PDA

View Full Version : Disgusting pile of garbage today

X-Era
12-08-2013, 02:55 PM
A whole host of complaints about this mess.

1) Worst OL performance by far. They were pushed around all day. Legursky is a backup at best. To be fair many of the sacks were coverage sacks or guys coming in untouched. LG is a ultra need. Could have signed someone the second you knew Levitre was gone but didn't. Pears looked bad today but I still would rather have Hairston get a legit look if he can get healthy and I don't want a RT in the top 10 or even 15. Urbik stunk too. I'd be fine with taking two G's in an early and later round. A guy like Jackson, Yankey and then later rounder like Groy would be fine to me.

2) Worst officiated game I've seen in a long long time. They seriously called none of the terrible holding that TB did all day. Yet called us for everything. They didn't throw a single flag on a whole host of horrible penalties against TB.

3) Yet again we see what happens when you put an un-drafted rookie on a legit starting WR like Jackson. The team could have added a solid vet but didn't. Robey should be a situational CB and never responsible for a guy like Vincent Jackson.

4) Goodwin or Graham. I want one gone. I'd keep Goodwin. Vincent Jackson should us what we need. A guy who's open when he's covered. These guys can't get separation on short routes. Which are the most frequent. Can't muscle a defender. They can't do much of anything. Goodwin hasn't done anything in the return game either. Keep one, draft a bigger guy to play opposite Woods.

5) Stevie needs to take a pay cut or be gone. Love him but that's the truth. He's not your go to guy. He's a slot receiver. We need another draftee play-maker opposite Woods.

6) EJ played scared all game and understandably. The DL was pressuring him and pushing toward him all day. He made a stupid throw on one INT but then had a tip INT. Annoying. Manuel had his worst day so far. I still hold out plenty of hope for him. He didn't get frustrated and will continue to just work on his craft. He gets the rest of this year and likely next year to prove himself. Nobody in this draft strikes me as a stud.

7) Horrible offensive scheme. We did nothing all day. No real run game even though we had the advantage going into the game. So many un-blocked rushers. Guys all covered all day. Horrible.

8) No pass rush even though TB has done a real bad job against the pass rush.

9) McKelvin needs to be pushed. Could have signed a vet to push him but we didn't do that. I want a replacement as a returner too. I don't want anymore fumbles. Sign a decent vet. Push Robey to the bench, he was picked on all day and because he was out there we lost. Sammy Watkins would be awesome to be our returner and prospect at #2 but he's not the physical WR that a guy like Moncrief is. I'd be fine with drafting two. You keep 5. Woods, Stevie, Goodwin, and then 2 draftees.

10) Lose out. Play tough. But I'm fine with losing out. The Bills Brass better get smart and spend some real money on much better vet backups and a few that can push for starting jobs.

11) When fired Gailey many including me asked if different would be better or just different. Well the only part that's better is the defense. I love our defense outside of adding another vet CB and another solid OLB. Love the way they play. Love the way Pettine coaches. Enjoy him, he'll be offered a HC job very soon. Wouldn't surprise me if it was even this off-season. Yet the rest is not much better than last year. And the record is certainly no better. I blame the FO for much of it when they say on all that cap room with glaring weaknesses and youth. It cost us. Even today.

12) If you don't think a stud receiving TE prospect would help a young QB who's throwing short a lot you're nuts. A guy like Eric Ebron could do wonders for this teams ability to move the chains.

Just an annoying, painful, crappy pile of garbage game. We need more talent for sure but we also need to get smarter fast in our scheming. And for the love of all that is good can Marrone please blast this team for playing this bad? I mean flat out tell them that many of them will not be here next year unless they step it way up.

YardRat
12-08-2013, 03:18 PM
The offense has three major issues...

1) Hackett just isn't 'getting' it. His playbook doesn't travel well, and through 6 road games it doesn't appear he has made any successful adjustments to come up with a scheme to take pressure off of his rookie QB.
2) The offensive line blows, almost across the board. Glenn is pretty decent. Urbik is passable, if he is the weakest link, which unfortunately at this point he is not. Woods needs to move to guard. Legursky and Pears need to be replaced.
3) EJ doesn't seem to be growing at all. The injury set him back of course, but he needs the lightbulb to come on pretty soon. Having a ****ty coordinator and o-line certainly isn't helping him any.

