PDA

View Full Version : Duh'Rick Rodgers Sighting

BillsFever21
12-08-2013, 01:54 PM
Da'Rick Rodgers just had a 69 yard TD reception for Indy. NTD would be proud.

BillsFever21
12-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Wasn't a TD just a reception.

WagonCircler
12-08-2013, 02:15 PM
In other news, last week I saw a bartender who used to work at Mickey Rats in the 80s.

kingJofNYC
12-08-2013, 03:12 PM
6 Reception 107 yards 2 TDs

Only one game but I'm glad Chris Hogan is on this team, same with TJ Graham!

stuckincincy
12-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Da'Rick Rodgers just had a 69 yard TD reception for Indy. NTD would be proud.

On the 1st one, he caught a middle pass about a yard shy of the 1st down and 2 close-by CIN defender just whiffed. The 2nd td was with CIN leading 42 - 21 in the waning moments. From around the 3 he drifted past the goal line, came out, snagged the short toss, and went in untouched.

Not anything dynamic on his part.

Mace
12-08-2013, 05:51 PM
In other news, last week I saw a bartender who used to work at Mickey Rats in the 80s.

I don't know if I'm capable of remembering any of those. I remember a few from the Continental, one from the Brick Bar, and past that am not even really sure what bars I was in during the 80's and 90's.

TacklingDummy
12-08-2013, 05:56 PM

Only one game but I'm glad Chris Hogan is on this team,
You mean Mr 7-Eleven because he's always open?

Or is that because he only has 7 receptions on the year?

Uncle Jesse
12-09-2013, 01:38 PM

Only one game but I'm glad Chris Hogan is on this team, same with TJ Graham!

Amazing what a legit NFL QB can do for your team and WRs...

justasportsfan
12-09-2013, 03:37 PM
It's not like Da'rick would have done anything here with EJ at qb. He would have been EJ's 6th read.

Albany,n.y.
12-12-2013, 02:36 PM
I was watching Inside The NFL last night and after Da'Rick showboated on a TD, a coach came over to him & told him not to do that anymore. It's stuff like this that got him cut.

Mahdi
12-12-2013, 02:44 PM
A WR with an attitude?

I think you take a player like that and you coach him up. It was obvious that Da'Rick would be a good player but we couldn't fit him in on our school boy team.

What's a principal for?

feldspar
12-12-2013, 09:51 PM
I don't know if I'm capable of remembering any of those. I remember a few from the Continental, one from the Brick Bar, and past that am not even really sure what bars I was in during the 80's and 90's.

The Pink Flamingo was a pretty cool bar to go to, at least I thought so at the time.

OpIv37
12-12-2013, 10:30 PM
I was watching Inside The NFL last night and after Da'Rick showboated on a TD, a coach came over to him & told him not to do that anymore. It's stuff like this that got him cut.

"Act like you've been there before."

-Marv Levy

OpIv37
12-12-2013, 10:32 PM
I was in town a few years back when we had the Sat night game against the Broncos. Our hotel was right across the street from the Continental. Very disappointed to see that it was closed.

starrymessenger
12-13-2013, 10:52 AM
"Act like you've been there before."

-Marv Levy
...and mean to go back there again -Bear Bryant.

k-oneputt
12-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Who would you rather be developing, Hogan or Rogers ? Who has more upside ?

BertSquirtgum
01-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Can somebody tell me why the Bills didn't at least keep this kid on the practice squad?

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-04-2014, 05:22 PM
Can somebody tell me why the Bills didn't at least keep this kid on the practice squad?

Why would we? TJ Graham is awesome...

BillsImpossible
01-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Another big catch.

Makes you wonder.

BertSquirtgum
01-04-2014, 05:47 PM
Why would we? TJ Graham is awesome...

Exactly. They keep stone hands over this guy? So dumb. I hate the Bills. Can't wait to tell the lady to eat **** when she calls for season ticket renewals.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-04-2014, 07:05 PM
and.... I was right. dumb to let him go

Ginger Vitis
01-04-2014, 07:13 PM
the guy makes one 46 yard catch and it was a monumental mistake to let him go.. OK

BertSquirtgum
01-04-2014, 07:23 PM
the guy makes one 46 yard catch and it was a monumental mistake to let him go.. OK

DUMB post. It was DUMB to keep stone hands instead of keeping rodgers.

