PDA

View Full Version : zemgus on his scoring drought.

JATMtheJATM
12-08-2013, 09:23 PM
http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-rookie-zemgus-girgensons-ends-goal-drought-knows-he-needs-to-score-more/

he then goes out and gets his second of the season in impressive fashion.

zemgus is one of those guys i think you should watch in the second half, where he develops enough to start scoring more. its a process, and itll be 2 or 3 years before his offense catches up, but itll start to come a little more frequently. probably end the season with 6-8 goals in my prediction (with no scientific or statistical backing. i just think he will improve slightly)

YankeeInRaleigh
12-09-2013, 08:13 AM
I don't really care what his path to development is...he's already got 'it', he's got the heart and the hustle, all he seems to be missing is experience, which I hope he gets only with the Buffalo Sabres. Future captain IMO.

And what a great contrast he is for our judging of Grigorenko. Grigs just seems to be totally lacking 'it', plus he has zero confidence, and what would appear to be zero reason FOR confidence. How on earth did he get drafted 12th overall?

JATMtheJATM
12-09-2013, 11:08 AM
I don't really care what his path to development is...he's already got 'it', he's got the heart and the hustle, all he seems to be missing is experience, which I hope he gets only with the Buffalo Sabres. Future captain IMO.

And what a great contrast he is for our judging of Grigorenko. Grigs just seems to be totally lacking 'it', plus he has zero confidence, and what would appear to be zero reason FOR confidence. How on earth did he get drafted 12th overall?

Grigo was badly mishandled

YankeeInRaleigh
12-09-2013, 01:31 PM
Is it really possibly to be mishandled so badly that you apparently lose almost all hockey skill? Who the hell handled him....Sandusky?

JATMtheJATM
12-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Is it really possibly to be mishandled so badly that you apparently lose almost all hockey skill? Who the hell handled him....Sandusky?

his skill is very much still there. some players are ready at 18. some 19. some 23. grigo should have been kept in quebec from the get go last year. grigo should be in the AHL next season in his first season pro.

there was a time when grigo was considered a potential number 1 pick before his stock fell due to illness.

grigo was badly mishandled. but at 19, its much too early to worry much. he was actually playing better, but he kept getting demoted and scratched. and maybe better isnt enough, as he lacked a high compete level, but when a team is this bad, and hes part of the future, play the kid on the third line with decent linemates and let him grow.

Downinfloflo
12-09-2013, 01:56 PM
These guys get use to beating up on players with less skill in the CHL and they are hailed as great players.

Then when they get to the NHL they see for the first time in their lives they are not as bad ass as they thought.Some have a real hard time with that reality.

JATMtheJATM
12-09-2013, 02:06 PM
These guys get use to beating up on players with less skill in the CHL and they are hailed as great players.

Then when they get to the NHL they see for the first time in their lives they are not as bad ass as they thought.Some have a real hard time with that reality.

of course. some make the adjustment right away. some take time. some need time. grigo needs time, and in that time, he needs a wake up call with his mentality. he should have made the jump next year to the AHL. nothing wrong taking your time with a prospect and having him play in the AHL for a year or two. the sabres botched grigo badly.

Downinfloflo
12-09-2013, 02:43 PM
of course. some make the adjustment right away. some take time. some need time. grigo needs time, and in that time, he needs a wake up call with his mentality. he should have made the jump next year to the AHL. nothing wrong taking your time with a prospect and having him play in the AHL for a year or two. the sabres botched grigo badly.

Now you know why we keep saying 5 years.

JATMtheJATM
12-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Now you know why we keep saying 5 years.

well, i knew why, i just didnt agree completely. 5 years is the extreme. the sabres have young players already making an impact, or close to. but its a process. when you say 5 years, i thought you meant 5 years like this one.

Downinfloflo
12-09-2013, 02:51 PM
well, i knew why, i just didnt agree completely. 5 years is the extreme. the sabres have young players already making an impact, or close to. but its a process. when you say 5 years, i thought you meant 5 years like this one.

3-4 years like this one.

The Islanders, Panthers, Oilers, Are the teams you should be looking at as a measuring stick when it comes to the Sabres rebuild.

JATMtheJATM
12-09-2013, 03:04 PM
3-4 years like this one.

The Islanders, Panthers, Oilers, Are the teams you should be looking at as a measuring stick when it comes to the Sabres rebuild.

i think it depends on the coming draft. reinhart can be an impact player. and if the stars align and the sabres win mcdavid... hes an impact player as well, and suddenly, the team looks very different.

Downinfloflo
12-09-2013, 03:12 PM
i think it depends on the coming draft. reinhart can be an impact player. and if the stars align and the sabres win mcdavid... hes an impact player as well, and suddenly, the team looks very different.

Those 3 teams I mentioned had the same impact players...You could draft Bossy and you will still be in the same boat.

JATMtheJATM
12-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Those 3 teams I mentioned had the same impact players...You could draft Bossy and you will still be in the same boat.

i expect buffalo to play better next year. maybe not in the standings so much, but scoring wise, differential.

Downinfloflo
12-09-2013, 03:41 PM
i expect buffalo to play better next year. maybe not in the standings so much, but scoring wise, differential.

How much worse can it really get?

With out Miller it just may be harder to watch.

JATMtheJATM
12-09-2013, 03:47 PM
How much worse can it really get?

With out Miller it just may be harder to watch.

thats something i just realized. miller likely wont be around next year. so the D needs to improve vastly before next year. i think it can with so much youth. mcnabb and pysyk especially. but enough to cover for miller? doubtful.

JATMtheJATM
12-10-2013, 07:20 PM
girgs scores again. his third. not bad.