PDA

View Full Version : Bills fans, are you suffering from the mental condition BBS?

blackonyx89
12-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Bills Burnout Syndrome. This is killing me, when will this team ever get back to playoffs? Another wasted season, no playoffs and it hurts. Ugh!!! Not a good feeling at all. :scared:

Albany,n.y.
12-08-2013, 05:54 PM
I burned out 2 years ago. I gave up my season tickets because I got tired of driving almost 300 miles each way to see this team suck in the cold. I still go to 2-3 games a year (my 3 games were all in Sept 1 road 2 home) & I go out each Sunday the Bills aren't on home TV in Albany & watch it at a place that has the NFL Sunday Ticket. But really, every time they play this bad, I'm glad I'm not at the game.

Edit: To let you know how die hard I used to be, I went to every non-preseason home game from the middle of the 1990 season until the Sunday before Thanksgiving 2007 and the only reason I missed the NE game in 2007 was because I had to go to my parents for Thanksgiving week, my mother needed eye surgery I had to take her to in LI on that Monday & my father ended up in the hospital Saturday night.

ZAZusmc03
12-08-2013, 05:59 PM
This is the first bills game I've ever willingly missed. I spent the day on the slopes snowboarding. Burnt out is an understatement.

Mace
12-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Bills Burnout Syndrome. This is killing me, when will this team ever get back to playoffs? Another wasted season, no playoffs and it hurts. Ugh!!! Not a good feeling at all. :scared:

After decades of this, I think I'm getting close. It's not a wasted season, no one in their right mind should have expected them to go to the playoffs anyway, but seeing the same games year after year with different faces and names without even achieving 8-8 is getting tedious.

BertSquirtgum
12-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Wish there was snow on the ground. I would have been snowmobiling instead of watching these bums. I'm done with season tickets after 12 years of ****. Won't be back until they prove to me they're worth spending my money on.

Typ0
12-08-2013, 06:27 PM
It's not as much the Bills as the NFL in general. Ever since those playoff games were decided by the ref's several years ago it's really been going downhill. I don't have much left in the tank for the NFL I don't think ...

WagonCircler
12-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Yes, BBS. Brandon's Bull Scheisse.

TacklingDummy
12-08-2013, 07:44 PM
The mental disorder is called The Curse of Flutie.

BertSquirtgum
12-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Change Leon with Steve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BkIh1R5utY

The Jokeman
12-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Yes, BBS. Brandon's Bull Scheisse.

Oh I thought BBS stood for Buffalo Bills Suck!

Meathead
12-08-2013, 10:32 PM
the good news is that i predicted five wins for the season and thats lookin pretty damn good right now

BertSquirtgum
12-09-2013, 12:17 AM
Change Leon with Steve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BkIh1R5utY

This was posted in the wrong thread.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-09-2013, 12:41 AM
I switched in the second quarter because I wanted to watch the crazy snow games on the Red Zone channel. If I didn't have chores that kept me in the house, I doubt I'd have watched at all.

Night Train
12-09-2013, 04:30 AM
I suffer by watching so much good football on Saturday, followed by below average/dull football on Sunday.

College > NFL

Jan Reimers
12-09-2013, 04:32 AM
After 54 years - only 2 of which ended with a championship - I have finally had it. The last 14 years of utter futility have convinced me to do something else with my "Golden Years."

Yesterday I watched the Browns get jobbed by the officials in New England, so I realized I have not gotten far enough away.

I may ask my wife to teach me how to knit.

Night Train
12-09-2013, 04:41 AM
I may ask my wife to teach me how to knit.

:rofl: That comes at the retirement home, when your not watering the silk flowers. :up:

Generalissimus Gibby
12-09-2013, 06:28 PM
I experienced my burnout after last year's 49ers game that they lost 45-3. I haven't really cared at all this season or last. Really, I treat them like I do the Royals. If they win, well that's nice, and if they lose oh well same old Bills.

DynaPaul
12-09-2013, 07:30 PM
I gave up when they signed Chan Failey after the Jauron fiasco.

pmoon6
12-10-2013, 09:20 AM
Hmmm. I'll never give up as long as the Bills are in WNY. It's a learned addiction from growing up there. It's about loyalty and the ability to persevere through dark times without crawling in the corner and bawling your eyes out or putting your head through a wall.

Of course now, we have the Internet so fans can get their baby on in full public view.

That alone is worth the price of admission to cyberspace.

Historian
12-10-2013, 09:38 AM
I agree with Moon.

I don't watch for this player or that player.

I watch because I'm from Buffalo, and that's what my Dad did, as did his Dad, etc.

Too often we equate the fortunes of the team, with the fortunes of our hometown. That's not particularly healthy, IMO. Lots of good things going on around here these days.

As for me personally, I have been a bit distracted over the last 10 years by the fact that my own kids are in competitive sports, so that takes precedent over the pros, but it has come full circle now, to where they are old enough to actually go to these games...with friends, etc.

I'm actually thinking of getting seasons next year in the family sections.

Sabres seasons are still just too much money, even though I like hockey just a tiny bit more these days.

pmoon6
12-10-2013, 09:49 AM
I agree with Moon.

I don't watch for this player or that player.

I watch because I'm from Buffalo, and that's what my Dad did, as did his Dad, etc.

Too often we equate the fortunes of the team, with the fortunes of our hometown. That's not particularly healthy, IMO. Lots of good things going on around here these days.

As for me personally, I have been a bit distracted over the last 10 years by the fact that my own kids are in competitive sports, so that takes precedent over the pros, but it has come full circle now, to where they are old enough to actually go to these games...with friends, etc.

I'm actually thinking of getting seasons next year in the family sections.

Sabres seasons are still just too much money, even though I like hockey just a tiny bit more these days.Well said.

Buckets
12-10-2013, 09:58 AM
Personally I think the Bills are now giving Buffalo more of a black eye than its undeserved reputation for snow fall.

trapezeus
12-10-2013, 10:17 AM
when you can predict what happens as accurately as it actually happens, why waste your time?

i literally said before the tampa game, "watch them just get run out of tampa." and this week, you know in an epicly boring game, the bills will win with a long field goal after 58 minutes of sloppy play. This will crush their top 5 pick, it will create a thread of how they are still in it, and that there were some good things there.

Fact is that Russ Brandon and co don't mind being the team that gets slapped around week in and week out. because the less they spend on the coaches and front office, the more of the money they pocket for themselves. and no one expects them to be around AR (after ralph). they will take their money to arizona and live rich and quietly.

If they cared, they'd make sure that logo was represented in commercials from national commericals. they'd do more to tap into the traveling expat community of buffalonians. they'd have put a very visible plan of succession for the bills.

They deserve an empty stadium. they deserve to be run out of this town before we lose the team. but we'll never do that. it's more fun to complain that some star player is underperforming than to say the entire core of the organization is unsalvagable. and that requires russ and co to leave.