• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Disgusting pile of garbage today

A whole host of complaints about this mess.

1) Worst OL performance by far. They were pushed around all day. Legursky is a backup at best. To be fair many of the sacks were coverage sacks or guys coming in untouched. LG is a ultra need. Could have signed someone the second you knew Levitre was gone but didn't. Pears looked bad today but I still would rather have Hairston get a legit look if he can get healthy and I don't want a RT in the top 10 or even 15. Urbik stunk too. I'd be fine with taking two G's in an early and later round. A guy like Jackson, Yankey and then later rounder like Groy would be fine to me.

2) Worst officiated game I've seen in a long long time. They seriously called none of the terrible holding that TB did all day. Yet called us for everything. They didn't throw a single flag on a whole host of horrible penalties against TB.

3) Yet again we see what happens when you put an un-drafted rookie on a legit starting WR like Jackson. The team could have added a solid vet but didn't. Robey should be a situational CB and never responsible for a guy like Vincent Jackson.

4) Goodwin or Graham. I want one gone. I'd keep Goodwin. Vincent Jackson should us what we need. A guy who's open when he's covered. These guys can't get separation on short routes. Which are the most frequent. Can't muscle a defender. They can't do much of anything. Goodwin hasn't done anything in the return game either. Keep one, draft a bigger guy to play opposite Woods.

5) Stevie needs to take a pay cut or be gone. Love him but that's the truth. He's not your go to guy. He's a slot receiver. We need another draftee play-maker opposite Woods.

6) EJ played scared all game and understandably. The DL was pressuring him and pushing toward him all day. He made a stupid throw on one INT but then had a tip INT. Annoying. Manuel had his worst day so far. I still hold out plenty of hope for him. He didn't get frustrated and will continue to just work on his craft. He gets the rest of this year and likely next year to prove himself. Nobody in this draft strikes me as a stud.

7) Horrible offensive scheme. We did nothing all day. No real run game even though we had the advantage going into the game. So many un-blocked rushers. Guys all covered all day. Horrible.

8) No pass rush even though TB has done a real bad job against the pass rush.

9) McKelvin needs to be pushed. Could have signed a vet to push him but we didn't do that. I want a replacement as a returner too. I don't want anymore fumbles. Sign a decent vet. Push Robey to the bench, he was picked on all day and because he was out there we lost. Sammy Watkins would be awesome to be our returner and prospect at #2 but he's not the physical WR that a guy like Moncrief is. I'd be fine with drafting two. You keep 5. Woods, Stevie, Goodwin, and then 2 draftees.

10) Lose out. Play tough. But I'm fine with losing out. The Bills Brass better get smart and spend some real money on much better vet backups and a few that can push for starting jobs.

11) When fired Gailey many including me asked if different would be better or just different. Well the only part that's better is the defense. I love our defense outside of adding another vet CB and another solid OLB. Love the way they play. Love the way Pettine coaches. Enjoy him, he'll be offered a HC job very soon. Wouldn't surprise me if it was even this off-season. Yet the rest is not much better than last year. And the record is certainly no better. I blame the FO for much of it when they say on all that cap room with glaring weaknesses and youth. It cost us. Even today.

12) If you don't think a stud receiving TE prospect would help a young QB who's throwing short a lot you're nuts. A guy like Eric Ebron could do wonders for this teams ability to move the chains.

Just an annoying, painful, crappy pile of garbage game. We need more talent for sure but we also need to get smarter fast in our scheming. And for the love of all that is good can Marrone please blast this team for playing this bad? I mean flat out tell them that many of them will not be here next year unless they step it way up.
    Last edited by X-Era; 12-08-2013, 03:14 PM.

• YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Disgusting pile of garbage today

The offense has three major issues...

1) Hackett just isn't 'getting' it. His playbook doesn't travel well, and through 6 road games it doesn't appear he has made any successful adjustments to come up with a scheme to take pressure off of his rookie QB.
    2) The offensive line blows, almost across the board. Glenn is pretty decent. Urbik is passable, if he is the weakest link, which unfortunately at this point he is not. Woods needs to move to guard. Legursky and Pears need to be replaced.
    3) EJ doesn't seem to be growing at all. The injury set him back of course, but he needs the lightbulb to come on pretty soon. Having a ****ty coordinator and o-line certainly isn't helping him any.

The defense just needs to limit the big plays and untimely stupid penalties. Maybe add another LBer, another corner (you can never have too many), and an elite safety
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• gameboy
      • Jul 2002

Shameful.

Inexcusable and shameful.

Comment

• stuckincincy
        Buffalo Bills Fan
        • Sep 2003

Strategy was atrocious. Down a bunch at the TB 28, 4th and 10 - they opt for a fg. Later on with the clock pressing and still down a bunch, they call a punt.

Dumb beyond belief. The players didn't distinguish themselves, but that coaching was beyond terrible.
        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

I hope they get throttled by Jville and the push for a top 3 pick gets going full speed ahead.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
            • Sep 2009

they'll just **** up a top 3 selection as they normally do.

we drafted ej in the first ****ing round, he wont be starting for this team 2 years from now. doesn't matter where we drafted, we need to make better selections, until that changes, same old bills

Comment

• black N yellow
              • Dec 2012

the nfl is a disgusting pile of garbage. Great to see they are still handing the patriots wins.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                Escaped Convict
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post

we drafted ej in the first ****ing round, he wont be starting for this team 2 years from now. doesn't matter where we drafted, we need to make better selections, until that changes, same old bills
                It was a classic "smartest guy in the room" pick. Absolutely nobody had EJ as the first QB to be picked, and now we see why.