The defense just needs to limit the big plays and untimely stupid penalties. Maybe add another LBer, another corner (you can never have too many), and an elite safety :D

Captain gameboy
12-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Shameful.

Inexcusable and shameful.

stuckincincy
12-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Strategy was atrocious. Down a bunch at the TB 28, 4th and 10 - they opt for a fg. Later on with the clock pressing and still down a bunch, they call a punt.

Dumb beyond belief. The players didn't distinguish themselves, but that coaching was beyond terrible.

coastal
12-08-2013, 03:23 PM
I hope they get throttled by Jville and the push for a top 3 pick gets going full speed ahead.

kingJofNYC
12-08-2013, 03:34 PM
they'll just **** up a top 3 selection as they normally do.

we drafted ej in the first ****ing round, he wont be starting for this team 2 years from now. doesn't matter where we drafted, we need to make better selections, until that changes, same old bills

black N yellow
12-08-2013, 03:36 PM
the nfl is a disgusting pile of garbage. Great to see they are still handing the patriots wins.

WagonCircler
12-08-2013, 03:37 PM

we drafted ej in the first ****ing round, he wont be starting for this team 2 years from now. doesn't matter where we drafted, we need to make better selections, until that changes, same old bills

It was a classic "smartest guy in the room" pick. Absolutely nobody had EJ as the first QB to be picked, and now we see why.

Iehoshua
12-08-2013, 03:37 PM
National Football Entertainment. This is as much a sport anymore as wrestling.

X-Era
12-08-2013, 03:38 PM

This is annoying. A whole host of crap to point to and it's the QB of course. People, it's a damn team game and we're starting a rookie with no legit proven backup. He's not the reason we're losing.

BertSquirtgum
12-08-2013, 03:39 PM

1) Worst OL performance by far. They were pushed around all day. Legursky is a backup at best. To be fair many of the sacks were coverage sacks or guys coming in untouched. LG is a ultra need. Could have signed someone the second you knew Levitre was gone but didn't. Pears looked bad today but I still would rather have Hairston get a legit look if he can get healthy and I don't want a RT in the top 10 or even 15. Urbik stunk too. I'd be fine with taking two G's in an early and later round. A guy like Jackson, Yankey and then later rounder like Groy would be fine to me.

2) Worst officiated game I've seen in a long long time. They seriously called none of the terrible holding that TB did all day. Yet called us for everything. They didn't throw a single flag on a whole host of horrible penalties against TB.

3) Yet again we see what happens when you put an un-drafted rookie on a legit starting WR like Jackson. The team could have added a solid vet but didn't. Robey should be a situational CB and never responsible for a guy like Vincent Jackson.

4) Goodwin or Graham. I want one gone. I'd keep Goodwin. Vincent Jackson should us what we need. A guy who's open when he's covered. These guys can't get separation on short routes. Which are the most frequent. Can't muscle a defender. They can't do much of anything. Goodwin hasn't done anything in the return game either. Keep one, draft a bigger guy to play opposite Woods.

5) Stevie needs to take a pay cut or be gone. Love him but that's the truth. He's not your go to guy. He's a slot receiver. We need another draftee play-maker opposite Woods.

6) EJ played scared all game and understandably. The DL was pressuring him and pushing toward him all day. He made a stupid throw on one INT but then had a tip INT. Annoying. Manuel had his worst day so far. I still hold out plenty of hope for him. He didn't get frustrated and will continue to just work on his craft. He gets the rest of this year and likely next year to prove himself. Nobody in this draft strikes me as a stud.

7) Horrible offensive scheme. We did nothing all day. No real run game even though we had the advantage going into the game. So many un-blocked rushers. Guys all covered all day. Horrible.

9) McKelvin needs to be pushed. Could have signed a vet to push him but we didn't do that. I want a replacement as a returner too. I don't want anymore fumbles. Sign a decent vet. Push Robey to the bench, he was picked on all day and because he was out there we lost. Sammy Watkins would be awesome to be our returner and prospect at #2 but he's not the physical WR that a guy like Moncrief is. I'd be fine with drafting two. You keep 5. Woods, Stevie, Goodwin, and then 2 draftees.

10) Lose out. Play tough. But I'm fine with losing out. The Bills Brass better get smart and spend some real money on much better vet backups and a few that can push for starting jobs.