Night Train
01-04-2014, 07:41 PM

and Sheppard was in for all of 5 plays and happened to fall on a fumble.

Jerry Hughes sucks !

Albany,n.y.
01-04-2014, 08:52 PM
Who would you rather be developing, Hogan or Rogers ? Who has more upside ?

But Hogan's Heroes sounds so much better than Rodger's Routes. It was all about the banners.

ZAZusmc03
01-04-2014, 08:54 PM
The guy didn't listen to coaches, and was often yelled at for not knowing he was supposed to be on the field in TC. I think being cut by us, then again by the colts, may have been the wake up call he needed. Who knows if he actually amounts to anything, but I highly doubt he would have panned out the first time around, regardless of the team that first signed him.

Bangarang
01-04-2014, 09:29 PM
Rogers makes his only play of the game with his team down 30 after being invisible for over a half of football and the muppets come out of hiding.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-04-2014, 09:48 PM
correct me if im wrong, but it was a huge momentum turning play, and all him. not to mention the big game he has a few weeks ago when he was elevated. all talking **** aside, i get he was a head case. but it was obvious that he had great talent. i still say it was a mistake to let him go. i would have cut easley

Downinfloflo
01-04-2014, 11:29 PM
Rodger is too tall to be a WR for the Buffalo Bills.

BertSquirtgum
01-05-2014, 12:00 AM
Rogers makes his only play of the game with his team down 30 after being invisible for over a half of football and the muppets come out of hiding.

So, you're happy the Bills have TJ Graham on the roster instead of da'rick rodgers? ME TOOO.

BertSquirtgum
01-05-2014, 12:01 AM
Anyone that stand behinds the Bills and their personnel decisions and think the Bills know **** all about talent is beyond ******ed.

Bangarang
01-05-2014, 12:25 AM
So, you're happy the Bills have TJ Graham on the roster instead of da'rick rodgers? ME TOOO.
Wait, what kind of sense does that make?

How does Rogers getting cut equate to me being satisfied with Graham?

Skooby
01-05-2014, 06:08 AM
Jolly Rogers .

coastal
01-05-2014, 06:44 AM
TJ Graham was a late round or undrafted FA type talent.

we took him the third ****ing round.... in lieu of Russell Wilson.

the stupid is so monumental.

We all must have done something pretty ****ed up in our previous lives, because the karma that goes with being a bills fan is so unbelievably bad it burns when I pee.

Jan Reimers
01-05-2014, 06:58 AM
I think we made a big mistake letting Rodgers go. We knew he was immature and a major project, but the potential was - and is - definitely there. I believe the Bills will come to regret their lack of patience with him. He has the kind of talent that is worth the time and effort to develop.

This is just one more telling story in our 14 years of abject failure.

Typ0
01-05-2014, 07:24 AM
They are just like us Jan. Sure, they have to speak the speak and walk the walk because it's their livelihood but at the end of the day they go home and shake their heads to: "wtf we are the Bills".

justasportsfan
01-05-2014, 08:34 AM
correct me if im wrong, but it was a huge momentum turning play, and all him. not to mention the big game he has a few weeks ago when he was elevated. all talking **** aside, i get he was a head case. but it was obvious that he had great talent. i still say it was a mistake to let him go. i would have cut easley

It wasn't all on him. Someone had to have the balls to throw it to him. Luck would make Tj Graham, Hogan and Goodwin look better than D'Arick.

Owen DeBoard
01-05-2014, 08:45 AM
Luck will be the best QB in the league in a few more years. The guy is very accurate and can make any throw on the field with accuracy not to mention he has very good pocket awareness. Colts fans have to be the luckiest fans in the league. First Peyton and now Luck.

gr8slayer
01-05-2014, 09:29 AM
I honestly didn't understand why they let him go. Sure he was raw, and probably a year away from making any real contributions, but he had more upside than any WR on the roster.

pmoon6
01-05-2014, 10:17 AM
Proof that Duh' Ricky Rogers will be a flash in the pan.....Not The Dude thinks he's good.

Proof that many Bills' Fans suck hind wind.......This thread.

Why don't you all hold your nose and blow.

It might clear out your minds.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-05-2014, 10:21 AM
I honestly didn't understand why they let him go. Sure he was raw, and probably a year away from making any real contributions, but he had more upside than any WR on the roster.