Comment

• Iehoshua
                  • Jan 2003

National Football Entertainment. This is as much a sport anymore as wrestling.

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

This is annoying. A whole host of crap to point to and it's the QB of course. People, it's a damn team game and we're starting a rookie with no legit proven backup. He's not the reason we're losing.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                      A whole host of complaints about this mess.

1) Worst OL performance by far. They were pushed around all day. Legursky is a backup at best. To be fair many of the sacks were coverage sacks or guys coming in untouched. LG is a ultra need. Could have signed someone the second you knew Levitre was gone but didn't. Pears looked bad today but I still would rather have Hairston get a legit look if he can get healthy and I don't want a RT in the top 10 or even 15. Urbik stunk too. I'd be fine with taking two G's in an early and later round. A guy like Jackson, Yankey and then later rounder like Groy would be fine to me.

2) Worst officiated game I've seen in a long long time. They seriously called none of the terrible holding that TB did all day. Yet called us for everything. They didn't throw a single flag on a whole host of horrible penalties against TB.

3) Yet again we see what happens when you put an un-drafted rookie on a legit starting WR like Jackson. The team could have added a solid vet but didn't. Robey should be a situational CB and never responsible for a guy like Vincent Jackson.

4) Goodwin or Graham. I want one gone. I'd keep Goodwin. Vincent Jackson should us what we need. A guy who's open when he's covered. These guys can't get separation on short routes. Which are the most frequent. Can't muscle a defender. They can't do much of anything. Goodwin hasn't done anything in the return game either. Keep one, draft a bigger guy to play opposite Woods.

5) Stevie needs to take a pay cut or be gone. Love him but that's the truth. He's not your go to guy. He's a slot receiver. We need another draftee play-maker opposite Woods.

6) EJ played scared all game and understandably. The DL was pressuring him and pushing toward him all day. He made a stupid throw on one INT but then had a tip INT. Annoying. Manuel had his worst day so far. I still hold out plenty of hope for him. He didn't get frustrated and will continue to just work on his craft. He gets the rest of this year and likely next year to prove himself. Nobody in this draft strikes me as a stud.

7) Horrible offensive scheme. We did nothing all day. No real run game even though we had the advantage going into the game. So many un-blocked rushers. Guys all covered all day. Horrible.

8) No pass rush even though TB has done a real bad job against the pass rush.

9) McKelvin needs to be pushed. Could have signed a vet to push him but we didn't do that. I want a replacement as a returner too. I don't want anymore fumbles. Sign a decent vet. Push Robey to the bench, he was picked on all day and because he was out there we lost. Sammy Watkins would be awesome to be our returner and prospect at #2 but he's not the physical WR that a guy like Moncrief is. I'd be fine with drafting two. You keep 5. Woods, Stevie, Goodwin, and then 2 draftees.

10) Lose out. Play tough. But I'm fine with losing out. The Bills Brass better get smart and spend some real money on much better vet backups and a few that can push for starting jobs.

11) When fired Gailey many including me asked if different would be better or just different. Well the only part that's better is the defense. I love our defense outside of adding another vet CB and another solid OLB. Love the way they play. Love the way Pettine coaches. Enjoy him, he'll be offered a HC job very soon. Wouldn't surprise me if it was even this off-season. Yet the rest is not much better than last year. And the record is certainly no better. I blame the FO for much of it when they say on all that cap room with glaring weaknesses and youth. It cost us. Even today.

12) If you don't think a stud receiving TE prospect would help a young QB who's throwing short a lot you're nuts. A guy like Eric Ebron could do wonders for this teams ability to move the chains.

Just an annoying, painful, crappy pile of garbage game. We need more talent for sure but we also need to get smarter fast in our scheming. And for the love of all that is good can Marrone please blast this team for playing this bad? I mean flat out tell them that many of them will not be here next year unless they step it way up.

You're crazy about 11. Nobody is offering Pettine a job this offseason.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

QB is the most important position and our QB just threw 4 ints, and took 7 sacks, a few of which were the result of his awful pocket awareness.

QB has been our biggest need for well over a decade, it's still our biggest need. EJ was a huge reach, he sucks, this team will continue to suck with a QB like EJ manning the position.

Edit: TB had -7 yards in the second half, we still lost, hahahhahahahahaha
                        Last edited by kingJofNYC; 12-08-2013, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Meathead
                          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                          • Jul 2002

at least our own BLeonard had seven carries for twenty six yards today
                          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Iehoshua
                            • Jan 2003

QB is the most important position and our QB just threw 4 ints, and took 7 sacks, a few of which were the result of his awful pocket awareness.

QB has been our biggest need for well over a decade, it's still our biggest need. EJ was a huge reach, he sucks, this team will continue to suck with a QB like EJ manning the position.
                            For a minute I thought EJ Manning was another one of Archie's kids... lolol

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

Thanks for the lesson. It's not like I have no knowledge of football.

But there is a whole host of reasons we have lost and EJ has not cost us more than 1 game at most. Bad game by him for sure. But lack of depth, poor offensive schemes, injuries, and an inability to get this team to get over the hump are the real reasons were losing.

Thinking every loss or even win is based solely on the QB is ignorant. Sorry but it's true.
                              Last edited by X-Era; 12-08-2013, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X