11) When fired Gailey many including me asked if different would be better or just different. Well the only part that's better is the defense. I love our defense outside of adding another vet CB and another solid OLB. Love the way they play. Love the way Pettine coaches. Enjoy him, he'll be offered a HC job very soon. Wouldn't surprise me if it was even this off-season. Yet the rest is not much better than last year. And the record is certainly no better. I blame the FO for much of it when they say on all that cap room with glaring weaknesses and youth. It cost us. Even today.

12) If you don't think a stud receiving TE prospect would help a young QB who's throwing short a lot you're nuts. A guy like Eric Ebron could do wonders for this teams ability to move the chains.

Just an annoying, painful, crappy pile of garbage game. We need more talent for sure but we also need to get smarter fast in our scheming. And for the love of all that is good can Marrone please blast this team for playing this bad? I mean flat out tell them that many of them will not be here next year unless they step it way up.

You're crazy about 11. Nobody is offering Pettine a job this offseason.

kingJofNYC
12-08-2013, 03:41 PM
QB is the most important position and our QB just threw 4 ints, and took 7 sacks, a few of which were the result of his awful pocket awareness.

QB has been our biggest need for well over a decade, it's still our biggest need. EJ was a huge reach, he sucks, this team will continue to suck with a QB like EJ manning the position.

Edit: TB had -7 yards in the second half, we still lost, hahahhahahahahaha

Meathead
12-08-2013, 03:42 PM
at least our own BLeonard had seven carries for twenty six yards today

Iehoshua
12-08-2013, 03:43 PM
QB is the most important position and our QB just threw 4 ints, and took 7 sacks, a few of which were the result of his awful pocket awareness.

QB has been our biggest need for well over a decade, it's still our biggest need. EJ was a huge reach, he sucks, this team will continue to suck with a QB like EJ manning the position.
For a minute I thought EJ Manning was another one of Archie's kids... lolol

X-Era
12-08-2013, 03:44 PM

QB has been our biggest need for well over a decade, it's still our biggest need. EJ was a huge reach, he sucks, this team will continue to suck with a QB like EJ manning the position.Thanks for the lesson. It's not like I have no knowledge of football.

But there is a whole host of reasons we have lost and EJ has not cost us more than 1 game at most. Bad game by him for sure. But lack of depth, poor offensive schemes, injuries, and an inability to get this team to get over the hump are the real reasons were losing.

Thinking every loss or even win is based solely on the QB is ignorant. Sorry but it's true.

WagonCircler
12-08-2013, 03:45 PM
11) When fired Gailey many including me asked if different would be better or just different. Well the only part that's better is the defense. I love our defense outside of adding another vet CB and another solid OLB. Love the way they play. Love the way Pettine coaches. Enjoy him, he'll be offered a HC job very soon. Wouldn't surprise me if it was even this off-season. Yet the rest is not much better than last year. And the record is certainly no better. I blame the FO for much of it when they say on all that cap room with glaring weaknesses and youth. It cost us. Even today..

So maybe the Bills should make him Head Coach.

BertSquirtgum
12-08-2013, 03:46 PM
So maybe the Bills should make him Head Coach.

I would like that. Marrone sucks.

X-Era
12-08-2013, 03:47 PM
So maybe the Bills should make him Head Coach.Never happen but I'm not sure I'd mind it.

kingJofNYC
12-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the lesson. It's not like I have no knowledge of football.

But there is a whole host of reasons we have lost and EJ has not cost us more than 1 game at most. Bad game by him for sure. But lack of depth, poor offensive schemes, injuries, and an inability to get this team to get over the hump are the real reasons were losing.

Thinking every loss or even win is based solely on the QB is ignorant. Sorry but it's true.

I'm not talking down to you.

I find it interesting that you have EJ listed as number 6 on your list, should be number 1. He sucks, deal with it. Another bust at QB, don't make excuses for him. He's a millionaire who swindled his way into the first round.

Sucked at FSU, sucks in Buffalo. Should become an agent in his NFL afterlife.

Edit: Coaching sucks too, Marrone loved EJ so that's enough to get his ass shipped out. Not excusing the other problems, hard to build depth when you dont resign your players. Holes at G and S (next year) because we continue to ship our players out.

Still our biggest problem is QB

X-Era
12-08-2013, 03:53 PM
I'm not talking down to you.

I find it interesting that you have EJ listed as number 6 on your list, should be number 1. He sucks, deal with it. Another bust at QB, don't make excuses for him. He's a millionaire who swindled his way into the first round.

