X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raptor
    • Jan 2009

We'll consider cutting back the playbook for EJ-D.Marrone

Just said it in his pressor...Translation: he is a lot slower learner than we thought or told you

let me ask, where are all the clueless fans that bought into the nonsense that the FSU offense was more complicated than the Bills system, as per EJ said it was?

When those who actually follow college football knew that Jimbo had to dumb it down for EJ. Don't believe me? Look at that same offense now with Winston. FSU was/is actually able to open his playbook with a legit QB. What you see at FSU is what the offense was supposed to look like with a QB that can grasp it
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: We'll consider cutting back the playbook for EJ-D.Marrone

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
    Just said it in his pressor...Translation: he is a lot slower learner than we thought or told you

let me ask, where are all the clueless fans that bought into the nonsense that the FSU offense was more complicated than the Bills system, as per EJ said it was?

When those who actually follow college football knew that Jimbo had to dumb it down for EJ. Don't believe me? Look at that same offense now with Winston. FSU was/is actually able to open his playbook with a legit QB. What you see at FSU is what the offense was supposed to look like with a QB that can grasp it
    He doesn't need to dumb it down. He needs to change his crappy protection schemes and change the routes to have guys be actually open.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
      He doesn't need to dumb it down. He needs to change his crappy protection schemes and change the routes to have guys be actually open.
      Thad and Tuel seems to find those open receivers
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

Offense looks pretty dumb downed already, nothing but slants and shallow crosses, what more can they cut?

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
          Thad and Tuel seems to find those open receivers
          What games were you watching? The 1 game out of 5 that we won? Tuel has thrown 1 TD and 3 INT's and stunk up the field against KC. He hasn't posted a single game with over 47% completion numbers. But he's good?

Lewis? He's done better but has 1 win out of 3 games and almost as many INT's as TD's. He had one good game.

Let's not drink the dirt in the mirage here. None of these guys, including EJ, are playing at a solid starting QB level yet.

Comment

• colin
            Drew's my hero!
            • Jul 2002

Xera , you really have to stop defending ej. He's been terrible.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

How much further can you dumb down constant dump offs and slants?

Really?

Comment

• Mace
                Haha...yeah you think so ?
                • Mar 2013

Let's call it like it is, Manuel is looking very trentative at this point. Kind of silly though to say Tuel found open receivers, he did, though they weren't wearing the right uniforms. Lewis is a gamer. Looks like the guy at backup to me, but not "The Guy".

I guess the thing I still don't get in accumulating fast guys, is why they don't seem to ever heave it way down there to them, while they are being fast. It doesn't seem like complex coaching to say "look, this play lines everyone up to sprint long, just look to see which has the best jump and throw it that way as far as you can". One of them is bound to get a linebacker, and it doesn't seem a complicated read. Or "look, all you fast guys criss cross and go long" Only problem with it is that the offensive line needs to sort of slow people down a few seconds maybe.

Oh how it pains me to see Manuel looking trentative, but 3 more games to stop it or who knows ?

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

So it's going to get more boring than it already is? I'm not bothering to watch the last 3 games.

Comment

• Raptor
                    • Jan 2009

oh riiiiight I forgot, everyone else's fault but the crappy play of the QB. Got it

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

I don't recall anybody supporting the notion that the FSU offense was more complicated than the Bills.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
                        • Sep 2010

Why did we draft a project QB, that everyone knows is a project in the 1st round, when we could have had him in the 3rd? Why? Because we are the same old Bills.
                        Originally posted by OpIv37
                        You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• Raptor
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                          I don't recall anybody supporting the notion that the FSU offense was more complicated than the Bills.
                          they supported the statement

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9291927/ej-manuel-buffalo-bills-system-easier-learn-florida-state-offense Buffalo Bills (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/buf/buffalo-bills) quarterback EJ Manuel (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15803/ej-manuel) said Sunday in a radio interview from the NFLPA Rookie Premiere in Los

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

What games were you watching? The 1 game out of 5 that we won? Tuel has thrown 1 TD and 3 INT's and stunk up the field against KC. He hasn't posted a single game with over 47% completion numbers. But he's good?

Lewis? He's done better but has 1 win out of 3 games and almost as many INT's as TD's. He had one good game.

Let's not drink the dirt in the mirage here. None of these guys, including EJ, are playing at a solid starting QB level yet.
                            Tuel had 1 game vs a better defense than what EJ faced yesterday yet he was able to score a TD when he found GOODWIN deep. That's what I watched. EJ has has WAAAY more snaps and waaay more experience yet he stinks as much as Tuel at times.

You can defend EJ all you want but the coach has spoken. Dumb down the playbook for EJ.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Cleve
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Buffalo Thriller View Post
                              Why did we draft a project QB, that everyone knows is a project in the 1st round, when we could have had him in the 3rd? Why? Because we are the same old Bills.
                              It's just like Gailey was going to turn Fitzpatrick from a mid-tier backup into a franchise QB. Idiocy!

Bob Mathews, WHAM1180 in Rochester, has been consistently critical about Nix's decision to draft Manuel since before the day of the draft. It speaks volumes about Manuel that his old alma mater is playing a lot better now with HIM gone.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                              per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

Working...
                              X