Maybe his head wasn't in it until we dumped him.

I can understand dumping him, but I still don't understand keeping Hogan.

TedMock
01-05-2014, 10:30 AM
Indy dumped him too and then brought him back. We should have tried to develop him on PS. The reality of that 46 yard catch last night was that he went up and made a great catch...after he ran an absolutely terrible route. Of course that fact would ruin the highlight for us. He also got repeatedly shoved out of bounds on other routes and quit on the play. I wanted to keep him because he's insanely gifted, physically, but he still runs poor routes and still hasn't matured. That was obvious last night. It's frustrating for me because I was a big fan of us signing him. Hopefully with strong coaching he will realize his potential.

Beebe's Kid
01-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Classic thread. People that wanted him "gone" got him "gone", and now they are are bemoaning that he is doing well somewhere else.

Do you want choir boys, or football players?

The Bills made a mistake. Not the first, not the last, but the people defending them are defending a 6 win football team. At least you're loyal...

Jry44
01-05-2014, 12:22 PM
I love the "why did we keep TJ Graham instead of Da'Rick Rodgers" comparisons even though they have almost identical stats...

ANY time a former Bills player makes a play of any kind these threads pop it. It kills me! Once he starts to make plays on a consistent basis maybe we can start this argument.

Mahdi
01-06-2014, 11:56 AM
I love the "why did we keep TJ Graham instead of Da'Rick Rodgers" comparisons even though they have almost identical stats...

ANY time a former Bills player makes a play of any kind these threads pop it. It kills me! Once he starts to make plays on a consistent basis maybe we can start this argument.

They have almost identical stats is the problem. Da'Rick played half or less than half a season. TJ was a starter all year.

Ed
01-06-2014, 02:40 PM
They have almost identical stats is the problem. Da'Rick played half or less than half a season. TJ was a starter all year.
Yeah TJ played in all 16 games and was on the field for 71% of the offenses total plays. Give all those snaps to Da'Rick and I bet he gets more than 23 receptions.

justasportsfan
01-06-2014, 02:46 PM
Yeah TJ played in all 16 games and was on the field for 71% of the offenses total plays. Give all those snaps to Da'Rick and I bet he gets more than 23 receptions.
From EJ? You think EJ would have thrown to Rogers who wasn't open in his only reception vs. the bengals?

Ed
01-06-2014, 03:07 PM
From EJ? You think EJ would have thrown to Rogers who wasn't open in his only reception vs. the bengals?
Sure. Da'Rick can fight for balls, TJ can't.

justasportsfan
01-06-2014, 03:13 PM
Sure. Da'Rick can fight for balls, TJ can't.

but Ej has been known not to throw to covered players. Thats his biggest flaw. Besides, Rogers' flaw too is that he doesn't get it , so chances are he won't be on the same page as EJ , I doubt EJ will throw to him.

Ed
01-06-2014, 03:15 PM
but Ej has been known not to throw to covered players. Thats his biggest flaw.
Do you really believe that Da'Rick Rogers is incapable of getting open?

justasportsfan
01-06-2014, 03:30 PM
Do you really believe that Da'Rick Rogers is incapable of getting open?

he most likely can but like I said, if he's not on the same page as the qb it could be a problem. Think of it, is Rogers even the 4th wr on the colts' roster?

BTW, I'm not blasting Rogers or defending TJ. It's more of EJ being gunshy when a wr is not open. Woods is supposedly more NFL ready and runs great routes but even his progress is slowed down by EJ IMO. If Rogers runs more than 10 yards, EJ may not bother throwing to him.

starrymessenger
01-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Marrone acknowledged DRs talent but explained in cutting him that he was looking for immediate production and not down the road. Well he got less production from Hogan, Kauffman and TJ.
I guess we are not in the business of patiently developing raw talent.
Oh wait! EJ is as raw as they come.
But of course he aced the interview process. He's a good boy and we like him.
Fair enuf but that does not win many football games.

BertSquirtgum
01-06-2014, 07:22 PM
This team is so ****ed. I can't wait to sit at home next year and mother **** them from my recliner instead of inside the stadium. I hate this team.

Mike
01-06-2014, 11:22 PM

Yes. Because they are a piss poor organization that can't evaluate or develop talent worth a crappp