Sucked at FSU, sucks in Buffalo. Should become an agent in his NFL afterlife.He's our QB for now. He's only sometimes been the problem and we have way bigger issues. Deal with that.

It's ridiculous to pin the whole teams results on a QB. I agree it's critical. But there is zero we can or will do about it. He's the guy we chose. He will be our starter for the rest of this year and likely next year. And there is very little chance that we will draft a 1st round replacement. Best you might see is a legit vet backup being signed.

If you hate him, fine. I'm not convinced he's the answer either. But I also don't pin anymore than maybe one loss on him. We have 8 others.

I'm giving him a chance until we have a better option.

YardRat
12-08-2013, 03:54 PM
EJ will be just fine if we ever get a real o-coordinator and offensive line.

Owen DeBoard
12-08-2013, 03:56 PM

Well I think 2 out of the 3 top picks are going to be good and possibly great so that's not bad.

kingJofNYC
12-08-2013, 03:58 PM

hahahaha

Keep dreaming, it's a shame isn't in a contract year, you'd be shipping him out asap. Will never be elite, and that's what you want right YardRat, elite?

- - - Updated - - -

Well I think 2 out of the 3 top picks are going to be good and possibly great so that's not bad.

Probably, we need to get Woods a QB though, lol.

kingJofNYC
12-08-2013, 03:59 PM
He's our QB for now. He's only sometimes been the problem and we have way bigger issues. Deal with that.

It's ridiculous to pin the whole teams results on a QB. I agree it's critical. But there is zero we can or will do about it. He's the guy we chose. He will be our starter for the rest of this year and likely next year. And there is very little chance that we will draft a 1st round replacement. Best you might see is a legit vet backup being signed.

If you hate him, fine. I'm not convinced he's the answer either. But I also don't pin anymore than maybe one loss on him. We have 8 others.

I'm giving him a chance until we have a better option.

We may have better options this year.

I'd take Bortles over him right ****ing now.

Edit: FSU is in the National Championship game. They had 5 players selected in the first 2 rounds, they're loaded with talent, lost some to the NFL and still have more, but the key from last year to this....Getting rid of EJ Manuel. Best thing that ever happened to them. No small coincidence.

X-Era
12-08-2013, 04:01 PM
hahahaha

Keep dreaming, it's a shame isn't in a contract year, you'd be shipping him out asap. Will never be elite, and that's what you want right YardRat, elite?

- - - Updated - - -

Probably, we need to get Woods a QB though, lol.There's a whole host of non-elite young QB's that are playing for playoff teams. SF, Sea, Cinn, Ind (not proven to be elite yet). Get some true stud players at a few positions, a better LG, and a much better offensive game plan and EJ could be a playoff QB IMO.

But instead we sit on 20-30 mill in cap room. Could have used a better #3-#4 CB and solid starting LG today.

YardRat
12-08-2013, 04:01 PM
hahahaha

I don't need 'elite' at the QB position. I also don't need to pay a non-elite player elite money.

X-Era
12-08-2013, 04:02 PM
We may have better options this year.

I'd take Bortles over him right ****ing now.

Edit: FSU is in the National Championship game. They had 5 players selected in the first 2 rounds, they're loaded with talent, lost some to the NFL and still have more, but the key from last year to this....Getting rid of EJ Manuel. Best thing that ever happened to them. No small coincidence.So you think we replace EJ with Luck and we're a playoff team? Same everything else but we're in the playoffs?

kingJofNYC
12-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck are not elite QB prospects?

This thread just took an insane turn. Lots of delusion up in here.

justasportsfan
12-08-2013, 04:03 PM
If we had a better QB and Goodwin will thrive. EJ locked up to Stevie and Woods again.

kingJofNYC
12-08-2013, 04:06 PM
So you think we replace EJ with Luck and we're a playoff team? Same everything else but we're in the playoffs?

Luck took an abysmal 2-14 team to the playoffs last season, what do you think my answer is going to be.

Take Luck off of the Colts and they're drafting number 1 once again. Are you serious with this line of thought? Colts traded for Sheppard, think about that for a minute. They have an awful OL, suspect secondary, ****ty LBs, and weak in the middle of that DL. Yeah, I do think we may have more talent than the Colts...

X-Era
12-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Luck took an abysmal 2-14 team to the playoffs last season, what do you think my answer is going to be.

