board if we pick with a 4-12 record versus an 8-8 record.

Don't get me wrong- we still have to try to win the games because a) the draft is no guarantee and b) this culture of losing has to end- the players have to have pride and have to be accountable for their performance, which hasn't happened since the Wade Phillips days. But, honestly, I just want to see the young guys continue to improve and I want to beat the Patriots because I ****ing hate them. I don't want the team to lose, but I won't be pissed about it because it does help our draft position.

stuckincincy
12-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Janus starts yet another thread... :kid:

IlluminatusUIUC
12-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Are we going to get one of these "We're going to win out" threads from BI every week?

Jeff1220
12-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Easy does it. This team hasn't even won 2 in a row yet.

Mr. Pink
12-07-2013, 01:56 PM
I feel so bipolar this year with this team.

Playoffs are done. It ain't happening. They really were technically done a month ago but we got some new life providing we didn't fumble away a W last week.

Building a winning culture is meaningless. It's a garbage theory that doesn't exist. There should be enough teams that have gone from brutal to good in one offseason to teach this lesson.

Lose out, get the highest pick possible to bring in another franchise cornerstone difference maker.

DunkCityFan
12-07-2013, 03:03 PM
If the Bills go 8-8 it is actually very likely that they make the playoffs. Play around with the ESPN Calculator. There are multiple realistic ways for them to get there. Texans, Pitt and Cleveland all have to lose some games, but I'm not sure I'd be thrilled to be in their shoes either.

Unfortunately, 8-8 is more unrealistic than their chances of getting in the playoffs at 8-8. I'm hopin though.

coastal
12-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Hope?

listen Shawshankers... It was a movie and an over-rated one at that.

Here's a prediction... they aren't making the playoffs next year either.

BillsImpossible
12-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Hope?

listen Shawshankers... It was a movie and an over-rated one at that.

Here's a prediction... they aren't making the playoffs next year either.

Blasphemy! Off with your head!

BillsFever21
12-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Are we going to get one of these "We're going to win out" threads from BI every week?

Well when we were 3-6 he started the threads about winning out and going 10-6. With each loss it turned into 9-7 and now 8-8. After the next loss it will be 7-9 and if 8 other teams lose out or lose 2 of their last 3 games we might could the playoffs.

WagonCircler
12-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Well, you had the 4 straight part right.

Novacane
12-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Well, you had the 4 straight part right.

LOL. You beat me to it!

Syderick
12-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Bills can't even hit 8-8. It would actually be an improvement if they could get that record.

don137
12-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Kind of hard to go 8-8 when it appears the team has already packed it in for the season.

coastal
12-08-2013, 03:19 PM
The head is dead and has been.

SpikedLemonade
12-08-2013, 03:24 PM
Assuming the Pats lose today and with the Dolphins victory today, we are going to be facing two very motivated teams in our last two games.

We got a great shot to end the season with 5 straight losses and a 4-12 record.

WagonCircler
12-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Hope?

listen Shawshankers....

Shawshankers?

Try Obama voters.

BertSquirtgum
12-08-2013, 03:32 PM
4-9. AWESOME.

BillsFever21
12-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Now all we need is the thread where Bills will win out to finish 7-9 and make the playoffs and BillsImpossible can put his stamp on it. They can still win out and the Ravens, Dolphins, Chargers, Jets, etc, can all still lose the rest of their games.

BillsFever21
12-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Assuming the Pats lose today and with the Dolphins victory today, we are going to be facing two very motivated teams in our last two games.

We got a great shot to end the season with 5 straight losses and a 4-12 record.

If that happened we would finish the season 1-11 to end the season after starting off 3-4. Hell we've already lost 5 of our last 6 games with the only win being against the Jets. That's absolutely pathetic. Without a lucky fumble by Tannehill we would be looking at 1-7 in our last 8 games. Just another Bills season.