• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

The worst thing is the lack of progress

We lost the last two games to poor competition, one due to embarrassing mistakes and the other due it just plain getting outplayed.

This team is regressing, not improving. And it's not just the rookies making big mistakes- wood, McKelvin, Stevie, Chandler.....

The OL has become just horrendous. A few weeks ago, I thought the D was ahead of schedule, but they've looked every bit as bad as last year for the last two games.

Woods has completely cooled off. Goodwin still isn't showing anything.

And then there's EJ. If anything, he looks WORSE than he did before getting hurt.

At this point in the season, we should be beating teams that have 3 wins so late in the season. But we aren't. So much for this season being preseason for next year.... Apparently 13 games still isn't enough practice for this bunch.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: The worst thing is the lack of progress

Oh, the announcers in the Saints game just said there were 88 touchdowns in the NFL today- most ever on a single day. Glad we contributed a grand total of....zero.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Why should we be beating 3 win teams when we are lucky to have 4 wins?

Comment

• BillsFever21
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
        We lost the last two games to poor competition, one due to embarrassing mistakes and the other due it just plain getting outplayed.

This team is regressing, not improving. And it's not just the rookies making big mistakes- wood, McKelvin, Stevie, Chandler.....

The OL has become just horrendous. A few weeks ago, I thought the D was ahead of schedule, but they've looked every bit as bad as last year for the last two games.

Woods has completely cooled off. Goodwin still isn't showing anything.

And then there's EJ. If anything, he looks WORSE than he did before getting hurt.

At this point in the season, we should be beating teams that have 3 wins so late in the season. But we aren't. So much for this season being preseason for next year.... Apparently 13 games still isn't enough practice for this bunch.
        That's also that I was hoping for at the most. This team has been consistently worse since around halfway through the season except for the Jets game.

I still can't believe the people who call the defense this year "dominant" like they're doing something special. They have had some great moments but they can't put complete games together very often.

As far as the people who labeled Goodwin as a star after a couple TD receptions just shows how fast they jump to conclusions. That and also lost any credibility by already calling him a proven player.

In the end I my preseason prediction for their record has been correct through the first 4, 8 and 12 games of the season. Only two or three of the games went the other way. We will end up probably winning one more game this year and the 5 win prediction will unfortunately be true. The way we're playing that may even be a stretch.
        Last edited by BillsFever21; 12-08-2013, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
          That's also that I was hoping for at the most. This team has been consistently worse since around halfway through the season except for the Jets game.

I still can't believe the people who call the defense this year "dominant" like they're doing something special. They have had some great moments but they can't put complete games together very often.

As far as the people who labeled Goodwin as a star after a couple TD receptions just shows how fast they jump to conclusions. That and also lost any credibility by already calling him a proven player.

In the end I my preseason prediction for their record has been correct through the first 4, 8 and 12 games of the season. Only two or three of the games went the other way. We will end up probably winning one more game this year and the 5 win prediction will unfortunately be true. The way we're playing that may even be a stretch.
          I give the defense a little bit of a pass as the offense doesn't do jack to get a first down, let alone sustain drives or score points.

Comment

• Cleve
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            Oh, the announcers in the Saints game just said there were 88 touchdowns in the NFL today- most ever on a single day. Glad we contributed a grand total of....zero.
            And don't forget - at game time, Tampa had the 28th ranked defense in the NFL, near the bottom of the league in every stat. The Bills made them look like the Steeler's "Iron Curtain" for pete's sake. LOL And even though Tampa's QB had a rating of an unbelievably bad 31, they still somehow outscored the Bills by a more than 3 to 1 margin.

SU Football maybe doesn't transition that well to the NFL? How is this team materially better than last year? or the year before? or the year before that? They're already 4 and 9 for the season -and they've secured an astonishing 14th consecutive year without a single post-season appearance. That is incredible in the era of parity and salary caps. It looks to me like they'd be real lucky to hit 6-10 - that's a Jauron or Gailey type record.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
            per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• imbondz
              Democrats are people too
              • Jan 2003

guys guys it's a rebuilding year
              My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                • Sep 2003

Marrone is clearly in over his head! wtf were they thinking of when you hire a mediocre coach from a less than mediocre college football program! Wtg and be smarter than everyone else! Fail!

Comment

• unpaid_bills
                  • Nov 2004

Poor coaching not enough playmakers rookie QB
                  Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills .... Bills Mafia for life

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                    • Sep 2009

That's what pisses me off the most, they played competitive football for much of the first half, been pretty bad since. What's worse is that they had excuses early in the year due to injury. Now they have all the "talent" back and look worse.

Pitiful display.

Comment

• jills
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                      guys guys it's a rebuilding year
                      Guess it has been 14 years of rebuilding then...

Comment

• Historian
                        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by alohabillsfan View Post
                        Marrone is clearly in over his head! wtf were they thinking of when you hire a mediocre coach from a less than mediocre college football program! Wtg and be smarter than everyone else! Fail!
                        "Exhaustive search"

Comment

• Meathead
                          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                          • Jul 2002

well as usual this time of year the bills are eliminated from the playoff picture. thank god we can now all turn our attention to hock ... crap
                          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• EDS
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by alohabillsfan View Post
                            Hey. Marrone was a great move by the Bills. Ralph did not have to pay for a hotel room or flight when he interviewed and relocation costs were minimal.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by jills View Post
                            Guess it has been 14 years of rebuilding then...
                            Bills fans are terrible, they have no patience for building a winner . . .

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

OP is right on. even in a bad season, the bills should be playing sounder football right now...not unwatchable football.

It is a real sign that this coaching staff isn't getting it. given cup cake teams and they just proved that they were cupcakes themselves.

i still think there are pieces here that can pan out. but they need to start holding the team to a higher standard. our season should be 4 mini seasons. And we should be looking to go 4-0/3-1 in each four block game. and we don't. we are a losing team in the mini blocks as well. that's pathetic. a huge load is on the QB play. the defense played well in the first half of the season but could never make enough stops for a team that routinely went 3 and out.

Look at the seahawks. they had pete carroll killing their team, but he picks one good and accurate QB, and they are at the top of the game. the bills need to draft another QB and say good bye to thad or tuel depending on camp performance.

Comment

Working...
                              X