Take Luck off of the Colts and they're drafting number 1 once again. Are you serious with this line of thought? Colts traded for Sheppard, think about that for a minute. They have an awful OL, suspect secondary, ****ty LBs, and weak in the middle of that DL. Yeah, I do think we may have more talent than the Colts...I disagree.

This team has lost maybe 1 game because of EJ. I didn't need him to win me games as long as he doesn't lose them. I feel like he won the Carolina game and lost us 1. This team doesn't play like a winner yet. They won't win much until they do. Depth, youth across the board and in the coaching ranks, and dumb game day mistakes are why we're losing.

X-Era
12-08-2013, 04:10 PM
Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck are not elite QB prospects?

This thread just took an insane turn. Lots of delusion up in here.No. Neither are Manning, Brady, or Brees. They don't have the body of work necessary to make that claim.

Owen DeBoard
12-08-2013, 04:10 PM
hahahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Probably, we need to get Woods a QB though, lol.

Agreed.

kingJofNYC
12-08-2013, 04:18 PM
No. Neither are Manning, Brady, or Brees. They don't have the body of work necessary to make that claim.

Ok, small sample size, I'm fine with it.

Do you think Wilson and Luck will be elite in the next couple of years. IMO, absolutely, Luck is basically there, easily a top 10 QB. Right outside the top 5. Heck, to me they're both in the top 10.

WagonCircler
12-08-2013, 04:24 PM
So you think we replace EJ with Luck and we're a playoff team? Same everything else but we're in the playoffs?

Umm, yes. Absolutely.

The Bills came very close to winning at least 3 or 4 games off the top of my head in which the QB play was subpar at best. I think Luck wins all of those games.

Add 3 wins and subtract 3 losses and the Bills are in the playoff hunt.

Mace
12-08-2013, 05:01 PM
-Manuel was projected as a project QB, missed a bunch of time, is still a project QB. Sort of expected him to be doing a better by now though. He sort of looks like he's becoming Trent Edwards. Doesn't matter. He has 3 more games to improve. He looked terrible today.

- Offensive line. Left guards are a dime a dozen. Looks like we paid a nickel. I sure do miss Levitre. Kind of looks like he was one of those guys who raised the performance level of the unit. Someone will now scream "YOU DON'T PAY A GUARD THAT MUCH". Why not.....I don't see any sign the savings helped the team any.

- I feel real bad for Fred Jackson. Had he ended up with a real team, he'd have had a CAREER.

- There is one constant in their ongoing yearly failure to stop running games. The linemen. I love how they attack the QB in Pettine's scheme. Adding Pettine was a big huge plus. But he has the same linemen, vets. It's inexcusable they cannot stop running games no matter what they do year after year. Not a one of them deserves all-pro. Don't care about their sack totals. Tackle the guy is the very first sentence in "defensive player 101".

- Terrible officiating. Didn't matter any. They rolled over and ran for the bus. Probably won't happen, but if I were Whaley, I'd have called Marrone the moment the game ended to ask "What in the flying F*** was that, and what in the flying hell is going on ?" Marrone, unfortunately now having gained a reputation as an emotional coach, would have begun weeping, and maybe Fred Jackson could have brightened him up by dunking on him again. Haha, those guys.

I gave them a flyer through the year to date, new coaches, new schemes, new players. Getting healthier seems to have made them worse and this game was absolutely terrible. Felt more like 54-3. That they were so woeful in their 13th game while healthy, makes me very alarmed.

No helping it, play out the year, see what happens with who. Again. Maybe next year. Again.

justasportsfan
12-08-2013, 05:08 PM
-Manuel was projected as a project QB, missed a bunch of time, is still a project QB. Sort of expected him to be doing a better by now though. He sort of looks like he's becoming Trent Edwards. Doesn't matter. He has 3 more games to improve. He looked terrible today.

I agree completely with this. I think EJ will get better but I now wonder how high the ceiling is. I wonder if he'll ever be accurate enough if we ever make it to the playoffs or revert back to playing scared.

TacklingDummy
12-08-2013, 05:09 PM
So said the Johnsonites, Lickers, and Trentards.

;)

Mace
12-08-2013, 05:35 PM
So said the Johnsonites, Lickers, and Trentards.

;)

Heh, the Johnsonites.

