PDA

View Full Version : Marrone talks a Big game but...

kingJofNYC
12-08-2013, 01:39 PM
He's no better than the rest. Team is not improving. EJ was his guy and he looks like a complete turd.

He talks about close losses all the time, but fails to mention that most of our wins were close as hell.

We needed Flacco to completely implode and we barely won, needed a diving int to win. Tannehill fumbled the game away, and the Panthers blew a coverage and left Steve wide open.

Beating Geno Smith is the only decisive victory. Close losses, this team is closer to being 1-11 doug.

imbondz
12-08-2013, 01:41 PM
well, if you're going to take that stand, then we could have easily won some of those close losses.

kingJofNYC
12-08-2013, 01:43 PM
well, if you're going to take that stand, then we could have easily won some of those close losses.

you're right, no question, chiefs game, last week, but things balances themselves out.

our close wins may cancel out our close losses.

edit: comes down to point differential, ours isn't any good so he should stop talking about close games.

Novacane
12-08-2013, 01:44 PM
He'll be **** canned at the end next season after of another 4-12 year.

WagonCircler
12-08-2013, 01:46 PM
I just keep thinking about all the people who pissed all over the suggestion that Andy Reid would be a good idea.

No, Brandon chooses a career sub-.500 coach from a middling college program in his own hometown.

Good plan, Russ.

kingJofNYC
12-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Andy Reid wanted nothing to do with us, but that's because he had his guy as GM with the Chiefs.

Reid knew where he wanted to go.

WagonCircler
12-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Andy Reid wanted nothing to do with us, but that's because he had his guy as GM with the Chiefs.

Reid knew where he wanted to go.

I'm talking about for a few years. Reid was on death watch with the Eagles for about 5 years, but every time his name was brought up you'd think someone had suggested rehiring Kaye Stephenson.

kingJofNYC
12-08-2013, 02:26 PM
I'm talking about for a few years. Reid was on death watch with the Eagles for about 5 years, but every time his name was brought up you'd think someone had suggested rehiring Kaye Stephenson.

Ah, some fans see only the failures, the playoff failures, and are scared away.

Always been a solid football coach, won with poor QBs too when McNabb went down.

WagonCircler
12-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Ah, some fans see only the failures, the playoff failures, and are scared away.

Always been a solid football coach, won with poor QBs too when McNabb went down.

I'd kill for a playoff failure at this point.

It would mean that we had a watchable football season.

YardRat
12-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Marrone's biggest error so far appears to be bringing Hackett with him. He would be ahead of the game right now if he would have treated the offense the same as the defense, and brought someone on board who shared his philosophy but had a proven track record at the NFL level.

justasportsfan
12-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Looks like Marrones bark is bigger than his bite