And He said unto me, I shall rend and drive thee into the lands of Johnsonites, Lickers and Trentards, verily thou and thine shall be smitten with vile humors and ill vapors, bereft of comforts in foreign stadiums, trusting upon shadows and leaning upon an emotional coach, because thee and thine hast been how you are and well worthy of thy misery to reap pitifully what thou hast failed to sow unto the days of when My laughter at thee and thine has satisfied Mine want to laugh at thee and thine for being how you have been in making Me laugh at thee and thine, verily.

One day, shalt thee and thine be led from the lands of the Johnsonites, Lickers and Trentards. Surely it shall be a lifespan and then two, maybe three, because thee and thine annoyed Me in murdering a vibrant Downtown with a feeble transit system in times past.

coastal
12-08-2013, 05:42 PM
So God realizing I'm too pure to be around the traveling stink that are the Buffalo Bills booked me in a weekend long course on the other coast of Florida.

i spent the weekend learning how to change the lives of people with Parkinson's.

Plus I got to have dinner with Lecter before I got out of town.

The Bills are leaving and I'm just getting back into town.

my karma is good and I am right with The Lord.

Mace
12-08-2013, 05:48 PM
So God realizing I'm too pure to be around the traveling stink that are the Buffalo Bills booked me in a weekend long course on the other coast of Florida.

i spent the weekend learning how to change the lives of people with Parkinson's.

No reason to wave it in our faces. I hope Ronnie Wingo backs over your garbage tote after taking a wrong turn and the best you get out of it is a Ronnie Wingo autograph.

BillsFever21
12-08-2013, 06:53 PM

What the hell does Luck have around him? That team was terrible when he took over and they will be going to the playoffs for the 2nd straight year. We have two good RB's and they don't have any type of a running game. Their defense and skill position players aren't the greatest either.

Luisito23
12-08-2013, 06:58 PM
Lose out and pick a true number 1 QB!

EJ's nothing but trash, just wasting more time if they keep going with him.

Typ0
12-08-2013, 06:59 PM
What the hell does Luck have around him? That team was terrible when he took over and they will be going to the playoffs for the 2nd straight year. We have two good RB's and they don't have any type of a running game. Their defense and skill position players aren't the greatest either.

What Luck has around him is an organization that is solid and believes in what they are doing. What we have is a fish out of water.

bdutton
12-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Worst officiating I have seen. Ever. The bull**** stopping play for three minutes to explain the call to the coaches on 3 different occasions? The bull**** calls for holding? The bull**** pass interference?

I think the cigarette smoking man from the X-Files was in the officiating booth on this one.

bleve
12-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Calling this team a disgusting pile of garbage is an insult to disgusting piles of garbage nationwide. At least piles of garbage give off methane gas which can be used for energy. The bills suck the energy out of you.

alohabillsfan
12-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Ok we finish out the season and we are picking top 5 , if we are picking in the top 5 again and their is a QB available take him! If we don't take a QB in round one we better in round 2! I have seen absolutly nothing that says EJ is a franchise guy an in this league you need one! I think our best road game a street fa QB it!

unpaid_bills
12-08-2013, 09:52 PM
agree. What is real frustrating is lack of progress. Penalties dropped passes and turnovers against a mediocre team at best. The lack of playmakers. Spiller disappears SJ doesn't step up. Who is the go to guy?

I hope EJ can turn it around. His lack of pocket presence and accuracy scares me. He makes some very bad throws and locks in doesn't seem to have good field vision. With a suspect OL and small receivers who can't seem to get open not a good combo

lets hope they can turn it on these last few games something to build on in off season

Jan Reimers
12-09-2013, 01:37 AM
Fugly, by almost every measure. But we can turn this around, with about 45 new players, a better coaching staff, and a new front office.

The future looks bright. I say we make the playoffs by the year 2039.

Cleve
12-09-2013, 07:18 AM
If you look at the stats, it's unbelievable that the Bills lost by such a large margin.

Tampa Bay - their Tyler Myers QB had a gawd-awful QB rating of 31 yesterday. They had only 90 total yards of passing total, and two interceptions. Hard to lose when the opposing team is playing so badly - but the Bills managed. And Tampa had NOTHING to play for - they were already eliminated from the post-season. The Bills were still in the long-shot wildcard hunt going into yesterday, plus they had a terrible loss last week - you'd think they'd want to prove something. They proved something alright.

Contrast them with the Saints last night - Saints had a brutal Monday night road loss to Seattle - then had to play the red-hot Panthers yesterday. They got off to a bad start too, going 3 and out on their first drive, and allowing Carolina to score on back to back possessions. Then they turned it up, and shut them down - the rest of the game was all Saints.

Saints have the mindset of winners - Bills are bottom-shelf

elltrain22
12-09-2013, 08:02 AM

I feel pretty much the exact same way! That was nothing but a pile of garbage. So much so, that I didn't even finish watching. Here's some observations that I took.

1. In a lot of areas, we are getting worse. It would be concerning if we weren't improving, but the fact that we are getting worse in the O-line, QB, running game, limiting big plays on defense, not converting 3rd downs, etc, etc

2. I'm starting to think that EJ may never be the answer. He holds the ball too long, and the main thing, he is very inaccurate with his throws. Even short to intermediate, which an NFL caliber QB should excel at, he struggles even with this. His inconsistency is very concerning, and at this point, I find myself calling for Thad Lewis a million times the past 3 games.

3. The play calling/offense in general is pathetic. The running game is awful. The O-line cannot open up running lanes, and the run plays are almost a waste of time b/c its not going to yield us much. The biggest difference is w/ CJ. Everytime he touched the ball last year, you had to watch b/c you thought he might take it all the way. This year, you know every time CJ touches it, he's going to get bottled up for 1 or 2 yards.

Historian
12-09-2013, 09:29 AM
It was a classic "smartest guy in the room" pick. Absolutely nobody had EJ as the first QB to be picked, and now we see why.

Ive said it a million times....when the Bills "braintrust" tries to be clever, it usually results in disaster on the field.

Cleve
12-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Ive said it a million times....when the Bills "braintrust" tries to be clever, it usually results in disaster on the field.

Bob Matthews of WHAM1180 puts it this way - the Bills management always act like they know better than anyone else - they try to do things differently than other teams, and ignore proven formulas to try and write their own. And Bob is very critical of Bills management for this continuing approach.

And the result as we all know is epic garbage. It is unimaginable that any team can miss the playoffs for 14 years in a row in the era of salary caps and parity.

justasportsfan
12-09-2013, 12:04 PM
So you think we replace EJ with Luck and we're a playoff team?

Did you even have to ask? Seriously?

bdutton
12-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Bob Matthews of WHAM1180 puts it this way - the Bills management always act like they know better than anyone else - they try to do things differently than other teams, and ignore proven formulas to try and write their own. And Bob is very critical of Bills management for this continuing approach.

And the result as we all know is epic garbage. It is unimaginable that any team can miss the playoffs for 14 years in a row in the era of salary caps and parity.

FWIW

I thought Geno Smith, the concensus number 1, should have been the pick. I now know that would have been a disaster.

Geno after 13 starts has the same number of TD's as EJ (9) and 20 int's to EJ's 8. And EJ has started only 9 games. While EJ had a bad game yesterday, he had a lot of help making himself and the rest of the team look bad.

I can't blame EJ for all of hit. he's a rookie and has handled his situation well.

X-Era
12-09-2013, 05:51 PM
Did you even have to ask? Seriously?
I really do man.

Stevie will still drop clutch passes or fumble
The run game will still be stifled
The OL will still get pushed back
McKelvin will still get burned and fumble the football
The run D will still give up big plays
Robey will still get burned
Hackett will still make stupid play calls that Luck then has to carry out
Marrone will still not be able to properly motivate the team
Goodwin will still not get anything on returns
Graham will still continue to do nothing of note

QB may be the most important position but it's still a team game.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-09-2013, 07:14 PM

What a pretentious a**hole. Sorry, that's the envy talking.

Mr. Pink
12-09-2013, 07:25 PM
I really do man.

Stevie will still drop clutch passes or fumble
The run game will still be stifled
The OL will still get pushed back
McKelvin will still get burned and fumble the football
The run D will still give up big plays
Robey will still get burned
Hackett will still make stupid play calls that Luck then has to carry out
Marrone will still not be able to properly motivate the team
Goodwin will still not get anything on returns
Graham will still continue to do nothing of note

QB may be the most important position but it's still a team game.

Indy has no running game as it is. So what's the difference?

Indy has no WRs with Wayne being hurt. What's the difference?

They have a real QB who keeps the D off the field for the majority of the game, and swap Luck and Manuel and this team would look like Indy looks.